• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
During SFV's initial reveal, I thought the game looked great even though a lot of people were comparing it to SFIV.

Then they showed an updated version and I was really stunned with the graphics quality.

And now they've shown an ugly design for Ken and new stages that also have terrible texture work.

I hope it's just that way because it's work in progress and not another Dark Souls 2 situation.

It should improve. The game still has like what 8 months before release? That's a good amount of time but at the same time you have to wonder how much it will improve. I'd hope they'd listen to fan feedback on the matter and make adjustments.

DishonestBlandKingbird.gif

11722143_10153554593272147_4863328713700382401_o.jpg

Guess I am the only one who really likes Ken's redesign. Hair looks a little play dough-ish, but overall I think he looks quite flashy and good. It still has plenty of development time left, so things will probably improve.

What happened to Lars face? Wasn't he considered to be like a pretty boy in Tekken 6 and TTT2?

CI1FJJLWgAAc5Hm.jpg

Also, the only Tekken 7 news I care about is the home console version since arcades are dead to me and nonexistent.

I heard a rumor that Nina might not be back in Tekken 7. Hopefully that isn't true. I expect her to make a reappearance on the roster somehow.

That Pokken fighting game........

I heard it's not coming on any home consoles, but I guess you never know. Honestly, wouldn't the only console that would be able to receive a home conversion be the WII U for the obvious reasons?

AAK

Did you guys see the Polygon video about some of the tech on Lara for Tomb Raider?

http://www.polygon.com/features/201...weWg0djq0ohaGLGLotfrdxbeNebkhLM&ootime=01m09s
^^^
Scroll down and click the video, it's time stamped where they have the character model looking around. Straight away you can see that the hair does not clip with the skeletal modal. And then later on in the video, at the timestamp of 2:12 you can see the fabric stretch and and crease in relation to the skeletal movement. It would look pretty sick for a fighting game where all these nuances can really be noticed.

Maybe that kind of stuff isn't possible on Unreal Engine... but looking at that does kind of make me sad Tekken will never have the kind of fidelity on its cloth and hair physics based on Namco's design philosophy for the series.

EDIT:

setno doing an interview with TMM;
http://www.twitch.tv/setnomessej

I really should get off GAF and go back to work haha

AAK

Dead or Alive 5 manages to avoid hair clipping for the most part... but I guess you are right about the priority on frame-rate for the other stuff.

Sayah

I want Dead or Alive 6.
And Virtua Fighter 6.
And SoulCalibur 6.

Until these games come along, I don't think Tekken 7 is going to be topped as far as best fighting game graphics go. The reason I won't put SFV higher is because Tekken 7 is accomplishing a lot more. The 3D arenas are very vast and the stages have mutliple levels. The character modeling could be better but it still looks really phenomenal.

I was watching this in 1080p/60fps on Kane's channel and am stunned at how good this looks. This fidelity is what Namco needs to show off. A lot of the videos they've posted on the official Tekken channel don't show this visual fidelity.

AAK

I would put Tekken 7 above SFV if there they remove or at least disable the customization system.

EDIT: Actually, just get rid of all the recycled customs from TTT2 and keep the T7 unique ones (even though there is only one per character)...

EDIT2: Screw it, just get rid of the custom systems completely and make the 1P outfit the same, and make the 2P outfit that single T7 unique custom.

Sayah

I would put Tekken 7 above SFV if there they remove or at least disable the customization system.

EDIT: Actually, just get rid of all the recycled customs from TTT2 and keep the T7 unique ones (even though there is only one per character)...

EDIT2: Screw it, just get rid of the custom systems completely and make the 1P outfit the same, and make the 2P outfit that single T7 unique custom.

I agree with you there. The customizations really ruin the look for the most partk. But not looking at customs, the game is at the very top if we want to look at fighting game visuals. Each stage has its own amazing transitions and I really have to give props to the stage design team. The way the rain starts or the stage changes from walled to infinite during Round 3 is truly some great work.

