• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Ragearts do break armour, and i thiiiiink that includes other ragearts.

The first rage art wins. Every time, unless the 2nd has some odd crush properties?

Like Steves being high would go over Lucky Chloe's? Someone should test that.

Other than that, only odd glitches like Ninas breath seems to break RAs.

So I finally managed to find a bit of time to practice on an arcade stick recently, and I have a question regarding korean bdc. So I originally was doing bb followed by qcb,b etc to backdash cancel, but I realised recently that this is considered a shortcut and so started practicing the 'proper way'. My question is why is it that when I input the proper notation (B,B,D/B, B(D/B) B(D/B) etc.) it doesn't seem to backdash cancel. But, when I input an extra b it does. I've put in a couple of pics for the sake of clarity (sorry for the bad quality).

Supposed proper notation which does nothing for me:

IMG_1123_zpsjmet67yp.jpg

Extra back which makes it bdc:

IMG_1124_zpsdxpiby53.jpg

So I finally managed to find a bit of time to practice on an arcade stick recently, and I have a question regarding korean bdc. So I originally was doing bb followed by qcb,b etc to backdash cancel, but I realised recently that this is considered a shortcut and so started practicing the 'proper way'. My question is why is it that when I input the proper notation (B,B,D/B, B(D/B) B(D/B) etc.) it doesn't seem to backdash cancel. But, when I input an extra b it does. I've put in a couple of pics for the sake of clarity (sorry for the bad quality).
what is your char visually doing when you try it the proper way?
it should be (b,b,d/b,b,N, b,d/b,b,N, b,d/b,b,N.....) just for clarity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KFDTpaDBjE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5k1mrU1RuU

what is your char visually doing when you try it the proper way?
it should be (b,b,d/b,b,N, b,d/b,b,N, b,d/b,b,N.....) just for clarity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KFDTpaDBjE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5k1mrU1RuU

My character just sort of jerks without the back movement. I think it may be something to do with my initial B when doing b,d/b,b, because when I push the stick down to d/b and realease it sort of does the notation for me. Don't really think about the back notation. Thanks for the videos btw, they seem handy.

sasuke_91

When I do BDC, I press b,b and buffer the second b into d/b, so the second b is more of a thumb motion than the press of a button.

When I do BDC, I press b,b and buffer the second b into d/b, so the second b is more of a thumb motion than the press of a button.
I think that's probably where I'm going wrong, my hand motion sorta does the whole notation, so the b, d/b, b. I don't even have to conscounsly think much about anything aside from the first bb.

Rajang

My character just sort of jerks without the back movement. I think it may be something to do with my initial B when doing b,d/b,b, because when I push the stick down to d/b and realease it sort of does the notation for me. Don't really think about the back notation. Thanks for the videos btw, they seem handy.

Stop trying to do it too fast.

Don't let your movement stop you from playing us. You'll always be working on movement.

Haha well I won't wait until I get perfect, but I at least wanna get to a point were I can sort of play without having to think to much about moving. Having used a controller for all these years, I'm still not quite used to using an arcade stick yet.

LowParry

Will do.

Thanks for the advice btw guys, I will get the hang of movement one day, and when that time comes I'll play you gaffers
who will all likely wreck me :D

Funny thing is on movement, the wife prefers her movement with sidesteps. Like a lot. And it works in a way. Just keep playing. Enjoy the game and in time, things just sort of click and it all makes sense. And yes, it's good to get your ass handed to you from time to time.

Story assist button sounds like GG's stylish mode, though perhaps without the autocombos. Regardless, probably useful for true beginners. Good addition.

sasuke_91

8 weeks from now I will say that I played t7 for an hour, it will sound strange.

8 weeks from now I will say that I still haven't touched the game at all.

Story assist button sounds like GG's stylish mode, though perhaps without the autocombos. Regardless, probably useful for true beginners. Good addition.

Yep, Stylish Mode was the first thing I thought of.

Hell it's useful for those who might wanna cheese through Story Mode to get any unlocks or just to say we have it done.

True true

GrayFoxPL

BDC is for sissies!

Can't do it right anyway. :p

You guys going black out before game releases?

I'm sure story mode is shit but I don't want everything spoiled.

Nuszka

I will do my best to see as little as i can. But i like to get spoiled a bit. If story mode will be confirmed poop i might just watch it on YT beforehand and when the game unlocks i will go straight to the main course.
8 weeks from now I will say that I still haven't touched the game at all.
Are you not getting it day one ? Would be fun to do long sessions online or even party chat with some folk here.

