• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces (Wii) Tales of VS (PSP), Tales of Vesperia (PS3) JP sites open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpgmonkey

LiK said:
yes, i hope it sells well for Namco as well cuz i loved ToV. i should've clarified that i'm just tired of people arguing that if a JRPG goes multiplatform, it would sell better. i don't think i've seen that happen, correct me if i'm wrong.

The tri-Ace JRPG is probably the only notable one this gen that's multiplatform from the start, and in all regions (as far as we know anyway). We'll have to see how that does.

Considering the late ports (360 to PS3), I don't think any of them have really did anything special sales-wise. I don't have high expectations of ToV outselling the original version either to be honest.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
LiK said:
yes, i hope it sells well for Namco as well cuz i loved ToV. i should've clarified that i'm just tired of people arguing that if a JRPG goes multiplatform, it would sell better. i don't think i've seen that happen, correct me if i'm wrong.

Acutally it would sell better in Japan but sales would be poor everywhere else. And to add we have yet to see a multiplatform RPG released on the same day on both systems. If ToV came out in Japan on PS3 and 360, the sales would probably be better than only on 360.

Two more Graces snaps:

xpzr04.jpg

ratduc.jpg

So he's now officially Asbel Lhant.

Rpgmonkey

Asbel Lhant. ;)

Edit: lol stealth edits

darkwings said:
Graces is getting a US release right?

None of the three are confirmed for NA releases.

I'd say Graces has much better chances than the other two though.

gantz85

Banned
Wait, Tales of Vesperia for 360 wasn't fully voiced?

Can anyone tell me what they had voiced, then? I see a post above that says that the Main Scenario wasn't fully voiced; I mean if they don't even voice the main scenario then what was voiced precisely? Just the beginning and the end?

Glad to hear that ToV for PS3 will be fully-voiced, whatever that may mean (will mean more if someone explains to me :D)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
grandjedi6 said:
I like how Emil was apparently too lame to represent Dawn of the New World :lol

Well, Richter is more badass.

I hope he's in it though, as much as people hate the "Emil" character, his fighting style is pretty cool. He's so fast and his game is almost entirely aerial, I actually enjoyed fighting as him.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Agh, why am I seeing Suzaku from Code Geass? :(.

darkwings

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
None of the three are confirmed for NA releases.

I'd say Graces has much better chances than the other two though.

ToS2 sold pretty decent in the US, so think they will bring it over.

LiK

gantz85 said:

Can anyone tell me what they had voiced, then? I see a post above that says that the Main Scenario wasn't fully voiced; I mean if they don't even voice the main scenario then what was voiced precisely? Just the beginning and the end?

Glad to hear that ToV for PS3 will be fully-voiced, whatever that may mean (will mean more if someone explains to me :D)

for the NA version, every major cutscene (FMV and in-game is fully voiced.) the main sections without voices were mainly the sections where you explored the towns chattering with random townsfolk and a few in-game cutscenes. and ALL the skits are fully voiced and quite excellent. there's ALOT of voiced dialogue in the game.

Rpgmonkey

gantz85 said:

Basically, not all the scenes in the main story scenes of Vesperia were voiced.

Now they are.

LiK said:
why does it matter if it's a port? it doesn't matter if it's a port or not to people who don't have a 360 anyways. ex: RE4 for the Wii was an enhanced port and it was a success.

later in the gen, bigger games are coming...people have seen the game advertized for 360 a while back, and have lost interest...this might be hitting at a similar time to FFXIII...

gantz85

Banned
http://bbs.a9vg.com/read.php?tid=1145092&fpage=1

Here's a Chinese source and outside of already-mentioned key points about Tales of Vesperia I'll translate other unmentioned items.

When Producer 樋口義人 was asked whether Tales of Vesperia was "just a port", he replied:

• There is an additional new character (the loli pirate as we already know)
  • The PS3 version's main scenario will be fully voiced.
  • The amount of new dialogue lines added is nearly the same as the original amount existing in the 360 version.
  • A new promotional video showcasing the new additional character will be available on PSN in April.

Other purported additions:

• New supporting scenarios (sidequests?)
  • New exclusive content in PS3 Vesperia will be linked to the Tales of Vesperia movie.

1239019236773.jpg

1239019425628.jpg

LiK

nelsonroyale said:
later in the gen, bigger games are coming...people have seen the game advertized for 360 a while back, and have lost interest...this might be hitting at a similar time to FFXIII...

nah, i think it'll come out before FFXIII ;)

btw, i'm surprised so many people are excited about Graces.

thuway

The PS3 could potentially see alot of JRPG love if they somehow can release ToV, Star Ocean 4, and Final Fantasy XIII by the end of this year. The amount of consoles sold for FFXIII alone would probably fare well for the other two games.

LiK

Paracelsus said:
Double the dialogues? I think they're just boasting around.

i'm sure the "double" amount involves the characters interacting with the new pirate girl character. they're gonna have to add a ton of new skits with her judging from the huge amount they had in the 360 version with the regular guys. i really hope she's not annoying.

