• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 Official GAF bootleg PSN tournament

Lyte Edge bodied me 6 straight rounds with Alisa. It was ugly, I had no answer for anything he did. Alisa and Lili are my worst matchups for sure, but I can tell he knows his stuff.

Lyte Edge (Alisa) beats LiveFromKyoto (Feng) 2-0, (3:0, 3:0)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
LiveFromKyoto said:
Lyte Edge bodied me 6 straight rounds with Alisa. It was ugly, I had no answer for anything he did. Alisa and Lili are my worst matchups for sure, but I can tell he knows his stuff.

Lyte Edge (Alisa) beats LiveFromKyoto (Feng) 2-0, (3:0, 3:0)

GGS man. This was like last night where AAK kicked my ass all over the place. I think fighting him helped me a lot.

Dammit, I was gonna play Metroid but my Wiimote is out of batteries, should have stuck with Tekken.

Anyway, yeah, you've obviously got a couple of characters under your belt. I think you've inspired me to pick up Asuka, the way you play her reminds me of Aoi who I loved in VF.

Love the Marilyn Monroe Anna costume too, that's pretty hot.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I never really found a character I really liked in a Tekken game until TK5 came along and Asuka was introduced. Stopped using her in TK6 but have found myself gravitating back towards using her. I used to like Marduk a lot in Tk4 too but he never seemed the same after that game. I dunno what it is.

AAK

Congrats on your win LE!

Hmm.. I suppose I should PM Rolento & MarkMan... I don't think they know about this thread.

GrayFoxPL

Maastricht said:
@GrayFoxPL, thanks for adding me. I'm ready, or as ready as I'll ever be (actually had a YLOD just last week so on a new Slim now), but I do notice you're generally offline about 4 hours before I start checking (which is usually after 7-8 GMT, when my kid's asleep).

On Friday I have a window of a few hours around 11-13 GMT, and in the weekend I can usually manage most of the time, though this weekend I'll be gone a lot of Sunday (family visits).

Don't worry, we'll clash. If not on Friday then Saturday. We have time. :)

Lyte Edge said:
I never really found a character I really liked in a Tekken game until TK5 came along and Asuka was introduced. Stopped using her in TK6 but have found myself gravitating back towards using her. I used to like Marduk a lot in Tk4 too but he never seemed the same after that game. I dunno what it is.

A lot of characters changed drastically since T4. On the surface they seem the same, but then you see moves were taken out, commands totally changed (Marduk's T4 ff+1 is qcf+1 in T6) and in the end they play differently. I miss T4 Lee and T5 Jin.

Sorry bout my friends list being full. I'll clear it up tonight after work.

I'm down for my beating so if anyone sees me on, just pull me away from whatever I'm playing.

AAK

Alright so InEffectMode and I had our matches. He put up a valiant effort, but I prevailed in the end. :D

AAK (Armor King) beats InEffectMode (Anna) 2-0 (3:0,3:0)

DrDogg

West coast people! When will you be online? I have Final Fantasy XIV... Tekken is now a distant memory, but I need to win this tournament first. :lol

I'll try to play CcrooK's wife tonight (she's usually on every night), but what about you other WC people? I have Saturday and Sunday free but I'll be on FF14 unless someone posts up some times they'll be on.

LowParry

DrDogg said:
West coast people! When will you be online? I have Final Fantasy XIV... Tekken is now a distant memory, but I need to win this tournament first. :lol

I'll try to play CcrooK's wife tonight (she's usually on every night), but what about you other WC people? I have Saturday and Sunday free but I'll be on FF14 unless someone posts up some times they'll be on.

Tonight more than likely, yes. Just give her a buzz when you're ready.

AAK

Ahhh good ol' FFXIV... biting away at your Tekken skills one random battle after the other. Surely by round 2 You'll be easy prey! >)

But common West Coast/Pacific/Europeans! Get crackin!

And I guess MarkMan has a million unread PM's so I suppose mine are just lost in the pack. He's probably in PAX right now so I doubt he'll be getting any matches underway soon.

