• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

_Legacy_

Does anyone on XB1 want a free copy of Tekken 6? I've got a code from the pre-order but have no real desire to ever play it.

Dina

I have a DS4 and a SteamController available for use (no stick). Anyone have any comments on which would work best for Tekken 7?

Looking through the roster...Kind of disappointed in no Lei Wulong. Although the reviews are good and the game looks great, I might hold out until some more characters are added.

Fraeon

I'm gonna plunk out cash for a stick this weekend. I can't play this on pad.

Tekken is like one of the most pad friendly fighting games. If you managed SF5 and Injustice then Tekken shouldn't be a problem unless you plan to play a Mishima.

Also for all Steam players, I heard in the PC Port Impressions video that goes around that Tekken 7 supports Dinput so any stick should be theoretically supported without having to go through Steam's Controller Support. The same should be true for the DS4 then, just plug in DS4's and they should be good to go by itself.

For PS3 controllers/sticks you could also try the Fireshock drivers which make the DS3 work as a native Dinput controller.

DKL

Tekken is like one of the most pad friendly fighting games. If you managed SF5 and Injustice then Tekken shouldn't be a problem unless you plan to play a Mishima.

You know, someone settle this for me:

Is movement actually harder on pad? I've seen people say this, but I'm not actually sure why since I assume it's just easier to go back to neutral on pad.

(but then, going back to neutral is probably only like one thing you need for good movement)

But yeah, I've been considering going back to stick for fighting games for a while since some motions and movement in KOF is kinda hard to do on pad (I can't fucking land DP into Super consistently with Athena because of this shit lol it's like DP and then backwards half circle motion x 2 or something).

(but yeah: pad only became a thing for me because I began to get lazy carrying sticks around)

Jaeger

It's not that. I'm getting old and I constantly claw my controllers when I play fighters on pads and it hurts like hell after a few minutes.

DKL

It's not that. I'm getting old and I constantly claw my controllers when I play fighters on pads and it hurts like hell after a few minutes.

To be honest, we should all join the hitbox master race.

People joke about the Gootecks thing, but I'm under the impression that this thing will actually help us play longer since all the other options make my hands hurt after a while >_>

Chairhome

I cancelled my ps4 preorder cause I have too many expenses right now (buying a PSVR soon!)

When I do pick it up, should I go PC or PS4 Pro? I'm guessing it will look nice enough at 1080p upscale to 4k, but my PC has a decent processor and a 1060.

I cancelled my ps4 preorder cause I have too many expenses right now (buying a PSVR soon!)

When I do pick it up, should I go PC or PS4 Pro? I'm guessing it will look nice enough at 1080p upscale to 4k, but my PC has a decent processor and a 1060.
1060 will be able to deliver a locked 60 at full settings up to 1440p. Probably not more than that though.

Fraeon

T7 made it so that holding back will have the characters walk back a lot quicker. I'm also pretty sure you block automatically during a backdash now too so flubbing a backdash cancel isn't so bad?

That isn't to say movement is easy but some concessions have been made.

And as far as stick/pad goes, I don't really think either is "easier". You still have to learn how to move. I'm just saying that if you're comfortable on pad, learning to play stick won't magically make you better.

DKL

This may not necessarily pan out in this manner, but I was to understand that Norcal was gonna be on PS4.

The general consensus is that you should play on PS4 if you want a large pool of players.

Despite this, I went with PC because I wanna be able to run training mode without being away from my PC.

If I actually want to play people, all I have to do is occasionally leave the house lol

(but other people don't have this option readily available, but just take note that... people are probably playing on PS4)

T7 made it so that holding back will have the characters walk back a lot quicker. I'm also pretty sure you block automatically during a backdash now too so flubbing a backdash cancel isn't so bad?

That isn't to say movement is easy but some concessions have been made.

To be honest, this sounds sick to me since I don't have to do as much work lol

ChazGW7

There is no right answer, just pick your preferred platform at this point. You'll have good results regardless. The PS4 version will likely have longer legs when it comes to online life, but I also think the PC will be quite successful given how much effort they have put into this version. Ill be grabbing it for PC.

EDIT: What i'm trying to say is, usually developers who put a lot of effort into making the PC version as good as it can be are rewarded in this community. You can see traces of it in this thread.

MrS

Banned
Would have preferred more modes over the customisation. Treasure battles are cool but the Mishima story mode is not better than the classic arcade mode. Arcade mode here is shockingly bad. 5 matches and it's done?! Survival mode is a bad omission too, it's a classic Tekken mode. TTT2 was a better offering than this imo.