I dunno about the skits. Series mainstay and all that sure but from what I remember of Symphonia and the bits and pieces of Abyss couldn't Namco/Bandai just relegate most of these into conversations during exploring/battles? Like you're in the middle of a bossfight and the main heroine blurts out she borrowed the main hero's toothbrush one night and the other two characters are all "oooooooooh".

Then again maybe they'll grow on me when I get into Vesperia since apparently this time around they're actually voiced.

LiK

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I dunno about the skits. Series mainstay and all that sure but from what I remember of Symphonia and the bits and pieces of Abyss couldn't Namco/Bandai just relegate most of these into conversations during exploring/battles? Like you're in the middle of a bossfight and the main heroine blurts out she borrowed the main hero's toothbrush one night and the other two characters are all "oooooooooh".

Then again maybe they'll grow on me when I get into Vesperia since apparently this time around they're actually voiced.

i'm confused, are you referring to the skits? because all the skits in the 360 one are fully voiced. they have skits for everything you do in the game which i thought was great. i really love them because they do such a great job developing the characters.

WYWY

c_l1239039892_0.jpg

c_l1239039892_1.jpg

Sorry, but as much as I like to think of myself as being extremely tolerant where visuals are concerned, even for a (Gamecube x 2), this is GARBAGE.

LiK said:
i'm confused, are you referring to the skits? because all the skits in the 360 one are fully voiced. they have skits for everything you do in the game which i thought was great. i really love them because they do such a great job developing the characters.

Well in Symphonia and Abyss(NA versions at least) the skits weren't voiced and they got rather annoying when I'd trigger seemingly five or so in a row just trying to get from a town to a dungeon.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
LiK said:

Sweet. Something to look forward to when I get the game.

LiK

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Well in Symphonia and Abyss(NA versions at least) the skits weren't voiced and they got rather annoying when I'd trigger seemingly five or so in a row just trying to get from a town to a dungeon.

oh ok, i remember that. it's completely different in ToV. the skits are optional because when they appear, you have to press the Back button on the 360 controller to initiate them. and they're all fully voiced and really well written. lots of funny conversations there. :)

one skit i didn't expect was when i encountered one of those giant monsters (which were really tough), i had to run away and they even had a skit about running froma monster and it was amusing.

xero273

John Harker said:
Well, Richter is more badass.

I hope he's in it though, as much as people hate the "Emil" character, his fighting style is pretty cool. He's so fast and his game is almost entirely aerial, I actually enjoyed fighting as him.

If Tales of Versus is like Dissidia then I would think Emil is in the game. One Villian and One hero for each tales game that's how it worked for Dissidia. Richter was the villian in Dawn of the new world?

WYWY said:
Sorry, but as much as I like to think of myself as being extremely tolerant where visuals are concerned, even for a (Gamecube x 2), this is GARBAGE.

graphics suck, true, but there's a reason it's coming in 2010...

Coxswain

PepsimanVsJoe said:
The unvoiced Symphonia/Abyss skits were a giant chore, but the ones in Vesperia are a really awesome and important part of the game. That's about half and half because the characters are more likeable than in other games, and half because Vesperia's a pretty serious contender for best English voice acting in a JRPG.

LiK

Coxswain said:
The unvoiced Symphonia/Abyss skits were a giant chore, but the ones in Vesperia are a really awesome and important part of the game. That's about half and half because the characters are more likeable than in other games, and half because Vesperia's a pretty serious contender for best English voice acting in a JRPG.

HELL YES.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
xero273 said:
If Tales of Versus is like Dissidia then I would think Emil is in the game. One Villian and One hero for each tales game that's how it worked for Dissidia. Richter was the villian in Dawn of the new world?

Yes he was the "main" villain

Awntawn

LiK said:
Let's see what JRPGs have gone multiplatform this generation:

Enchanted ARMs
Eternal Sonata

No offense to people who actually like these, but for the most part they are games that lose hype after a year of hearing people bitching about how shitty they are.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Aside from the outfit, Graces dude looks a lot like Fragile dude.

Give us Fragile in N.A!!

kenji

WYWY said:
c_l1239039892_0.jpg

c_l1239039892_1.jpg

you should watch the HD trailer.. graphic is way better than these shitty images

Rpgmonkey

Yeah, the moment I knew it wasn't outsourced I got more interested, lol.

cress2000 said:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2niy0i1.jpg[IMG]

...why would they refer to it by the US title? This is all in Japan, right?[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice find. :o

I wonder if this is a sign that VS has a good chance of a localization then, or if it's just an odd mistake.

LiK

Rpgmonkey said:
Yeah, the moment I knew it wasn't outsourced I got more interested, lol.

Wow, nice find. :eek:

I wonder if this is a sign that VS has a good chance of a localization then, or if it's just an odd mistake.

most definitely, gotta ride that Dissidia train, choo choo!

darkwings

Banned
WYWY said:
c_l1239039892_0.jpg

c_l1239039892_1.jpg

they're just some crappy screens. The trailer look much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom