• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 Official GAF bootleg PSN tournament

LowParry

Another battle, another day!

Reminiscence vs hikarutimitt

Set 1: ( 3 - 1 ) Xiaoyu vs Xiaoyu
Set 2: ( 3 - 2 ) Xiaoyu vs Xiaoyu

Reminiscence takes both sets! Girl on girl action couldn't get much better!

I didn't think I'd do that well having not played in almost a year. :lol

GGs, man. Makes me wanna play the game some more, actually. So, between this, the Super ranbats and the super random tourney...

LowParry

hikarutilmitt said:
I didn't think I'd do that well having not played in almost a year. :lol

GGs, man. Makes me wanna play the game some more, actually. So, between this, the Super ranbats and the super random tourney...

I need to get back into Super :(

rowanimox

Neo Member
good fight! even though we only have 1bar you were able to do juggles. my wang cant do fancy stuff, gotta get used to the timing. thanks!

AAK

Nice, thanks for posting guys.... resolute performance Sepiroth but I guess it boils down to Phillipines vs Japan for the Pacific for now.

And in west coast Rem continues her lead. I think DrDogg actually went to the WCG Tekken 6 tournament in Universal Studios Hollywood, and MarkMan is also present there as a commentator. Still wonder what's up with TestMonkey.

Here is the livestream:
http://us.wcg.com/live/
Tune in today from 12:30 - 1:30 for the Tekken 6 Grand Finals. Let's root for our GAF comrade! If he's still in ;)

And I apologize to EastCoast GAF for not getting any of my remaining matches... it's Eid right now and I was crazy busy with work and other festivals I helped organize... If you saw me online a lot, it's all my roomate. Haven't touched the PS3 in forever.

AAK said:
Nice, thanks for posting guys.... resolute performance Sepiroth but I guess it boils down to Phillipines vs Japan for the Pacific for now.
They were too godlike. Even though I've only played two matches, it was fun :). Thanks for hosting AAK.

DrDogg

I'm back now so I can get in my remaining West Coast matches. When are you guys going to be online? I've only fought Dark and CcrooK's wife.

AAK

SephirothRK said:
They were too godlike. Even though I've only played two matches, it was fun :). Thanks for hosting AAK.

It was an honor and pleasure hosting this... and this would have never been possible without you and everyone else's participation. So thanks for playing! :D

And Welcome back DrDogg. Good stuff in the WCG tournament.. you are a sure favorite for this one among GAF. :lol While you were there, did you ever have time to mention to MarkMan about whether or not he can get some matches or any participation for this tournie?

As for Europa GAF: Since the tablet for your pool is still empty, for now I'm going to add all 3 of you guys to my Friend's list and if I ever see you guys online I'll play Tournament matches against as many of you guys as I can until the deadline (September 17). I'll take the liberty of judging that performance of you guys against me, the Tournament Director, as the ranking to determine who advances to Round 2. Cool?

BUT if either of you guys manage to get matches against each other before the deadline, the above program will be neglected, and the outcome of the match between the European GAFer's will take complete priority.

AAK

Awesome games Moonsault, I've never seen some of those Yoshimitsu Shennanigans before! I implore you to play some more in this tournie. I'm sure you can aim for top 3 in this pools!

Bad news though, my camera all of a sudden ran out of memory and I only got the first 2 matches :(

AAK (Armor King, Christie) beats MoonsaultSlayer (Yoshimitsu) 2-1 (3:0,2:3,3:0)

First vid done

2nd vid done <--- This is worth watching!

Time's running out for the matches in my pool (if it hasn't already). I'll try to be online a lot tomorrow during the day. GrayFoxPL if you can, shall we have our match at 13:30? This will be my best timeslot for the weekend. But if you can't make it, I'll try to do so again on Saturday and or Sunday.

Any news from Starfish?

AAK

Deadline will be extended to September 19... I want to see more matches go down.

Use your weekend wisely people ;)

I'd also love for MarkMan to get some involvement in this :)

DrDogg

If no more west coast people play me (despite my efforts), does that mean I finish 2nd even though I'm undefeated? :lol

AAK

.. Going by the rules... yes :(

I went with this format going with the assumption that everyone would get their matches in given the 3 week time slot and the small minority of people that wouldn't be able to get their matches would automatically fall off the radar. But now the order is pretty much skewed due to the magnitude of incomplete matches. I apologize to everyone for not thinking this well enough. I never anticipated it would be so hard to get matches organized despite the relative time zone convenience. Sorry guys...

