• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supply shortages mean Norwegian conscripts must return their used underwear at the end of their military services

Bullet Club

Banned

Supply shortages mean Norwegian conscripts must return their used underwear at the end of their military services​

Norweigan's enlisted will now have to return their used underwear – as well as bras and socks – after their service is done due to supply shortages, Euronews reported.

The Guardian reported that the Army made the decision because of dwindling supplies and supply chain issues caused by the pandemic making it hard for them to get more.

"The decision to reuse this part of the kit will help us have more volume in circulation and increase the delivery capacity of the equipment. We have too little in stock," Army Logistics spokesman Hans Meisingset said.

Euronews, citing public broadcaster NRK, reported that in years past, conscripts could voluntarily return their intimates, but now it's mandatory.

"The linen is washed, cleaned, and checked. What we distribute is in good condition," Meisingset said.

The Guardian reported that a conscripts' representative told a local trade outlet that the shortages could impact the operations of those enlisted.

"Severe shortages of equipment and clothing can potentially affect operational readiness and, in the worst case, the safety of the soldier," Eirik Sjøhelle Eiksund told the Norwegian trade publication Forsvarets Forum.

Norway has compulsory conscription but not everyone ends up being drafted. Every year, those who are old enough to be drafted get a self-declaration form from the armed forces asking them for details about their physical and mental health, criminal record, as well as how motivated they are to join. Then the most fitted candidates are selected to move on to the next phase.

In 2015, the country extended conscription to include women. Overall, only about 8,000 to 10,000 conscripts will be selected from around 60,000 draftable Norwegians in each class.

Source: Insider

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
the lion king disney GIF

Kind of strange since in my service time I bought my own god damn underwear and yeah the supply issue have always been there but no commander is gonna give a fuck what kind of underwear you have on as long as it's follow regulations.

Finding ones made with simmilar materials as the one supplied by the army is not a problem most soldiers are just gonna buy their own.

The army logistics have to follow certain rules on how they aqquire new materials so this story is mostly on how the red tape in the logistics department has become a nightmare than anything else.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Kind of strange since in my service time I bought my own god damn underwear and yeah the supply issue have always been there but no commander is gonna give a fuck what kind of underwear you have on as long as it's follow regulations.

Finding ones made with simmilar materials as the one supplied by the army is not a problem most soldiers are just gonna buy their own.

The army logistics have to follow certain rules on how they aqquire new materials so this story is mostly on how the red tape in the logistics department has become a nightmare than anything else.
PRIVATE. PULL THOSE GOD DAMN PANTS DOWN AND BEND OVER SO I CAN ENSURE YOUR BUDGY SMUGGLERS AND TIGHT AND WHITE ENOUGH.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Makes sense.

When was the last time you heard of any clothes made in Norway?

Their economy is so far up the ladder, piddly shit like sewing together textiles is long gone.

This should just be something the soldiers are buying on their own and I wouldn’t t be surprised if many do.
Former Norwegian soldier here we did do that if not all of us atleast I did and nobody gave a damn what underwear you had on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom