• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

Doomshine

been playing this at least once a day and can easily say my reading of opponent has gotten better and me reacting to situations has improved as well... still working with myself though. mostly hate kaz spammers to be honest.

I feel like half my losses in this game are due to me losing interest halfway through the match haha.

I lost to a Bryan player who did NOT MOVE at all, just did random moves mixed in with snake edge. Before I know it I've lost because I couldn't be bothered, I'm like "oh, that was 3 rounds?".

I mean, it's free so I don't really care, all I want is to unlock Dragunov or Jin right now.

synce

Here's a human translation of 9/4 update

- New characters Nina and Feng
- New rank 21th dan white tiger
- Buy individual characters
- Buy premium session ticket (60 min of player matches + 1500GP + 15,000G)
- Buy new costumes for all characters
- Use premium ticket even if you still have coins
- Balance adjustments

I just want to see a few buffs for Alisa and Kuni, but I'm sure they won't even post the changelog... And they'll probably just buff the Mishimas :p

joeblow

Balance adjustments... I wonder if they are retweaking the stats again or are they tweaking character properties?

And for the record, my guess is that it will cost $15 to buy a character, which will make people continue to earn Gift Points after they get their main.

GrayFoxPL

Balance adjustments... I wonder if they are retweaking the stats again or are they tweaking character properties?

And for the record, my guess is that it will cost $15 to buy a character, which will make people continue to earn Gift Points after they get their main.

15$ no way.

4.99$

Premium session sounds pretty good but I bet it costs ticket to make.

I'm curious what 3rd costumes are in.

joeblow

Haven't you ever heard the saying, time is money?

From Namco's perspective, my guess is that they will say that instead of spending $5 (gold coins) and a ton of time for the average player to merely have the chance to unlock their favorite character, Namco will allow them to cut to the chase and spend $15 to unlock a specific character right off the bat.

AEREC

Downloaded this when it launched but haven't really played it until today. Having fun with it so far and it reminds me of when you had to play fighting games to unlock stuff which is cool. Online runs great too.

My only gripe are the power moves...seems like most people will resort to just doing those instead of trying to combo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lobby just ended. That was some interesting play even though I didn't play.

Guy complaining about throws. Someone calling Gundam out. Manny shutting him up. And me being sleepy drunk.

GrayFoxPL

God, people are so stupid.

I made a room called "1 bar = kick" - Simple as it can be, right? I mean you don't have to be language expert to understand.

Shitload of 1 bar geniuses flowing in the room like the name meant "1 bar = get a present".
I didn't know whenever to laugh or to cry.

After 20th something I though I'll get all Christian Bale on them. "Are you dense? Are you retarded?!". I didn't but next time I'll limit the room to 3+ bars.

AAK

With all these updates it does sound like Namco are listening to the complaints. All that's left now is an offline mode. I will gladly pay for that Namco!

God, people are so stupid.

I made a room called "1 bar = kick" - Simple as it can be, right? I mean you don't have to be language expert to understand.

Shitload of 1 bar geniuses flowing in the room like the name meant "1 bar = get a present".
I didn't know whenever to laugh or to cry.

After 20th something I though I'll get all Christian Bale on them. "Are you dense? Are you retarded?!". I didn't but next time I'll limit the room to 3+ bars.

1 bar connections are where Law's dragon tails are as likely to hit you as Alisa's d/b+3. Never touching that garbage.

joeblow

Wow, you guys are more tolerant than I am. If I make a room it is 5 bars only, but I'll play some one with 4 bars as long as it stays steady.

ibrahima

Banned
So Tag 2 really got me into Tekken, I'd dabbled with 3, 5 and 6 in the past, but I can't say I made any head way with actually learning to play. Since Tag 2 I've spent months learning Mishimas, and though by all means I am still a scrub with sub-optimal combos and spotty movement I honestly feel confident and (god-forbid) happy playing Tag 2.

I really fucking love playing Mishimas. On a stick.

My 360 TE and VS Stick have kept me well, and I can rock ghost mode like no-one's business, but since catching the bug and seeing that Tekken Revolution would be a PS3 exclusive for the foreseeable future I though getting a PS3 seemed like a good idea.

In amongst all this I picked up Tekken 3DS, and I find it is a really good training tool for getting my head around certain combos or aspects of a character.

Given all the above I thought going from a stick to a Dual Shock 3 would A) probably take a bit of getting used-to but B) I'd probably get there in the end, particularly as I've done alright with the 3DS XL pad.

Jesus was I wrong.

What the fuck is with the Dual Shock D-Pad and Tekken? How on earth are you meant to crouch dash / wave dash and consistently hit EWGFs on this thing? People use this controller at high levels and I can not understand that in a million years. This controller has been used for Tekken since day one and I am fucking tearing my hair out at it at times.

