• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 coming to PS4 and Xbox One

Freiya

This isn't true. Ultra Street Fighter has sold over 700,000 copies according to SteamSpy. Mortal Kombat (2009) sold over 950,000 copies for a 2 yr old port. Also, the formally busted but now somewhat decent MK X port has sold close to 400,000 copies. Injustice sold over 650,000 copies. Fighting games do sell on PC. However, there communities aren't as big as they are on consoles.

However, the crossplay with PS4 for SFV is very promising for keeping the community going on PC.

Yes! That is the prime reason I preordered sfv on the pc. Cross play should be staple in all fighting games.

n051de

LGsiLbR.gif

Seriously, I'm so sick of this already.

Gnilres

Fucking yes! I used to be super into the Tekken story but I lost interest at 5. Hopefully this one will have the gameplay to back it up too

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Seriously, I'm so sick of this already.

honestly the situation isn't going to get any better. I'd even say as the gap between user bases continues to grow, it'll become even more economical for Sony to buy exclusive content with relatively fewer users affected. Not a fan of exclusive content on any system... but obviously this is the "new exclusive" this gen.. and little indication of it dying down.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WHERE THE FUCK IS LEE CHAOLAN?

Played the shit out of this game in the arcades in Japan, loved it - but couldn't stand the fact that Lee wasn't playable.

OmegaDL50

How would this even work in a competitive fighting game that is not designed to be played in the first person?

Outside of some theater mode with a virtual screen inside the VR itself, but then wouldn't that be defeating the point and might as well play on a real TV anyways.

CamHostage

Wait, did they actually say Xbox One at the Sony Conference of Paris Games Week? No, not that I remember, did they?

Not that I would be surprised if it came to Xbox One or any other platform (except Vita... that would be a surprise,) but I think the report was wrong if the Paris show was what we're sourcing and not a Namco Bandai press statement? They specifically said "VR", and PS4 of course, does anybody have confirmation of Xbox yet?

EDIT = Thanks jbug617. Unless they pluralized "consoles" but meant "PS4 and Nintendo NX", it's pretty much got to be PS & Xbox.

I was just about to update this post with Namco Bandai's press release, which kinda confirmed Xbox but kinda did not, so I was still confused what's been made official, and still am a bit, but I assume it's just a timing matter...

Press Release:
BLOOD WILL BE DRAWN AND BONES SPLINTERED AS
BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC. ANNOUNCES
TEKKEN 7 FOR HOME SYSTEMS

Following a Blockbuster Arcade Debut, the King of Fighting Games Returns with Enhanced Graphics, New Storyline Elements, and Hard-Hitting Martial Arts Fighting Action

SAN JOSE, Calif., (October 27, 2015) – Leading interactive entertainment media publisher and developer BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. today announces TEKKEN 7 for home systems. With the TEKKEN franchise celebrating its 20th anniversary; the newest chapter of the series returns to its gameplay roots with classic 1 vs 1 bouts and its canon storyline centered on the eternal struggle for power amongst the members of the Mishima clan. With newcomer Kazumi Mishima joining the fight, the epic battle between father and son, and also husband and wife, will come to its fated conclusion in TEKKEN 7.

TEKKEN 7 is currently in development at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.’s Tokyo, Japan studio under the leadership of franchise director, Katsuhiro Harada. Powered by Unreal Engine 4, TEKKEN 7 sets a new standard in graphics quality for the series, featuring highly detailed characters and dynamic environments. In its first appearance on home systems, TEKKEN 7 will feature numerous modes and enhancements beyond its arcade counterpart, including an in-depth story mode that lets players fully experience the canon storyline. Players will also be able to check out new fighters Kazumi Mishima, Claudio, Josie, Shaheen, Katarina, Lucky Chloe, Gigas, and more for the first time outside of the arcade.

