• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

GrayFoxPL

i3zbGSfk1iqFo.jpg

iHZbXJC7nisE7.jpg

Nina looks sexier?

Feng is gonna be strong. Singular hits > strings in Revolution, unless they'll make Ninas every combo natural, lol.

AAK

Yo Nina is back! Now the only people left from the default Tekken cast is Michelle/Julia & Yoshimitsu. I do wonder when they are going to increase the level & rank count for the game.

Doomshine

Ok, let's speculate on crits and invincibles...

Feng crits: b+1+2 (unless it's his invincible move), db+4, f+4,3, f+3,4...maybe ff+2 or f+1+2?

Invincible: My guess would be b+1+2 but Dragunov has shown that they can also create a new moves for the invincibles.

AAK

Feng:

Invincible: b+1+2
Criticals: d/b+4 ; f+3,4 ; qcf+2 or f+1+2 ; f+2,1,2

Nina:

Invincible: d/b+3+4
Criticals: FC d/f+4 ; f+1+2 ; f,f+3 ; f+4, 3, 3

I was going to guess f+1+2 for Feng's invincible but all invincibles so far have been mid.

i3zbGSfk1iqFo.jpg

iHZbXJC7nisE7.jpg

Nina looks sexier?

Feng is gonna be strong. Singular hits > strings in Revolution, unless they'll make Ninas every combo natural, lol.

Nina finally. :D

Will have to start playing again. I wonder how she will stack up in this game since it seems like the Williams are rushdown characters.

Sayah

i3zbGSfk1iqFo.jpg

iHZbXJC7nisE7.jpg

Nina looks sexier?

YES YES YES

I can finally start playing Revolution more. Namco, please let me buy Nina. I don't want to go through all the trouble of unlocking.

qcf+2 better be one of Nina's criticals.

AAK

My Feng predictions:

Invincible: b,f+1 (perhaps with a different notation)
Crits: b+1+2; f+3,4; qcf+1, db+4 or SS+4 (or both?)

2 low criticals? I don't think any character has that I believe.

YES YES YES

I can finally start playing Revolution more. Namco, please let me buy Nina. I don't want to go through all the trouble of unlocking.

I'm so so sorry man... took me 120k gift points to get Steve!

YES YES YES

That would be nice. The random unlocking can get annoying if there is a specific character you want. Who knows how long it takes to unlock her at my rate?

Sayah

That would be nice. The random unlocking can get annoying if there is a specific character you want. Who knows how long it takes to unlock her at my rate?

It's more money for them to add paid characters but still make them freely available for those that want to unlock them. I'm sure a lot of people, myself included, will be buying them.

2 low criticals? I don't think any character has that I believe.

I'm so so sorry man... took me 120k gift points to get Steve!

Damn.

AAK

Actually, they want you to buy gold coins to unlock them so that you can use the x5 multiplier on gift points when using gold coins during matches.

When using those x5 multipliers, you can pretty much get 30k gift points in around 3 hours or so. You earn around 500 gift points with that multiplier (assuming your rank is low) so that is around 60-70 matches.Every hour you can probably get 20 games in. So if you play 1 hour a day, you can get a new character in 3-4 days. BUUUUUUUT after each update it gets harder and harder to get the character you want. I've already spent $5 to unlock Steve, Hwoarang, Xiaoyu, Jin, Bryan, Leo on my main account. I am actually pretty happy with this selection minus Xiaoyu. I would really like Devil Jin or Kunimitsu but oh good GOD am I scared of getting Alisa which will make me rage.

I am sooooo scared of when Vampire girl comes out. There will be so many characters by then and the chances of getting her will be insanely frustrating.

And the worst part is.... you level up the more you play so the amount of gift points you get against a lower level player keeps decreasing the higher ranked you are. Which only means the grind will be longer and longer the more this game goes on.....

F*** this system!!!!

Dereck

They'll release a physical release of Tekken Revolution with all characters by 2014. This is only the beginning, squeezing out all of the money from players as possible, slowly releasing more characters until nothing is left to come, then boom, retail copy.

I don't know what I'm talking about

joeblow

And the worst part is.... you level up the more you play so the amount of gift points you get against a lower level player keeps decreasing the higher ranked you are. Which only means the grind will be longer and longer the more this game goes on.....
You are talking about lobby battles. That's the hard way because your Gift Points can be as low as 10 for beating up low level opponents.

The quickest route to unlocking characters is to play Ranked mode for a guaranteed 100 GP every time, win or lose, especially when the 5x gift point events are in place. You also get 100 gift points for logging in every day, even if you don't play. I now have all characters unlocked and have left over gift points for the next few fighters even though I have only bought tokens twice.

