• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

Degen

I act like that gymnast at long range in Tekken

Run in, go for fff3, get bodied as soon as feet leave the ground

every time.

GrayFoxPL

Haha, I love your posts GrayFox!
It's even more impressive when you consider English isn't your first language

I don't think it's the quantity of launchers and mixups Nina has that makes her so good. If you want quantity my character reigns supreme. Hwoarang's Launchers:

d/f+2
u/b_u+3
b+3
JFSR
CD+3
u+3+4
LFF_LFS u/f+3, 4
LFF BT 4
RFF BT 3
RFF f+4~4
LFS u/f+4
LFS d_d/f+4
RFS d/f+4
RFS d/b_d_d/f+3
RFS b+3

And if you want counter hit ones:

CH SS+4
CH d+4, 4
CH f+1+2
CH RFF (4,) 4
CH RFF BT d+3
CH LFS f+3, 3
CH RFS f+4, 4

Hwoarang trumps even Nina when it comes to the number of launchers. The thing about Nina is that her risk reward is so much more disproportionately skewed to the reward side as opposed to Hwoarang and the mixup is more deadly. However, again, she's had these utilities in T6BR and TTT2 but no one in the world except Only Practice has really excelled with her. That proves she is probably the hardest character in the game to use along with the Mishima's. So unless we see her getting Lars/Bob number of entrants in tournaments I feel her brokenness is acceptable. Alas even with all those things you've listed she still isn't no where near as absurd as Kazuya with safe WGF's and u/f+3 launching.

EDIT: Geeze, all that happened to that poor gymnast because his right food didn't impact the springboard in unity with his left foot.... Hope he made it out OK :(

Thanks, thanks AAK.

Yeah Hwoarang can be a devil. But I won most my fights online against him for one simple reason: most regular Hwo's I fight will go in their mixups from high to low or low high.
I just know by memory when they'll go low and by crouching during his mixups Hwo's getting launched every time. I lost fights only when my opponent decided to use mids 70-80% of the time.

I can't figure out similar tactics against Nina, she has all areas covered I don't see weak spots.

And yeah you're right about Nina risk reward game is basically her winning the lottery.

People should play her more. I got so many ch launchers from d+3,2 because the reach of the kick is so long, ppl have no idea what's going on. Imo she has one of the best launchers in the game.

Btw I really wanted to get Hwoarang. Nothing - even on rest of the 5 accounts :(.

Have we gotten a more precise release date or details of the Vampire Girl?

No.

Btw. Is the TGS tekken event over? They were supposed to show a Revo vid.

every time.

Haha.

Ppl sidestep my running tackle and I get back thrown :[.

Btw unblockable running tackle destroys every invincible. True invincible? No! Sidestep beats it. :p

AAK

Thanks, thanks AAK.

Yeah Hwoarang can be a devil. But I won most my fights online against him for one simple reason: most regular Hwo's I fight will go in their mixups from high to low or low high.
I just know by memory when they'll go low and by crouching during his mixups Hwo's getting launched every time. I lost fights only when my opponent decided to use mids 70-80% of the time.

I can't figure out similar tactics against Nina, she has all areas covered I don't see weak spots.

And yeah you're right about Nina risk reward game is basically her winning the lottery.

People should play her more. I got so many ch launchers from d+3,2 because the reach of the kick is so long, ppl have no idea what's going on. Imo she has one of the best launchers in the game.

Btw I really wanted to get Hwoarang. Nothing - even on rest of the 5 accounts :(.

No.

Btw. Is the TGS tekken event over? They were supposed to show a Revo vid.

Haha.

Ppl sidestep my running tackle and I get back thrown :[.

Btw unblockable running tackle destroys every invincible. True invincible? No! Sidestep beats it. :p

Me playing against a Nina is just to try and get a life lead and then run away while trying to keep her out with homing moves. If I do try and go against them, I play 2 of the IMO best offensive characters in the game so it is easier to break their defense with them. A good defensive Nina is one of the hardest things to do in gaming and the majority of Nina's I fight are super aggressive. When it comes to them you just gotta wait and punish.