GrayFoxPL

I need to fix my connection before T7. Shit is too restrictive. Worst, my internet provider is paranoic as fuck they don't want anyone to access the routers. For years digging in routers I learnt most of the settings by myself. I can set up shit but these guys are monitoring everything. Once I set up static IP and dmz for my PS4 they'll start calling me and shit. But I can't stand this anymore. I can't connect to any room in KOF14. It's awful.

just buy a separate router and port forward to the routers IP address

router A (192.168.0.1) dmz (if you can) -> Router B (192.168.0.20) new default gateway of 192.168.1.1 and set up DMZ for ps4 on 192.168.1.xx

GrayFoxPL

router A (192.168.0.1) dmz (if you can) -> Router B (192.168.0.20) new default gateway of 192.168.1.1 and set up DMZ for ps4 on 192.168.1.xx

Nice, but wouldn't that be laggy going through two routers?

Anyway I'll try to dmz ps4 on this and see if they go apeshit.

For a fighting game story mode? Ha ha. No.

I'll just suffer through whatever 4-6 hours of it. Maybe it'll unlock something.

Kazuya's karate pants or it isn't worth shit.

sasuke_91

Are you not getting it day one ? Would be fun to do long sessions online or even party chat with some folk here.

I'll probably miss the first weekend because I pre-ordered from UK. Missed my chance to pre-order from Gamestop for 9,99€ + 2 games.
If they send it early enough I MIGHT get it Day One (I won't).

Nice, but wouldn't that be laggy going through two routers?

Anyway I'll try to dmz ps4 on this and see if they go apeshit.

Connecting the router your provider gave you to another router without setting up Bridge Mode shoots up your Ping quite a lot.
I do the same and connected my second router to my PS3 and PS4 because I have no other choice. I get about 12ms Ping like that.

Numb

Got regular Tekken 7 version on PC and decided to get the deluxe on PS4 and went to the store

''I wanna preorder Tekken 7''

''There are 3 versions,sir. Which one do you want?''

''What versions?''

''We got regular,Deluxe and the collectors edition''

''What are the prices?''

''Regular is 70 bucks and the deluxe is 110 bucks''

''I see
full
''

''Do you wanna know the price of the Collectors edition?''

''I think i'm good''

''...''

''...''

''...''

''I'll take the Deluxe version
full
''

Turned in 3 games and that shit still came to 55 bucks

sasuke_91

This doesn't make sense though. Just buy the regular version and buy the Season Pass for 25€. The additional 15€ don't make sense.

Rajang

Got regular Tekken 7 version on PC and decided to get the deluxe on PS4 and went to the store

''I wanna preorder Tekken 7''

''There are 3 versions,sir. Which one do you want?''

''What versions?''

''We got regular,Deluxe and the collectors edition''

''What are the prices?''

''Regular is 70 bucks and the deluxe is 110 bucks''

''I see
full
''

''Do you wanna know the price of the Collectors edition?''

''I think i'm good''

''...''

''...''

''...''

''I'll take the Deluxe version
full
''

Turned in 3 games and that shit still came to 55 bucks

LOL

I need to fix my connection before T7. Shit is too restrictive. Worst, my internet provider is paranoic as fuck they don't want anyone to access the routers. For years digging in routers I learnt most of the settings by myself. I can set up shit but these guys are monitoring everything. Once I set up static IP and dmz for my PS4 they'll start calling me and shit. But I can't stand this anymore. I can't connect to any room in KOF14. It's awful.

Buy a homeplug, that pretty much fixed all my PSN issues instantly.

BDC is for sissies!

Can't do it right anyway. :p

You guys going black out before game releases?

I'm sure story mode is shit but I don't want everything spoiled.

No point. Everyone is looking at Tekken to be the "reckoning" of SFV for some reason so I wanna see reactions to the complete package when it inevitably leaks.

Two Words

Has there been a fighting game that puts latency as a practice mode option? I feel like many people will do most of their playing online. They should build in an option to replicate he effects of different levels of latency. That way, you can practice under those conditions.

Has there been a fighting game that puts latency as a practice mode option? I feel like many people will do most of their playing online. They should build in an option to replicate he effects of different levels of latency. That way, you can practice under those conditions.

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev has this, where you can add frames of input delay to simulate the input-delay netcode so you can practice accordingly.

Don't think such a thing is viable for rollback netcode though.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Didn't TTT2 or SoulCalibur V have that?

Most recent games have this.

sasuke_91

TTT2 also had this. Didn't use it much though.

Top Bottom