• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

GrayFoxPL

Germany and Spain added.

Germany has amazing new music. Industial/heavy rock, theres even muffed vocal.
Reminds me of old NIN. Tottally doesn't fit the stage but it's awesome!

Spain has cool new flamenco tune.

Criticals(no! I meant invincibles!Sorry.) may be slowed down 2 frames. May be talking bullshit, but kazuya's looked slower.

Nothing seemed changed overall, if they changed something it could be damage adjust, specific, eg Paul's demo man could be dealing less.

GrayFoxPL

No problem. :)

Other titbits is when you win a fight with ticket you get chearing and claping from the crowd.

I take back thing about damage, still high. I don't know what they balanced, probably this is not in the patch other then tiny invincible adjust.

Played arcade many times met Nina always couple times Kuma only once Feng and Miguel - like 1/10 encounter chance?

Bonus - Kuma doesn't have rendered fur. Looks like plastic figure.

Nina's face looks odd...

GrayFoxPL

One more thing. They're promoting premium session that lets you play without coins.
You need to buy premium pass for this. There's one little problem... You can't buy the premium pass. Yet. They forgot or something.

Edit:
I want Miguel. Lack of bound will only benefit him.

His invincible is d+1+2 some criticals are df+1,2 and the shoulder ram.

Kuma's invincible is the butt smash, d+1+2, u+1+2 and ff+2 are criticals. Twin pistons is not, hehe.

Nina's 4th critical is fc df+4 , not sure if this was known.

AAK

One more thing. They're promoting premium session that lets you play without coins.
You need to buy premium pass for this. There's one little problem... You can't buy the premium pass. Yet. They forgot or something.

Edit:
I want Miguel. Lack of bound will only benefit him.

His invincible is d+1+2 some criticals are df+1,2 and the shoulder ram.

What, d/f+1,2??? What a random string to give him a critical with. I would've assumed it'd be f,f+2,2 as a juggle ender. And going by the patterns I guess it's fairly obvious that FC d/f+4 would be his critical. I'm actually very curious to try him now. All the T6 and beyond characters are very interesting to play with since not having bound makes the discovery period something else.

fine, i bought Feng :D

and you DO lose coins even if you win? was it just with a golden ticket that if you win you can keep the ticket and keep playing?

Well, I'm sure I never lost. Someone disconnected during a ranking match, but I still got the promo. That's lame if it takes a coin away from you though.

sorry dude! gave you wrong information on the last page :D you can get those long streaks only with a golden ticket.
been too long since i last played this!

GrayFoxPL

fine, i bought Feng :D

and you DO lose coins even if you win? was it just with a golden ticket that if you win you can keep the ticket and keep playing?

Normal coins you always lose. Buyable gold coins you use to win a ticket.

They patched in an option to always use gold coin, so theoretically you can build up eg 10 golden tickets in a row in 10 matches for 10 coins.

Edit: Test out Feng and share!

AAK

Feng Wei will really miss having a bound. He got great okizeme because of it and at the wall he is T6BR Julia levels of stupid with either SS+4 or d/f+2,2 leading to death.... Phew...

If anyone has Feng, could you try out this combo and tell me the damage?

uf+4, 3,3, f+1, f+3,4, b+1+2

I think that's the most I could get without bound in Tag 2.

Edit: Test out Feng and share!

Feng Wei will really miss having a bound. He got great okizeme because of it and at the wall he is T6BR Julia levels of stupid with either SS+4 or d/f+2,2 leading to death.... Phew...

If anyone has Feng, could you try out this combo and tell me the damage?

uf+4, 3,3, f+1, f+3,4, b+1+2

I think that's the most I could get without bound in Tag 2.

He plays well, really destroying a lot of fools because, still, most players seem to mash some random attacks that are easy to punish with Feng's brutal launchers.

Gotta try that boundless combo though when i'm back at home!