The Tekken Revolution trailer they showed was just a recut of the original trailer they showed at E3. It played right after the Heihachi makeup was completed on Harada. sigh..

GrayFoxPL

Me playing against a Nina is just to try and get a life lead and then run away while trying to keep her out with homing moves. If I do try and go against them, I play 2 of the IMO best offensive characters in the game so it is easier to break their defense with them. A good defensive Nina is one of the hardest things to do in gaming and the majority of Nina's I fight are super aggressive. When it comes to them you just gotta wait and punish.

The Tekken Revolution trailer they showed was just a recut of the original trailer they showed at E3. It played right after the Heihachi makeup was completed on Harada. sigh..

I see I try that in Tag2, in revo she's "rare". Up till now my tactic against Nina was to try to get my offense going before she does or else I'll get overwhelmed and screwed.

Revo video was just that? Lame. Maybe they weren't ready with the Vampire girl, I'll call her Elena, so official name is canceled.

joeblow

The new patch is out with the four additional characters along with the ability to purchase them if you wish.

I read some where that US is #1 in TR downloads, followed by Japan. You would think Namco would be more timely with their patches.

Sayah

$5.99 per character. MAYBE if/when they release Marduk...

INSANITY
I'm gonna end up buying Nina anyway because I'm too lazy to unlock her.

every time.

LOL

My 180 000 character is...
iy3UUJcf2q81h.gif

Nina.

I have totally reverse luck with main account.

I only tested Nina in T6 I learned even multiple butterfly juggle, but I didn't play her seriously ever since she got Ivory cutters because hitting 1+4 for me is only possible by button buffering or replacing one of the only 6 buttons I use so that messed my game up.

But since I got her after long and painful point hoarding might as well try to remind myself of The Nikita.

So some impressions:

Broken as all hell.

End of impressions.

No but seriously guys, in Tekken team there must be a guy who sabotages the game by making Nina godly.

You know how in Revo characters get a 1-2 nerfs and rest are buffs. I don't see any nerfs for Nina.

This character is absolutely ridiculous.

Normal hit launchers: df+2, ws+2, ss+2, qcf+1, qcf+4,2, qcb+4, uf+2,1(bound!), f+2,1,1+2(bound!),b+1+4, f+4,3(I think).

ibnEf5i4CV5Fc9.gif

I mean guys, this isn't normal, this is beyond fucking insane.

Add to this set of moves and strings that you could divide by 3 characters, tones of counter hit launchers, throws, lows, juggles. It's broken as fuck.

Only thing I could think off is butterfly combo may be harder but all movement and cancels are exactly the same so more likely is me being rusty by doing it 4 years ago.
But for example launcher then 1, ss+1~f whiffs for me, but launcher then df+3,2, ss+1~f ws+1 hits every time. ss+1 connects after bound and in juggle after df+3,2, but if I try it seemingly after launcher it whiffs, but I'm no Nina expert.

I tested her online and by doing basic combos and billion launchers I owned some dudes. I even didn't do any fancy shit but by launcher 1, df+3,2, ss+1~f ws+1,2 it was enough to carry straight to the wall on tiny Revolution arenas.

Btw any good wall combos for Nina? I wall carried them so many times but didn't know what to do after wall hit.

I'm telling you, there's Nina maniac among Tekken devs who convinces Harada that it's ok for Nina to have 20 launchers, 304 moves, and 87 50/50 mixups.

Edit: Oh and I forgot. She looks very sexy. Her winning pose is oldschool Tekken 2 spin and chop and other is the "shrug and turn around" but it has updated animation and facial expression.

Grayfox posts are always delivering.

TheWriter

I really haven't been in touch with this game since they added the DLC stuff, but I see they kinda overshot their prediction to bring in Vampire Girl around september. Disappointing, but I didn't feel like this was realistic anyway. On to more waiting.

GrayFoxPL

I really haven't been in touch with this game since they added the DLC stuff, but I see they kinda overshot their prediction to bring in Vampire Girl around september. Disappointing, but I didn't feel like this was realistic anyway. On to more waiting.

