• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thank you, 343 and MS for delaying Halo Infinite

DavidGzz

Yes graphics are everything its the end all be all, the gameplay was also dull as fuck but lets not talk about that. BotW2 is trash and dumb to smoke. I know because my uncle works at Nintendo.

I know you're trolling to troll but what can you do with FPS game play anymore? It reached it's peak with Halo 1 which is why I prefer third person games now. Halo would be so much better in that perspective. You could actually maneuver like the super ninja he is in the books instead of some slow common soldier. The only thing he has over one now is a high jump.

McCheese

Thank them? What sort of cuck move is this.

They hyped it up two weeks ago despite it clearly being unready for prime time. It shows sheer incompetence that they needed the Craig meme to happen before they took action.

And what action have they taken? Blaming covid (cop out), no new release date, and no management re-shuffle at 343. They've not accepted any responsibility for fucking up an entire console launch.

But I do hope your wife's son loves the game once it's eventually released.

Last edited:

TBiddy

I know you're trolling to troll but what can you do with FPS game play anymore? It reached it's peak with Halo 1 which is why I prefer third person games now. Halo would be so much better in that perspective. You could actually maneuver like the super ninja he is in the books instead of some slow common soldier. The only thing he has over one now is a high jump.

Just report and move on. Could potentially weed out some of the worst offenders.

GreatnessRD

They don't get any credit from me. They knew this game was piss poor, thought shit was sweet, and still released that trailer hoping nobody was gonna care. Would've respected them more if they just said "We're gonna hold it back for quality purposes and we know this isn't anywhere near ready". Not no bullshit story about covid fuckin' them up and now all of a sudden they care because of the backlash. Not going for it, pley-boi.

Fuck was they doing for 5 years? Didn't someone said they've been working on this for 5 years? Christ...

Mobilemofo

They don't get any credit from me. They knew this game was piss poor, thought shit was sweet, and still released that trailer hoping nobody was gonna care. Would've respected them more if they just said "We're gonna hold it back for quality purposes and we know this isn't anywhere near ready". Not no bullshit story about covid fuckin' them up and now all of a sudden they care because of the backlash. Not going for it, pley-boi.

Fuck was they doing for 5 years? Didn't someone said they've been working on this for 5 years? Christ...

Working on it for 5 years.. 10 minutes a week. One man on rotation. Ffs ms, least you can do is provide some competition to Sony otherwise their heads will end up firmly up their asshole again

Yakuza is still a great series. But let's be honest - it never was a system seller.
No wonder it took MS years to even care to invest some $$$ to bring it to Xbox.
it never was a system seller.
No wonder it took MS years to even care to invest some $$$ to bring it to Xbox.
So now that xbox gets jp dev support uu it doesnt move units who cares. Yea ill restate what I said in another thread at this point MS should just close up shop there no pleasing anyone quick run down.

MS buys studios:
gaming audience: why arent AAA games out in 1 year times
MS get jp support:
gaming audience: who cares they dont move units.
MS invest into BC and forward compatibility
gaming audience: who wants to play old games "odd since these people are hyped for a ps3 remaster of demon souls"
MS delays a game to do some polish
gaming audience: it will be trash anyways

you cant win LOL

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I wouldn’t thank them, but they made the right move. The whole art direction threw me off with the pilot looking kind of cartoonish or something, I can’t really place it.

I hope the game ends up great for folks that like Halo.

Ar¢tos

Knowing the state of the game shouldn't MS had NOT announced a release date in the first place??

They know it's not good enough, announce a date and reveal it anyway and now people THANK them for delaying it?

Gaming Stockholm Syndrome at its best....

Knowing the state of the game shouldn't MS had NOT announced a release date in the first place??

They know it's not good enough, announce a date and reveal it anyway and now people THANK them for delaying it?

Gaming Stockholm Syndrome at its best....
I don't even think Halo Infinite was their mistake in all this, if the game has to be delayed it has to be delayed, it's probably for the best. Their mistake was resting everything on just that, like how can you be so incompetent?

DarkBatman

SBI’s Employee of the Year
So now that xbox gets jp dev support uu it doesnt move units who cares. Yea ill restate what I said in another thread at this point MS should just close up shop there no pleasing anyone quick run down.

MS buys studios:
gaming audience: why arent AAA games out in 1 year times
MS get jp support:
gaming audience: who cares they dont move units.
MS invest into BC and forward compatibility
gaming audience: who wants to play old games "odd since these people are hyped for a ps3 remaster of demon souls"
MS delays a game to do some polish
gaming audience: it will be trash anyways

you cant win LOL

I never said one of those things. I just answered your post claiming that Yakuza 7 would be a system seller for a console launch, which it clearly isn't.

