• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Perineum

Is Tekken 7 the SFIV of Tekken series? Wake up supers all day.

People love to hit buttons on wake up when folks have Rage. Even WITHOUT rage art you'd be eating the armor from a Rage drive combo on wake up if the character can do it without something special to make it come out. (Katarina has to do it out of harrier)

Dash up close and watch them panic button, then do your quickest punish so they eat shit, or do yours back if they fire theirs off.

Cyanity

Banned
Same for me. I had to switch to pad, yet use stick on all other fighters. Just felt more natural to do Tekken on a pad.

I know you can do it pretty consistently on a stick with practice though. Gonna just tough this one out until it flows naturally.

Perineum

I know you can do it pretty consistently on a stick with practice though. Gonna just tough this one out until it flows naturally.

I find combos on pad easier too for this lol. It's not so strict, and it's nice to map the shoulder buttons to shortcuts. That way I don't have to do finger gymnastics on my stick.

Gambit61

I just use the steam browser go on youtube and turn on a homework edit or one of those 24hr chillhop streams.
giphy.gif

I know what I'm doing for my next T7 session. Never thought of that, thanks!

Cyanity

Banned
Welp, I actually managed to do two KBDs in a row for the first time on stick. Just 20 more hours of practicing and maybe I'll have it down consistently

edit - for some reason I'm having fun with this

double edit - it's way easier on 2p side. hm

Velikost

Has anyone bought a PC key for this game post launch and gotten Eliza? I figure the keys sites have are "Day One editions" that include her, but I'd like to know for sure

I usually play as yoshimitsu, do you have to time the block to the attacks or just hold back button then attack?

Just hold back to block mid and high attacks. Down back to block lows. Attack when they do a move that has long recovery. If you block a low it usually means their turn is over and you can press buttons/punish with a fast enough move.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Does Dragunov have any good bread n butter combos that start from a low? I feel like my offense is too linear, I can do serious damage off mids & highs but my lows are all just pokes.

CSX

We got about 15 people on GAF who added their info on the google spreadsheet. Please add your PSN/Steam/Gamertag on the spreadsheet so you can easily matchup against fellow gaf members.

Quote this post to see the link to the spreadsheet and add in your own info :)

CSX

Does Dragunov have any good bread n butter combos that start from a low? I feel like my offense is too linear, I can do serious damage off mids & highs but my lows are all just pokes.

not every character has a low sweep juggle starter just in case you dont know :p

for Dragunov, it's his db3 and it needs to be done up close otherwise it won't trip the opponent. On counter hit, it needs to an automatic grab animation for free damage.

the juggle is db3 , d2 , ws4 , b12 !S , dash forward , 312

EDIT : It's Sample Combo 4 on his movelist. Just replace his Rage Art at the end with your own finisher such as 312 or d44 etc

Welp, I actually managed to do two KBDs in a row for the first time on stick. Just 20 more hours of practicing and maybe I'll have it down consistently

edit - for some reason I'm having fun with this

double edit - it's way easier on 2p side. hm
very common. 2p kbd utilizes different part of the hand's muscles. you gotta train both.

i mean you should go into training mode to find out what he can combo from low. you'll find out its ALL pokes... lol
He's got one of the best lows in the game (d+2) and if you're not abusing it then your really limited drag's game.
his only? launching lowis d/b+3 on clean hit, natural hit. You can get d/b+3, d+2, ws+4, b+1,2 S! into whatever from it.
you can also do d/b+3, d+3+4. to get a hard spike and keep position.

Cyanity

Banned
While standing, they're moves that only come out as you transition from ducking to standing.

Thanks! Aaaand now I'm getting the muscle memory for 1p kbd. I can do it almost as fast as on keyboard now! It's such an insignificant accomplishment, but I'm legit excited. Thanks Tekken.

decisions

I don't know what happened, but since yesterday I can now get matches from Warm-Up and I can join people in the Match List.

There's a workaround for those who can't connect to matches.

Player Match/Ranked Match -> Match List

Make sure it should says "Searching for session" at the bottom of the screen. You'll get a popup in under 60 seconds saying "You've been challenged" and it'll actually connect.

Yeah I don't see that...How do I make it appear, if this is a "workaround"?

b+1+2 is your best easy punish tool. b+1 is your fastest interrupt tool.

ws+3, SS+4, qcf,3, uf+4, f+3,4 are all launchers. qcf,3 can also be mixed up with qcf,1 for sneaky low hits.

from there do a simple df+1,1, f+1+2, f+3,4, b+1+2 for around 70 damage.

Nice! ty, going to go try that combo out. I feel like a get a ton of people by abusing the db 3 poke

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Finally get into a rank match. Gonna win 3-0. Hit dragunov's rage art for the victory in the final round....rage quit during the animation, communication error has occurred. No promotion or trophy. How is this shit still a thing in this day and age.