I actually think MKX has the best models right now. But the animation sucks (imo) and some of the art direction i am not a fan of. They look super detailed though.

T7 looks awesome in motion. That animation is so good for the most part.

I am sure sf5 will look great animation eise when it comes out next year and effects are great. The actual models look pretty good to me. Different. I wouldn't say clay people,but still like action figures.

Cant wait for sc6 or injustice 2 to see what they do graphics wise.

Sayah

Now making it a routine to practice stick. Having difficulty with f,f and qcf motions still. Don't even want to think about giant swing or poison mist yet. lol.
I actually think MKX has the best models right now. But the animation sucks (imo) and some of the art direction i am not a fan of. They look super detailed though.

T7 looks awesome in motion. That animation is so good for the most part.

I am sure sf5 will look great animation eise when it comes out next year and effects are great. The actual models look pretty good to me. Different. I wouldn't say clay people,but still like action figures.

Cant wait for sc6 or injustice 2 to see what they do graphics wise.

SoulCalibur always tends to be on the high end for graphics.
SCV is the best looking from last gen.

Pachimari

Oh man this sucks, for those of us kind of collecting the Tekken line of Kotobukiya figures. The brand is now Tekken 7 instead of Tekken Tag 2, and so Lucky Chloe is next. Which highly likely means, that they're gonna skip Angel, Michelle and Kunimitsu. =(

I'm super happy about the Lucky Chloe figure, just wanted those classics more.

Sayah

Day 3 of using stick. I'm doing a lot better. Got qcf motions down and able to do them more consistently than before. Though, stick is made harder by the fact that hand motions have to be adjusted based on whether you're on 1P side or 2P side.

Anna also seems to be the perfect character for practicing qcf and f,f motions.

First was just mashing qcf+1 on both sides randomly until I got it. Now gonna try different combos. Maybe CH qcf+1, qcf+1, f+1, qcf+1, f+3,2, qcf+2,1.

Will work on f,f motions after that.

Day 3 of using stick. I'm doing a lot better. Got qcf motions down and able to do them more consistently than before. Though, stick is made harder by the fact that hand motions have to be adjusted based on whether you're on 1P side or 2P side.

Anna also seems to be the perfect character for practicing qcf and f,f motions.

First was just mashing qcf+1 on both sides randomly until I got it. Now gonna try different combos. Maybe CH qcf+1, qcf+1, f+1, qcf+1, f+3,2, qcf+2,1.

Will work on f,f motions after that.

In my head I image Sayah is like this

tumblr_njls2lVjCk1qg98wdo1_1280.png

The count down to be decent on stick before the location test.

AAK

Yo Sayah, I'm doing a lot of unsafe stuff with Leo on purpose against you, I want you to try and get used to blocking and punishing on stick since that is one of th basics.

DEATH™

ZTS banned again? Don't tell me he got banned because of just saying that... That's just typical "Hey I'm available" post TZ-style...

Edit

sdcc2015img3.jpg

Man, this LC design is SOOOOO MUCH BETTER. Fits her breakdancing style too.

Why change it into a tutu?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
DEATH™;171613145 said:
ZTS banned again? Don't tell me he got banned because of just saying that... That's just typical "Hey I'm available" post TZ-style...

Edit

sdcc2015img3.jpg

Yeah, what? Why couldn't that be Lucky Chloe?

Creaking

That would be nice and all, but I still have to see the "official" Lucky Chloe in all the CG and promo materials and whatnot. :[

Manbig

Unless my friend decides to be a lazy mother fucker, I'm gonna hit up the 42nd st Dave and Busters tomorrow to check this dumb game out.

DEATH™

Unless my friend decides to be a lazy mother fucker, I'm gonna hit up the 42nd st Dave and Busters tomorrow to check this dumb game out.

Be sure to spam toe kicks. New Backrolling animation is bad spacing wise.

Also, check out Gigas if he's worthy to be called a grappler lol

sasuke_91

DEATH™;171613145 said:

Edit

sdcc2015img3.jpg

ZTS got banned? What does everyone have against him? o_O

LC looks sooo much better like that. That tutu irritates me...

