• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Symphonic Odysseys | Orchestral Nobuo Uematsu concert | July, 9th in Cologne

B.K.

I hope someone with a good connection is recording this event so they can put it online later, like people did for Symphonic Fantasies last year. The streams are pretty bad. I don't know if I can keep watching it like this.

Arren

The Broadband connection is really amazing this time for me. The sound is impeccable and the video flows smoothly!

Great new fanfare, by the way. :)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I was at the concert. It was soooo good. Good reactions from the audience and I quite enjoyed the pianist (he had great energy.) Plus long-haired Uematsu in a jinbei and headscarf. I was a little annoyed at the FFVII battle medley at first, but then when they only teased One Winged Angel I was quite pleased. I didn't need to hear another version of that song. It was amusing when everyone got excited for it, and then they just went into another song. Glad to hear JENOVA instead.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Piano guy has a guy turning the pages for him, lol

Streams are buffering now, even on DSL link :/

Nasreddin

Urban Scholar said:
Does anyone know if this is being recorded? I'm missing this at the moment.

Probably there will be an official disc release in high quality like with the other concerts of the orchestra.

Great start for the concert. :)

scurker

Wario64 said:
Piano guy has a guy turning the pages for him, lol
Turning pages are a bitch on a piano. ;-)

This is such a great arrangement so far. Very piano concerto like, this is a nice twist to the normal full orchestra.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Urban Scholar said:
Does anyone know if this is being recorded? I'm missing this at the moment.
I imagine that there is definitely someone out there who is recording it.

Lissar said:
I was at the concert. It was soooo good. Good reactions from the audience and I quite enjoyed the pianist (he had great energy.) Plus long-haired Uematsu in a jinbei and headscarf. I was a little annoyed at the FFVII battle medley at first, but then when they only teased One Winged Angel I was quite pleased. I didn't need to hear another version of that song. It was amusing when everyone got excited for it, and then they just went into another song. Glad to hear JENOVA instead.

OWA has become kind of a joke at these concerts now.

Nasreddin said:
Probably there will be an official disc release in high quality like with the other concerts of the orchestra.
Great start for the concert. :)

speedpop said:
I imagine that there is definitely someone out there who is recording it.

Cool, if I see you guys mention battle on the big bridge from FF5 though, I'm stopping what I'm doing to listen to that.

kadotsu

Banned
If someone tells me how to record sound from digital coax I'll record all future concerts in 5.1. I don't know much about digial recording equipment and the only digital output my TV has is digital coax.

FFIV Fuck YEaahhh!

Datrio

la_briola said:
WDR4 is broadcasting it on television in 5.1 audio (if it is not broken)
Shit, that's the first time I regret I don't have TV here. I'm recording the normal video from the web, but it seems I won't upload this FF stuff, since I had some problems with the recording.

And that opera arrangement is godly.

Top Bottom