• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

B00TE

Waiting for early 2017
giphy.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What time does it unlock?

t1496354400z0.png

Wait, we don't want to pre load on Steam?

He's exaggerating. The only people who shouldn't pre-load are those who could download the game faster than Steam would decrypt it, which, on a system with a modern processor and SSD, is only going to be the case (or thereabouts) if they have a 250Mbps connection or better.

DKL

And part of said personal comfort , is being too lazy to learn that new control schemes and habits

I know this very well :v

But yeah, my understanding is that hit box is like more ergonomic or something and will kill your hands less during long sessions.

But I'm not sure.

Lumine

t1496354400z0.png

He's exaggerating. The only people who shouldn't pre-load are those who could download the game faster than Steam would decrypt it, which is only going to be the case if they have a 350Mbps connection or better.

My connection isn't nearly that fast, but I still downloaded the game in 15 minutes at 19mb/s (150Mbps?). Do you have any idea how long the decryption would take? Hopefully less than that or I might be better off deleting the game for now.

patchday

Are most of you guys/gals ordering on PC? Torn between ps4 / pc

dang I see you have to preorder to get Eliza. wonder if she can be bought later. not sure if I want to preorder just yet.

Baleoce

The game unlocks in 14 hours and 30 minutes on US PSN.

Nope, they clarified that they DON'T offer the pre-order stuff.

There are other sites like gameplanet that do though.

That's annoying. Seen as the page says pre order on it. Should've made it clearer. I was slightly suspicious when I did ctrl f and her name didn't crop up.

JaseC

That's annoying. Seen as the page says pre order on it. Should've made it clearer. I was slightly suspicious when I did ctrl f and her name didn't crop up.

CD Keys isn't an authorised distributor. It doesn't receive its keys from publishers but rather lifts them from retail copies purchased in bulk, so unless the pre-order bonus is also part of first-run retail units, it's not going to be included.

JaseC

My connection isn't nearly that fast, but I still downloaded the game in 15 minutes at 19mb/s (150Mbps?). Do you have any idea how long the decryption would take? Hopefully less than that or I might be better off deleting the game for now.

If you have a modern CPU and the pre-load is on an SSD, I'd say around 20 minutes, judging from how long it took me to unpack BLOPS 3, which had a similar install size. T7's 36.5GB download would have actually taken you roughly half an hour at 19MBps.

Edit: Do'h, I was supposed to edit this into my above post, and "350Mbps" was meant to be "250Mbps".

kinberg

Neo Member
Have yet to find out how to check keys on their site, but they always send the link via email when the key is ready.

Yeah I know, have ordered many games from their site before. But have not gotten any emails from them today :(

Fingers crossed it shows up before the day is over.

Lumine

If you have a modern CPU and the pre-load is on an SSD, I'd say around 20 minutes. The game's a 36.5GB download, so it would have actually taken you roughly half an hour at 19MBps.

Edit: Do'h, I was supposed to edit this into my above post, and "350Mbps" was meant to be "250Mbps".

Thanks! Yeah the math seemed a little off. It said 15:53 time completed on Steam, but I'm guessing that's the actual time it completed at. Which is still strange as that was a few minutes ago but it finished a few hours ago. Not that it matters anything.

JaseC

Thanks! Yeah the math seemed a little off. It said 15:53 time completed on Steam, but I'm guessing that's the actual time it completed at. Which is still strange as that was a few minutes ago but it finished a few hours ago. Not that it matters anything.

Yeah, "Time Completed" refers to the time at the point of completion rather than how long the download took to complete, and with pre-loads, the time updates every five minutes, when Steam refreshes the apps in your library -- it's waiting for the game to unlock, so as part of the refresh process, it scans for a status update.

Numb

Lol I'm not all that in this game so no worries. We can play practice matches and give pointers to each other at what we could fix from each other if we notice something.

ill send you a friend request
If you notice i mash too many buttons it's not a flaw it's the only way i know to play ;_;

DKF590

Picked this up as a long time player of 2D/Capcom stuff as my first 3D fighter.

Excited to jump into it as SFV didn't really click with me as much as I'd like. Curious to see how big the learning curve will be as someone new to the series.

Feel free to add me on Steam: DKF590 if you are picking it up on PC. Could really use a bigger friends list on pc for fighters.

patchday

Is there a Tag mode? I guess those aren't popular in fighting games anymore these days

Man I have not played a Tekken title in probably over a decade so I'm a bit out of touch

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ill send you a friend request
If you notice i mash too many buttons it's not a flaw it's the only way i know to play ;_;

Lol thats alright. If anything overtime you may start tweaking to play less button smashy.

AllenShrz

I'm done for the day, pity about the rank battle system but the rest is great.

I couldn't even reach my usual rank at the arcade with jin, in fact I couldn't leave the blue ranks :/. They are savage. I didn't fight anyone that can be considered "new".

Tomorrow I'll try my luck with the pc version.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I doubt it
heh.png

If I do strip Tekken matches you will learn how to properly play in 1 hour or less tbh. Sometimes you need a little push to get better on the game. JK but seriously we can try to improve our styles with feedback.

Numb

If I do strip Tekken matches you will learn how to properly play in 1 hour or less tbh. Sometimes you need a little push to get better on the game. JK but seriously we can try to improve our styles with feedback.
lol
Once you see my playstyle you will realize
Just don't be scared

Picked this up as a long time player of 2D/Capcom stuff as my first 3D fighter.

Excited to jump into it as SFV didn't really click with me as much as I'd like. Curious to see how big the learning curve will be as someone new to the series.

Feel free to add me on Steam: DKF590 if you are picking it up on PC. Could really use a bigger friends list on pc for fighters.

Sent you a friend request.

Thanks for this!

You gonna main Josie too?

The universal customizations will unlock for all characters if you unlock it with one character.

Idk yet. I initially disliked most of the new characters but after watching some vids they're really growing on me.

In regards tot he customization are you sure? I remember in the Giantbomb video they said you had to unlock them for each character but they could've been mistaken.

HeelPower

Is there anything going down online tonight with Tekken GAF ?

A release day online tournament mash festival perhaps ? XD

AllenShrz

One last thing, out of the 100 plus games I played today, only one was laggy, and literally was only one, the net code is solid.

Skilletor

Welp...double dipped. lol.

Couldn't pass up 40 bucks for PC.

Skillzilla81 on everything. Just say you're from gaf if you send and invite and want to get some games in.

Top Bottom