• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 Season Pass Roadmap Detailed, Confirms 2 Guest Characters for the game

Confirms 2 Guest Characters for the game
tumblr_o202wa6G7a1rn8um6o1_400.gif

WHAT'S UP Y'ALL

i'm still a bit confused. So how do the new characters that are paid dlc factor into this? Because that season pass only shows the the game modes, costumes, and guest characters.

i'm still a bit confused. So how do the new characters that are paid dlc factor into this? Because that season pass only shows the the game modes, costumes, and guest characters.

Tekken characters will be free, the two non Tekken characters will be part of the paid season pass.

whelp..
I hate season pass..
BUT!
I'm gonna get the collector edition thus getting the season pass bundled, so i'll try to ignore the problem...

_Rob_

I wonder if the guests will be platform specific like Soul Calibur? For example:

PS4 - Gravity Rush: Kat
PC - Gang Beast: Whatever those Plasticine men are called.
X1 - Halo: Master Chief (or Forza Car
tumblr_nfdqv5isJi1r7sijxo2_500.gif
)

Loona

Seeing as we got Gouki....
geese-buffsuit.jpg

Do it Harada.

This - and beyond Harada having explicitely mentioned Geese before, Eliza already has a form of Geese's Reppuken, so that one mechanical issue is already taken care of.

Of course, they haven't specified if the guests come from Bandai Namco or other companies, so that very important issue is still hanging...

Virtua Fighter is a common wish for this, but the differences in the control system might make that a tricky prospect, compared to the adaptation efforts for Gouki (who natively mostly used different buttons for punches and kicks) or someone like Geese (who in most appearances used a 4-button system, not unlock how Tekken does).

Dereck

If it's a Virtua Fighter character then that'll be yet another 3D fighter that has taken the soul of Virtua Fighter and used it for a greater cause.

sasuke_91

I'm aware of that.

I'd like to see more, new and returning, as opposed to guest characters. (Akuma is already enough IMO.)

There will be more characters returning. And they will be free.
These guest characters don't take away slots from returning characters, they're additional.
Do you dislike the whole idea of guest characters?

Pachimari

There will be more characters returning. And they will be free.
These guest characters don't take away slots from returning characters, they're additional.
Do you dislike the whole idea of guest characters?
I wonder if we will get returning characters even after the game's release? I guess so since they've said they'll be free?

I'm also with him, guest characters always suck. The only time I've liked it has been in Dead or Alive 5. But if they add Talim, a DOA or Virtua Fighter character then I'll be all for it.

Pachimari

Damn, i feel bad for you if you like Namco fighting games but also hate guest characters ahah.
I like Tekken. I was fine with Gon and wanted him back for Tag 2, and Akuma is growing on me even though he was one of those Street Fighter characters I didn't like. Those are the only two guest characters in the entire series (I don't see Yoshimitsu as a guest).

I like Tekken. I was fine with Gon and wanted him back for Tag 2, and Akuma is growing on me even though he was one of those Street Fighter characters I didn't like. Those are the only two guest characters in the entire series (I don't see Yoshimitsu as a guest).

I said Namco fighting games, because guests are a huge part of their games (Soul Calibur, Lars in Naruto Shippuden...). Tekken is just back on that trend with Akuma.

kewlmyc

We already have a Street Fighter character in the game, I hope we get other characters for the 2 additional guest characters. Maybe a Soul Calibur and DOA character (would make the most sense and you wouldn't need to change the movesets much). Thinking outside the box, maybe even a Mortal Kombat character or a character from a non-fighting game.

Knowing Harada, we'll get an Idolmaster character.

I need Kiryu from Yakuza in this Tekken.

He fits well in a Tekken game.

That would be sick, but also kinda basic at the same time. Unless he has different stances for each of his playstyles in Yakuza 0.

Top Bottom