To add to that Tekken Revolution (at scrub level) has to be one of the most infuriating games possible. I know it's been said a 100 times over but seriously, invincible moves can eat a bag of dicks. I've double dipped on Tag 2 and am currently relearning with a Dual Shock 3. But still. Seriously. Fucking diagonal and neutral inputs. I feel like I've lost all dexterity in my thumbs sometimes when trying to do combos which on the 3DS pad would be easy, let alone on a stick.

So, here's my plan for the mean time. I love the Sega Saturn Pad. It is a fucking godly controller and I have had a decent experience playing Street Fighter with it in the past. I know the USB pads that litter eBay aren't exactly like the originals despite coming from some maladjusted subsidiary office of Sega Japan, but I've got one on the way in the post.

Has anyone tried to use one of these for Tekken?

By the end of the month I'll have hopefully got one of my sticks modded, but I'd really like to hear your thoughts. I know, Tekken with a Saturn pad? Doesn't sound right does it? I'm gonna give it a go.

AAK

Wow, you faired better using a 3DS D-pad over a Dual shock? I guess it's a preference developed over time.

Honestly, PS3 D-Pad is considered the standard for non arcade sticks. There are Mishima players that do persevere with it like Fernando the Game from NYC and Harry Potter from Italy. And there are also guys like Starscream from UK who can do Hwoarang's wavedash into JFSR on pad. Maybe try different orientations. Try playing pad like Just Frame James who rests the entire pad on his left thigh and presses the buttons with his thumb and playing claw style for the face buttons. That's what I ended up doing since I used to hurt my fingers gripping the DS so hard when I used to play pad.

DEATH™

I actually don't know anything about saturn pads so I need to get my hands on it first.

But yes, I am one of those who want people to jump on a stick, especially k sticks. That stick is made for tekken. For pad though, most of us grew playing tekken on dpad so we dealt with it, but man, Im messing up many inputs, which made me go jump on stick... and I didn't regret it...

next up is gaming monitor...

ibrahima

Banned
Try playing pad like Just Frame James who rests the entire pad on his left thigh and presses the buttons with his thumb and playing claw style for the face buttons.

AAK, thanks for your advice, it's definitely something I've thought about at times, but after some consideration there is no way in hell I'm playing claw style.

DEATH™;79816557 said:
especially k sticks.

Now I've lurked here and on the stick thread long enough to know there's a preference to them, but my understanding has been a little spotty. From memory they're not any better about hitting diagonals, but they do return to neutral in a more... reliable fashion? Am I completely off-base here? Please tell me to shut up if so.

I am used to sanwa sticks and again my understanding is that modding a TE to hold a korean stick is like baking a cake in a microwave.

and to think I have a Namco stick gathering dust at my mum's house :/

DEATH™;79816557 said:
next up is gaming monitor...

CQ6lnKm.jpg

The moment has been prepared for. Asus VH242H yo :)

DEATH™

Now I've lurked here and on the stick thread long enough to know there's a preference to them, but my understanding has been a little spotty. From memory they're not any better about hitting diagonals, but they do return to neutral in a more... reliable fashion? Am I completely off-base here? Please tell me to shut up if so.

I am used to sanwa sticks and again my understanding is that modding a TE to hold a korean stick is like baking a cake in a microwave.

and to think I have a Namco stick gathering dust at my mum's house :/

The moment has been prepared for. Asus VH242H yo :)

No, they are actually good at diagonals. The problem some people have is it's a circular "gate" stick, so in general the diagonals will be weird if you are reliant on the square gate corners. But it should not be a problem since the action of the stick to activate the switch isn't like JLF...

As you can see, it uses a "lever" instead of a microswitch, and it's positioned close and ultra sensitive that just a short movement will give you command, which means the stick is pretty responsive (the diagonals is pretty easy to do too).

And as you said, it uses a rubber resistance instead of springs. Not only they go back to neutral more reliably (it doesn't recoil at all), it also goes to neutral waaaaay quicker.

Just with this qualities alone make K Stick the stick for Tekken... You know those "hard" backdash cancels and wavedashes? They are sooooo easy with K Stick that it feels like cheating where everyone you see struggles with them while you do it so simple with just tapping the K Stick. Scrubs can do EWGFs with EASE... That's how it's sooo good

And we now have a K Stick that can easily fit to JLF Style harness... aka Madcatz/EightArc/Hori Sticks...

http://www.focusattack.com/tags/cwj-303a

It's not like myoungshin, but it is still awesome... If you want to go full Korean you can go buy etokki stick...

http://etokki.com/Playstation3/Omni-Korean-Edition

(You can easily swap them to any kind of stick/buttons... even J Sticks, I kinda wish I could buy them right now...)