Have to revert back to almost Tekken 5 levels here, but the f34 and other new moves should prove useful still even without bound.

Basic T5 df1,df1,f212 bread and butter combo works online and is not so picky about lag issues :D

GrayFoxPL

Met first Nina in ranked. Dude already had about 130 points in stats.

My strategy was: Attack! Attack! Attack! Don't get launched by f+1+4.

I tell you I blocked about 9/10 f+1+4 and the fight was still dangerously close. If I didn't pressure dude on the wall most of the time I'd lose. She'll be so broken when peeps who know her well get their hands on her.

DEATH™

I tell you I blocked about 9/10 f+1+4 and the fight was still dangerously close. If I didn't pressure dude on the wall most of the time I'd lose. She'll be so broken when peeps who know her well get their hands on her.

She's the one who will make people complain about juggles again like in T5. The wallcarry will make people realize that scrubs will still be in the air with or without bound...

AAK

I think you mean b+1+4 :)

I don't mind Nina being broken. Needing that level of execution over the internet gives me very little to worry about haha.

Gotta try that boundless combo though when i'm back at home!

Have to revert back to almost Tekken 5 levels here, but the f34 and other new moves should prove useful still even without bound.

Basic T5 df1,df1,f212 bread and butter combo works online and is not so picky about lag issues :D

Haha, my combo was good enough for the Main Man it seems. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMH1zCrvhXU

84 damage off f+3,4. Not too bad. I fought a Feng online today and it was terrible. All he did was throw. Hope I unlock him next. Yeah, I'm a bit cheap.

AAK

Clearer picture of Goth Nina:

tumblr_mt6cvm451E1re9fe1o1_1280.png

Eyeliner insanity I tell ya.

Doomshine

I don't know only lazy cpu did it, but why would they take it away, it's slow as it is.

Well the non-charged version is one of those lows that's really hard to see thanks to animation, but the charged version is definitely blockable on reaction.

I'm just afraid of online bullshit I guess.

GrayFoxPL

Well the non-charged version is one of those lows that's really hard to see thanks to animation, but the charged version is definitely blockable on reaction.

I'm just afraid of online bullshit I guess.

Online bullshit is always there I guess.

Edit: Btw because of the critical smudge it's actually easier to notice, hard to mistake for something else.

Funny I have a weird impression that Miguel looks cooler here then in Tag2. Maybe my imagination or he had plastic surgery too.

Degen

Vampire lady still on track for 2013 release, not a clone; gimmicky BS confirmed, now a relevant character to Degen; Sayah banned from using

Harada said the Tekken team is in the midst of designing her fighting style, which he said will evoke the image of a 2D fighting game character in an attempt to have her stand out.

Harada said "Female Vampire" will receive a few design tweaks after fans said the character's hairstyle was too close to Tekken veteran Anna's. He said the character is still on track to come to Tekken Revolution later this year.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/20/47...favorite-female-vampire-being-designed-with-a

Sayah

Vampire lady still on track for 2013 release, not a clone; gimmicky BS confirmed, now a relevant character to Degen; Sayah banned from using

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/20/47...favorite-female-vampire-being-designed-with-a

Heeeeey.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the US to get the update so I can get Nina. Goth Nina design is more reminiscent of her appearance in DBD......but it could have been a whole lot better. I'm also thoroughly disappointed that qcf+2 got ignored as far as criticals go.
I would have chosen qcf+2 and f,f+3 over reverse ivory cutter and FC d/f+3+4.

Doomshine

Man, you get Mokujin tickets even if you lose? This changes everything, I don't even have to bother fighting against the online bullshit!

Sum so far: 2 levels and 10000+ gift points. If I don't get a character I want next I don't know what I'm going to do, there's FOUR I would be happy with, don't let me down game.

Doomshine

I have 178.500

1.500 till eight character.

It's going fucking slow lol.

