• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces (Wii) Tales of VS (PSP), Tales of Vesperia (PS3) JP sites open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpgmonkey

darkwings said:
so is team symphonia doing graces?

Developers haven't been confirmed yet, but I bet Vesperia PS3 is being handled by the same group that made the 360 version (which was mostly Team Symphonia), Versus is outsourced or developed by Namco themselves, and Graces is some new group at Tales Studio (made mostly out of Team Destiny staff).

darkwings

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
Developers haven't been confirmed yet, but I bet Vesperia PS3 is being handled by the same group that made the 360 version (which was mostly Team Symphonia), Versus is outsourced or developed by Namco themselves, and Graces is some new group at Tales Studio (made mostly out of Team Destiny staff).

ok thanks, let's just not hope graces = symphonia 2 team. That game was bland.

Diablos54

Much as I feel this might just be too much Tales for one year, it's nice to see most of the systems get some solid Tales love from Namco. And the seamless overworld for ToG sounds intresting, hopefully it's as high quality as DQ8's or FF XII's, although I'm not keeping my hopes up.

farnham

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
i dont think a porting job will require the whole team symphonia.. they developed symphonia 2 and vesperia simultaneously after all

GCX

lucablight said:
Is anyone else afraid Vesperia could end up being Japan only?
I'm pretty sure it'll be released outside Japan too.

With Symphonia Nintendo had the rights for the localization so that's propably why PS2 version never came out in US/EU.

Aru

Rpgmonkey said:

I hope that Alfa System isn't developing VS :eek:

MechaX

GCX said:
I'm pretty sure it'll be released outside Japan too.

With Symphonia Nintendo had the rights for the localization so that's propably why PS2 version never came out in US/EU.

Well, it seems as if the Vesperia PS3 port is going to be much more ambitious than Symphonia PS2 (which only had some new costumes and a new boss battle). Really, it'll probably come down to three things:

1. As the previous poster mentioned, how well Eternal Sonata PS3 sold and whether or not Namco will deem Vesperia worth it
2. Exactly how much more voiced cutscenes there will be. Of course, Namco might not even voice them at all, but don't be surprised if Namco simply does not want to foot any extra localization and voice actor costs
3. I'm usually a skeptic of the MS "Money Hat" conspiracy theories, but if a deal between them and Namco barred any possible other versions from the US, well...

darkwings

Banned
MechaX said:
Well, it seems as if the Vesperia PS3 port is going to be much more ambitious than Symphonia PS2 (which only had some new costumes and a new boss battle)

actually PS2 symphonia had a few extra artes also.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
c_l1239039892_1.jpg

Yeah, I don't know. I mean I look at this game and I see just real simplicity both technically and artistically-- and I know the game won't be this clean on my TV-- and it just comes across as so unappealing to me. Plain flat textured floor?

And the main character still looks like crap to me. Elvis impersonator with purple hair.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
lucablight said:
Is anyone else afraid Vesperia could end up being Japan only?

Not really, since I plan to import it and if it is released in NA, I plan to buy that version too.

GamerSoul

Magicpaint said:
Looking again at the battle screenies for ToG...I'm seeing Abyss-ish monsters... AGAIN. Why in the world do they keep reusing these monsters? It's not like Abyss had great monsters to begin with (thought the 2D games and ToS had superior monsters).

I kno rite, NO MOAR Cut n paste plz.

Rpgmonkey

farnham said:
i dont think a porting job will require the whole team symphonia.. they developed symphonia 2 and vesperia simultaneously after all

Symphonia 2 and Vesperia weren't by the same team.

And last time they ended up handling both ToS GCN and its port.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
MotherFan said:
Any chance some of the extra content for ps3 version could become dlc for 360 one?
You never know but it doesn't look good. Consider this the ultimate version of the game. I've put in 32 hours into the 360 version but will definitely be getting this one as well.

Rpgmonkey

Tons of screens here:

http://bbs.a9vg.com/read.php?tid=1145092&fpage=1

-What seems to be Yuri's new Mystic Arte is here. Could be some kind of double thing with Flynn, but I think it's more likely it's a rare "special" cut-in.
-A whole script book got added, bringing it from 5 to 6.
-Sword Dancer?
-Repede has costumes.
-Some new scenes and FMVs it seems.