---------

And also... I'm kinda split between BenQ or that... But I dunno... I need more research and/or sale...

I'll finally make it a point to go back and consider kuma a backup... Use to play him like crazy till T4 but I miss the guy and I like it the few times I spend with him.

gotta unlock or pay for him -_-

I'm just curious if they left Nina's iWS+1 combos, they couldn't have left that thing just like it was in TTT2 right....?

Oh by the way, the description of the video says that the update is coming on September 11th for EU PSN. JP still gets it on the 4th.

HERE COMES NEW CHARACTERS!

4 additional characters are now confirmed in the next update of TEKKEN REVOLUTION!

Nina Williams and Feng Wei, Kuma and Miguel Caballero Rojo will be added to the already existing roster of TEKKEN REVOLUTION!

The update brings new character but also the option to unlock a selected fighter by purchasing a character unlock pass. A premium session pass will also give players the opportunity to play during one hour without using any coins. New costumes and premium effects will also be added to the shop for all characters.

The new game update will be available on the 11th of September in Europe and Australasia.

TEKKEN REVOLUTION is already available for download free on the PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 3 system.

For more information, please visit your local Namco Bandai Games website, http://www.namcobandaigames.eu

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/tekken

Talk about this game, share tips & win goodies at http://www.namcobandaigames.eu/community

AAK

Nothing can be more absurd than Kazuya in TR. I mean a safe u/f+3 that's a launcher, regular WGF being completely safe, easy twin pistons punisher, electric & hell sweep criticals. Nina's iWS+1 combo's aren't that broken especially without bound I'm thinking. But we will see :)

DEATH™

Nothing can be more absurd than Kazuya in TR. I mean a safe u/f+3 that's a launcher, regular WGF being completely safe, easy twin pistons punisher, electric & hell sweep criticals. Nina's iWS+1 combo's aren't that broken especially without bound I'm thinking. But we will see :)

Don't forget just having a fast recovering laser and a DP that allows him to play like a Street Fighter shoto.

AAK

His laser is no different from Tag 1, it just took some getting used to because of the animation difference b/w DJin's and his. Definitely not like a shoto IMO because I've killed many Kazuya's for it now that I have the hang of the animation. As for DP do you mean invincible moves? Everyone has them and they're death on block so it's not a big deal IMO. Once you start fighting people ranked destroyer and above Invincibles are pretty much useless.unless you have a seer's eye making exact reads... which in a game like Tekken is brutally hard.

Bow down to your new gothic lady overlord!

iHg58bnKBZeKf.png

ibrahima

Banned
so the saturn pad arrived. when I found that start was mapped to select my enthusiasm died. :/

oh well, better get that stick modded.

GrayFoxPL

Kuni unlocked on one of the accounts. Miracle.

She's fun. Super ninja troll. Beat 170 power dudes in ranked with almost no stats, lulz.

But I think I fund a bug: when you do df+3,2 then df+2 for juggle it whiffs on King. I thought it was online, but I tried it multiple times on 3-4 different Kings - shit whiffs, wtf. o_O

Btw anyone knows if Kuni has that kunai throw after flip from tag 2? Likely item move but I didn't try her yet in Tag 2.

Edit:
Can't believe Feng and Nina get their best moves as criticals. Feng f+3,4 critical really Harada? f+1+4 Nina really? It makes Ling decisions on criticals look even more retarded.

AAK

Kuni unlocked on one of the accounts. Miracle.

She's fun. Super ninja troll. Beat 170 power dudes in ranked with almost no stats, lulz.

But I think I fund a bug: when you do df+3,2 then df+2 for juggle it whiffs on King. I thought it was online, but I tried it multiple times on 3-4 different Kings - shit whiffs, wtf. o_O

Kuni is still King's Bane of existence!

Btw anyone knows if Kuni has that kunai throw after flip from tag 2? Likely item move but I didn't try her yet in Tag 2.

Kunai throw? Must definitely be an item move.
Edit:
Can't believe Feng and Nina get their best moves as criticals. Feng f+3,4 critical really Harada? f+1+4 Nina really? It makes Ling decisions on criticals look even more retarded.

This is why you turn the F away from Ranked battles each time!

His laser is no different from Tag 1, it just took some getting used to because of the animation difference b/w DJin's and his. Definitely not like a shoto IMO because I've killed many Kazuya's for it now that I have the hang of the animation. As for DP do you mean invincible moves? Everyone has them and they're death on block so it's not a big deal IMO. Once you start fighting people ranked destroyer and above Invincibles are pretty much useless.unless you have a seer's eye making exact reads... which in a game like Tekken is brutally hard.

Bow down to your new gothic lady overlord!

iHg58bnKBZeKf.png

tumblr_lroy8r2Tn61qddspv.gif

Top Bottom