• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Lets be real for second guys, do you really think when Namco planned out their DLC schedule, that anyone would be excited for Bears or Bob DLC?

cmon bruhs

IbukiLordSA

if you're fine with low-medium graphic settings, your 960 should do the trick.

my friend plays on his laptop with the 960 mobile chip which is a lot weaker than the standard 960. Set everything to low and never dropped below 60fps.

Go to the Tekken 7 performance thread to see other people's pc specs and see how they're running it

On the 960 I am playing with everything set to high except effects and shadows which I set to medium, 1080p and it runs at constant 60fps. Just not sure if that 1050 card is better or not.

I did not know about the Tekken 7 performance thread thanks for the heads up, heading over there now :p

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Man. I don't mind being a punching bag to learn a matchup but dudes dip the second you get two in a row. I did run into a couple cool people, both of whom I basically played like a first to fifty with. The moral of the story is, if you run into someone with a good connection, stick with them. Even if they are a Leo player.

There's a guy running around with 600 something wins and he's still a Beginner. Ran into this assboy twice before I wrote his name down and memorized his tag. It's silly that he's shitting around in the lower ranks going for easy kills when he should at least be 1 Dan.

Aceofspades

Banned
There's a guy running around with 600 something wins and he's still a Beginner. Ran into this assboy twice before I wrote his name down and memorized his tag. It's silly that he's shitting around in the lower ranks going for easy kills when he should at least be 1 Dan.

I have 170 wins and Im still stuck at blue ranks..took a peek at green then demoted soon after lol.

I'm a guy who never refuse a revenge match, never win quit anyone...its my principal and its fucking my rank lol

In ranked or player quick matches which ignore rank as far as I know?

I have 170 wins and Im still stuck at blue ranks..took a peek at green then demoted soon after lol.

I'm a guy who never refuse a revenge match, never win quit anyone...its my principal and its fucking my rank lol

That's fine.

You aren't literally in the Beginner area with hundreds of wins so you can smurf. Nothing wrong with what you are doing. This other guy is a dick tho.

In ranked or player quick matches which ignore rank as far as I know?

Player. He wouldn't be able to shit around ranked with that amount of wins.

sasuke_91

That's fine.

You aren't literally in the Beginner area with hundreds of wins so you can smurf. Nothing wrong with what you are doing. This other guy is a dick tho.

Player. He wouldn't be able to shit around ranked with that amount of wins.

Why is he a dick? Player Matches ignore ranks and he's not obligated to play ranked either. Maybe I don't understand what you're trying to say, but how is he smurfing?

Spuck-uk

Banned

You can't rank down below 1st Dan, so he's just not played ranked before, why so vexed, my dude?

The issue is that I'd rather be partnered up with people around my level in Player Matches. I don't mind a few ranks above or below - obviously that's gonna happen, but just chilling in Beginner bopping people who unwittingly think they are going to fight someone around their level brings the salt. And I just don't understand the thought process of scumming around levels where people don't even know how to sidestep when you are obviously decent at the game. It's not ranked so it's not such a big deal, I just think it's silly.

This would probably not be such a big deal if I could see the winstreaks before the match, but that'd bring back the dodging.

sasuke_91

The issue is that I'd rather be partnered up with people around my level in Player Matches. I don't mind a few ranks above or below - obviously that's gonna happen, but just chilling in Beginner bopping people who unwittingly think they are going to fight someone around their level brings the salt. And I just don't understand the thought process of scumming around levels where people don't even know how to sidestep when you are obviously decent at the game. It's not ranked so it's not such a big deal, I just think it's silly.

This would probably not be such a big deal if I could see the winstreaks before the match, but that'd bring back the dodging.
You don't get paired up with people around your rank in player matches though, so even if he was ranked a lot higher than you you could still run into him. Matchmaking in player matches is independent from a player's rank, you get paired up randomly and honestly, that's what it's for. If you want to play people at your rank you have to play ranked matches.

You don't get paired up with people around your rank in player matches though, so even if he was ranked a lot higher than you you could still run into him. Matchmaking un player matches are independent from a player's rank, you get paired up randomly and honestly, that's what it's for. If you want to play people at your rank you have to play ranked matches.

Ahh, I thought it was like in other games where even in casuals you'd get roughly the same rank. Ah well.

Wait, player matches don't have skill-based matchmaking?

I should play player matches more often then. Gotta face those killers to learn the matchups!

GrayFoxPL

Wait, player matches don't have skill-based matchmaking?

I gotta play player matches more often then. Gotta face those killers to learn the matchups!

Killers lol. If you mean quick player matches then from my experience 60% are noobies, 35% of dudes just testing stuff, experimenting, using totally alien characters for them. 5% may be pros warming up for ranked.

Killers lol. If you mean quick player matches then from my experience 60% are noobies, 35% of dudes just testing stuff, experimenting, using totally alien characters for them. 5% may be pros warming up for ranked.
I'm not picky, I'll take what I can get. Even if it's a player who just spams the same stuff expecting it to work then at least I can learn how to deal with that stuff.

Just did that quite recently against a Devil Jin player who just did flying stuff. Learned to either sidestep or catch him in the air with Katarina's u/f+3+4 followed by a u/b+4

GrayFoxPL

I'm not picky, I'll take what I can get. Even if it's a player who just spams the same stuff expecting it to work then at least I can learn how to deal with that stuff.

