• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

AllenShrz

Has MarkMan or someone at Bandai Namco done an in-depth look at the upcoming Hori Tekken 7 RAP stick?

I know MarkMan used it on the May Tekken Talk, just wondering if they've ever taken a few minutes to kinda feature the thing and get a close-up look at it.

I would like to know this as well, almost all sticks have the stick next to the buttons way too close, not as the real noir cabinet

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The TEKKEN Hori stick is almost identical to that of the TTT2 Hori stick, the N series. Except it has falcon/hayabusa buttons (low throw, matte finish). It's a solid overall stick. I actually like it a lot.

The layout should be the same as the actual Noir layout (distance between sticks and buttons) -- that being further than the usual Astro series.

Pachimari

Hey Mark! Good to see you around. And thanks for your message in the OP. The appreciation is likewise.

I'm just curious, how did it come up, that the team wanted a Filipino character in the game? Did anyone push for it? How was you approached to take a look at her design and name? I know we got a huge community in the Philippines but what made you all think "now is the time?"

The TEKKEN Hori stick is almost identical to that of the TTT2 Hori stick, the N series. Except it has falcon/hayabusa buttons (low throw, matte finish). It's a solid overall stick. I actually like it a lot.

The layout should be the same as the actual Noir layout (distance between sticks and buttons) -- that being further than the usual Astro series.

Sweet, thanks MarkMan. I don't have any experience with the older TTT2 stick. Any chance you'll be doing an unboxing/feature video on the stick at all in the near future? I feel like the screenshots provided to Arcade Shock and GameStop don't do a super great job in this YouTube/Twitch era we live in. :p

Any testing been done on input lag? I know that HRAP 4 Kais/HRAP V Hayabusa seemed to fare a bit badly on some of the more popular published tests, and I know you and the folks at Razer recently got the Panthera down to 3ms, possibly a new gold standard for a stock manufactured stick!

Seeing as the topic of arcade sticks has come up, does anyone have any ideas on what to do when an arcade stick becomes stiff/stuck? It doesn’t happen often but when it does it is a little annoying. Sometimes the sticking is to such an extent that I can see my character stuck in that position, i.e. if I push d/b my character is stuck in d/b.

ibrahima

Banned
Seeing as the topic of arcade sticks has come up, does anyone have any ideas on what to do when an arcade stick becomes stiff/stuck? It doesn’t happen often but when it does it is a little annoying. Sometimes the sticking is to such an extent that I can see my character stuck in that position, i.e. if I push d/b my character is stuck in d/b.

Take it apart and clean it out or replace the stick. What are you using?

Dereck

EU Tekken is lit
Eoxrk5R.gif

Pachimari

Only 25 days to go!

I should listen to more Tekken OST today. Got some great recommendations on our Discord last night. But but but... I need MOAH!

Onemic

Someone misses Angel

Onemic you should play Kazumi
Your style ,Mishima and new so people learn the same time as you

I remember initially wanting to play Kazumi when she was first announced, but then I found out she has no electrics....and my interest went out the window. I need mah electrics.

If I was to play a new character in the game it would definitely be Akuma or Eliza.

I'm kinda back on the Kazumi boat. Going to give her a proper shot.

In fact i'm more excited about messing with Kazumi than with Lili. I like new stuff and Lili doesn't have that much.

Most hyped about trying out Eliza though.

Numb

My feelings are bland due to a certain missing person so im just picking everything with empahsis on new guys minus cloe and gigas

AAK

It just finally hit me, Tekken 7 is releasing a week into Ramadan. I'm probably not even gonna get a chance to touch the game for the first 3 weeks it's out haha.

Numb

It just finally hit me, Tekken 7 is releasing a week into Ramadan. I'm probably not even gonna get a chance to touch the game for the first 3 weeks it's out haha.

When you don't have to eat you have extra tekken time
kreole.png

The prayers are gonna be a bitch!

When you don't have to eat you have extra tekken time
kreole.png

The prayers are gonna be a bitch!
Ohh it's gonna be fun here in Karachi.

Summer Semester in a University that's an hour away + avg temps of around 36-38C with peaks of upto 40-41 + no food or water all day!!

Numb

Summer Semester + avg temps of aronund 36-38C with peaks of upto 40-41 + no food or water all day!!

i got 21hr fasting days like usual

Don't be shocked for slow responses and i'm blaming all my online loses vs TekkenGAF on hunger
My wins were because of skill

AAK

When you don't have to eat you have extra sleep

Fixed... Man routines will be all screwed this time. Last year I lived 20 min walking from work & my boss gave me flexible hours so that I can go to work at 6 AM, take a 3 hour lunch break (where I go home and sleep) and then come back and finish the rest of my hours. No luxury this time :(

And you have it way worse than me!

Numb

Fixed... Man routines will be all screwed this time. Last year I lived 20 min walking from work & my boss gave me flexible hours so that I can go to work at 6 AM, take a 3 hour lunch break (where I go home and sleep) and then come back and finish the rest of my hours. No luxury this time :(

And you have it way worse than me!
Sleep is like time travel but i never nap and do it raw.
My mosque that was literally outside my window is under construction and don't know what to do like usual

It's gonna be a struggle to learn T7 during that time lol.

But it'll be worth it for Kazumi.

Great character choice
I got no bias at all

AAK

Summer Semester in a University that's an hour away + avg temps of around 36-38C with peaks of upto 40-41 + no food or water all day!!

My family lives in defense... it's crazy when visiting. How do you even get to play video games w/ electricity going out 8 hours a day!?

My family lives in defense... it's crazy when visiting. How do you even get to play video games w/ electricity going out 8 hours a day!?
Fortunately, my apartment complex has a standby generator so my PC or PS4 doesn't shut down, and I've hooked them both up to a backup UPS too.

