• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas Governor Vows to 'Fight Back' for North Carolina Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this kicking and screaming as they lose their war for a fully puritanical "Christian" culture. It's kinda crazy that somehow even people like Megyn Kelly know the score more than people like Dan Patrick:

RawStory/Fox said:
When Patrick reached the point of talking about men dressing up as women to assault little girls in the bathroom, Kelly had clearly had enough.

“A lot of sex offenders are men who molest men, little boys,” She pointed out.”Why do they need to sneak into the girls room?”

Patrick immediately changed the subject, citing his 8-year-old granddaughter and how he doesn’t want a man sharing a bathroom with her, only to have Kelly cut him off again.

“But what if a man looks like a woman and she would never notice him?” she asked.

“Megyn, you’re missing the–,” Patrick parried only to have Kelly shut him down with, “No, I don’t think I’m missing anything.”

Kthulhu

With the way Texas is gerrymandered? Not in our lifetimes I'm afraid.

Good point, forgot about that.

For those not in the know:

TXfullsize.png

Oh man, it was the daily bread and butter of the conservative radio shows here.

And no, $400,000 doesn't cover the amount of ads against it. So those numbers are wrong, especially since a lot of it was private money.

Maybe a few people went from supporting it to opposing it due to the implied rape in the bathrooms ads, true. But that was thanks to the fear campaign.
Interesting. The numbers look comprehensive but it makes sense how talk radio and that sort of thing doesn't go in the list. Sort of like Trump and his $2 billion of free media during the primary, despite spending next to nothing of his own money.

Meowster

All this kicking and screaming as they lose their war for a fully puritanical "Christian" culture. It's kinda crazy that somehow even people like Megyn Kelly know the score more than people like Dan Patrick:
Megyn has been much more bearable this election season.

I'm so frustrated and mad for my trans brothers and sisters who are dealing with this extra fallout. Hopefully this discussion will help lead them to the respect and the rights that they deserve and need.

Lol, it's a shame she works for fox news. She might actually be a pundit worth listening to otherwise.

Rumors were she was going to one of the cable networks. I think Fox's defense or lack thereof during the trump ordeal pushed hey over the edge.

Or it could be strategy to get concessions from Fox.

I really wish you non-native Texans and non-residents understood the fukkery of the gerrymandering in Texas. It's next level.

We were on the verge of becoming a blue state until the insanity of 02' and Rick Perry's need to control the state house happened.

She's the same person that had that Santa Clause/Jesus is white, "sorry kids" fiasco, but it's almost like she been pivoting a bit ever since Trump.

The whole network has been pivoting since Trump.

The know the writing is on the wall and are trying to reposition themselves so they can go "yeah see that guy, he's fucking nuts" when he loses.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The parallels between this and drinking fountains are pretty stark in terms of the ridiculous rhetoric dining room politicians.

I imagine one of them grandstanding on the steps of a fancy bathroom with state police soon.

And your hear that trans people? Just make up your mind, whatever!

Ann Richards was the last one.

After her was Bush, then Perry. Now Abbot.

How fucking depressing is that? *sobs*

Things would be better if we could even turn like, 2-3 rural districts.

It's just that they've neutered the DFW and Austin voting power, so it's an uphill battle from jump just to get seats in the house.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
As a Texan, I am so, so sorry America
Don't worry, I've always thought lowly of your state (except for your excellent record of real estate price controls). You will always be the biggest and loudest state in the "States which almost always hold this country back from being as good as the rest of the industrialized world in quality of life metrics, economically and socially" portion of America, in my eyes. (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Alabama, Mississippi, northern Florida, non-Atlanta Georgia, and non-New Orleans Louisiana).

I expected no better of you :).

:(

Kthulhu

Don't worry, I've always thought lowly of your state (except for your excellent record of real estate price controls). You will always be the biggest and loudest state in the "States which almost always hold this country back from being as good as the rest of the industrialized world in quality of life metrics, economically and socially" portion of America, in my eyes. (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Alabama, Mississippi, northern Florida, non-Atlanta Georgia, and non-New Orleans Louisiana).

Please
I expected no better of you :).

:(

We have nice people here, I promise. Especially in the major cities.

Hale-XF11

There's something creepy about 60-year old men caring so much what people do in a bathroom.

Seriously. Republicans are the creepiest people in the whole country. Always talking about what people do in private and trying to legislate what people do with their own bodies. They simply can't leave us normal people alone.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
We have nice people here, I promise. Especially in the major cities.
But you're almost always on the "not nice" side of history and current events. You may be nice to the 50 people living across and/or down the street, or to the stranger you sit next to at the fair, but remove that face to face association and your state as a collective has a terrible track record :(

Kthulhu

But you're almost always on the "not nice" side of history and current events. You may be nice to the 50 people living across and/or down the street, or to the stranger you sit next to at the fair, but remove that face to face association and your state as a collective has a terrible track record :(

True, but our city's are a lot bluer than the rest of the state.

Once I heard someone describe Texas as "A bowl of tomato soup with a few blueberries floating in it."

NeOak

True, but our city's are a lot bluer than the rest of the state.

Once I heard someone describe Texas as "A bowl of tomato soup with a few blueberries floating in it."

So true. You leave the big cities and you can see the grass is red along the highways.

Mike M

Nick N
I'd love to see politicians justify that one.
The argument presented in court is that it's not discriminating against anyone based on their minority status, but because they're not Republican and political affiliation is not a protected class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom