• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I guess he hasn't played against many Claudios before?

43 is still kind of annoying along with f+3, haha. Overly used by Claudio players sometimes, my friends and I have a game in which we count the number of f+2 we see being used in a match.

Still, no where near as BS as Shaheen is.

They are overused because they are some of his few safe viable moves. His other good CH moves d/f+2 and b+1 are both as negative as a hopkick -13. f+3 is all he has for a safe mid that is sub 20 frames with decent damage.

He has very limited moveset in competitive play which I wan them to fix in FR so he is A) more fun to play & B) more fun to watch. A simple changing of the risk reward on some of his moves I feel would do wonders for that.

GrayFoxPL

Good games, Sasuke, Grayfox.

Quite happy with how i did today---- in some sets. Less so in others, aha.

Good games SquirrelSoup. Dunno why we couldn't connect but when I checked ranked it run well, no disconnects.

I'm rusty but did ok I think. I got thrown billion times, lol. You got nice Lili. That mixup with knee that goes into low stomp but you going for mid smash instead is really smart. Very hard to react.

Good games SquirrelSoup. Dunno why we couldn't connect but when I checked ranked it run well, no disconnects.

I'm rusty but did ok I think. I got thrown billion times, lol. You got nice Lili. That mixup with knee that goes into low stomp but you going for mid smash instead is really smart. Very hard to react.

I really went on tilt in some matches and you just dunked me hard, three rounds in a row. I need to learn to relaaaax when that starts happening i think. Hard to do after you eat a couple Paul counterhits though. You're good at making health vanish just like that.

GrayFoxPL

I really went on tilt in some matches and you just dunked me hard, three rounds in a row. I need to learn to relaaaax when that starts happening i think. Hard to do after you eat a couple Paul counterhits though. You're good at making health vanish just like that.

I can only advice you to use more moves like that qcf+3+4 double spin kick that's plus on block or qcf+3, that slide. Not sure about the notations, lol. Oh and when you block Paul's d+4 sweep you can launch him every time with ws+2.

Paul hits like a truck, but you just gotta remember I really love those deathfists and shredders so watch for them, block and attack right away.

I can only advice you to use more moves like that qcf+3+4 double spin kick that's plus on block or qcf+3, that slide. Not sure about the notations, lol. Oh and when you block Paul's d+4 sweep you can launch him every time with ws+2.

Paul hits like a truck, but you just gotta remember I really love those deathfists and shredders so watch for them, block and attack right away.

Oh yeah, i just want to say: feck those shredders. lol

GrayFoxPL

Oh yeah, i just want to say: feck those shredders. lol

lol love'em because unlike hopkick if first hit whiffs the second will probably not, low crush lasts for half an hour.

I'd love to have Paul's daughter alongside the old man. Few similar moves but altogether different character.

sasuke_91

Congrats ZTS! I still have to watch the matches, but making Rip salty sounds like you did a good job :p
I know who I'll be asking for tips if I ever think about playing Claudio.

Good games Squirrel. You got me good today. T6 was laggier than usual though, I wonder why.
I shouldn't have picked an execution monster like Steve in our first match. I'm still kind of rusty :p My throw break was also a little better at some point.

My internet provider seems to have fucked something up. I basically have 2 routers connected to each other, which isn't really clever, but there's nothing I can do about it because my provider forces me to use their modem/router. They only have a really crappy "Technicolor" one which has no UPnP, DMZ or anything else that would make playing Online easier. It also has no Bridge mode for whatever reason.
My PS3 is connected to a Netgear router I bought myself and up to this point (for 2 years basically) I had no problem whatsoever. Yesterday though I wasn't able to connect to PSN and tried to open my router's settings. Turns out I can't. The only router I can connect to is the Technicolor one, regardless of which router I'm hooked up to.
Had to set up port forwarding because it would block the necessary ports and it was an ordeal because that shit can't even open multiple ports for whatever reason. So annoying!
I guess I'll have to give them a call or something...

Dereck

My character roster for Tekken 7 from 5 months ago.

I don't like it much anymore.

9x0u2n4.png

GrayFoxPL

Congrats ZTS! I still have to watch the matches, but making Rip salty sounds like you did a good job :p
I know who I'll be asking for tips if I ever think about playing Claudio.

Good games Squirrel. You got me good today. T6 was laggier than usual though, I wonder why.
I shouldn't have picked an execution monster like Steve in our first match. I'm still kind of rusty :p My throw break was also a little better at some point.

My internet provider seems to have fucked something up. I basically have 2 routers connected to each other, which isn't really clever, but there's nothing I can do about it because my provider forces me to use their modem/router. They only have a really crappy "Technicolor" one which has no UPnP, DMZ or anything else that would make playing Online easier. It also has no Bridge mode for whatever reason.
My PS3 is connected to a Netgear router I bought myself and up to this point (for 2 years basically) I had no problem whatsoever. Yesterday though I wasn't able to connect to PSN and tried to open my router's settings. Turns out I can't. The only router I can connect to is the Technicolor one, regardless of which router I'm hooked up to.
Had to set up port forwarding because it would block the necessary ports and it was an ordeal because that shit can't even open multiple ports for whatever reason. So annoying!
I guess I'll have to give them a call or something...

The first net provider give me crappy router-modem, so I just wrote down what basic settings it runs on, threw that shit away and used my own router-modem.

Can you do that?

Now I have optical fiber and those new guys are very sensitive on using their own router modem device. I can understand that because that shit has cable tv setup and shit, but what I don't understand is that that they don't allow access to router to anyone. Like everyone is a fucking idiot and will mess up the settings. I had to explain them I'm disabled and need to have option to reset router from pc if it goes down late night or something. I took a look in the settings and it's a fucking normal router shit. Over the years I experiment so much on my old routers I know this, lol. They are acting like it's some magic fragile hardware, so no touchy! I didn't change the settings because they monitor all this shit from the "base" and they'll go apeshit but honestly I don't really have to - the psn works better then my old setup unless console has HDCP on, then nothing works.

sasuke_91

The first net provider give me crappy router-modem, so I just wrote down what basic settings it runs on, threw that shit away and used my own router-modem.

Can you do that?

Now I have optical fiber and those new guys are very sensitive on using their own router modem device. I can understand that because that shit has cable tv setup and shit, but what I don't understand is that that they don't allow access to router to anyone. Like everyone is a fucking idiot and will mess up the settings. I had to explain them I'm disabled and need to have option to reset router from pc if it goes down late night or something. I took a look in the settings and it's a fucking normal router shit. Over the years I experiment so much on my old routers I know this, lol. They are acting like it's some magic fragile hardware, so no touchy! I didn't change the settings because they monitor all this shit from the "base" and they'll go apeshit but honestly I don't really have to - the psn works better then my old setup unless console has HDCP on, then nothing works.

I can't use my own modem. They force me to use theirs. I also asked for a cable modem they used to give out in the past but they only give out the router-modem now (so dumb).
Gave them a call earlier and it seems like many people have been calling for the same issue lately. They'll see what they can do, maybe send a technician if the problem is on my end. I hope it works soon.

"Every customer is dumb" is probably the thought process of many PC/notebook manufacturers as well. HP blocked 90% of my notebook's BIOS settings. I can basically set up the time/date and boot order, that's it... It's annoying!

AllenShrz

I feel that Im about to go into a rabbit hole...

There are some arcade sticks on which for I cant perform at all EWFGs, and others which I can do them all day long with my eyes closed.

Ive tired to ask the guys that work at the arcades to tell me which brand they are using but they seem a bit reluctant to answer.

Ive noticed that on more "flimsy" sticks I perform much better than on "stiff" ones.

In my hose I use the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 , which I find it more on the "middle", any recommendations for a more "flimsy" one?

RIP still salty about Claudio

Dunno why he's so concerned about Claudio still. It's not like he is going to fight another Claudio as good as mine at the rest of the events. Renikon is the only other solid Claudio IMO in the west but he also plays Lucky Chloe. Weapon X plays Claudio as a secondary but his is far less refined than Reno's.

Also by the time he plays my Claudio again A.) It will be FR B.) I'll be even better with Claudio.

Numb

Dunno why he's so concerned about Claudio still. It's not like he is going to fight another Claudio as good as mine at the rest of the events. Renikon is the only other solid Claudio IMO in the west but he also plays Lucky Chloe. Weapon X plays Claudio as a secondary but his is far less refined than Reno's.

Also by the time he plays my Claudio again A.) It will be FR B.) I'll be even better with Claudio.
Talking about claudio so good he might pick him (probably a joke) on ATP
Birthday lose got to him
He is just not used to the new character it feels like tbh

B.) I'll be even better with Claudio.
lol

Pachimari

Lucky Chloe is amazing to play with. She feels so good, maybe even better than the capoeiras. Gigas is also an okay addition. I actually think all of the newcomers are pretty solid. Just add Lei and JayCee.

GrayFoxPL

They are sweating to finish FR before Evo so they put characters on hold. :/

Wonder when we get news on that front. Console trailer? Get that Lee, Raven, Miguel and some kind of Lei hybrid(without low stance) in this.

We're just in dull as shit point in time. No news, no nothing.

Numb

They are sweating to finish FR before Evo so they put characters on hold. :/

Wonder when we get news on that front. Console trailer? Get that Lee, Raven, Miguel and some kind of Lei hybrid(without low stance) in this.

We're just in dull as shit point in time. No news, no nothing.

New characters are hype but only care about a release date at this point

Talking about claudio so good he might pick him (probably a joke) on ATP
Birthday lose got to him
He is just not used to the new character it feels like tbh

lol

What is there to understand about the character? You fight him pretty much the same way you fight Bruce. He has one super good mid that is safe & his good lows are either launch punishable or telegraphed & none of them knock down. Comparing Claudio to Bruce is unfair though cause Bruce is waaaay better than Claudio.

Numb

Ralease date is: "It's Capcom's turn."

It's always Capcom's turn.

Maybe Capcom should publish Tekken.
damn

What is there to understand about the character? You fight him pretty much the same way you fight Bruce. He has one super good mid that is safe & his good lows are either launch punishable or telegraphed & none of them knock down. Comparing Claudio to Bruce is unfair though cause Bruce is waaaay better than Claudio.
RIP didn't see it that sadly

I feel that Im about to go into a rabbit hole...

There are some arcade sticks on which for I cant perform at all EWFGs, and others which I can do them all day long with my eyes closed.

Ive tired to ask the guys that work at the arcades to tell me which brand they are using but they seem a bit reluctant to answer.

Ive noticed that on more "flimsy" sticks I perform much better than on "stiff" ones.

In my hose I use the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 , which I find it more on the "middle", any recommendations for a more "flimsy" one?

Did you try asking here?

Sayah

Last time they had a 'fighting/wrestling' multiplatform title i got all hopeful too but it turned out to be Naruto ;/

Yeah, definitely wouldn't recommend anyone to get excited. It's probably the next DragonBall Z game since Xenoverse did so well.

Wouldn't make any sense for Tekken 7 to be there when it won't even have released in arcades by E3.

Hey ZTS, RIP commented on your match, https://www.twitch.tv/levelupyourgame/v/65569861 at 2h:14m

Good salty levels on the video
still, kind of agree what F+3 should not be as spamable as is, Claudio is kinda boring to fight against, I mean no offence

Already watched it. F+3 is -9 on block and i18 to hit. It's not some god move but it's 100% his best move and one of his few safe ones. Until they make more of his move list viable that's pretty much what you are going to see.

Sayah

So if Tekken 7 FR also releases digitally on PS4 alongside with the arcade version and follows the same monetary model as the arcade version, how many of you would be willing to start playing the game?

It's very anti-consumer but I would be on board for playing Tekken 7.

GrayFoxPL

So if Tekken 7 FR also releases digitally on PS4 alongside with the arcade version and follows the same monetary model as the arcade version, how many of you would be willing to start playing the game?

Wouldn't make sense for them from business perspective since they want those arcade coins flowing as long as possible.

EDIT: Wait, you mean pay2play? Wow. I can see the outrage, could be done though..

It would ruin the gameplay because no one would risk experimenting with characters plus ragequit galore.

I just imagined situation when Sasuke asks me to play and say I can't because I don't have any money left this month, hahah.

What would make sense is them releasing VANILLA T7 on consoles while FR was flowing in arcades.

I know, we would be pissed.

But they made a big mistake not giving us even poor beta-demo or at least build up on Revolution that they dropped as soon as some wise guy said: "Hey. We could do T7 from this and cash in big time!"

AllenShrz

Oh god no, just imagine the amount lag switchs and nonsense like that, a dollar the game.

AAK

I would.

I would never play a ranked game and there would definitely be an extremely limited amount of games I can play but I could at least discover the game. Sure a lot of people will bitch, but no one is forcing them to invest. At least there is some avenue for the rest of the world to experience the game. And it's still the same amount of money we'd have to spend if D&B/R1 bought arcade machines except all of Europe and North America w/ an Internet connection can access the game with a peripheral of their choosing rather than flying out to a city that purchased one machine that must be played using a Sanwa joystick against people with a massive skill gap.

But there would need to be some way to play offline (like some amount of $$/hour or something like that for tournaments and local sessions). They also need to get rid of the load times when you do a rematch the same way it is for Soul Calibur.

Another thing, this version shouldn't have '7' in the name. It should just be Tekken: Fated Retribution. Save the '7' for the actual console release w/ the story so the casuals don't feel like they're missing out.

Also, PC+console please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom