• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Symphonic Odysseys | Orchestral Nobuo Uematsu concert | July, 9th in Cologne

Thoraxes

brotkasten said:
Well, I guess I'll have to import the soundtrack now.
It was definitely worth the money for me, at any rate.

Bjoern the Smexy said:
Last Story's soundtrack is so beautiful.
This arrangement as well.

Gorgeous.
All of them are taken with the same instrumentation and orchestration that they are in-game, so far. No actual arrangements yet, heh.

tanod

when is my burrito
Do you think Square conned Uematsu into writing music for FFIV without telling him it's a MMO?

Was he involved at all in XI's composing or was X his last?

Pie Lord

tanod said:
Do you think Square conned Uematsu into writing music for FFIV without telling him it's a MMO?

He composed XI's soundtrack.

Wario64 said:
I had no idea FFXIV had a good soundtrack, lol.
Why is this surprising to you? When has Uematsu ever released a bad soundtrack?

Thoraxes

Pie Lord said:
He composed XI's soundtrack.

tanod said:

He only helped out ona team of composers of creating Vanilla XI's OST. The rest, ever since launch, has been done by Mizuta. Mizuta has always been the main composer for XI, even since launch.

Also no, game composers usually get the rundown of the details of a game before they make the music for it. Uematsu loves to make music, which is why he composed for XIV.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
That was a beautiful version of Waterside.

brotkasten said:
First fail of this evening. Waterside without a piano.
As great as the piano can be, the violin can be heartbreaking. I think it did it rather well.

Phatcorns

Waterside was a little disappointing, just the melody repeated over and over and no percussion. Still nice though. I just hate that Rhapsody in Blue sound, especially when it's used for a videogame piece. I can't remember which one it was, but I know they did that for one of the Legends pieces.

dani_dc

Bah, didn't see this until now.
Last year was pretty meh but the year before was fantastic.

*goes to hear what's left of this year*

Wortany

Now this a Main theme!.........Dammit, now I want to replay the game again....
Edit: *Swoon* That boss battle.....

Urban Scholar said:
Never played the game but that's some nice music.
It's my favorite OST from Uematsu. Not saying his best, because I didn't listen do everything he ever did, but definitely my favorite.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Player doesn't seem to work on my end?
http://wdr.de/mediathek/html/regional/livestream/sondersendung.xml
That's the URL right?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Wow, this suite for LO alone makes me wish there was another. Instead we got N3II and Ju-on. :(

Xater

Well I was at the concert at in the afternoon and loved every minute of the. The best parts probably were the FF and Lost odyssey suites. Lost odyssey just sounded bombastic in this arrangement. The standing ovation at the end was amazing. We got two encores and when the second one was announced as the battle them from FF7 the hall exploded with cheers. Also those fuckers teased "One Winged Angel" again.
KuGsj.gif

kk8j3.jpg

Xater said:
Well I was at the concert at in the afternoon and loved every minute of the. The best parts probably were the FF and Lost odyssey suites. Lost odyssey just sounded bombastic in this arrangement. The standing ovation at the end was amazing. We got two encores and when the second one was announced as the battle them from FF7 the hall exploded with cheers. Also those fuckers teased "One Winged Angel" again.
KuGsj.gif

kk8j3.jpg
I hate you, please die. /SP reference

Deadly

Main theme again! Fuck the main theme of Lost Odyssey was so fucking good. I'd leave it at the menu screen just to listen to it. I also watched the intro a buncha times.

Bjoern the Smexy said:
Dear Mistwalker,

please make Lost Odyssey 2.
And while you're at it, Lost Odyssey 3 would be nice as well.

Sincerely

Björn, the Smexy
You have to ask Microsoft, it's their IP.

Wortany

brotkasten said:
You have to ask Microsoft, it's their IP.
Doomed Lost Odyssey is. :(

Those last pieces of Lost Odyssey certainly made the concert. Damn those people with tickets that didn't show up!
I would have gone for sure if I had one :(

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OMG MORE!

Xater said:
Pretty sure they don't, because there was a Blue Dragon NDS game.
There's a reason they say it's a registered trademark of Microsoft for both games. Microsoft owns the IPs BD and LO.

Top Bottom