CSX

Playing my crappy paul online as in i go for deathfists and ff4s all day and just beat up a green rank bob player that knew his basic stuff. First bob i ever played against . He refused to revenge match me :(

Numb

We got about 15 people on GAF who added their info on the google spreadsheet. Please add your PSN/Steam/Gamertag on the spreadsheet so you can easily matchup against fellow gaf members.

Quote this post to see the link to the spreadsheet and add in your own info :)

added
if EU add me up on PSN or steam people

Finally get into a rank match. Gonna win 3-0. Hit dragunov's rage art for the victory in the final round....rage quit during the animation, communication error has occurred. No promotion or trophy. How is this shit still a thing in this day and age.

Disconnects should just be a loss for the loss for the disconnector and a win for the other player. It should be that simple.

Sinatar

not every character has a low sweep juggle starter just in case you dont know :p

for Dragunov, it's his db3 and it needs to be done up close otherwise it won't trip the opponent. On counter hit, it needs to an automatic grab animation for free damage.

the juggle is db3 , d2 , ws4 , b12 !S , dash forward , 312

EDIT : It's Sample Combo 4 on his movelist. Just replace his Rage Art at the end with your own finisher such as 312 or d44 etc

i mean you should go into training mode to find out what he can combo from low. you'll find out its ALL pokes... lol
He's got one of the best lows in the game (d+2) and if you're not abusing it then your really limited drag's game.
his only? launching lowis d/b+3 on clean hit, natural hit. You can get d/b+3, d+2, ws+4, b+1,2 S! into whatever from it.
you can also do d/b+3, d+3+4. to get a hard spike and keep position.

Thanks

decisions

Hey so, Hwoarang's JFSR seems to come out way more often when he's in RFF compared to LFF. Why is that?

In both stances I try and input f, n, d/f+4.

DKL

Man, Paul's armor move is gadlike...

(saw another Paul do it and beat me, so I copied lol)

Then I check the frame data and that shit is even on block? For reals lol

Backsway launcher is good too... a lot faster than WS launch.

valeo

I haven't played Tekken since 3. I've played a shit tonne of Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat (9 and 10).

Jesus it's tough getting back into Tekken. I feel like I don't know how to do anything.

What is a good character to start with again? I've tried Yoshi ( my previous fave in Soul Calibur too) and Jin. Jin seems easier.

edit: noticed people suggesting 'AvoidthePuddle'

remz

I don't get why he is saying there is no trick for instant while running. This is the trick.

Instead of doing f f f+2, do f * f f + 2, where * is neutral. You basically just hit f, then reset for a split second, and hit f f as fast as you can.

Man everytime I find a post like this I feel like I ascend to a new level

FoxSpirit

Man, Paul's armor move is gadlike...

(saw another Paul do it and beat me, so I copied lol)

Then I check the frame data and that shit is even on block? For reals lol

Backsway launcher is good too... a lot faster than WS launch.
Which one is that?

decisions

I don't get why he is saying there is no trick for instant while running. This is the trick.

Instead of doing f f f+2, do f * f f + 2, where * is neutral. You basically just hit f, then reset for a split second, and hit f f as fast as you can.

What is the benefit here? I feel like I can press forward three times just as quickly as I can f, n, f, f, if not faster.

Vimes

I still think Rage Arts are a garbage addition even if they aren't ruining my experience as badly as I expected.

I miss when Tekken was a pure martial arts game
with robots, kangaroos, demons, bears, and weird gods.

Gin-Shiio

Why revenge match me when you are going to ragequit on me in the end? Have some dignity. On another note, Hwoarang continues to puzzle me. That dude is so versatile it's crazy. I'll have to practice him just to know how to deal with his craziness. He is like a legit Lucky Chloe.

Sinatar

I still think Rage Arts are a garbage addition even if they aren't ruining my experience as badly as I expected.

I miss when Tekken was a pure martial arts game
with robots, kangaroos, demons, bears, and weird gods.

It serves to make the end of rounds very tense and exciting, which makes it good for spectating, which gets more eyeballs on the game, which gets more people playing it.

It's a worthy sacrifice.

Two Words

What is the benefit here? I feel like I can press forward three times just as quickly as I can f, n, f, f, if not faster.

The point of instant isn't so much of how fast it comes out, but how much clear room you need to do it. Here is a good test.

Go into practice mode and pick King. King has a running throw, f f f + 2 + 4. How close can you do it to the opponent? I can do it even if King is as close to the character as possible. when I do f * f f + 2 + 4. The same isn't possible otherwise.

Also, the neutral moment is very short.

hm, I haven't played fighters online enough to experience a rage quitter but the thing is, I can see why someone would be annoyed but it but also - isn't it an automatic win for you?

Top Bottom