Degen

They should just change her to that for the US version

DEATH™;171621311 said:
Be sure to spam toe kicks. New Backrolling animation is bad spacing wise.

Also, check out Gigas if he's worthy to be called a grappler lol

of course he'll check out his main! Gigas is True Marduk

Creaking

Looks so much better without the giant paws and tutu and generally toned down "LOOK AT ME IM A CAT NYA"-ness.

Sayah

ZTS banned for calling neogaf insecure? Hope it's not perma. Apparently this site doesn't tolerate any criticism levied against it?

Wait, it's coming to Dave and Busters tomorrow? When? There's literally no news about this. How does Namco expect people to show up if they're not going to promote this. I only knew about the Round 1 locations getting this game because of a Tasty Steve tweet.

DEATH™;171613145 said:

Edit

sdcc2015img3.jpg

Why couldn't this be the default? Just take off the headphones and I'll take it.

Manbig

Wait, it's coming to Dave and Busters tomorrow? When? There's literally no news about this. How does Namco expect people to show up if they're not going to promote this. I only knew about the Round 1 locations getting this game because of a Tasty Steve tweet.

You seem to have a case of short term memory. :p

OH MAAAAN.
I JUST READ THE ATP ARTICLE!!!!!!
IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!

Thought Famicom was being sarcastic, lol.

Edit: I have to find another apartment soon. Won't find anything cheap near 42nd street but I'm gonna look anyway.

Edit 2: I take back everything said above. Sorry for the people that can't play it still. But I can now so I can't be mad. :) :) :) :)

Edit 3: I am totally right. Tekken 7 is making me bipolar.

Edit 4: It's a location test but I imagine they will keep the arcade cabs there if it's successful.

They set it up like a day or two ago.

Sayah

But the ATP article didn't mention any specific dates for each location. Only that it was coming this month with more details to follow up. I was still waiting on those details.

As far as I know there hasn't been any confirmation for an exact date for D&B locations.

Only the Round 1 locations got the cabs so far (I think). Wonkey please confirm.

Manbig

Well it doesn't matter at this point because I can confirm that it is indeed at 42nd street. GM and Inkog have already been playing it.

But the ATP article didn't mention any specific dates for each location. Only that it was coming this month with more details to follow up. I was still waiting on those details.

As far as I know there hasn't been any confirmation for an exact date for D&B locations.

Only the Round 1 locations got the cabs so far (I think). Wonkey please confirm.

What you're waiting on me? Just go & check up at the nearest place right now haha. I never got the detail follow-ups so I can't confirm myself. I imagine it must be difficult to co-ordinate something like this throughout various regions.

So uh yeah.... GO GO GO!!!

Sayah

What you're waiting on me? Just go & check up at the nearest place right now haha. I never got the detail follow-ups so I can't confirm myself. I imagine it must be difficult to co-ordinate something like this throughout various regions.

So uh yeah.... GO GO GO!!!
It's namcos job to announce the dates for each test for each location. You can't just say here's the locations, wait for more details and then not announce anything.

Well it doesn't matter at this point because I can confirm that it is indeed at 42nd street. GM and Inkog have already been playing it.
Ahhhhh!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Namco with that bad communication. How are people supposed to know?

And now I've missed two days. Will have to see if I can make it tomorrow.

So annoyed.

Sayah

You should know Wonkey , I check your twitter at least once a day to stay updated. That's how I knew about the tasty Steve post. But you didn't know about D&B location s getting the game either apparently.

Namco gonna be like America wasn't a success. Oh wait, we didn't even bother to give dates and times. Is a genie supposed to come and tell me?

This games marketing and promotion......how do I even describe it.

Gambit61

I'm guessing no one knows when the NYC T7 test will end. I didn't think it would be up and running so soon. I hope I can try it out next weekend since I'm working all week :(.

I went to Round One COI last Friday 7/3, no T7 yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom