• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Ferrio

Banned
really? I thought it was different with p2p netcode. Guess it's not

Being able to transfer more data does not make the data go faster.

Ping is most attributed to the quality of the devices the data is being sent over, and distance.

I'm going to upload the entire preview show, from the point I lowered my mic volume to not be INSANE. I've also normalised the audio.

I do get bored and screw around with Xsplit once or twice, so you may be entertained. Or not.

zlatko

Banned
So I got about 3 hours in last night at most and stayed up way later than I should have.

Some pluses:

Character models looks much better this go around. Namely Paul Phoenix's face/Steve's hair for examples.

Putting me right into training as I wait for it to find me a match is a nice touch.

Rounds seem to have a good pacing to them. Not too fast, not too slow. Timer is spot on.

Money I feel is a lot easier to amass than T6, and is less tedious to do so than the scenario mode in T6.

My negatives:

Felt arcade mode's difficulty curve was nonsense. I steam rolled to the final boss then barely could win the first round, and could never beat the final round...barely do any damage even with some Paul 120 damage combos. WTF?!

The Combot mode is...well stupid. :/ 100% a grind and no fun to be had in my opinion.

Character customization seems lessened this time. I LOVE that there is a color wheel now for items, but I felt some characters really don't have much to tinker around with compared to T6. Also, I HATE you can't just change the color of the standard haircut a character gets. Yes Namco, I want a Steve Fox with black hair like I had in SFxT. :/

----------------

All around fun game. Haven't dabbled into private matches yet, and most of my time was used for Ghost battles, survival, training, and of course ranked online matches where I got shit stomped.

How does Paul Phoenix stack up in this game tier list wise? He was extremely easy for me to get into last night after some training to start putting things together for nice damage. I felt he was scary as hell once he touched you.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PLayed this game for 4 hours last night and still feel like i have no idea what i am doing.... Tons of fun but man there are so many characters, I feel like i have to play as each and everyone of them otherwise i may miss someone. lol When people are comboing between characters with tags, are they usually doing the same launchers and combos or are they fairly varied?

Zephyrus

Banned
So I got about 3 hours in last night at most and stayed up way later than I should have.

Some pluses:

Character models looks much better this go around. Namely Paul Phoenix's face/Steve's hair for examples.

Putting me right into training as I wait for it to find me a match is a nice touch.

Rounds seem to have a good pacing to them. Not too fast, not too slow. Timer is spot on.

Money I feel is a lot easier to amass than T6, and is less tedious to do so than the scenario mode in T6.

My negatives:

Felt arcade mode's difficulty curve was nonsense. I steam rolled to the final boss then barely could win the first round, and could never beat the final round...barely do any damage even with some Paul 120 damage combos. WTF?!

The Combot mode is...well stupid. :/ 100% a grind and no fun to be had in my opinion.

Character customization seems lessened this time. I LOVE that there is a color wheel now for items, but I felt some characters really don't have much to tinker around with compared to T6. Also, I HATE you can't just change the color of the standard haircut a character gets. Yes Namco, I want a Steve Fox with black hair like I had in SFxT. :/

----------------

All around fun game. Haven't dabbled into private matches yet, and most of my time was used for Ghost battles, survival, training, and of course ranked online matches where I got shit stomped.

How does Paul Phoenix stack up in this game tier list wise? He was extremely easy for me to get into last night after some training to start putting things together for nice damage. I felt he was scary as hell once he touched you.

paul is b tier or possibly a tier. He's really good this time

I'm really glad this game included swimsuits for the guys, but I wish they would of personalized them more.

As much as I like fundoshis, having 95% of them in that type of swimsuit doesn't really make sense. They even had the speedo item available and that type of swimsuit would of been more suitable for most of the guys.

Hopefully we'll get some more options through DLC.

And Doctor B and Sebastian are probably going to get the boring "vintage swimsuit"...

Sayah

PLayed this game for 4 hours last night and still feel like i have no idea what i am doing.... Tons of fun but man there are so many characters, I feel like i have to play as each and everyone of them otherwise i may miss someone. lol When people are comboing between characters with tags, are they usually doing the same launchers and combos or are they fairly varied?