But at least you still qualify for Top 8 and a chance for the top crown. :)

Have a fun (ironfistful) weekend people ;)

EDIT: As for Round 2... I'm now thinking back on my original decision and contemplating on whether or not we should have a loser's bracket for the Top 8 tournie?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Tournament or not, I'd just like to play some people. I really had a ball playing the two tourney matches and subsequent player matches afterward. This is a game I would like to get more into but it seems to have been almost forgotten about (on consoles) already.

Lyte Edge said:
Tournament or not, I'd just like to play some people. I really had a ball playing the two tourney matches and subsequent player matches afterward. This is a game I would like to get more into but it seems to have been almost forgotten about (on consoles) already.

should we setup a regular GAF night? I'd be down

Lyte Edge

There's already a Tekken GAF PSN chat room that was made. I can invite people to it or someone can make a new one. That's the easiest way to meet up with the people.

Lyte Edge said:
Nobody is ever on playing this. :/

I think the tournament may have been ill-timed. School started and I haven't turned my PS3 on in more than a week. I'm not sure I'm going to have time to organize losses matches against everyone in the pool by....oh, yesterday. :/

rowanimox

Neo Member
it was something like this i think

rowanimox(wang) vs finaika(asuka)
set1 = 3-0
set2 = 3-1
set3 = 3-1

ei finaika, do you remember how many fights we had after that?

AAK

Good stuff rowanimox!

Alright Europa GAF, I'm gonna come online in a about an hour and try to get some matches since today will be the last day, I'll update the OP before I sleep.

So rowanimox did you win all 3 of those matches? You only needed to have 2 matches though :lol

Lyte Edge said:
There's already a Tekken GAF PSN chat room that was made. I can invite people to it or someone can make a new one. That's the easiest way to meet up with the people.
I'm ready for my beatin'

AAK

OP has been updated!

Round 2 can begin. Sorry to all those who still haven't been able to complete all of their allotted matches. The deadline has now passed, and I personally feel that delaying it any further will result in the majority of the contestants present to lose interest. As for Europe I decided it's fairest to let the next highest ranking pool player to become the European champion. And that person is Finaika.

Again though, sorry to everyone for the poor planning. I really shouldn't have started this right in between the beginning of a brand new school term coinciding with the US WCG T6 matches along with PAX and TGS. I still hope and pray the tournament will still be enjoyable and to those who participated found great pleasure visiting this gem of a game again :)

Lyte Edge

WOW A MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O O :O

Lyte Edge Vs. In Effect Mode
----------------------------------

Match 1: Alisa Va. Anna; 3-0 Lyte Egde

Match 2: Same; 3-0 Lyte Edge

LowParry

So let's see here. Lyte Edge vs Reminiscence. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. We'll get ya added here soon Lyte. Not sure when the matches will go down but it should be this week I believe.

AdroitOne

Neo Member
Lyte Edge said:

Whoa, good thing pool play is over or I'll be in 3rd place lol.

AAK

Remember guys, Quartert Finals will be first to win 3 sets. So Best of 5, not best of 3 like in Pools. :)

Sorry Lyte... Pool plays are over :p

And again, just an apology to all European competitors, I still love all you guys, but I felt it's time we advanced.

Lyte Edge said:

I did win once in the first round... :'[

rowanimox

Neo Member
AAK said:
Good stuff rowanimox!

Alright Europa GAF, I'm gonna come online in a about an hour and try to get some matches since today will be the last day, I'll update the OP before I sleep.

So rowanimox did you win all 3 of those matches? You only needed to have 2 matches though :lol

we got swept away by the moment hohoho.

looking forward to more fun fights :D

AAK

[In//Effect-Mode] said:
WAR AAK !!!

Anytime, Anyplace, Bring it on ya!

And one thing guys, please do try to cap your matches if possible :)

And I heard that tinypic is only viewable to people in the US right now, but I'm in Canada and I can view the images in the OP fine for now... is it because they were uploaded from my PC? Is anyone else having trouble viewing the pics and images in the OP?

I haven't found anyone to play with during my log in times. I should have some free time this weekend in Georgia if there are any slots left or anything. If it is too late, I do understand. :p

rowanimox

Neo Member
AAK, i just saw what you did to the first page after the fights. WOW!!! it's like the only thing missing is fighters bio or something hohoho

small heads up. I'll be gone up in Toronto projecting some stuff I programmed onto a building. I'll be back in Miami on the 4th but immediately jumping into setting up an art show I'm curating as well as build a stage set and practice dancing some sets for an cast of characters doing music in miami >_<

I'll be more free after the 9th. lol

Top Bottom