• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

For Position Reset in Practice Mode: From the Practice Menu, go to Position Settings. Then go to Battle Position. Then select Default Position.

After that, you can now press Select + X to reset position anytime in practice.

Esura

Banned
I really like Jun. Don't know how she's supposed to play but I'll learn that as I go.

I have a feeling I should mess around with more characters before I stick with Jun/Asuka. Not sure how to "poke" in this.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
That Arcade final boss. There goes my plan to complete it with every character.
KuGsj.gif

8byte

Banned
T5.0 wang was fucking godlike. He just hasn't been the same sense. Well Aris was doing some nice stuff with ttt2 wang :p

Yes! I keep DRO on my PS3 just so I can enjoy some of that glory now and again.

I'm going to keep putting effort into Wang, I just need to find someone who meshes well. Also, I can't do SHIT on tag assault, I'm awful, haha. My brain just shuts down.

AdroitOne

Neo Member
Man, I must be going crazy because I absolutely have no clue how to do pair play in practice mode. It keeps taking us to arcade mode :-(

ggs Skillz.

I definitely need to work on my combos. Luckily I had some decent backwards movement (also need to work on my stepping *hinthint*) and DEATHFIST working for me tonight, heh. Also, lol @ that last match. I was messaging you and when the timer ran out I got stuck with Hei and Zafina. No clue how to use her, I was just trying to stay alive long enough to get Hei back in there (despite only being marginally better with him). I think the change of pace threw you off.

Your Jin definitely had me frozen in my tracks.

Skilletor

Good games, Master Thespian. Online is sick as fuck. :D

I'm determined to learn Hwaorang in this game. I've wanted to since T3, but never put the time in.

Man...online is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

ggs Skillz.

I definitely need to work on my combos. Luckily I had some decent backwards movement (also need to work on my stepping *hinthint*) and DEATHFIST working for me tonight, heh. Also, lol @ that last match. I was messaging you and when the timer ran out I got stuck with Hei and Zafina. No clue how to use her, I was just trying to stay alive long enough to get Hei back in there.

Lol. I figured.

Still...so good. So fun.

I'm not sure I'm digging Jin as much as I want to. I might switch to Law. Wish I had Kuni on Xbox. :(

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just beat fgtvlive in ranked lol, wonder who I was playing against.

Saya I need a new asshole. I just have no idea what to do against Nina and Anna. I swear I will never be able to block Anna's low sweep in my life. GG to Sdburton too, you got dem Jun/Asuka combos down already. Gotta hit training mode now that I got the 1st dan trophy out of the way.

Thanks man.

And yeah Sayah's Anna is scary.

I spent the last 10-12 min watching some of the character endings I had unlocked during my sessions in Ghost Battle. Holy shit at some of them, specifically
Jin's

Yeah, man. We had a 3 bar connection in SC, but this feels much better than that game ever did.

I am over the moon right now with this game. It's amazing.
It's especially impressive when you consider how far in advance the other games let you buffer move versus Tekken. I was even able to escape a few throws on reaction despite not being very good at it.

I'm not sure I'm digging Jin as much as I want to. I might switch to Law. Wish I had Kuni on Xbox. :(
That's hilarious. I spent a few hours practicing against her because I just knew that's who you were using.

EulaCapra

GAF, can you do Versus with CPU's and select every character and stage or is Versus just restricted to humans? Yes, yes, forever alone.

RedBoot

That Arcade final boss. There goes my plan to complete it with every character.
KuGsj.gif

Yeah, the boss is brutal. Especially the first time you get hit by the "special" attack. I can avoid it well enough now (after fighting the boss 10 times due to continuous losses :p) but it still catches me now and then.

My T6 Asuka still works pretty well here (though I swear F+2 doesn't hit people on the ground as well as it used to), but I need to find a partner. I was originally going to do Lili (just for the synergy) but I tried out Lee and I'm enjoying him well enough, so I might stick with that for now.

For some reason I'm finding Ranked Matches to be easier than Player ones. Ranked seems to put me in solid, even matches, while Player seems to be full of people at Beginner rank who can do massive combos. The online mode is so quick, though, that I don't really mind losing. I can just hop into another fight right away.

Hmmm tempted to get copy for each console. Not too sure why. Xbox would be my main for offline play etc, but with two copies I can vs roughly double the players.

Choices.

A.E Suggs

Final boss is pretty free to Lili's qcf+1,2.

Or angels/devil special beam. Also I suck at tekken more than I thought I did, to used to playing 2D games it seems :(. Ima keep the game I still love it but I don't know how to really improve as everyone online seems to already fucking no how to do combos and evasive maneuvers. I don't really know how to approach in tekken, maybe that's my problem.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hmmm tempted to get copy for each console. Not too sure why. Xbox would be my main for offline play etc, but with two copies I can vs roughly double the players.

Choices.

That's why I double-dip!

On a related note, barely anyone on my XBL friends list played TTT2 today- but even when I shut the PS3 off a bit after 2 AM today, there were a ton of people still playing it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
GAF lobby friday night. Don't have a copy yet and I don't have the time to go get it. So that gives people plenty of time to practice before Sayah bodies everybody on stream.

KerryFigs

Neo Member
So I've been playing with Bob and Miguel and I just enjoy that team so much..

HOWEVER..

Jinpachi and Ogre? Automatic secondary team. These two seem to mesh so well together. Like Ogre is the combo crazy one and Jinpachi is there to hit like a mach truck. Its brilliant and it works! Love this team so much and I just was messing around in training. I seriously cannot wait to try them out offline and online.

Sayah

And yeah Sayah's Anna is scary.

Maybe it's not me. Maybe it's Anna. She does well with seducing unsuspecting male victims like Degen. I bet Degen goes into practice with Anna just to watch her ass tackle over and over again.

GAF lobby friday night. Don't have a copy yet and I don't have the time to go get it. So that gives people plenty of time to practice before Sayah bodies everybody on stream.

I'm so flattered. :)

Fastest way to unlock stuff? Someone said ghost battles but I can't figure out the rate at which stuff drops/unlocks. Is it totally random or do you rank or when you beat certain people? I'll get lots of stuff and then long stretches of nothing. Should I switch characters?

Top Bottom