• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Rajang

b+1+2 is your best easy punish tool. b+1 is your fastest interrupt tool.

ws+3, SS+4, qcf,3, uf+4, f+3,4 are all launchers. qcf,3 can also be mixed up with qcf,1 for sneaky low hits.

from there do a simple df+1,1, f+1+2, f+3,4, b+1+2 for around 70 damage.

?

Tekken cosplay is fun

fHroWi5.jpg

lol nice.

I used to do a similar customization with Feng in TTT2. Looked a lot Yun because of his ponytail.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is this game in any way newbie friendly? For a fighting game and an entry into the series?

E: And if so, PS4 (non-pro) vs PC (running a 970)?

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Just got this, and man its been a long ass fucking time since ive played tekken aha

Right now im maining steve, dragunov, and xiao

I use to play xiao tons but her attacks dont seem to flow for me as much, any tips ?

Also every game i join immediately tells me its lost. Unbelievable. Cant wait to start the story mode.

FoxSpirit

Man, "connection to opponent has been lost" is real bad on pc too.
Okay, and just now I got some insta connections again, instead of every 6th try.

Netcode is great but getting a connection is wonky. 1st Dan now, yeah :p

Ganyc

Is this game in any way newbie friendly? For a fighting game and an entry into the series?

Tekken is newbie friendly, easy moves und only 4 buttons. But doesn't expect a tutorial.

With a 970 you will get a way better experience than on ps4

Invis

So are 10 frames the limit for safe moves? Is -10 on block safe and once it goes to -11 on block you can get punished?

Maligna

Banned
How is Kazuma (I think that's her name... The mother) in the tier list? She's really fun.

I usually hate shrine maiden trope characters but I'm really connecting with her for some reason.

Her tier position will make no difference if I play her or not, just curious.

Line_HTX

So are 10 frames the limit for safe moves? Is -10 on block safe and once it goes to -11 on block you can get punished?

No, the fastest moves are 10 frames so jab punishing starts at -10. -9 is where it's safe.

How is Kazuma (I think that's her name... The mother) in the tier list? She's really fun.

I usually hate shrine maiden trope characters but I'm really connecting with her for some reason.

Her tier position will make no difference if I play her or not, just curious.

Kazumi is a fun character to roll with. Besides, she has a Real Tiger Uppercut!

MetalSlug

I've only ever played Tekken 3 and 5, but I'm doing not too bad at the game so far.

This Tekken 7 (GTX970) is how it runs on my system with a GTX970. Got everything set to the max at 1080P (Blur disabled).

I'd recommend getting the game.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So thanks to Aris's great off the cuff tutorials and the ability to practice against "live" opponents in treasure battle I've gone 10 - 0 in my first 10 online ranked matches.

Not bad for my first ever Tekken if I do say so myself.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing more Chloe and I've developed a bad habit of using her 3,4 string a lot for some reason. I think it's because it seems like it can hit-confirm for counter-hit combo, but it can't. It's something like -13 or 14 so I'm just waiting for my opponent to punish me hard.

Honestly, if I could change her right at this second is to 1) make her 3,4 string a 14 frame hit-conformable punisher like Lee's 3,3. It doesn't have to launch, but only having 2,2 or 4 or WS 1,4 for -14 moves kind of stinks. 2) It would be nice to have a command for back-turn like Lili and Feng has.

Other than that I'm getting good use out of WR3 as it jumps over lows, gives hard knockdown (belly down), catches people rolling on the ground, and is plus on block. It kind of reminds me of Dragunov's WR2 but maybe not quite as good. I'm also trying to incorporate b+4 more, as it covers a lot of space, is -9, but pushes them back a bit too. +8 on hit, CH launcher too.

raidersx

Really dont get the blocking, seems like everyone online blocks all my hits and I cant block but maybe one of theirs and they just juggle me til i die lol

joeblow

^^^Good players have memorized a lot of common attack sequences (canned strings) and can block them on reaction. Mix it up more with a variety of custom poking and power hits to keep them on their toes. Also, realize that no one knows everything - figure out where their frame data is lacking and exploit it.
As said above, -9 is safe from i10 jabs.

However, keep in mind the range created between characters after blocking since sometimes the pushback is so much that an i10 jab won't reach someone who is even -15 on block.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Really dont get the blocking, seems like everyone online blocks all my hits and I cant block but maybe one of theirs and they just juggle me til i die lol

Some moves characters do are really unsafe, so if you did one of those and they blocked you are open to punishment

My strategy is to always block high and mid. Always just take the low. Some characters have low combo starters so they're the exception. But usually those moves are easy to see coming. Just keep blocking mid and high until you get familiar with character strings.

As for offense who do you play? I play Steve so I struggle a bit as well. Someone here might be able to help.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Anyone know how to break Eliza's feeding throw?

I just got wrecked by someone hitting me with that over and over, I tried each button individually, 1+3, 2+4 and none of that worked.

Danielsan

How the hell do you perform Feng's lingering shadow. I hit the command cleanly but I must be messing up the timing because the move doesn't come out.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anyone know how to break Eliza's feeding throw?

I just got wrecked by someone hitting me with that over and over, I tried each button individually, 1+3, 2+4 and none of that worked.

Throws can be broken by just pressing 1 or 2 if it's a normal grab *the slam on the ground and bite is that*

If it's the one where she grabs you from the front and does a teleport combo to you you need to press both punches.

Apharmd

Ay TekkenGAF, I'm sorry to ask you guys this but who is the most newbie-friendly in tutorials other than Aris? I really liked his stuff but I just found out about his Cross Assault BS and giant non-apology. Really left a terrible taste in my mouth.

Rarius

Whyyy doesn't Xiaoyu have a uniform outfit, or at least a blouse with a tie, she even has an icon (From TTT2) in her school uniform.

I just want a proper tie damn it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PC version has something superior.

*Turn BG music to zero. Play your own whatever song on your PC via wimamp, foobar, etc. No need for Tekken Jukebox.

*This applies to pretty much all PC games.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wait does winamp even exist anymore? lol I remember using that shit back in middleschool

Edit: holy fuck it's still around LOL

Top Bottom