I'm actually impressed they are developing her at all. I though they had her as a reject Lili clone character 90% to be just put in the game. But they're actually working on it. Not bad.

BUT WE COULD HAVE GOT SEXY TEKKEN FORCE!

ibvT91wxeyRoPp.jpg

GrayFoxPL

oh man playing with Feng is ridiculous since 90% of online population has NO IDEA what Feng can do and what his basic moveset is :p

Btw did you guys noticed they added new move for mokujin? I only seen it once.

It's Feng's f+2,1,2 but multiple like f+2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 with machine gun speed! :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
BUT WE COULD HAVE GOT SEXY TEKKEN FORCE!

T_T

22 characters is too many? well, that explains why TAG2 with 60+ characters is hard to get into for some ;D

22 characters...after taking forever to unlock them all. :/

Is there not an option to just buy characters yet? Seriously...I'll start playing this game if I can actually get who I want to play as.

update to buy charas was just released.

22 is a lot when you can only play 5 matches at a time and no training mode options. even if i was willing, it's hard to learn a chara i don't even have unlocked.

60 charas is a lot. i avoided ttt2 for that reason but to be fair, there are more than a few duplicates.

also, unfamiliar matchups in other games are typically a result of an underused character being mid-low tier. judging by some posts above, nina for example sounds anything but low tier.

Sayah

update to buy charas was just released.

22 is a lot when you can only play 5 matches at a time and no training mode options. even if i was willing, it's hard to learn a chara i don't even have unlocked.

60 charas is a lot. i avoided ttt2 for that reason but to be fair, there are more than a few duplicates.

also, unfamiliar matchups in other games are typically a result of an underused character being mid-low tier. judging by some posts above, nina for example sounds anything but low tier.

There is a training mode. "Warm-Up Space" on the main menu. Also, yeah, you can buy characters now if unlocking them is taking too long.

The amount of characters seems intimidating at first but it's really not that difficult once you get the hang of it. Just need to move past that initial fear.

There is a training mode. "Warm-Up Space" on the main menu. Also, yeah, you can buy characters now if unlocking them is taking too long.

The amount of characters seems intimidating at first but it's really not that difficult once you get the hang of it. Just need to move past that initial fear.
i may be mistaken, but iirc you can only fight mokujin and cant use charas you haven't unlocked?

joeblow

In the warm up space you can use any unlocked character to practice combos against a stationary Mokujin, either with walls or without.

Doomshine

Ok, I'm confused.

So I tried out Miguel in warm up space and the first thing I tested was db+1. You can't charge it anymore but it's a critical art. So far so good.

I was going through his launchers and trying/remembering combos when I got to db+1 again, but suddenly it did the fully charged knockdown animation on normal hit! I was like, how the hell did I miss that it launches on normal hit now? Well, I switched to the walled warm up space and... it was a normal knockdown again. I tried counter hits, different angles e.t.c. Nothing.

What the hell.

GrayFoxPL

Ok, I'm confused.

So I tried out Miguel in warm up space and the first thing I tested was db+1. You can't charge it anymore but it's a critical art. So far so good.

I was going through his launchers and trying/remembering combos when I got to db+1 again, but suddenly it did the fully charged knockdown animation on normal hit! I was like, how the hell did I miss that it launches on normal hit now? Well, I switched to the walled warm up space and... it was a normal knockdown again. I tried counter hits, different angles e.t.c. Nothing.

What the hell.

Check the move list. Maybe it's something like db+1 then db hold again or db+1,1 or db+1,1+2. Should be in moves list.

Doomshine

Check the move list. Maybe it's something like db+1 then db hold again or db+1,1 or db+1,1+2. Should be in moves list.

Well I can't check it right now, but I swear I did the move exactly the same every time. I don't know why they would change the command either.

AAK

On the topic of Miguel, either his twin pistons is no longer launch punishable or Hwoarang's d/f+2 is no longer 15 fr.

Manbig

On the topic of Miguel, either his twin pistons is no longer launch punishable or Hwoarang's d/f+2 is no longer 15 fr.