LiK

DLC for 360 version might not happen cuz of the low sales, but it's not a big deal for us double dippers

gcubed

MotherFan said:
Any chance some of the extra content for ps3 version could become dlc for 360 one?

Doubtful, I would assume its part of Sony's deal for getting late ports. The edict from SCE was that if they want to release a late port on the system, then it needs to have exclusive new features in trade off for it being late.

I'm halfway through the 360 version, here's to hoping that it comes out in the US in the winter so i can have a break before i double dip

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
How did Vesperia fare? I haven't touched a Tales game since Symphonia, and Phantasia before that.

LiK

speedpop said:
How did Vesperia fare? I haven't touched a Tales game since Symphonia, and Phantasia before that.

best Tales game to date, imo. if ToV sells like shit on the PS3, then people can stop bitching about making RPGs go multiplatform.

gcubed

LiK said:
best Tales game to date, imo. if ToV sells like shit on the PS3, then people can stop bitching about making RPGs go multiplatform.

??? or maybe you can make some sense and not use a year old port as your basis for comparison?

LiK

gcubed said:
??? or maybe you can make some sense and not use a year old port as your basis for comparison?

why does it matter if it's a port? it doesn't matter if it's a port or not to people who don't have a 360 anyways. ex: RE4 for the Wii was an enhanced port and it was a success.

speedpop said:
Vesperia is excellent

and I hope its JP only, Eternal Sonata didnt have the Only on 360 badge, and Tales of Symphonia did

Paracelsus

PseudoKirby said:
and I hope its JP only

I didn't have the slightest doubt.

Eternal Sonata didnt have the Only on 360 badge, and Tales of Symphonia did

That tag is worth shit, when even a third party MS published game is getting ported worldwide, but I guess you already know that.

Paracelsus said:
I didn't have the slightest doubt.

That tag is worth shit, when even a third party MS published game is getting ported worldwide, but I guess you already know that.

yea I know, but I was just trying to grasp for straws

neojubei

LiK said:

Didn't the game already sell poorly?

neojubei

PseudoKirby said:
Vesperia is excellent

and I hope its JP only, Eternal Sonata didnt have the Only on 360 badge, and Tales of Symphonia did

Why do you hope it is Jpn only?

meh nothing mentioned so far about the vesperia port sounds like it will be worth double dipping for

i was honestly hoping that namco would put out an all new tales game for ps3. maybe some day...

They mention that aside from the new playable character, the main scenario of ToV for PS3 will be fully voiced now because they have the space.

i'm pretty sure they could have crammed the rest of the voice into the 360 version seeing as how they had 900mbs left on the dvd

gcubed

LiK said:
why does it matter if it's a port? it doesn't matter if it's a port or not to people who don't have a 360 anyways. ex: RE4 for the Wii was an enhanced port and it was a success.

i would argue that RPG's are no longer mainstream games in the US, and RPG heavy players should already own a 360.. if they dont then i dont know what to say to them. The reason why I bought a 360 to supplement my ps3 was mainly for rpg's because i couldnt justify waiting or not knowing when an answer with a $199 price tag was in my face. I hope it sells well for Namco, i'm liking it so far, i think Japan will buy it up, but think it will most likely flounder in the rest of the world.

that being said, i'm hoping VS will be good, would love it on the PSP!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
grandjedi6 said:
I like how Emil was apparently too lame to represent Dawn of the New World :lol

Even on tales spin-off standards the character was just plain awful :lol .

Graces is looking pretty good, I just hope they do another mothership tales on the 360 using the vesperia engine.

LiK

gcubed said:
i would argue that RPG's are no longer mainstream games in the US, and RPG heavy players should already own a 360.. if they dont then i dont know what to say to them. The reason why I bought a 360 to supplement my ps3 was mainly for rpg's because i couldnt justify waiting or not knowing when an answer with a $199 price tag was in my face. I hope it sells well for Namco, i'm liking it so far, i think Japan will buy it up, but think it will most likely flounder in the rest of the world.

yes, i hope it sells well for Namco as well cuz i loved ToV. i should've clarified that i'm just tired of people arguing that if a JRPG goes multiplatform, it would sell better. i don't think i've seen that happen, correct me if i'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom