• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

lupinko

I really wish tournaments would get with the future and play on the PC version. Like come on. The PS4 version is ass.

Load times so brutal that they go to player cam >_>

PS4 version is fine, and the home ports all load faster than the arcade version which is always trying to do matchmaking.

And I really wish all tournaments would use the arcade version and none of this home version nonsense.

cordy

Banned
So there are lots of people who have the platinum for this on PS4.

How in the world are you getting it to connect for even one ranked match?

Did warm-up match, waited, got one and then won.

As the timer went down though, I clicked around the 1-3 seconds left part and it connected. Idk if that helps everyone but it worked when I did it most of the time.

Vimes

I feel like, a lot of the time, the mechanics fighting games introduce in order to make things more new player friendly end up being these tools that veterans use to wail on newbs even harder lol

Yeah I was thinking this too after a Gigas player kept hitting me with his Rage Art that you can't seem to block while you're down... and of course every time I try to use one to comeback it's just like lolblocked and super punishable (also punished a lot of apparent newbies myself who think it's as easy to land on me as on the CPU)

CSX

Almost got into a ranked match with Fchamp.

He's like the first Akuma I've seen in PC ranked lol

yea i only seen akuma pop out twice myself in PC ranked.

WHat's crazier is that i havent seen a claudio yet AT ALL!! I thought everyone is joining in on the CLaudio hopkick train :p

CSX

We got about 15 people on GAF who added their info on the google spreadsheet. Please add your PSN/Steam/Gamertag on the spreadsheet so you can easily matchup against fellow gaf members.

Quote this post to see the link to the spreadsheet and add in your own info :)

My psn is Gundamfujita in the West coast.

If you quote that post, you should be able to see the link to the google spreadsheet. It's between two "EMAIL" words. Copy and paste the link onto a new tab and you can add your info on your own. I set it so anyone who has the link can edit the spreadsheet.

yea i only seen akuma pop out twice myself in PC ranked.

WHat's crazier is that i havent seen a claudio yet AT ALL!! I thought everyone is joining in on the CLaudio hopkick train :p

I've seen a couple Akumas on PS4, and one Eliza. No Claudios though. What's weird is, I haven't seen any players that look like they've never played Tekken before. Every player I've seen is busting out multi-hit combos and blocking pretty well. A lot different than Tekken 6's early days.

hamchan

I'd love them to do a CSGO and only reveal ranks when the match is over.

"Surprise! The guy you thought was a Tekken God Prime is only a 1st Dan"

Asuka matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=097MoX9spw4

giphy.gif

Blocking out characters is a good idea. Rank? I dunno I feel like dudes who wanted to actually get better wouldn't dodge but then again you never know

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed this on PC today. Really liking it so far, though I'm struggling as I haven't played a Tekken game since 3 or a 3D fighter since Soul Calibur 2. :D

Stopped at chapter 8 of story mode. Game looks amazing on PC, especially after the tweaks to turn off chromatic aberration, film grain and enhance shadows. Unfortunately I'm traveling tomorrow through Sunday so I won't get to play more until next week.

cordy

Banned
Yeah blocking out who you're facing is a good idea if they match you against people your level. All I'm worried about is the stability and matchmaking now.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Story mode devil Kaz. Fuck this game. I'm blocking, side stepping, punishing, avoiding his rage. But this game is still as cheesy as ever. Fuck this.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
When he reaches his final phase you are suppose to wait and if punisg the lasers so he can't counter you.
I'm I'm draining him until he rages. Then I wait until he attempts to rage attack me, afterwards I punish. It works for the first rage mode, but after he triggers the second rage mode, he refuses to rage attack me!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm I'm draining him until he rages. Then I wait until he attempts to rage attack me, afterwards I punish. It works for the first rage mode, but after he triggers the second rage mode, he refuses to rage attack me!

He doesn't gotta beat him with the armor

fatalexe

Comparing the PC and PS4 version, I noticed that I play a lot better and can react to lows much easier on my laptop with 15.6inch screen compared to my 50inch TV. I don't have a monitor at home so I cant hook up my PS4 to a PC monitor.

Another factor that makes me regret buying the more expensive PS4 version...

Top Bottom