• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

I just realized my Gamestop receipt has a code for the Tekken site for some bonus materials. They have 4 remixes for Snoop's song... Dubstep, Drum & Bass, Funk, and Electro Pop. Needless to say, they're all horrible. There is no saving this song. Fuck it, I'm just gonna put some Wu-Tang on that stage.

Are there actual differences between Sebastian/Lili, Miharu/Xiouyu and Bob/Slim Bob? Other than Slim Bob having trouble doing certain Bob moves due to being slim, I can't tell much else.

I just realized my Gamestop receipt has a code for the Tekken site for some bonus materials. They have 4 remixes for Snoop's song... Dubstep, Drum & Bass, Funk, and Electro Pop. Needless to say, they're all horrible. There is no saving this song. Fuck it, I'm just gonna put some Wu-Tang on that stage.

Fuuuck now I want a 36 chambers stage.
It'd probably fit in MK better anyway.

Doomshine

Are there actual differences between Sebastian/Lili, Miharu/Xiouyu and Bob/Slim Bob? Other than Slim Bob having trouble doing certain Bob moves due to being slim, I can't tell much else.

There were definitely some unique moves in there, but they are obviously based on those characters.

they are 90% palette swaps like the other DLC characters & Kuma/Eddy with some different moves added/removed.

bumpkin

Oh yeah. There is the video and art. But I wished the 4 tracks were not all about Snoop Dogg.
I was just glad that my preorder codes which unlock the bonuses (extra chars, bikinis, etc.) unlocked the Snoop Dogg stuff as its own download. That way I can ignore it and not taint an otherwise amazing game with that drivel.

Chavelo

I was just glad that my preorder codes which unlock the bonuses (extra chars, bikinis, etc.) unlocked the Snoop Dogg stuff as its own download. That way I can ignore it and not taint an otherwise amazing game with that drivel.

Eh, the stage is alright. Just change the song for it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, most of the people in Outfit B with shirts look so damned BAD. Then Miguel shows up and has 3 outfits - do they unlock, or do some just get more? I honestly can't figure it out and I've attempted to do research on it. :|

CSX

For the person asking why a youtube vid had an online match where the backgrounds were not empty...

When you watch a replay of an online match, the game puts the background back in.

Tizoc

Man, most of the people in Outfit B with shirts look so damned BAD. Then Miguel shows up and has 3 outfits - do they unlock, or do some just get more? I honestly can't figure it out and I've attempted to do research on it. :|

Pretty sure each charcter has at least 2 outfits, with the rest you have to make by yourself.

A.E Suggs

Beginners (myself included), we all should follow this:

Yeah maybe I should have followed this. I'm 7-21 and i'm still getting my assed handed to me by the unlikeliest of opponents. In every match I always make it to the 3 round weather I make a comeback or start off winning but I always lose the final round. Does fight lab teach you the best ways to approach in this game because that's what I need.

Damn please dont telll me Sebastian's d/b+4 is like T6 Lili's and you get a free combo on a regular hit. Oh wait, online isnt shitty anymore so it doesnt even matter =)

DEATH™

So anyone break down exactly how tag assault works?

Tag Assault is just a tag buffered bound. You buffer 5 along with your bound move and your tag partner will come in, letting that character do a move/string, losing all his red life and giving his opponent's tag partner rage/netsu.

ex. King launch f+2 2, f+1, b+2 1+2~5 TA! AK 3+4 2 King iSW

iqubal

Banned
damn, i was gonna wait to get this game but EB Canada had it for 49.99 and the game is damn good. But I regret not preordering it now, as I missed all that sweet DLC lols.

Ferrio

Banned
DEATH™;42029786 said:
Tag Assault is just a tag buffered bound. You buffer 5 along with your bound move and your tag partner will come in, letting that character do a move/string, losing all his red life and giving his opponent's tag partner rage/netsu.

ex. King launch f+2 2, f+1, b+2 1+2~5 TA! AK 3+4 2 King iSW

Yes I get that... but like when I was doing it in combo mode they'd switch back and forth between attacking when both were in. What triggers who you're controlling?

Haters. Handsome Bob is best Bob.

normal_GL08110586.jpg

Played around in Tekken Tunes and noticed that all of the previous games had libraries for future DLC. Loved this feature in VF5 as well. Are you listening, Capcpom?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
When you select the first character of your tag team, is there way to go back and cancel that selection if you change your mind?

Liethe

For the person asking why a youtube vid had an online match where the backgrounds were not empty...

When you watch a replay of an online match, the game puts the background back in.
Ah, thanks! I figured it might be something like this... good to know!

I still sorta wish they didnt have to do that background cutting but if the online is really as smooth as people keep saying then it's for a worthy cause.

CSX

Anyone have an idea of a good upload speed for this game?

I have windstream dsl. 12mbps download but only .6 mbps upload.

I think the upload speed is limiting me to people that live a city away from me lol. Still 4-5 bar connections with those people though.

Fantasmo

Online play is smooth for reals?

I played with a friend who lives about 5-10 miles away. It was a 5 bar connection the whole time and felt like we were playing next to each other.

When you select the first character of your tag team, is there way to go back and cancel that selection if you change your mind?

I might be wrong but I don't think so.

Ah, thanks! I figured it might be something like this... good to know!

I still sorta wish they didnt have to do that background cutting but if the online is really as smooth as people keep saying then it's for a worthy cause.

I've never played a fighting game online so smooth. Okay, maybe kaillera mame back in the day, but this is a cutting edge game we're talking about and the only hiccups are pre and post fight. I like arcade accuracy, but you can immediately tell the trade off went to very good use.

4 bar had minor hiccups and is more comparable to other games. So I'd call this top of the heap for right now. You can force search by quality of connection which every game should have.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone have an idea of a good upload speed for this game?

I have windstream dsl. 12mbps download but only .6 mbps upload.

I think the upload speed is limiting me to people that live a city away from me lol. Still 4-5 bar connections with those people though.

Upload has little to nothing to do with ping.

Top Bottom