• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syria: Hundreds Killed In Chemical Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebron

Don't even attempt to click the last video.

Just don't do it. Just, don't. No one should ever have to go through that. So terrible and tragic.

Mii

Banned
So many children, all of them wearing pajamas, attacked during their sleep :(
The world are playing double standards with Egypt and Syria, in Egypt their warning to pull support away from the Egyptian army although they haven't used brute force as AL Assad did, while in Syria it's just harmless condemnation.

1000 dead in Egypt in a week's span isn't brute force?

It may not be killing children with nerve gas while they sleep, but what the Egyptian army is doing certainly can't be classified as acceptable.

The US long ago used up most of its ability to financially reprimand Syria after a slew of sanctions and other measures.

1000 dead in Egypt in a week's span isn't brute force?

It may not be killing children with nerve gas while they sleep, but what the Egyptian army is doing certainly can't be classified as acceptable.
I don't remember the Egyptian Army using F16 planes and chemical weapons in Cairo?

raindoc

EDIT: The evidence looks strong for the attack but I found an question on Reddit that is interesting no matter what part you support (This is most likely from a Assad supporter as he has a little Syrian flag next to his username):

"My question pertains to the logicality of using chemical weapons on a small scale?"

To "cut of the head" maybe?
Intel indicates that Rebel leader XY has set up his HQ in a certain district, troops cannot enter for obvious reasons, artillery strikes are too ineffective/the infrastructure is too valuable...

just a possibility I could think of. your "renegade general" is a valid option too, imho and - not making friends here, i know - the fact that pictures like these presumably help the rebels' cause more than Assad's military campaign must not be overlooked.

Damn, that video ...

Can we finally send in the troops? US, Europe, Turkey?

Maybe Egypt and Turkey can do something with their ridiculously huge armies that each has more tanks and jet fighters then France and the UK combined. Something other then shooting their own citizens.

liger05

Maybe Egypt and Turkey can do something with their ridiculously huge armies that each has more tanks and jet fighters then France and the UK combined. Something other then shooting their own citizens.

Egypt wouldn't. They are a lost cause. I hope Erdogan does something.

Why would assad use chemical weapons when he had just invited UN chemical weapon experts to Syria? And they are there? To investigate allegations that he used chemical weapons?

slit

Why would assad use chemical weapons when he had just invited UN chemical weapon experts to Syria? And they are there? To investigate allegations that he used chemical weapons?

Well to be honest, it may not have been Assad himself that ordered it. Doesn't mean his forces aren't responsible. Of course, it doesn't mean they are either.

Seanspeed

Banned
Do NOT watch the videos. Completely horrible.

And as always people claiming false flag attacks. Just because the SAA has had gains in the past months with the help of Iran and Hezbollah in some areas does not mean that the war is lost. That's not how war works.

As people have said it's more of a stalemate with the Rebels being pushed back in some areas but pushing forward in others and vice versa.

EDIT: The evidence looks strong for the attack but I found an question on Reddit that is interesting no matter what part you support (This is most likely from a Assad supporter as he has a little Syrian flag next to his username):

I have a little theory. Sectarianism. Maybe it has reached a boiling point that some Alawite Generals has seen it as a nescessity to find more fast ways to exterminate people.

I read that as well.

And really, it doesn't make sense to me. Don't know what to believe.

zma1013

Why to get rid of them of course! By the time the UN experts come in, he will have used them all up and then he can truthfully say that he no longer has any chemical weapons in his country.

And yeah, I'm not watching those videos. Terrible, just terrible what's happening.

Thread title is extremely misleading. Both the rebels and government have been accusing each other of using chemicals. Last I read, the UN found evidence to support the latter

Terra

Humans.
It's amazing how much we can fuck up things, this world and other people around us.
So tired of being a part of this sometimes. Children need love, caring and freedom. Not this...or anything violent.

Thread title is extremely misleading. Both the rebels and government have been accusing each other of using chemicals. Last I read, the UN found evidence to support the latter
What did you find confusing in it? It's a simple statement of fact. No where in the title does it bear responsibly on a party.

Nevertheless, I find it somehow unlikely that in damascus suburbs, the rebels who somehow got their hands on highly classified syrian military equipment, would choose to fire it on themselves rather than the capital headquarters a few miles away.

marrec

Banned
Hopefully not. We have no business intervening. Neither side deserves to "win."

I say this in every Syria thread, but the reason neither side deserves to 'win' is because we sat around on our hands while the opposition was taken over by militant terrorists. There was a time when this was an actual civil war and not a new front for terrorist organizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom