• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Jaeger

Shouldn't you have tweeted him after the game came out years ago? xD

It was once the Arcade characters were all announced that tons of people asked for characters, and of course, the first one back that was announce was yours truly. ;)

Yea, I missed the first wave. But they announced DLC characters so we are still safe to beg, I'd say.

Let's hope so. Her fighting style was unique from the rest of the cast, so was kinda sad she didn't make the cut.

Me too. I'll end up rebuying a PS3, Tag 2 and T6 just to keep her memory alive.

Any chance Best Buys are giving them out early? I have in-store pick-up and I'd really like to go now instead of waiting until after work tomorrow (and after taking my son to see Captain Underpants).

I doubt it. I shop there all the time and they're pretty strict with release dates.

Because when you start out learning Tekken you're not going to instantly be worrying about the extreme intricacies of every character. You're going to be focusing on being able to move and punish properly which is an equal learning curve for every character. Once you get the hang of it you can start learning and adapting to Dragunov's instant while running specialties which isn't that easy but it shouldn't discourage people from beginning their journey of Tekken because of it either.

If Dragunov or any other character appeals to you go for it. It's significantly more about finding a character that you can connect with where you can see yourself putting in the time for.

EDIT: Aris can say it better.

I feel like if you're going to respond with an answer like this it defeats the purpose of the question that guy was originally asking. If his question is if a specific Character is good to learn as a beginner and you respond with this. I don't see how that helps him much.

Did they get a new character designer for this game? Most of the default outfits look like overdesigned pieces of shit. Not to mention what they did to Asuka's face.
tekken_6_scenario_campaign__asuka_vs_anna_by_ninakazama360-d7ai2vl.png

tekken_7_asuka-HD.jpg

RM8

Runs perfectly and you can get rid of the gross chromatic aberration! Also Ling and Hwoarang feel awesome. Can't wait to go back home and play more :0

If you get the Season Pass, all you get right now is the metallic outfits right?

I'm probably going to wait until next week because PSN has a spend $100 get something deal.

Invis

After playing 6 matches online and winning none, I'm satisfied with how many rounds I managed to actually win after only two hours of my first fighting game. I'll take that as a win.

Some questions though. I've only played King so far cause it looks like he's a pro wrestler which I'm fond of. Whenever I go into his move list, I see some stars in between directions. What does that star mean? It's a white star just like the directions.

Also I saw in the tooltips in one of the loading screens that throws can't be blocked, but I certainly saw someone escape a throw in an online match. How did he do that then?

Got Eliza in my CDKeys Standard order.

I had a serious problem with the game reading all of my controllers (PS4, Steam Controller, XInput emu) simultaneously, resulting in phantom inputs. Not sure how exactly I fixed it, but I pretty much disabled everything (save for the setting that recognizes the PS4 controller) in Big Picture mode, and then booted the game in desktop mode. Works fine now.

Impressions:
  • OMG looks so good. 980 is breezing at 1440p60, but I had to use fullscreen. Windowed maxes out at 1080p, and borderless is locking me at 4k for whatever reason. Thankfully the game plays nice with 60hz+.
  • The lag. I felt it a bit. I'm going to turn off vsync, cap it at 60 in RTSS, and set my max pre-render frames to 1 in NVCP see if that helps. Hopefully a further solution is developed.
  • There are plenty really good hotshots in ranked right now. Competition is fierce.
  • Netcode is good. Only a few hitches mid match. Games don't take much longer to find than Tag 2.

LordKasual

Banned
Tweeted Harada, asking for Zafina to be included in 7. I've been watching vids of her and she is glorious.

I didn't even notice she wasn't in the game, FUCK

Me and a friend were playing TTT2 solo getting ready for release and I had alot of fun with Zafina

Dante83

Banned
I was wondering how to reset the game/position in training mode. It seems like I can't map it to reset the position. The game requires touchpad with another button input to reset. I don't use controllers, only a joystick for this game.

LordKasual

Banned
I feel like if you're going to respond with an answer like this it defeats the purpose of the question that guy was originally asking. If his question is if a specific Character is good to learn as a beginner and you respond with this. I don't see how that helps him much.

I don't feel like Tekken is the sort of game where this matters too much.

...unless you're maining a Mishima.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
PC version with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain disabled via the config files looks so much cleaner.

35042052085_d0212069b4_o.png

TheRed

I'm really digging the game as a super casual fighting game player. Last Tekken I played was the very first one! Always just dabble a little bit in fighting games but never stay with them to really learn a lot. Took a liking to Lee when I played him in the story so practiced him a bit to learn a few combos. Felt comfortable and went online for the first time. Had a really close match that I lost the last two rounds due to those rage moves that can be really surprising at least to me. So lost my first match like expected. Second match my combos were coming out much more fully because this guy was new like me and didn't much of his own combos or good defense. I dominated him and blocked almost all of his rage attacks. It felt good to win against a real person.

Really liking this game so far. I like the fighting style of Tekken. Looks super nice at 4k 60 fps too. Happy with the purchase.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Do you mind sharing which config file and where in the file I can do that

Go to: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TekkenGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Open up Scalability.ini and paste this in:

[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0

[PostProcessQuality@3]

Doomshine

Whenever I go into his move list, I see some stars in between directions. What does that star mean? It's a white star just like the directions.

Also I saw in the tooltips in one of the loading screens that throws can't be blocked, but I certainly saw someone escape a throw in an online match. How did he do that then?

Stars mean don't press any direction a.k.a neutral.

You can escape throws, but they can't blocked. Most of them at least, there are a few unescapable throws.

Jaeger

Did they get a new character designer for this game? Most of the default outfits look like overdesigned pieces of shit. Not to mention what they did to Asuka's face.
tekken_6_scenario_campaign__asuka_vs_anna_by_ninakazama360-d7ai2vl.png

tekken_7_asuka-HD.jpg

..."overdesigned" how? That word is used incredibly too much and it doesn't apply here. You mean, you don't like her normal clothes? That would make more sense.

And she looks fine to me. To each his own.

lol it's all good, I was cool with Zafina. Wouldn't mind if she came back at all.

Same. I am hopeful Harada-san saw it and follows through.

I didn't even notice she wasn't in the game, FUCK

Me and a friend were playing TTT2 solo getting ready for release and I had alot of fun with Zafina

:( I was sad to when I learned she wasn't in it.

Dereck

Go to: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TekkenGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Open up Scalability.ini and paste this in:

[PostProcessQuality@2]

[PostProcessQuality@3]
Thanks

dot

..."overdesigned" how? That word is used incredibly too much and it doesn't apply here. You mean, you don't like her normal clothes? That would make more sense.

And she looks fine to me. To each his own.

Yeah she looks fine to me too. Now Hwoarang is the definition of overdesigned lol.

Jaeger

Yeah she looks fine to me too. Now Hwoarang is the definition of overdesigned lol.

Honestly, the only part about his design I don't like is the coat worn over the shoulder. Either have him wear it, or remove it Namco! lol

AAK

I stand by my answer, just because there are other characters easier than Dragunov doesn't disqualify him from being a good option for a beginner.

Top Bottom