LowParry

Got JEKKI playing. Will post results soon.

Man, that was some good shit.

Results!

Reminiscence vs JEKKI

3-0/1-3/3-2

Reminiscence is the winner (sorta)!

Last round was clutch! Having lost the second set in shame, Rem switched up to Lili and pulls a last second hitter to take the win of the third set. Good games!

JEKKI

GG!

mistakes man... I make em coz I lack experience lol.

but now I enter my next match with more XP!

LowParry

JEKKI said:
GG!

mistakes man... I make em coz I lack experience lol.

but now I enter my next match with more XP!

I think after your first set, you adapted pretty well. If she didn't switch her character, I'm pretty sure she'd of lost that third set.

DrDogg

It seems I missed CcrooK's better half by about 30 minutes and Jekki by about 90 minutes. I'll stay on for a little bit to see if anyone logs back in, then I'm off to Final Fantasy.

LowParry

DrDogg said:
It seems I missed CcrooK's better half by about 30 minutes and Jekki by about 90 minutes. I'll stay on for a little bit to see if anyone logs back in, then I'm off to Final Fantasy.

She's gonna be on in about 30 mins or less. Had family over.

Edit:

Ahh, looks like the fight is going down. Results soon!

Reminiscence was seriously injured but the soul still burns.

0-3/1-3

DrDogg takes it!

DrDogg

Good matches! There were some close rounds in that last match. I fear Lili online (and offline). Too much damage off that low sweep! :lol

LowParry

DrDogg said:
Good matches! There were some close rounds in that last match. I fear Lili online (and offline). Too much damage off that low sweep! :lol

This is true. It's one of Lili's stables the wife likes to use as you saw.

DrDogg

Good casuals as well. I have to play differently online because I can't block those lows. People usually get mad because I turtle up.

LowParry

DrDogg said:
Good casuals as well. I have to play differently online because I can't block those lows. People usually get mad because I turtle up.

S'all good. She's developed her sort of own style of playing online. More side steps involved. I have that same issue online with blocking low.

AAK

Yaaay! West Coast bringing the heat!

Thanks CcrooK for having the right format for posting the results! You just forgot to mention all of the players used. Who used which character in all the matches!

Will update the OP once I get that info.

As for capping matches, I guess I could use my digital camera for my matches. Just for YOU Rolento!

GrayFoxPL

So, Maastricht will you be online today during day?

Starfish didn't log online for 2 days, don't know if he forgot about the tournament.

I'm online now. PSN of course.

AdroitOne

Neo Member
Alright, I can get a few matches in for today. If you are on the East Coast, let me know and then I'll hop on. I'm playing for second (AAK has already ran away with it :D)

LowParry

AAK said:
Yaaay! West Coast bringing the heat!

Thanks CcrooK for having the right format for posting the results! You just forgot to mention all of the players used. Who used which character in all the matches!

Will update the OP once I get that info.

As for capping matches, I guess I could use my digital camera for my matches. Just for YOU Rolento!

Rem vs Jekki: Set 1 - Xiaoyu vs Xiaoyu (3-0), Set 2 - Xiaoyu vs Xiaoyu (1-3), Set 3 - Lili vs Xiaoyu (3-2)

Rem vs DrDogg: Set 1 - Xiaoyu vs Feng (0-3), Set 2 - Lili vs Feng (1-3)

GrayFoxPL said:
So, Maastricht will you be online today during day?

Starfish didn't log online for 2 days, don't know if he forgot about the tournament.

I'm online now. PSN of course.

I can play from about 9PM tonight, thatś GMT 19:00 I think. I may be able to sneak in a game earlier, but it could be tough. If you're in a different timezone then I could do it tomorrow morning early. Otherwise it will be 24 hours later at the soonest, because a big part of tomorrow Iĺl be with relatives.

GrayFoxPL

Maastricht said:
I can play from about 9PM tonight, thatś GMT 19:00 I think. I may be able to sneak in a game earlier, but it could be tough. If you're in a different timezone then I could do it tomorrow morning early. Otherwise it will be 24 hours later at the soonest, because a big part of tomorrow Iĺl be with relatives.