Also, if a person is waiting for their favorite character to come out before they start grinding, it's the wrong approach too. They need to start playing now (use Paul or Asuka for easy play)

The game doesn't track losses, so no hard feelings for not winning in Ranked. You always get gift points just for fighting, and you max out XP bonuses in Ranked as well so you can power up your character when released. That's a LOT to try and grind if you wait until they come out before you begin. Just start now.

They'll release a physical release of Tekken Revolution with all characters by 2014. This is only the beginning, squeezing out all of the money from players as possible, slowly releasing more characters until nothing is left to come, then boom, retail copy.

I don't know what I'm talking about

I do hope though they release a Vita version since that'd just be nice to have on the go since I'm not home as much.

GrayFoxPL

150 000 gift points and who I got?

Fate, why do you punish me so hard? :(

Btw, at top of ranked are showing up some really good players. Awesome Steve guy destroyed me in great style and I met quite many pro Dragunov players.

i'm glad i don't care for most of the unlockable characters so far.

i didn't realize xiaoyu was so hated. why is this? and what does she play like? i have her unlocked but haven't tried her. i just might now tho to annoy people.

GrayFoxPL

i'm glad i don't care for most of the unlockable characters so far.

i didn't realize xiaoyu was so hated. why is this? and what does she play like? i have her unlocked but haven't tried her. i just might now tho to annoy people.

She's annoying to play against because of her stance shenanigans and 50/50s.

I don't hate her, she's the most fun female character to play(after Leo). She's just pretty useless here.

What boutdown speaks of works in normal Tekken. Here her mixup game is destroyed by retarded invincibles. I play her on other accounts already, but only for fun and trolling. You must play really boring with her in revolution if you are serious, meh.

I didn't want her in my main, not after hard earned 150 000 points.

Plus she got worst criticals from the whole cast.

Xiaoyu is fun, just her ultra heavy mixup playstyle doesn't really work here.

AAK

You are talking about lobby battles. That's the hard way because your Gift Points can be as low as 10 for beating up low level opponents.

The quickest route to unlocking characters is to play Ranked mode for a guaranteed 100 GP every time, win or lose, especially when the 5x gift point events are in place. You also get 100 gift points for logging in every day, even if you don't play. I now have all characters unlocked and have left over gift points for the next few fighters even though I have only bought tokens twice.

Also, if a person is waiting for their favorite character to come out before they start grinding, it's the wrong approach too. They need to start playing now (use Paul or Asuka for easy play)

The game doesn't track losses, so no hard feelings for not winning in Ranked. You always get gift points just for fighting, and you max out XP bonuses in Ranked as well so you can power up your character when released. That's a LOT to try and grind if you wait until they come out before you begin. Just start now.

Really? Even within ranked for me if I'm a duelist at lvl 36 and I fight a marauder at lvl 16 I only get 30-60 gift points. It's happened to me. I guess it never happened to you since you probably consistently got people the same or higher level than you.

Also, I quit ranked. The stats mechanic brings too much BS into the table I don't want to deal with at all. Sticking with Player matches. And since stats can be disabled I can experiment and learn so many other characters. The game is infinitely more enjoyable that way for me.

Is the VITA really getting good game sales? I've never seen anyone nor know anyone that owns the machine.

GrayFoxPL

Really? Even within ranked for me if I'm a duelist at lvl 36 and I fight a marauder at lvl 16 I only get 30-60 gift points. It's happened to me. I guess it never happened to you since you probably consistently got people the same or higher level than you.

The game paried you with dude 20 levels lower then you? Something's wrong.

I'm a destroyer 17 dan and I constantly fight between 16-19 dan opponents.

AAK

Yeah, I guess I am the outlier. Even then, if you are using Gold coins, I wouldn't risk it in Ranked. The stats bring so much uncertainty to the match and I've countlessly lost to Law players that I know are inferior to me only winning because of critical dragon tails doing absurd damage. (sigh)

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, I guess I am the outlier. Even then, if you are using Gold coins, I wouldn't risk it in Ranked. The stats bring so much uncertainty to the match and I've countlessly lost to Law players that I know are inferior to me only winning because of critical dragon tails doing absurd damage. (sigh)

Yeah I know. My Steve isn't high stats because I buffed Paul first then reseted and put everything in Jin, so Steve is low on money and stats. When you go agaist peeps with 170-200 power it's pretty retarded because even invincibles will kill you on counter hit not mentioning regular power moves. But hey at least after winning with that handicap you can go for a walk/smoke/drink with a feeling "My job here is done".

AAK

BTW Gray Fox, I know Steve's d/f+2 is amazing now... but did you ever get punished for it? It seems unsafe now. Can't really test it without practice mode.

GrayFoxPL

BTW Gray Fox, I know Steve's d/f+2 is amazing now... but did you ever get punished for it? It seems unsafe now. Can't really test it without practice mode.

It's not Kaz's df+2 that's for sure so I don't throw it out often as it's more likely that you'll get counter hit instead. I think it's jab punishable. I don't like it too much, I feel too vulnerable and "frozen" in place.

