• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, Akuma/Gouki announced as playable character

Well Jun is going to come back most likely. She has to come back for the final Mishima storyline. This will in turn probably bring the focus back onto Jin and Kazuya. I think Heihachi will probably get killed cause he's really the start of everything. Who knows what'll happen to Kazuya...

i expect Jin and Xiao to hook up by the end and the next game will be a timeskip with their kid or something like that apart of the roster
i have been waiting literally over a decade for that to happen.

Well Jun is going to come back most likely. She has to come back for the final Mishima storyline. This will in turn probably bring the focus back onto Jin and Kazuya. I think Heihachi will probably get killed cause he's really the start of everything. Who knows what'll happen to Kazuya...

i expect Jin and Xiao to hook up by the end and the next game will be a timeskip with their kid or something like that apart of the roster

I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.

Kaz is the wild card - he's been depicted as a hero, villain and everything inbetween. You could easily see him dying alongside his father, ending the cycle of hatred and finally putting the family feud to an end.

But perhaps he will find redemption. Jun (presuming she comes back) is sure to have an enormous impact on Jin but maybe her appearance marks a significant moment in Kaz' life too.

However, the way this trailer ends, it's almost implying he's too far gone now (whilst also painting him as somewhat of a tragic character I suppose).

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Kaz is the wild card - he's been depicted as a hero, villain and everything inbetween. You could easily see him dying alongside his father, ending the cycle of hatred and finally putting the family feud to an end.

But perhaps he will find redemption. Jun (presuming she comes back) is sure to have an enormous impact on Jin but maybe her appearance marks a significant moment in Kaz' life too.

However, the way this trailer ends, it's almost implying he's too far gone now (whilst also painting as somewhat of a tragic character I suppose).

Kazumi thought that the Devil gene she passed onto Kazuya, that he awakened at the bottom of that ravine would in the end consume him most likely.

She thought the same way Jin thinks, that the Devil gene has to be destroyed for the world to have peace.

But as we know, Kazuya does have some light in him. In T5 he remembered the good times with his grand father, training and such, before putting him out of his misery.

I think Kazuya does have a chance to be 'redeemed' in some way.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Wow, it looks amazing! I don't want vanilla Tekken 7 on my PS4, I want this one!

This is the one we'll be getting, don't worry. They said that when Tekken 7 hits PS4, it'll be the most complete edition of the game available.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I would be legit shocked if she didn't. She's too damn important and we honestly have yet to see her have an interaction with Kazuya within a canon game.

Doomshine

Angel is Kazuya's good side. That is something that he has apparently.

a7A2vcL.jpg

AmyS

I haven't been this hyped for a Tekken console release since just prior to the Japanese release of Tekken 3 on PlayStation in early 1998, which I ended up importing instead of spending a lot more money.

Does anyone remember those journal entries of National Console Support (NCSX.com) in the late 90s?

This is what got me hyped for Tekken 3, and also made me consider investing in the PCB, an RGB monitor and arcade sticks. Almost did that because of this.

QLZC9B0.png

https://web.archive.org/web/20090109140606/http://www.ncsx.com/www/ncs0202/jrnl0206.htm

Edit: Thankfully, I didn't have to buy the PCB and complete arcade setup, cause later:
Arcade History mode in Tekken 5 on PS2!

DEATH™

While you guys are hyped, just a friendly reminded to support Tekken Tag 2 if you haven't yet already... Awesome Tekken game!

slothbeing

Neo Member
DEATH™;189109523 said:
While you guys are hyped, just a friendly reminded to support Tekken Tag 2 if you haven't yet already... Awesome Tekken game!

Agreed. Still play it every week with my friends :D

AllenShrz

DEATH™;189109523 said:

But if you really want to support, take a flight to Japan and play T7, 100Yen a pop
And get rekt in the process

DEATH™;189109523 said:
No offense, but people (or just I) are (am) hyped because this ISN'T Tekken Tag 2.

I get that it may be a good game underneath everything, but it's quite stale in the aesthetics department and its "dream team roster" didn't have quite the same hook as the original TTT because they've been adding more and more of the classic roster since Tekken 5 after abandoning the script.

When 7 was revealed/released, it reminded me of just another vanilla Tekken 6 with a Soul Calibur V vibe (abandon classic characters, add new ones to replace them, Claudio etc). Not my cup of tea.

But this not only looks great and adds new aesthetics and character looks, it introduces a story element and rekindles some flames of reading old videogame magazines and reading about various fighting games' lore.

DEATH™

No offense, but people (or just I) are (am) hyped because this ISN'T Tekken Tag 2.

I get that it may be a good game underneath everything, but it's quite stale in the aesthetics department and its "dream team roster" didn't have quite the same hook as the original TTT because they've been adding more and more of the classic roster since Tekken 5 after abandoning the script.

When 7 was revealed/released, it reminded me of just another vanilla Tekken 6 with a Soul Calibur V vibe (abandon classic characters, add new ones to replace them, Claudio etc). Not my cup of tea.

But this not only looks great and adds new aesthetics and character looks, it introduces a story element and rekindles some flames of reading old videogame magazines and reading about various fighting games' lore.