Not everyone has that luxury though and it's a big drawback of living in a house VS a flat. Backup generators are simply not economical for houses and so you always have to do the drudgery of starting up the generator and then shutting it down when the power comes back. It's actually a reason why a lot of people have started to move to big complexes that have started popping up, just much more easier all around when you don't have to worry about things like safety or backup power/water, etc.

This is really only a problem during Summer though. A lot of regions don't even get power outages in the rest of the year, and a few don't even get them in the summer!

Btw, if you're ever in Karachi feel free to hit me up!

AAK

Wow, the entire apartment complex is backed up? That's pretty nifty I suppose.

Whenever I visited my laptop was always on the charger to prepare for the inevitable. And with the amount of sweating I did I finally understood what the dupatta is used for :p Last time I visited was in 2011 so it's been a while. I assume the power situation only got worse though :( But yeah, for sure.

But at least everyone is fasting so your peers/superiors can empathize w/ the exhaustion + you get to really enjoy the festivities. Not as much sympathy here lol.

sasuke_91

Ramadan is going to get easier these next few years. 21 hours is crazy though. In Germany it's 18-19 hours.
But hey, it's right in front of us and I'm excited for Ramadan!

Wow, the entire apartment complex is backed up? That's pretty nifty I suppose.

Whenever I visited my laptop was always on the charger to prepare for the inevitable. And with the amount of sweating I did I finally understood what the dupatta is used for :p Last time I visited was in 2011 so it's been a while. I assume the power situation only got worse though :( But yeah, for sure.

But at least everyone is fasting so your peers/superiors can empathize w/ the exhaustion + you get to really enjoy the festivities. Not as much sympathy here lol.

Things have actually gotten a LOT better since then, it was pretty damn horrible back then. The power supply company is a private corporation, K-Electric (formerly KESC), and they've implemented a system where the power outages vary from area to area depending on how many people paid their bill.

If 100% of the residents of an area paid their bills and no electricity theft detected? No load-shedding.

If 80% of the residents of an area paid their bills/there is some electricity theft detected? No power for 2-3 hours a day ( 1 hour in the morning, 1 hour in the after noon and 1 hour at night).

And so on and so on. Plus they've REALLY cracked down on power theft so it's not as big an issue as it was back then.

It's a pretty damn good system that means that the areas where people pay their bills, like higher class area such as Defense, don't have to suffer from it anymore.

And it's true, I guess we do kinda take it for granted that since everyone fasts people are more sympathetic :) Even worktimes and classes are generally shorter times and offices don't mind if employees leave for home a bit earlier than usual.

Jer

Collusion
Unfortunately people won't stop

It's really interesting that this is seen as an issue now. It seemed like during the SC2/Tekken 5 days, not only was this accepted practice, people wouldn't even pretend, they'd just forfeit to a teammate without even playing if it improved the crew's bracket placement.

It's for the best, it's just amazing how much that's changed.

Numb

It's really interesting that this is seen as an issue now. It seemed like during the SC2/Tekken 5 days, not only was this accepted practice, people wouldn't even pretend, they'd just forfeit to a teammate without even playing if it improved the crew's bracket placement.

It's for the best, it's just amazing how much that's changed.

Were those big tournaments in public world wide view with the company name on them?

Jer

Were those big tournaments in public world wide view with the company name on them?

It certainly happened at majors, but the overall scene was so much smaller in the pre-streaming era that you never had the public view, or much company acknowledgement. And to be fair, when there really was a lot of visibility, at Evo 2004, there was a lot of negative reaction.

It's a good change, some of the bracket manipulation (like two teammates getting to WF and the stronger one forfeiting to get an easier LF match) would look pretty horrible for the scene.

I can't hold my salt that after all I did last year they have me ranked #144 in the Tekken rankings on SRK. I won a qualifying tournament & there are people who made Top 8 once that are ahead of me.

Sayah

I'll be out of state for one week in June for work anyway + I'll probably wait for used copies to go up on eBay or something.

Fortunately, my apartment complex has a standby generator so my PC or PS4 doesn't shut down, and I've hooked them both up to a backup UPS too.

Not everyone has that luxury though and it's a big drawback of living in a house VS a flat. Backup generators are simply not economical for houses and so you always have to do the drudgery of starting up the generator and then shutting it down when the power comes back. It's actually a reason why a lot of people have started to move to big complexes that have started popping up, just much more easier all around when you don't have to worry about things like safety or backup power/water, etc.

This is really only a problem during Summer though. A lot of regions don't even get power outages in the rest of the year, and a few don't even get them in the summer!

Btw, if you're ever in Karachi feel free to hit me up!

Just recently visited and so glad I got out before the start of the summer season. Don't know if I'd be able to tolerate the outside heat + lizards and mosquitoes. Though, I missed the mangoes. :/

Pakistan felt very different this time too. With faster internet speeds there now, it seemed like everyone was absorbed/addicted with their phones (taking selfies, Facebook/social media, etc.).

ibrahima

Banned
HRAP4 Kai, ah really, I figured I'd have to take it apart but wasn't overly keen on doing so having not done it before.

It's a decent thing to know how to do, you don't even need to take the whole thing apart to start with, just take the cover off, check for any dust / grime build up in the stick, make sure you have a cup or two to keep any screws that you take out.

There's a few youtube videos of people swapping art and parts in them, you don't even need to go that far but you can refer to them. Once you feel like you know what you're doing you can take it from there.

Pachimari

I really wish there was a Tekken scene here in Denmark. Or maybe there is but I don't notice it. We had a tournament last year, but that was because of the Comic Con event and Tekken 7 being there. I mean, it would be a lot more fun if I could compete with others and be part of the FGC.

Top Bottom