AAK

Key difference is that Steve's d/f+2 is 15 frames. That's pretty fast for a homing counter hit launcher if you're not Lars. I dunno, the damage is just too juicy for me not to catch people with it. Kaz's looks pretty easy to punish though haha.

Also, the x5 multiplier is finished. (sigh) Not touching this game until those return.

joeblow

Even without the 5x, you still will get to a wanted unlock faster by playing an hour a day or so than waiting for the next event. And if you are getting less than 100 GP when you fight in ranked, maybe it's because you set it to fight anyone. Leave it on default and you mostly fight people in your level range.

AAK

Even without the 5x, you still will get to a wanted unlock faster by playing an hour a day or so than waiting for the next event. And if you are getting less than 100 GP when you fight in ranked, maybe it's because you set it to fight anyone. Leave it on default and you mostly fight people in your level range.

The main question is, is it worth the gold coins? Why pay money out of your pocket when it can be worth so much more later on?

LakeEarth

Any anti-Law guides out there? Every other character gives me no troubles, but no matter how shitty the player, Law always gets me with his constant safe (as far as I can tell) high/low pressure.

I probably just need to switch out of King, everything he has that's quick goes too high to punish most shit.

DEATH™

Any anti-Law guides out there? Every other character gives me no troubles, but no matter how shitty the player, Law always gets me with his constant safe (as far as I can tell) high/low pressure.

I probably just need to switch out of King, everything he has that's quick goes too high to punish most shit.

Just turtle out... Seriously...

Crouch when he's far away to FC df+1/2 fish, and wait until they throw a stupid invincible or dragon tail and punish (with hopknee or FC df+2). His invincible is also worth throwing around if you are playing safe like this just to mess their rhythm. Practice your movement too...

Yes it's a pretty boring playstyle, but hey, you're playing Tekken Rev...

GrayFoxPL

The main question is, is it worth the gold coins? Why pay money out of your pocket when it can be worth so much more later on?

Worth for what? They're good for one thing only. At least you get ticket for a coin and technically it's my fault if I lose it.

Btw. US seems to be really delayed in the events area. 5x multiplier ended some time ago here. Now it's 5x money multiplier.

I have a feeling they've might put in survival mode in soon. Maybe high risk high reward type thing.

They plan to show a video of Revo on TGS, they have to show something new, unless why bother. Maybe Vampire girl will be ready.

GrayFoxPL

Uh huh, my first triple perfect. Some top ranked Alisa. I won once, then I've met him again while later he won 2 rounds thought he downloaded me, then boom 3 perfects in a row. Felt good, can't imagine how he did.

Wait, Nina AND Feng in the next update? I might have to start playing this again.

Edit: I practised some bound-less combos with Feng in Tag 2 for funsies. uf4, df1, f3, f1, f3,4, b1+2 is the best I could do off hopkick at 58 damage. The same combo with f3,4 as the launcher does 81 damage, though. That's pretty crazy. Some characters barely get that much from a tag assault. :lol

If f3,4 and b1+2 are crits in Revolution that could be even higher.

Kumubou

Adding all of these characters kind of remove the charm that TRevo originally had for me -- making Tekken easier to learn by having fewer match-ups to worry about. Now there's going to be what, 20 characters in the game? Plus whoever else they add in the future. Granted you rarely see the unlockable characters online, but still.... That and man, does the unlock system in this game suck.

One change I'll never understand in this game is why they got rid of the per-character ranks. In T6 and TTT2 your rank was on a per-character basis but now it's per-account. There's a couple of characters I would want to learn in TR but I think trying to learn an alt at high ranks would just result in a never-ending body montage. Which doesn't really matter in the end (it's just rank online for a F2P game), except when I switch back to my main I'll probably win most of my games in the lower ranks and I'll look like a smurf, to the point where it won't even be fun.

Thinking about it, that might be a good way to scam gift points for a bit. Play with the alt. and intentionally sandbag, drop in ranks and then pick up my main again during a 5x gift point bonus and ride that to free credits and points. I'm sitting on something like 30 tickets right now. D:

AAK

Don't play ranked, just make rooms with stats off and fight randoms to learn new characters. That's what I do :)

yeah, i'm also disappointed that they're hooring out new charas so fast, especially ones i have no interest in.

i kinda wish this game was 10 coins with a longer recharge. 5 coins makes it too awkward to try and play twice a day. plus i prefer long sets. just fought someone with the highest rank i've come across so far, saviour with 2k+ wins. he kept using invincibles to shut down my offense. he won the first 2 games, then i turtled super hard and had him downloaded. won the 3rd game 3-0, blocking every invincible. most satisfying win so far. but then i was out of coins for another game.