Dude sorry but dont take this personally. Everybody knows around here how you hate Tekken 5-Tag 2 aesthetics. BUT THAT DOESNT STOP IT BEING A DARN GOOD GAME. Yes we know aesthetics is good and all, but darn if Tag 2 aint fun to play. I dont even think T7 will completely eat up Tag 2 for how replayable it is. (And assuming that many characters wont make it, this game will still hold up).

Seriously. Some people around here who didnt end up having a chance playing Tag 2 should try it. I know people around me tried it and they freaking love it. Please dont make it sound like its a horrible game because the aesthetics didnt please you.

Piers

However, the way this trailer ends, it's almost implying he's too far gone now (whilst also painting him as somewhat of a tragic character I suppose).

I know the OP already mentioned it as such, but is there any confirmation that Akuma's involvement n the story is official and not some "What if" scenario? It seems a little too bizarre that Akuma just pops up in Tekken world.
The similarity to his evil aura and devil gene is very fitting though.

Who would make a good PS guest character? Someone that would fit the over the top anime-esque style of Tekken. I think Kat would actually be a solid choice.
definitely nathan drake, in my opinion. the most de facto playstation mascot at the moment and he's macho.

and if we're talking 3rd party mascots, kazuma kiryu.

AAK

So how do we want to see the Mishima Saga come to a close?

Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Kazumi, and Jun beat the retardedness out of Lucky Chloe which finally allows her to speak, dress, and behave like a sane human being. And it's delivered in such a fashion in which that portion of Japan are inspired to drop their ridiculous obsession for young girls to act stupid or mentally challenged while wearing some completely fetishized outfits.

mbpm1

I know the OP already mentioned it as such, but is there any confirmation that Akuma's involvement n the story is official and not some "What if" scenario? It seems a little too bizarre that Akuma just pops up in Tekken world.
The similarity to his evil aura and devil gene is very fitting though.

If it's a what if they're going kinda in there for him. I mean he's apparently supposed to play a part in ending the most important families in the Tekken-verse.

DEATH™;189118187 said:
Dude sorry but dont take this personally. Everybody knows around here how you hate Tekken 5-Tag 2 aesthetics. BUT THAT DOESNT STOP IT BEING A DARN GOOD GAME. Yes we know aesthetics is good and all, but darn if Tag 2 aint fun to play. I dont even think T7 will completely eat up Tag 2 for how replayable it is. (And assuming that many characters wont make it, this game will still hold up).

Seriously. Some people around here who didnt end up having a chance playing Tag 2 should try it. I know people around me tried it and they freaking love it. Please dont make it sound like its a horrible game because the aesthetics didnt please you.

The start of my second paragraph is me saying "Sure, it may be a good game but...". I'm speaking of the casual crowd who have shared my views which explains why they may have not bothered with it in the first place. Yes, hype for a new game will make someone find the next best entry to sate their interest and you were kindly pointing people towards TT2. I was just countering with why it was overlooked, not telling people they should overlook it. I want Tekken to be successful.

Edit: for the record, I loved T5's aesthetics. It harkened back to 3 but with a new twist. When it became the norm for every entry going forward these past 12 years, I had an issue.

Sulik2

Is it going to have crazy CG ending scenes for all the characters? Thats really my only interest in Tekken at this point.

Rajang

c4ryx9k.png

DZpiGld.png

The funny thing is, according to Michael Murray the whole Akuma project was called "The Tokido Project" internally. But they later changed it to Mister X because they were scared some people would catch on.

That's cute

Where did he say that?

During the stream where the revealed it... there's also like a 10 minute sketch with Ono, Ayano, and some well known players and cosplayers that's worth going back and watching the twitch archive. It's twitch.tv/tekken

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I'd like to see Unknown/Jun from Tag 1 & 2 actually become canon in Tekken 7. Much better villain than some of the mainline entries have given us.

Neoxon

Would the kid take after Jin, Xiaoyu, or both?

Yeah the little black and white cats...

... I know the Gravity Rush girl. I'm just saying if Cole was the SFxT Sony rep... maybe Delsin should be the TxSF rep.
i see what you're saying but they don't need to add in another infamous character. most of the fighters in tekken don't have superpowers or supernatural abilities. gimme nathan drake yo.

i see what you're saying but they don't need to add in another infamous character. most of the fighters in tekken don't have superpowers or supernatural abilities. gimme nathan drake yo.

Well none of the Tekken crew fights with guns either... there's really no Sony reps that are a perfect fit for the series. Unless Naughty Dog got back the rights to Way of the Warrior or something...

It's all pointless speculation anyway... it's not going to happen. Reminds me of how many people were convinced that Naruto or Kakashi were going to be in Tag 2 because Lars showed up in one of the Narutimate games.

So how do we want to see the Mishima Saga come to a close?

This isn't going to be the end everyone thinks where someone/everyone dies, I bet.

Akuma and Heihachi will face off on a gloomy, grim dark stage. Jin and Kaz show up to help Hei but this triggers Evil Ryu and Violent Ken to show up and an epic battle ensues. Kazumi, tired of all this shit comes out of nowhere and ends it with a bang. The weather has cleared, birds are chirping while the warriors come to in a normal state, shake their noggins, pound their gloves, smirk, and charge each other again. *Boom* ...to be continued in Tekken X Street Fighter.

Top Bottom