I ended up with like 20000+ gift points when I was done, so I got my 130000 point character and it was...

the manly man™, Miguel! Awesome! I haven't faced a single Miguel player online yet so it should be interesting.

GrayFoxPL

My 180 000 character is...
iy3UUJcf2q81h.gif

Nina.

I have totally reverse luck with main account.

I only tested Nina in T6 I learned even multiple butterfly juggle, but I didn't play her seriously ever since she got Ivory cutters because hitting 1+4 for me is only possible by button buffering or replacing one of the only 6 buttons I use so that messed my game up.

But since I got her after long and painful point hoarding might as well try to remind myself of The Nikita.

So some impressions:

Broken as all hell.

End of impressions.

No but seriously guys, in Tekken team there must be a guy who sabotages the game by making Nina godly.

You know how in Revo characters get a 1-2 nerfs and rest are buffs. I don't see any nerfs for Nina.

This character is absolutely ridiculous.

Normal hit launchers: df+2, ws+2, ss+2, qcf+1, qcf+4,2, qcb+4, uf+2,1(bound!), f+2,1,1+2(bound!),b+1+4, f+4,3(I think).

ibnEf5i4CV5Fc9.gif

I mean guys, this isn't normal, this is beyond fucking insane.

Add to this set of moves and strings that you could divide by 3 characters, tones of counter hit launchers, throws, lows, juggles. It's broken as fuck.

Only thing I could think off is butterfly combo may be harder but all movement and cancels are exactly the same so more likely is me being rusty by doing it 4 years ago.
But for example launcher then 1, ss+1~f whiffs for me, but launcher then df+3,2, ss+1~f ws+1 hits every time. ss+1 connects after bound and in juggle after df+3,2, but if I try it seemingly after launcher it whiffs, but I'm no Nina expert.

I tested her online and by doing basic combos and billion launchers I owned some dudes. I even didn't do any fancy shit but by launcher 1, df+3,2, ss+1~f ws+1,2 it was enough to carry straight to the wall on tiny Revolution arenas.

Btw any good wall combos for Nina? I wall carried them so many times but didn't know what to do after wall hit.

I'm telling you, there's Nina maniac among Tekken devs who convinces Harada that it's ok for Nina to have 20 launchers, 304 moves, and 87 50/50 mixups.

Edit: Oh and I forgot. She looks very sexy. Her winning pose is oldschool Tekken 2 spin and chop and other is the "shrug and turn around" but it has updated animation and facial expression.

AAK

Haha, I love your posts GrayFox!
It's even more impressive when you consider English isn't your first language

I don't think it's the quantity of launchers and mixups Nina has that makes her so good. If you want quantity my character reigns supreme. Hwoarang's Launchers:

d/f+2
u/b_u+3
b+3
JFSR
CD+3
u+3+4
LFF_LFS u/f+3, 4
LFF BT 4
RFF BT 3
RFF f+4~4
LFS u/f+4
LFS d_d/f+4
RFS d/f+4
RFS d/b_d_d/f+3
RFS b+3

And if you want counter hit ones:

CH SS+4
CH d+4, 4
CH f+1+2
CH RFF (4,) 4
CH RFF BT d+3
CH LFS f+3, 3
CH RFS f+4, 4

Hwoarang trumps even Nina when it comes to the number of launchers. The thing about Nina is that her risk reward is so much more disproportionately skewed to the reward side as opposed to Hwoarang and the mixup is more deadly. However, again, she's had these utilities in T6BR and TTT2 but no one in the world except Only Practice has really excelled with her. That proves she is probably the hardest character in the game to use along with the Mishima's. So unless we see her getting Lars/Bob number of entrants in tournaments I feel her brokenness is acceptable. Alas even with all those things you've listed she still isn't no where near as absurd as Kazuya with safe WGF's and u/f+3 launching.

EDIT: Geeze, all that happened to that poor gymnast because his right food didn't impact the springboard in unity with his left foot.... Hope he made it out OK :(

Top Bottom