Just did that quite recently against a Devil Jin player who just did flying stuff. Learned to either sidestep or catch him in the air with Katarina's u/f+3+4 followed by a u/b+4

And that's a right way to go about it. It's learning how to defend and attack. It's a good tool.

Fighting Josie players feels so stupid. Literally afraid to ever press buttons because all her strings end in a free CH. And then she can has an advancing CH low and advancing launcher. I hate Aris for "inspiring" so many people to play that braindead character. ugh

Fighting Josie players feels so stupid. Literally afraid to ever press buttons because all her strings end in a free CH. And then she can has an advancing CH low and advancing launcher. I hate Aris for "inspiring" so many people to play that braindead character. ugh

Real talk I ran into a grandmaster Josie who pushed my shit in so fast I was amazed. Went off grabs and lows and brought it back to round 5 but couldn't clutch it out.

She parried my sidestep low by following the sidestep. I basically conceded then. I was outplayed.

Perineum

This update sucks on PS4. I have had so many dropped and desynced matches no where as before I had a total of 1 ever.

On top of that I have AWFUL ass laggy matches showing 4 bars but play as a slideshow. Yes I am wired up, damn fine internet, etc etc.

Took over a month to get this patch, right? Fuck me. This game is a blow up on PS4 and a joke. I don't have a gaming PC capable of T7 so I am SoL.

In short---fuck Harada and his team. To go from TTT2 to this is unacceptable, and while people bitch at Capcom for their shortcomings their online in SF5 has NEVER been this shit as it is in this game for me on PS4.

----- /vent------

Picked up Josie the last few days and grinded out muscle memory, and today took her online finally. Got to grand master in one sitting with I believe 25 wins? That felt great. Ran into some 254W Bryan stuck at Grand Master named Sticky028, and I felt bad for him at first that he has been stuck in GM. Turns out he was just some salty scrub who rage quits when you are about to win. I'm surprised his name didn't come up as a yellow highlight since I doubt I am the first person this forever GM has bailed out on.

Josie is super fun. Great everything. Had a ridiculous moment I forgot to upload where I was trapped in corner, did a forward 3 knee into someone doing a random super, super hits knee hits, and I ended up behind him then stole the win. Opponent must have been super triggered.

Doomshine

Ugh, this makes me scared to play. The PS4 version's been decent enough for since the first patch too. If this second patch turns T7 into a redux of my SFV experience, I'm gonna be so fuckin pissed. :[

For what it's worth, I've had the complete opposite experience so far with the patch.

Onemic

Ugh, this makes me scared to play. The PS4 version's been decent enough for since the first patch too. If this second patch turns T7 into a redux of my SFV experience, I'm gonna be so fuckin pissed. :[

Ive had the opposite experience so far. As a primarily PC player the PS4 version is actually playable to me now.

Perineum

Glad to hear it's working out for some folks. Will hop on over the weekend and try to think good thoughts lol :D

For all I know it could have been a bad time of day to play and I just got really unlucky with a lot of back to back wi fi monsters.

It is what it is. I would hope in the next patch they fix the desync, and that they get a grip on what an actual 4 bar is. 3 bar and less is unplayable for me.

Jer

For what it's worth, I've had the complete opposite experience so far with the patch.

Yeah me too, patch has definitely improved both time to find a match and time to sync. Lag is about the same, but being able to find a match in a reasonable amount of time is a huge benefit. I'm reasonably happy right now, other than being on tilt after losing a promotion match to an awful Lili, haha.

Too many people skimping on these fundamentals. But you mastered that 15 hit combo into a wall carry? Stop taking other peoples scripts.
alprazolam-prescription-xanax.jpg

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Twice I played against Devil Kazumi in treasure battle, and both times I got rekt.

Is it me or do the final bosses in Tekken get cheaper and cheaper with each successive installment?

Skilletor

Played a bunch on PS4 last night and online felt a looooooooot better than it did last time I played. Also like the infinite revenge matches in ranked. Just kept playing a few people I had close matches with. It was awesome.

I'm ready for some guest character news. We could all use more classic costumes too, right?
This Pai Mei GIF needs more mileage. Shout out to NiiloPielinen
s5wOWPP.gif

I despise them "Gotdamn Japanese Fat Head Bastards". Dem dogs. Pai Mei is GOAT

Jer

Played a bunch on PS4 last night and online felt a looooooooot better than it did last time I played. Also like the infinite revenge matches in ranked. Just kept playing a few people I had close matches with. It was awesome.

Yeah I was surprised how much I liked infinite revenge. Question - Does players met not work, or is it just me? I had a good mini session with a Katarina player, and wanted to say GGs, but I went to players met it and said I hadn't met anyone. Can you see PSN IDs of people you've played?

Skilletor

Yeah I was surprised how much I liked infinite revenge. Question - Does players met not work, or is it just me? I had a good mini session with a Katarina player, and wanted to say GGs, but I went to players met it and said I hadn't met anyone. Can you see PSN IDs of people you've played?

I haven't checked, but somebody I played last night sent me a message after a long ranked set, so I think so.

Top Bottom