“The TEKKEN series is not only a cornerstone series in BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.’s illustrious line-up of game franchises; it has also been a foundational game in the fighting game tournament community for over two decades.” said Eric Hartness, Vice President of Marketing at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. “TEKKEN 7 promises to deliver an uncompromising fighting game experience that will deliver groundbreaking graphics, animation, and tournament style gameplay. Fighting game tournament players should be on notice as we’re setting our sights on lighting up the tournament scene with the hardest hitting TEKKEN game ever.”

Currently rated “RP” for Rating Pending by the ESRB, TEKKEN 7 will be available in North America, Latin America, and Brazil for home systems.

For more information about everything in the TEKKEN universe, please visit: http://us.tekken.com/#!/en/home. To learn more about BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.’s other products and services go to: http://www.bandainamcoent.com/home.html. Join the conversation and follow us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.

Omega

Banned
i'm actually surprised its on xb1.

T6 was basically dead on 360 from the get go, I assume the same with TTT2.

Xpliskin

Seriously ?

We already knew this .

At least give us a season to expect a release or what features exactly will be new ... .

What an underwhelming announcement.

Wasn't Tekken 6 basically DOA when it came out with that horrible netcode? I don't see why any third party title would be exclusive these days to be honest. Plus it was on the UE4 sizzle reel last year too.
getting really close to buying a PS4 for SFV tho

jbug617

Banned
Wait, did they actually say Xbox One at the Sony Conference of Paris Games Week? No, not that I remember, did they?

Not that I would be surprised if it came to Xbox One or any other platform (except Vita... that would be a surprise,) but I think the report was wrong if the Paris show was what we're sourcing and not a Namco Bandai press statement? They specifically said "VR", and PS4 of course, does anybody have confirmation of Xbox yet?

Youtube Trailer for Bandai Namco has this
Tekken 7 was announced for Home Consoles at Paris Games Week! Stay tuned to the official Tekken website and Facebook page for updates in the coming months:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFtZ9-luuLo

eFKac

Yay PC port begging!

Not sure how to feel about this, I'm not huge on fighting games but always had a Tekken for the local matches, didn't like 6 at all though.

Maybe I'll get SF this time, really enjoyed what I played of it, doesn't seem very hard to get in which is important for a casual like me.

Interested what the VR mode will be.

Psyren

So the hubbub about PC possibly getting it isn't going to happen. Pity about that...

I've pretty much committed myself to skipping this console gen altogether, so i guess it's one game i won't get to play.

TTT2 is still pretty active on 360, I still play it to this day. Tekken 6 did die off early though.
WHERE THE FUCK IS LEE CHAOLAN?

Played the shit out of this game in the arcades in Japan, loved it - but couldn't stand the fact that Lee wasn't playable.

i`m sure that he`ll make it in. he is technically a Mishima after all, and this game seems to be focusing on them more than ever.

Nzyme32

So the hubbub about PC possibly getting it isn't going to happen. Pity about that...

I've pretty much committed myself to skipping this console gen altogether, so i guess it's one game i won't get to play.

Same, I'd buy it if it was on PC, but SFV will have to do. Kind of a shame particularly when it's UE4 making a PC port trivial. Still a chance it happens later though. Used to like the old Tekken games. Haven't kept up with the most recent ones

Dragun619

I mean, I don't think it's gonna be that bad anyways. Or at least enough to sway those away from the XB1 version.

It'll probably be like the same shit they did for the Wii U version, and have a ton of PlayStation customize items like hats, costumes, and shit.

Playstation VR support might be something tho.

Son Of D

Wonder what the PS exclusive content will be? Seeing that Tekken and PS share anniversaries it could just be PS themed costumes or customisations. Like the Nintendo costumes Tekken Tag 2 got for the Wii U edition.

Shredderi

Coming to consoles? Biggest surprise of the event. Was also a good call for them to not show any actual fighting in a trailer for a fighting game. I myself am playing these for the stories.

SgtCobra

The PC port begging in this thread is not even subtle, of course it will come to that platform sooner or later, jeeeeez

Top Bottom