I ran into the same issue when I played vs a Miguel player as Jin earlier. He blocked my hopkick punish attempt twice.

AAK

Oh man you too? And this is Manny we're talking about who rarely ever misses a punish. That's a ridiculous buff considering it's a class 1 launcher.

Interesting balance this game has. Can't wait for Julia getting iWR+1 ctiticals (I Hope!)

Doomshine

Checked the move list and I can't find anything that would explain why db+1 suddenly was a full launch, can't seem to reproduce it either.

Also his SAV b+1,2 no longer launches, I can't even seem to do the regular db+1 combos on it, ws+4 whiffs. I never used this move though so maybe this was changed in Tag 2.

Manbig

Both Miguel d/f2,1 and Feng f3,4 are definitely not standard launch punishable anymore. I did score a 12 frame punish on them both though. Kind of a crazy change.

AAK

Manny & Doom confirm it! Yo I am almost giddy right now at a potential non-launch punishable Julia hopkick >:D

I'm joking BTW that would seriously be bullshit. The struggle of winning despite your character's weaknesses is part of the reason I love fighting games.

AAK

There is a x3 gift point multiplier going on now..... and it cajoled me into spending another $5 on this game....

Lord help me :(

EDIT: And with those coins I played in this long 13 game set against this Byakko Devil Jin. I think I prevailed 7-6

In that entire series, not a single invincible move worked. And it was only thrown out 3 times by myself. Whew, stacked almost 20k gift points today.

AAK

I believe Dragunov's qcf+2 and Feng's f+3,4 aren't launch punishable anymore. Seriously strange balancing proposed for this. I honestly wonder what they're gonna do for Kuma.

EDIT: Damn, I just realized I made a triple post... shoot, sorry.

Doomshine

I believe Dragunov's qcf+2 and Feng's f+3,4 aren't launch punishable anymore. Seriously strange balancing proposed for this. I honestly wonder what they're gonna do for Kuma.

EDIT: Damn, I just realized I made a triple post... shoot, sorry.

Wasn't qcf+2 always -14 or do you mean it's not punishable even by 14f launchers?

AAK

Wasn't qcf+2 always -14 or do you mean it's not punishable even by 14f launchers?

OH damn, I was wrong about the frames on that one. I always managed to land a df+2 on Dragunovs that did qcf+2... but I guess people were pressing buttons. My bad. But I'm pretty sure about Feng's f+3,4.

Doomshine

So, I figured out the trick to the Miguel glitch, it's not actually random. If you do SAV 1+2 but cancel it your db+1 starts launching... AND if you do another SAV 1+2 but without the cancel it reverts to the normal knockdown.

I can see how this could slip by testing because that's a really odd combination to test. Once I get another arcade coin I'll test if it works outside of practice.

If anyone else has Miguel feel free to test this as well.

EDIT: Ok, a few more things and a correction. You HAVE to do the charged SAV 1+2 version when you cancel to get the full launch, but normal SAV 1+2 will still revert it. Also you still get the change even if they interrupt the move, but it doesn't stay between rounds. It totally work in arcade and online too btw, I'm SO SORRY to the guy I tested this on, it was even my promotion match.

Fraeon

So, been playing this at about a 10 match per day pace on and off, and it's still kind of fun because the comp is hilariously bad even at higher ranks.

You'd think that at around orange ranks and up you'd have people who actually know basic movement and punishment but it's still "do a move and then an invincible move right after" after which I matterhorn them and juggle for massive damage.

But hey, gimme dem tickets.

So, been playing this at about a 10 match per day pace on and off, and it's still kind of fun because the comp is hilariously bad even at higher ranks.

You'd think that at around orange ranks and up you'd have people who actually know basic movement and punishment but it's still "do a move and then an invincible move right after" after which I matterhorn them and juggle for massive damage.

But hey, gimme dem tickets.

I've learned that the fighting gets worse from players the high you go.

Also, anyone have tips on Kuma? Haven't really been playing him a lot since T3 but I just unlocked him and wouldn't mind picking him up.

Top Bottom