You should find the 1-2 characters that fit your playstyle and focus on them. And combos can be varied. There are different launchers and different fillers for them. That's part of what makes the possibilities for combo-ing in this game insane.

Edit: Also, I want to unlock Nina and Anna's Blood Vengeance CG Panel. Any specific way to get those?

DR2K

Banned
You should find the 1-2 characters that fit your playstyle and focus on them. And combos can be varied. There are different launchers and different fillers for them. That's part of what makes the possibilities for combo-ing in this game insane.

Edit: Also, I want to unlock Nina and Anna's Blood Vengeance CG Panel. Any specific way to get those?

I got them by using them in ghost battle.

Man some of these endings are like 20 seconds or just crappy 2d.

Sayah

I got Asuka's first. It was awesome. Then I got a few of the others. :(

Did you see Christie's or Forest's endings? They aren't CG but the animation and art style for both is amazing imo. Sets them apart from the rest. Very unique and creative imo.

Edit: man, the online lobby music and the customization music is so addictive.

DR2K

Banned
How many matches in ghost battle exactly? Nina has like four panels that can be unlocked. I only want the BV one.

Dunno, because they're all called generic "customization item". You also unlock character specific costumes that you can't buy from ghost battle.

I'm sure this has been asked to death but is there an easier alternative to looking at the command list during training? Continuously pausing is a bit momentum breaking.

Sayah

I'm sure this has been asked to death but is there an easier alternative to looking at the command list during training? Continuously pausing is a bit momentum breaking.

When you open up the command list, press triangle on any of the moves. Then then move will appear on your screen. Switch to the next or previous move using the on-screen commands. Then, you won't have to pause and go back and forth.

Dunno, because they're all called generic "customization item". You also unlock character specific costumes that you can't buy from ghost battle.

Guess I'll just grind my way through ghost battle until I get it.

You can also do position reset just so you know. Makes things easier.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
This may have been answered but are the preorder dlc parts not available for download yet? My gamestop codes didnt work.

Hellix

Gah, I went 9-0 online until I ran into an undefeated Asuka/Jun team. He made good use of tagging, which I do not really do.

zlatko

Banned
Oh I was also seriously surprised when I saw an online pass in the box last night. Is that the first fighter this generation that has an online pass?

Surprised it didn't cause more of a huff puff with people here on GAF.

dot

Oh I was also seriously surprised when I saw an online pass in the box last night. Is that the first fighter this generation that has an online pass?

Wait...there's an online pass?! I think Mortal Kombat 9 had an online pass.

I'm still getting the game but it's pretty dumb.

bumpkin

There's an online pass? I didn't see any such thing in my copy (PS3) unless it was somewhere clever like on the back of the manual.

zlatko

Banned
There's an online pass? I didn't see any such thing in my copy (PS3) unless it was somewhere clever like on the back of the manual.

360 version just had a separate piece of paper on top of the manual that had the code on the back of it. At first I thought it was packed in as pre order DLC, then I read it and was like, "oh nvm."

I have NO CLUE where my pre order items are for doing a Best Buy pre-order. :/

bumpkin

It is actually.
Ah. Well then. I only got time to mess around with Fight Lab for 10 minutes or so by the time I got through a system update, patch and install. I'll definitely have to make sure I find that sucker and redeem it. A friend of mine who I used to have epic Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag matches with bought the game too so we could play online; he's living across the country now.

Some pluses:

My negatives:

----------------

He's quite good. One thing worth keeping in mind though is that almost anyone is viable in this game as the tiers are very close together and because you've the ability to battle with another character you can minimise your main characters' weaknesses so if you like Paul, by all means use him. In the stream that was posted by Doomshine (it's offline now) RIP was doing incredibly well with Paul (I think his death fist does almost 60% damage while in Rage!) so he's definitely viable.

Also, all of that anger from Blood Red and Enigma on the stream was both bizarre and hilarious.

Top Bottom