Hmm.
When you posted that at weekend you can manage most of the time I understood that you'll be on during day. I was waiting for over 7 hours today. I didn't see you at that window you said on friday either. Maybe wrong time?

I'm GMT+2 time. I can only play between 9.00 and 17.00 GMT. I cannot jump in and out, I'm either playing or away from console. 1 session per day. Can last up to 7-8 hours.

Tommorrow I'll be having relatives all day too, so also cannot play. Even if I show up online it won't be me, but my 4 year old nephew for 99%

I'm starting to get a feeling this will never work. Starfish didn't log in for 3 days now. Great.

DrDogg

CcrooK said:
S'all good. She's developed her sort of own style of playing online. More side steps involved. I have that same issue online with blocking low.

Lili has the best side step in the game, so that works. Normally you'd have to at least be fearful of homing moves, but I'm not willing to get close enough to use them... especially since her db+4 goes under half of them anyway. :lol

JEKKI: When can you play this weekend? I'll either be working or on FF14, but if you give me a window I can be on. Although I'll be out Sunday evening.

That goes for any other west coast players. I know MarkMan is at PAX but I'd like to get the other games completed if I can.

AAK

My anti-Lili stratey: Hopkick all day long! But Amor King also has his 3+4 which has awesome range and crushes her db+4 :D.

And I'm gonna PM Starfish, I guess he doesn't know about the tournie either.

LowParry

DrDogg said:
Lili has the best side step in the game, so that works. Normally you'd have to at least be fearful of homing moves, but I'm not willing to get close enough to use them... especially since her db+4 goes under half of them anyway. :lol

The one very big thing I've been trying to get her to do is with her side steps, push for a launcher instead of a grab. It's really a muscle memory thing so trying to get her out of that habit is a tough. If she can accomplish that, I see some leveling up hardcore.

Another sad fact is she doesn't play the poke game with Xiaoyu. I watched your match and that's the way it should be done.

DrDogg

Well online is very different than offline, as we all know. So it really depends on what her focus is. If she wants to be good online, what she's doing is fine. It probably works better than offline strategies.

If she's getting side and back throws after stepping, that's probably better than an off-axis juggle. Plus, Lili has really good oki, so it works out.

The same goes for Ling. I don't use ss+3 because everyone blocks it offline. But online you can pretty much spam that and it'll hit 90% of the time. So if you want to win online it's Ling's go to move. It works much better than poking, as you saw when my Ling lost to her Lili in the last match.

LowParry

Sadly there isn't much offline Tekken here. I'm not even sure what the SF community is up to. We had some head out to EVO the last couple of years but I haven't looked into it since. Online is our only choice with mutiplayer. Hopefully Tekken 7 turns out a good online component.

GrayFoxPL said:
Hmm.
When you posted that at weekend you can manage most of the time I understood that you'll be on during day. I was waiting for over 7 hours today. I didn't see you at that window you said on friday either. Maybe wrong time?

I'm GMT+2 time. I can only play between 9.00 and 17.00 GMT. I cannot jump in and out, I'm either playing or away from console. 1 session per day. Can last up to 7-8 hours.

Tommorrow I'll be having relatives all day too, so also cannot play. Even if I show up online it won't be me, but my 4 year old nephew for 99%

I'm starting to get a feeling this will never work. Starfish didn't log in for 3 days now. Great.

When I give times that I can play, that doesn't mean I'll be online. Just give me a specific time, or I can give you one. if you can play tomorrow at 9, I'll be there.

GrayFoxPL

Maastricht said:
When I give times that I can play, that doesn't mean I'll be online. Just give me a specific time, or I can give you one. if you can play tomorrow at 9, I'll be there.

Tomorrow I can't.

AAK

Let's take it easy guys, There's still a good 2 weeks for the 3 matches in your pool. :)

And yes, if sometimes I'm online and I don't reply to you guys, please forgive me... it's probably my roommate who is on the PS3 at the time.

