• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken (Cross) Street Fighter Announced (PS3/360) - Developed by Namco-Bandai

delume

Just recently picked up Tekken 6 and though the campaign mode is shockingly bad, with friends the 1v1 is really fun. Hyped about both versions but am desperate to see footage of this now. C'mon Namco, do it. Dooooooooooooo it!

Lumine

Holy shit!

Defenitly getting both.

Is there any footage/screens of this version released yet?

Kazuya looks awesome in SF4 style. :O

I'm thinking either SF x Tekken is further along in development or Namco wants to wait for another venue(TGS maybe) before showing off Tekken x SF.

Namco needs a trailer!

But damn Namco sure does have their work cut out for them making it deep like a normal tekken game. Not to mention it'll probably cost more to develop than capcoms version due to graphical differences.

Bleepey

Man the fighting game renaissance, such a damn twist. I still look forwward to the daddies< MK VS SF and Tekken VS VF. I will pass out when that happens. Man if i get into my masters, and somehow pay for it this year. Lord knows how i will study when a new killer fighting game comes out evey 10 minutes.:lol :lol :lol

Dr. Light

This makes absolutely no sense.

Why isn't this Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter, or better yet Namco vs. Sega (with all that entails)? That makes perfect sense. That fits together. Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat also makes sense. This doesnt.

1. One is 2D, the other 3D.

2. One has fireballs and super moves, one is strictly martial arts.

3. One has big jumps like all 2D fighters, the other has sidestepping.

Either projectiles would be overpowered, or you could sidestep them and they'd be pretty much useless. The two systems simply do not go together. If you're going to give Tekken characters SF-style moves and vice versa, then it bares no resemblence to the original game.

Why not Tekken vs. VF, damnit?

LowParry

The Take Out Bandit said:
Wow, as if Tekken could get uglier; Capcom found the way.

BARF!

Shut up you dirty whore! :lol Bash SF4 all you want but not this!

Dr. Light said:

Why isn't this Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter, or better yet Namco vs. Sega (with all that entails)? That makes perfect sense. That fits together. Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat also makes sense. This doesnt.

1. One is 2D, the other 3D.

2. One has fireballs and super moves, one is strictly martial arts.

3. One has big jumps like all 2D fighters, the other has sidestepping.

Either projectiles would be overpowered, or you could sidestep them and they'd be pretty much useless. The two systems simply do not go together. If you're going to give Tekken characters SF-style moves and vice versa, then it bares no resemblence to the original game.

Why not Tekken vs. VF, damnit?

The gameplay shown seems to answers those questions.

DaBuddaDa

Dr. Light said:

Midway made a friggin' Mortal Kombat versus DC. After that, anything goes :lol

CcrooK said:
Shut up you dirty whore! :lol Bash SF4 all you want but not this!

Wait, the one using the Namco engine could look good. Is there video of that one anywhere?

The Crapcom side is the typical current gen visual abortion.

Namco save us!

andymcc

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
Wait, the one using the Namco engine could look good. Is there video of that one anywhere?

The Crapcom side is the typical current gen visual abortion.

Namco save us!

:lol :lol :lol

at least you're consistent!

AAK

No arcade release??? Seriously? The OP doesn't mention any consoles. Tekken has consistently ranked 1st in Aracadia magazine for years now... I hope this isn't true.

Requeim said:
Buying both even though i'm not really a 2d guy

this is so unique and totally awesome

Same here, except I'll barely touch the Namco version. I just want to support this so I will also pick up Tekken x Capcom. It's a win-win for both sides really, can't wait to see how both versions turn out.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Caj814 said:
LKM1L.jpg

On the left picture, is that a chick or a dude
standing on the right
?

Requeim

Oh and i think the names are terrible

Should have been something along the lines of "Capcom vs. Tekken" for the capcom developed one, and reversed for the other one

Requeim said:
Oh and i think the names are terrible

Should have been something along the lines of "Capcom vs. Tekken" for the capcom developed one, and reversed for the other one

That makes no sense? It's Street Fighter and Tekken. Why Capcom vs Tekken? :lol

Requeim

Pai Pai Master said:
That makes no sense? It's Street Fighter and Tekken. Why Capcom vs Tekken? :lol

I just think it would be easier to tell them apart if it was "Namco vs Street Fighter" and "Capcom vs Tekken"

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Requeim said:
I just think it would be easier to tell them apart if it was "Namco vs Street Fighter" and "Capcom vs Tekken"
what in the hell are you talking about?
more people know stre.... eh forget it.

edit. i just had a brainfart... you are right technicaly it would be better

Xav

Sir Garbageman said:
Slightly off topic but with Namco developing this game and no word at E3 is Soul Calibur 5 not happening?
SoulCalibur IV is only 2 years old, usually a new one comes out every 3 years. Besides the SoulCalibur team is different to that of the Tekken team so the announcement of this game wouldn't really affect SoulCalibur V.

Momar

aka Ryder
Requeim said:

The asymmetry of that makes me want to stab your eyes

edit: besides the obvious fact that it isn't Namco vs Street Fighter, nor is it Capcom vs Tekken. The characters are restricted to Tekken and Street Fighter. That's how that works. Where the hell have you been for the past 15 years?

Beth Cyra

Much more intrested in this game then the other. I enjoyed the look SF IV when it first came out but over time the look has really wore out it's welcome to me, that and I really do find Tekken much more enjoyable to watch then Street Fighter so I am excited to see high level play in this version.

rocK`

Banned
Requeim said:

I'm glad you have no decision rights in this process. This is the dumbest thing I've seen in quite some time.

Prine

Banned
+1 SFxTekken

I cannot stand Tekken gameplay but enjoy the lore. And SF4 is the best fighter i've played. Perfect.

Requeim

I am aware of the fact that you can tell them apart currently and that having a company name implies characters from other games besides the two.

also, calm down, jesus people.

My point is, when your average guy is faced with two almost identical game titles on the shelf he won't really be able to tell them apart, the titles are too samey. I'm not saying my suggestion is great by any means, but it makes it easier to tell them apart at least

Bebpo

Banned
Will be interesting to see how they transform SF characters with a few dozen moves including all normal attacks + special attacks into a 100 move Tekken character. Will have to make up a lot of stuff.

Shurs said:
The lack of media sure takes the wind out of this announcement.

Snk vs. Capcom wasn't shown until waaaaay after Capcom vs. Snk.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
shagg_187 said:
I'll buy both games if they don't have similar roster.

Save Ryu for one game, Save Ken for other, etc etc.

why?..its not like the games will play in a similar fashion.

Top Bottom