• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get your point and I agree with you, but I think that AT THIS POINT complaining has become a little annoying.
Complaining about the lack of new costumes was cool, complaining about the lack of innovation was cool (it still is), complaining about the lack of new animations was cool, but at this point people just complain because they seem to be used to it or something.

I don't agree with that "we shouldn't complain because there are people who have nothing" mentality, but as I said, complaining about T7 sometimes seems like some First World Problems shit.

Well, Neogaf in general is first world problems. But we shouldn't fill the entire thread with complaining I agree.

Since we're in the period between games, I don't think there anything wrong with some off topic discussion, we're all Tekken players in the end.

GrayFoxPL

We don't have problems with Tekken 7.

Because we don't have Tekken 7.

wgeJLRt.gif

Fraeon

Um, hi! Haven't posted here for a while. Mostly because I'd contribute nothing to the whole conversation about Bamco still not bothering to give us a release date for the console version for (any version of) Tekken 7. That topic is kind of old and pretty much every time it comes up I go "well, I'm sure Tekken 7 is a great game if it existed"

Regardless, I've still been plugging away, hosting Finnish/European online tournaments for Tag 2. In fact, it's been exactly a year we started hosting these tournaments.

So, apparently a tournament in Sweden is going to have Tekken 7. Probably the Biiruken crew will be there. Likely a lot of other Finnish Tekken folks as well, as getting to play Tekken 7 is a rare treat in Europe.

Outside of tournaments, though, I haven't touched much of Tekken Tag 2 these days. I mostly play SF5 and now that Dark Souls III is out, I play that too.

Numb

So, apparently a tournament in Sweden is going to have Tekken 7. Probably the Biiruken crew will be there. Likely a lot of other Finnish Tekken folks as well, as getting to play Tekken 7 is a rare treat in Europe.

How did i not know about this. I might actually get to play T7 sometime this decade? Shieeeet
Making plans

jA9lcoH.gif

Hitting up the homies...

701590_loop-the-simpsons-homer-telephone-calling-dial.gif

None of these niggas can be trusted for shit

AAK

Nice to hear from you Fraeon, hope you guys enjoy the Swedish gather for T7.

Also didn't get the chance to tell Tera in the discord chat but congrats on completing Nursing school!

Edit: BTW Sayah if you're reading this... Up for more RE6 today?

GrayFoxPL

Also didn't get the chance to tell Tera in the discord chat but congrats on completing Nursing school!

Congrats from me too.

We're all gonna need nursing by the time Tekken 7 comes out.

Sayah

Congrats Tera!!

Now the real fun begins.

Just read this, lol.

But glad I caught you on Discord. RE6 is FUUUUN! Game is waaaay underrated. I think the reason this game got shat on is because of the lighting. Game is a completely different experience once you mess with the brightness/display settings and get it running properly. Graphics so amazing - and the lighting, wooosh.

Congrats from me too.

LMAOOOOO

AAK

^^^
That is just boss. Demon Wings to end a round is too good.

But glad I caught you on Discord. RE6 is FUUUUN! Game is waaaay underrated. I think the reason this game got shat on is because of the lighting. Game is a completely different experience once you mess with the brightness/display settings and get it running properly. Graphics so amazing - and the lighting, wooosh.

Real talk, I can't believe that game came out in 2012. The chapter we just played was like TLOU's intro but spread to what felt like more than 2 hours. But I can tell you though, playing the game solo is pretty bad. Having a real life partner playing the game with you takes away magnitudes upon magnitudes of the frustration that could pile up on you. Especially when I was first playing through that Chris Campaign before giving up.

GrayFoxPL

That boy got fuckin' thrashed

CFALlN3.gif

Destruction Nation!

Source?

Btw Resident Evil 6 got shat on because it had as much to do with Resident Evil as Tekken Card had with actual Tekken. Previous RE games already been criticized for going away from survival horror formula but what they did with RE6 was just turning the game into cinematic shooting gallery with insane amounts of QTE. RE6 on launch was so shitty they patched out and toned down half of QTE chores. Fans just face palmed at this game. Other then that yeah it had fun control system, mercs and online co-op.

It's not a bad game for what it is, It's just incredibly awful RE game.

Sayah

I wanted to play RE6 but I guess it's too late now. Let me know if you're still up for it AAK. Work has been extremely busy so I'm getting home late on most nights recently.

Congrats from me too.

Congrats Tera!!

Now the real fun begins.

Just read this, lol.

LMAOOOOO
Thanks everyone.

Even with all the complaining we're doing, Harriet Tubman's face will be on the $20 dollar bill and T7 still won't be out.

Numb

Damn... he made Kalak fall for everything. And Kalak is a monster as well.
Harry Potter is pretty aggressive by the way.

Who are these players? Those baits.

GrayFoxPL, wanna play? Haven't played you in a few months lol
Im down for a few
dont mind my rust since last we played

AAK

I wanted to play RE6 but I guess it's too late now. Let me know if you're still up for it AAK. Work has been extremely busy so I'm getting home late on most nights recently.

No worries man. I'm getting so much fulfillment with our sessions in RE6 that I don't mind waiting it out until we can play with no stress. I check the discord app every couple of hours on my phone so post up when you're free!

Yeah I got till the score was around 5-4 or 5-5 and then I had to sleep. The intensity of each of those guys dashing into each other's faces was too good. The Mishima player is also using Qudans's team of Kaz/DJ which is cool since it's not as common. But from the first 30 to 40 minutes I did watch there were soooo many missed electric inputs where El was trying to whiff or block punish. Part of being a Mishima player I suppose.

Did Tekken 7 steal a super from Street Fighter 3?

Did it?

A little late to the party aye? :p It's being called the Q super ever since the first Loc Test.

Numb

Thanks.

Ggs man. Funny and intense. I was at the edge of my seat more than once. You didn't seem rusty at all.
I dropped a few and didn't take advantage of 3 I remember
Usually autopilot those but had a brain fart
Need more practice
Your grab breaking has improved even more from last time. Damn I think I managed twice and the rest were broken

sasuke_91

I dropped a few and didn't take advantage of 3 I remember
Usually autopilot those but had a brain fart
Need more practice
Your grab breaking has improved even more from last time. Damn I think I managed twice and the rest were broken
You usually went for 1+2 grabs, so I didn't have to react to anything but the throw animation. When you played King you went for different throws. I'm usually prepared for Giant Swings but they're just way too fast :p

Numb

You usually went for 1+2 grabs, so I didn't have to react to anything but the throw animation. When you played King you went for different throws. I'm usually prepared for Giant Swings but they're just way too fast :p
You right
I should mix them up. Too used to the advantage they give

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom