• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken (Cross) Street Fighter Announced (PS3/360) - Developed by Namco-Bandai

Captain Pants said:
I'm all about this. This is a dream come true. I'm a huge Tekken fan and most of my friends are Street Fighter people. There have been so many times when I've wanted to take my Lei Wulong up against their best SF characters.

Awesome! Apart from they'll be playing SFxT and you'll be playing TxSF...

geeko

It's nice that they aren't compromising it for either game, so Tekken lovers choose tekken version, and SF players play SF version. Either way its win.

I'm feeling kinda overwhelmed by all these new fighters, MvC3 hasn't even come out yet! Anyways, will definitely buy SFxT, and possibly TxSF. I'd play SF characters in both of them though :lol.

Caj814

LKM1L.jpg

hxa155

darkpaladinmfc said:
I'm feeling kinda overwhelmed by all these new fighters, MvC3 hasn't even come out yet! Anyways, will definitely buy SFxT, and possibly TxSF. I'd play SF characters in both of them though :lol.

I'll buy STxT for Tekken characters and TxST for Street Fighter characters. :D

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Spirit of Jazz said:
Awesome! Apart from they'll be playing SFxT and you'll be playing TxSF...

Nah... we were all nerding out about this, and I think we're all buying copies of both games. I suspect we'll just be swapping discs a lot when we hang out.

Darklord

Banned
They are 2 different games? Ugh, awful idea. Also, Tekken? Really? Eh, I think I'll pass on both and stick with MK and MvC3 for my fighting needs.

I still think everyone will have their projectiles. I mean Devil Jin has a projectile, and tekken bosses has always had some type of projectile.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Where are the images of street fighters in the tekken engine? All I see are tekken fighters in street fighter.

cmon!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Bad_Boy said:
Where are the images of street fighters in the tekken engine? All I see are tekken fighters in street fighter.

cmon!
TxSF inferior to SFxT confirmed. They're already behind in the hype race!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im so hyped im gonna play T6 and SSFIV tonight. :D

Synless said:
That's what I was thinking. I hope that the releases of these are staggered pretty well.

They're making a point to say that they're different games. So with that in mind there would be no reason for them to release them at the same time. They aren't showing any media of Tekken vs. SF yet, so that's likely the one that will come out last.

I have to say this sound interesting even if there is not way I would buy both games.
It reminds me of how DC comics put out a Batman X Spawn comic at the same time Image put out a Spawn X Batman comic and the stories were totally different.

LiK

SolidSnakex said:
They're making a point to say that they're different games. So with that in mind there would be no reason for them to release them at the same time. They aren't showing any media of Tekken vs. SF yet, so that's likely the one that will come out last.

imagine you told someone you wanted this as a gift and they bought the version you didnt want. maybe the covers will be different enough.

Amir0x said:
That's not the first gameplay video.

That's the first gameplay video for STREET FIGHTER (Cross) TEKKEN, which has completely different gameplay and style.

Oops. Sorry about that.

Back on topic. For the love of god Namco, leave tekken force out of this. I understand your sister's retarded brother programs that abomination of a game mode but I would like a certain standard for this game. Versus, online vs and functional practice mode. Focus on these.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
CcrooK said:
No story mode Namco! Learn from your mistakes! Use your damn story theories in arcade mode ala Tekken 5!
tekken without story mode. blasphemer.

TestMonkey said:
Back on topic. For the love of god Namco, leave tekken force out of this. I understand your sister's retarded brother programs that abomination of a game mode but I would like a certain standard for this game. Versus, online vs and functional practice mode. Focus on these.
I think that just means it will have tekken gameplay (3d), and not street fighter gameplay (2d).

Top Bottom