AdroitOne said:
Alright, I can get a few matches in for today. If you are on the East Coast, let me know and then I'll hop on. I'm playing for second (AAK has already ran away with it :D)

I might be on tonight after building some stuff, so I'll post if I'm on playing scott pilgrim or something.

AAK

Rolento, I'll be online in about an hour. 10:30 EST I'll send u a fight request (since your friend's list is still full). I usually have 3 practice/casual matches before the actual tournie match. Cool?

Send me a PSN message if you're online before that.

AAK said:
Rolento, I'll be online in about an hour. 10:30 EST I'll send u a fight request (since your friend's list is still full). I usually have 3 practice/casual matches before the actual tournie match. Cool?

Send me a PSN message if you're online before that.

I'm going to be online just listening to music since I have to cut boxes so just hit me up with a message. I'm down for pre-match casuals.

I'll be sure to be on at 10:30 though.

GGS AAK

I losies >_<

I honestly need to work alot on both my offense and defense, but mainly my defense... doing alot of stupid wake ups and bad priority choices on my part lol

AAK said:
GG's

And I capped a few games. I'll upload them soon.

:lol now I wished I had played better

well, at least thats more motivation for me to get good. I still need find people to play in my area to improve... then again, i need a car >_<

AAK

Really disregard that last set we had.... Lag just came out of nowhere.

But you can try this:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=113870

And add people within your area (but you have way tooo many friends) That way lag is a little better... But yeah, offline play is optimal.

I only captured 2 casuals w/ the lag fest tournament match we had after. :lol

EDIT: Crap, stupid camera... a 2 and half minute video takes around 260 MB.... :(

Uploading them won't be friendly LOL

AAK said:
Really disregard that last set we had.... Lag just came out of nowhere.

But you can try this:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=113870

And add people within your area (but you have way tooo many friends) That way lag is a little better... But yeah, offline play is optimal.

I only captured 2 casuals w/ the lag fest tournament match we had after. :lol

Yeah, I use to post on zaibatsu alot but fell out once college demands rose up. I graduated a few months ago so I have the time now. I miss being part of the scene...

My friendslist is filled with people I actually know but I need to sit down and filter through it thought... >_<

and yeah, that lag match was total BS since it ran so smooth pretty much mostly the other games.

For uploading movies it is usually a good idea to pre-process them with something like movie maker, saving them with a higher compression rate/lower resolution and then uploading. Can save you a lot of time and grief!

AAK

Maastricht said:
For uploading movies it is usually a good idea to pre-process them with something like movie maker, saving them with a higher compression rate/lower resolution and then uploading. Can save you a lot of time and grief!

You sir are a scholar... I will take this into account for future uploading endeavours. It will save time and bandwidth!

Relentless Rolento vs AAK Casuals 1, Casuals 2

Relentless Rolento vs AAK Tournament (Lagfest) Match

And I think the reason it started lagging significantly at that moment was because my roommate aggressively started downloading rapidshare files slaughtering the bandwidth causing it to happen. I was getting lag for the rest of the night. I put in SSFIV just to double check and it was the same case. Regardless...

AAK (Armor King) beats RelentlessRolento (Dragonuv, Bryan) 2-0 (3:0,3:1)

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:
You sir are a scholar... I will take this into account for future uploading endeavours. It will save time and bandwidth!

Relentless Rolento vs AAK Casuals 1, Casuals 2

Relentless Rolento vs AAK Tournament (Lagfest) Match

And I think the reason it started lagging significantly at that moment was because my roommate aggressively started downloading rapidshare files slaughtering the bandwidth causing it to happen. I was getting lag for the rest of the night. I put in SSFIV just to double check and it was the same case. Regardless...

AAK (Armor King) beats RelentlessRolento (Dragonuv, Bryan) 2-0 (3:0,3:1)

Fuckin' giant swing. ;)

Don't worry Rolento, if AAK didn't hit the lag switch you would've won!

I kid. Close matches you guys. Nice watch.

Top Bottom