GrayFoxPL

One change I'll never understand in this game is why they got rid of the per-character ranks. In T6 and TTT2 your rank was on a per-character basis but now it's per-account. There's a couple of characters I would want to learn in TR but I think trying to learn an alt at high ranks would just result in a never-ending body montage. Which doesn't really matter in the end (it's just rank online for a F2P game), except when I switch back to my main I'll probably win most of my games in the lower ranks and I'll look like a smurf, to the point where it won't even be fun.

Thinking about it, that might be a good way to scam gift points for a bit. Play with the alt. and intentionally sandbag, drop in ranks and then pick up my main again during a 5x gift point bonus and ride that to free credits and points. I'm sitting on something like 30 tickets right now. D:

Yeah bad change. Though reasoning might be that player good at Tekken, could rank up hundreds of wins by just practicing a while with every character beforehand. And it kinda was true in T6 and Tag2. If you played Tekken for years switching to some "beginner" rank character and ranking up 50 wins against players that are really beginners was very easy.

So that's why they did it probably, to limit domination of veteran players and don't let them exploit the system by scoring easy wins.

How did you keep 30 tickets? Did you not use them at all? I always throw it out there :p.

LakeEarth

yeah, i'm also disappointed that they're hooring out new charas so fast, especially ones i have no interest in.

i kinda wish this game was 10 coins with a longer recharge. 5 coins makes it too awkward to try and play twice a day. plus i prefer long sets. just fought someone with the highest rank i've come across so far, saviour with 2k+ wins. he kept using invincibles to shut down my offense. he won the first 2 games, then i turtled super hard and had him downloaded. won the 3rd game 3-0, blocking every invincible. most satisfying win so far. but then i was out of coins for another game.

Yeah I can't play a game where I can't run it back after a heartbreaking loss. And as I mentioned before, losing a coin when the connection drops at the character intros is fucking bullshit.

joeblow

For those wanting to make best use of their Gold coins and Premium tickets, the game has two events advertised where you get 50% more Experience points (which helps you level up your stats) and 3x the amount of Gift points, which of course helps you unlock more characters.

As usual, Ranked mode is the most efficient way to take advantage of this since you get max XP and GP, win or lose.

ReaperXL7

Alright so again the unlock system screwed me on the character I wanted, so its looking like I will be sticking with lilly for awhile. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good video guides on how to get the most potential out of her? She has some pretty fantastic combo stings, and she is quick enough that im somewhat competative against law which is who im usually weakest against when versing other people.

Started messing around abit with Steve Fox, but he seems like a fairly unique playstyle compared to everyone else as he seems the most defensive character in the roster so far.

joeblow

....but that d/b+4 sweep in TR is a LOT slower than the one she has in TTT2. So getting opponents to crouch can be tough for Lili, and be aware that she can be pretty linear to side steps if you don't protect against it.

Reaper, who are you trying to unlock?

GrayFoxPL

Alright so again the unlock system screwed me on the character I wanted, so its looking like I will be sticking with lilly for awhile. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good video guides on how to get the most potential out of her? She has some pretty fantastic combo stings, and she is quick enough that im somewhat competative against law which is who im usually weakest against when versing other people.

Started messing around abit with Steve Fox, but he seems like a fairly unique playstyle compared to everyone else as he seems the most defensive character in the roster so far.

Steve is super offensive or he's dead. He doesn't have high damage punishes apart of ws+1,2 and ff+2, he needs counter hits to dominate. He's all about being on mixup game and fishing for counter hits. Great juggles too.

ReaperXL7

Here is a bread and butter guide for Lili in TTT2 from the best Lili player in North America Kane. A big difference in TR is that her d/b+4 launches on normal hit like in T6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp6iRzWSssU

Awesome thanks for the video. Pretty sure these are the same guys i watched for Steve Fox tips.

....but that d/b+4 sweep in TR is a LOT slower than the one she has in TTT2. So getting opponents to crouch can be tough for Lili, and be aware that she can be pretty linear to side steps if you don't protect against it.

Reaper, who are you trying to unlock?

Cool thanks for the heads up, truth is I have not played Tekken in any serious way in a long time, so for the most part im spending allot of time learning the characters Lilli just seems the one I have picked up the easiest which is sad because I used to be pretty good with King.

As for the character, I was hoping for Bryan, but the two I have unlocked so far are Fox, and Jin. Im at about 7k gift points so it will be awhile before my next unlock I think. Playing this has made me curious about picking up TTT2

i used to just poke/pressure/whiff punish with 3 into whatever. such a good move at many ranges and can mixup into different things. i also like ss3, because it's an easy safe hit confirm. df+3+4 is a staple move. qcf+1 into whatever is also very good.

been playing this at least once a day and can easily say my reading of opponent has gotten better and me reacting to situations has improved as well... still working with myself though. mostly hate kaz spammers to be honest.

Top Bottom