• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 coming to PS4 and Xbox One

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hopefully it comes out in 2016.
I don't own a current-gen console so I'm hoping a PC version gets announced.

BasilZero

Excellent but no PC ver? Why u do dis Namco ;(

I'll be getting it for PS4 since i'm impatient when it comes to Tekken XD.

Rajang

Tekken VR

L6TKeH4.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That is really shortsighted.

All third party developers need to get on with the PC gaming revolution.

I really wish people would stop highjacking threads with this port begging bullshit.

If you want a PC port, go spam Harada's twitter feed about it. This aint the thread.

jbug617

Banned
Here is the PR
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...-announced-for-consoles-ps4-vers-to-have.html

Namco's Press Release:

BLOOD WILL BE DRAWN AND BONES SPLINTERED AS
BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC. ANNOUNCES
TEKKEN 7 FOR HOME SYSTEMS

Following a Blockbuster Arcade Debut, the King of Fighting Games Returns with Enhanced Graphics, New Storyline Elements, and Hard-Hitting Martial Arts Fighting Action

SAN JOSE, Calif., (October 27, 2015) – Leading interactive entertainment media publisher and developer BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. today announces TEKKEN 7 for home systems. With the TEKKEN franchise celebrating its 20th anniversary; the newest chapter of the series returns to its gameplay roots with classic 1 vs 1 bouts and its canon storyline centered on the eternal struggle for power amongst the members of the Mishima clan. With newcomer Kazumi Mishima joining the fight, the epic battle between father and son, and also husband and wife, will come to its fated conclusion in TEKKEN 7.

TEKKEN 7 is currently in development at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.’s Tokyo, Japan studio under the leadership of franchise director, Katsuhiro Harada. Powered by Unreal Engine 4, TEKKEN 7 sets a new standard in graphics quality for the series, featuring highly detailed characters and dynamic environments. In its first appearance on home systems, TEKKEN 7 will feature numerous modes and enhancements beyond its arcade counterpart, including an in-depth story mode that lets players fully experience the canon storyline. Players will also be able to check out new fighters Kazumi Mishima, Claudio, Josie, Shaheen, Katarina, Lucky Chloe, Gigas, and more for the first time outside of the arcade.

“The TEKKEN series is not only a cornerstone series in BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.’s illustrious line-up of game franchises; it has also been a foundational game in the fighting game tournament community for over two decades.” said Eric Hartness, Vice President of Marketing at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. “TEKKEN 7 promises to deliver an uncompromising fighting game experience that will deliver groundbreaking graphics, animation, and tournament style gameplay. Fighting game tournament players should be on notice as we’re setting our sights on lighting up the tournament scene with the hardest hitting TEKKEN game ever.”

Currently rated “RP” for Rating Pending by the ESRB, TEKKEN 7 will be available in North America, Latin America, and Brazil for home systems.

For more information about everything in the TEKKEN universe, please visit: http://us.tekken.com/#!/en/home. To learn more about BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.’s other products and services go to: http://www.bandainamcoent.com/home.html. Join the conversation and follow us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.

Here is their twitter

@BandaiNamcoUS: Tekken 7 is coming to Home Consoles - Check out the new trailer: http://bit.ly/1RdhhPd |
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/659082414732369920

CSX

if its only gonna be consoles, i hope we get a korean company to make a lag free ps2 to ps4 controller converter. I still can only play tekken on my decade old DS2 :p

if its only gonna be consoles, i hope we get a korean company to make a lag free ps2 to ps4 controller converter. I still can only play tekken on my decade old DS2 :p

you know what, you're in luck. there is a lag free ps2 to ps4 controller converter. check out the brooks ps2 to ps4 converter.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I wonder if that story mode goes through the entire series MK9 style but from the Mishima's perspective.

I wonder if this is Tekken 7 we're talking about

Can't wait �� is Eddie Gordo in there?

Not yet. Roster is still missing a bunch of classics. Coming from Tekken 6, there's no Lei, no Lee, no Capos, no Bears, no Mokujin, no Chang, no Ganryu, no Nina or Anna, no Baek, no Bruce, no Marduk, no Armor King, no Roger Jr., no Miguel, no Bob, and no Zafina. That's 16 characters (+ 2 clones & 1 mimic) that are teetering on the edge of being cut.

Cool but I'm more interested in what will happen in the update. That trailer has a good vibe to it for marketing the game it just needs more new footage.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I want Tekken on PC. I want VF on PC. I want Soul Calibur on PC. Only DoA is on PC ;___;

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
I wonder if this is Tekken 7 we're talking about

Not yet. Roster is still missing a bunch of classics. Coming from Tekken 6, there's no Lei, no Lee, no Capos, no Bears, no Mokujin, no Chang, no Ganryu, no Nina or Anna, no Baek, no Bruce, no Marduk, no Armor King, no Roger Jr., no Miguel, no Bob, and no Zafina. That's 16 characters (+ 2 clones & 1 mimic) that are teetering on the edge of being cut.
Damn that sucks i love Tekken but am a button masher got no skills at all lol

Creaking

Damn that sucks i love Tekken but am a button masher got no skills at all lol

It's never too late to learn! Learning the basics of Tekken enriches the gameplay a thousandfold. Even when you aren't that great, like me.

That's about as helpful as calling arcade boards Megadrive/Genesis architecture, just because 68k.
tekken in the arcades usually runs on playstation shit, and therefore was one palpable reason why tekken's always been on playstation. but since tekken 7 is running on a PC, it's weird that an announcement for home version for it has been cloudy.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
tekken in the arcades usually runs on playstation shit, and therefore was one palpable reason why tekken's always been on playstation. but since tekken 7 is running on a PC, it's weird that an announcement for home version for it has been cloudy.

Its never been cloudy, we knew they were going to announced a T7 console version. T6 wasnt announced for consoles until 2009, it was out for atleast 2 or 3 years before that. Its not new.

Its never been cloudy, we knew they were going to announced a T7 console version. T6 wasnt announced for consoles until 2009, it was out for atleast 2 or 3 years before that. Its not new.
I meant a home PC version, sorry.

btw, T6 was announced for Ps3 back when it was announced in the first place, but it wasn't until 2008 that it got a release date & announced multi-platform simultaneously. it released in 2009.

Renekton

We are not developers though. We don't know if getting it to work on a variety of windows PCs is more effort than straight porting to 2 fixed systems.

Creaking

We are not developers though. We don't know if getting it to work on a variety of windows PCs is more effort than straight porting to 2 fixed systems.

But I thought the triangle block just plugs into the triangle-shaped hole?

I guess. we'll see. if it's just Ps4 & xbone then there's not really any chance of crossplay. not that it's been a promised thing or anything but I feel like it's possible. sf5 has a chance of being successful.

Hadn't been following T7 in a while...still no Lei?? It ain't Tekken without Lei, or Williams/Chang for that matter. Surely they'll be adding all the classics for home release; I think western sales would suffer otherwise.

Top Bottom