Chairhome

1060 will be able to deliver a locked 60 at full settings up to 1440p. Probably not more than that though.
Thanks. I am not upgrading my monitor anytime soon and all I have is 1080p on my setup.
This may not necessarily pan out in this manner, but I was to understand that Norcal was gonna be on PS4.

The general consensus is that you should play on PS4 if you want a large pool of players.

Despite this, I went with PC because I wanna be able to run training mode without being away from my PC.

If I actually want to play people, all I have to do is occasionally leave the house lol
I am pretty casual on fighters, though I love them. Part of the reason I cancelled for now. Hoping for some nice mods though.

Chairhome

There is no right answer, just pick your preferred platform at this point. You'll have good results regardless. The PS4 version will likely have longer legs when it comes to online life, but I also think the PC will be quite successful given how much effort they have put into this version. Ill be grabbing it for PC.

EDIT: What i'm trying to say is, usually developers who put a lot of effort into making the PC version as good as it can be are rewarded in this community. You can see traces of it in this thread.
Totally understand. I guess I don't have a preference, since my hrap will work on either.
Any deals on PC? I'll probably bite around $30

Totally understand. I guess I don't have a preference, since my hrap will work on either.
Any deals on PC? I'll probably bite around $30

around $40 is the cheapest you're gonna get on PC right now

GamersGate and Gamebillet have it for almost $41 and still comes with the pre-order DLC...game unlocks in a few hours so if you're gonna get it and still want that content you'd need to order soon

Numb

CDkeys decided to bless me with the code finally

xUPGcBTqy4D623gcXm.gif

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
While I'm looking forward to this I will admit I can't understand why arcade mode is a few fights and always ends with Akuma, then that weird cutscene with Akuma that suddenly fades out.

It really seems like there's supposed to be something more. There are some bizarre choices here considering the time and budget that must have gone into the cinematic story mode.

patchday

huh I wonder why this game has console only fighters. Leaning towards ps4 version whenever I do go pick it up. maybe catch PC ver on sale later

huh I wonder why this game has console only fighters. Leaning towards ps4 version whenever I do go pick it up. maybe catch PC ver on sale later

There are no console exclusive fighters.

The only console exclusive stuff is:

Classic costumes for a few characters and the Jukebox mode which is exclusive to PS4.

A copy of Tekken 6 for digital Backwards Compatibility if you pre-ordered on X1.

EDIT: Ooohhh ok, you meant the arcade versions. Aren't the Arcade versions gonna be updated with the new stuff?

ZeroX03

Banned

There's no console exclusive characters. Every platform has them all. Even arcade is getting the new inclusions this time.

Console and PC version has more characters than the current arcade version.

Arcade will be getting them soon though.

patchday

How does loot work in this game? Can you buy any item you want with ingame money? just making sure it's not a bunch of random loot boxes

There are no console exclusive fighters.

The only console exclusive stuff is:

Classic costumes for a few characters and the Jukebox mode which is exclusive to PS4.

A copy of Tekken 6 for digital Backwards Compatibility if you pre-ordered on X1.

EDIT: Ooohhh ok, you meant the arcade versions. Aren't the Arcade versions gonna be updated with the new stuff?

There's no console exclusive characters. Every platform has them all. Even arcade is getting the new inclusions this time.

Arcade will be getting them soon though.

Thanks!!

Numb

Got the game preloaded and ready to go!

Gonna hop into story mode first most likely.
My PC version is only for online
Gonna do SP stuff on console as it will last longer

Console characters will come to arcade later
Loot you get in treasure mode and tournament? mode. Unlocks random items you can purchase with ingame gold you get by playing

How does loot work in this game? Can you buy any item you want with ingame money? just making sure it's not a bunch of random loot boxes
You can unlock stuff by opening a chest which gives you the item OR by spending FM on the item.

Playing most modes gives you a lot of Fight Money.

To be honest, we should all join the hitbox master race.

People joke about the Gootecks thing, but I'm under the impression that this thing will actually help us play longer since all the other options make my hands hurt after a while >_>

I wish , but arcade sticks are a matter of comfort for me rather than performances (as it should be for anyone in the pad or stick argument imo) . And part of said personal comfort , is being too lazy to learn that new control schemes and habits

fantomena

Just realized I made the mistake of preloading the game (Steam). Took me around 1h30min to download. The unpacking will use 10 hours.

Top Bottom