Why can't I just have a calm discussion without someone automatically turning it into a "STOP HATING ON MS" statement?
It's great they brought Yakuza to Xbox, but let's be honest: The vast majority of gamers worldwide won't buy an XSX to play the next gen version of Yakuza 7. Especially because the current gen version will launch at the same time.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
This is terrible news for MS. When the news started appearing that the Series X was indeed more powerful graphically and in compute power than the PS5, I genuinely thought we would see a bit of a shift towards being a more balanced market, more competition.

Hell I even contemplated getting one myself at one point as I adored my 360. This just shows how amateurish MS first party studios are in comparison to Sony. 5 years and now a delay of the highest magnitude, they never should have shown it of last month, a blind person could see it was a mess of a game.

this is going to hurt their sales quite a bit at launch I think. I am sure 3rd party games will look awesome on the Series X, theoretically they should play better than on PS5, but the exclusives are essentially why I will be sticking with a PS5 this gen primarily. I’d love to play flight Sim, that’s the only game that would tempt me to buy a series X at present as it would probably be better value than forking out for a high end PC. Hopefully MS can turn this around as Sony need competition to stop them becoming complacent. At the end of the day these are just 2 businesses, they’d shit on their customers if they could get away with it so they need each other to stay somewhat honest.

edit: also don’t think we should be thanking them, they literally had no option to delay the game, but there are obviously severe development issues at 343, Halo has never been the same since Bungie left. Just look at the popularity of destiny. Imagine if that was an Xbox exclusive. MS dropped the ball big time on that.

Last edited:

JTCx

There can always be stuff done with the genre, its their job to explore new ideas. I mean they could just look at Doom for inspiration :messenger_weary: :messenger_ok:

turtlepowa

Banned
You gotta love how the blue boys getting wet panties over this while they would say on any non Microsoft game "good choice, take your time".
So right now Microsoft has 0 first party games at launch and Sony just a better DLC. Disappointing next gen so far.

Raekwon26

You gotta love how the blue boys getting wet panties over this while they would say on any non Microsoft game "good choice, take your time".
So right now Microsoft has 0 first party games at launch and Sony just a better DLC. Disappointing next gen so far.

Look at this? This right here is the problem.

Lack of accountability, constant excuses, constant bullshit and constant "what about them?"

Disgraceful.

the_master

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Halo and 343i. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the delay and forum posts will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Phil Spencer and Bonnie Ross's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- their personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The the Halo and 343i fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these delays, to realise that they're not just delays- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Phil Spencer, Bonnie Ross,Halo and Craig truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Phil Spencer and Bonnie Ross's existential catchphrase "This is going to be the best launch ever," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Phil Spencer and Bonnie Ross's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Phil Spencer and Bonnie Rosss tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎
Don't worry, you don't need such a high IQ. I am sure even you can understand that it is good for the game to be delayed, even after all the pr people overhyping it and basing all the launch strategy around it.

Bankai

Pfffff. I'm sorry but this is just bullshit. Don't release the console without a smash-hit!

Xbox need to come out of the gates swinging like crazy after the XBone era.

Pfffff. I'm sorry but this is just bullshit. Don't release the console without a smash-hit!

Xbox need to come out of the gates swinging like crazy after the XBone era.

Sony would be sitting at 20million ps5 sold by the time this gets ready.

Xbox could even loose some 3rd party support.

Not to mention they will have to rework console design to include newer chip at the time.

Achille0s

I'm sorry for the MS hardware department they deserve better, I think they should let 343i release the game then shut down the studio and let the other teams handle the updates and stuff in the game.

II_JumPeR_I

What have they done during these last 5 years of development?
paleycenter-xUA7bhv4o0biM0WyOI

Last edited:
Why all the hate on MS, it seems when other studios delay games like cyberpunk, last of us 2 off the top of my head, that's ok but when MS do it hysteria breaks out.. I don't get it. Crazy

Shmunter

Why all the hate on MS, it seems when other studios delay games like cyberpunk, last of us 2 off the top of my head, that's ok but when MS do it hysteria breaks out.. I don't get it. Crazy
It carries significantly more weight being considered a pillar of Xbox and within the context of a next gen launch. Which seemingly now is nothing more than a wet fart

aries_71

If they don't change 343's management, right now, even one whole year delay won't amount to much. They need to let the bosses go and replace them with competent professionals. The actual management is good only to supervise Halo's comics and books, and even that is debatable.

Last edited:

Gandih42

I don't think there's any need to be grateful for a big corporation for delaying a product they want to sell you. They just want your money man. Definitely seemed like the right move though, given the reception the trailer had. I personally thought it looked fun, but with the massive expectations I can see why people weren't happy (I've never played more than an hour of the first game so I didn't really have any expectations).

I really hope this works out, both for all the fans and for the success of the Series X. I'm not getting one myself, but I'd want Sony to have good competition so they're pressured to make high quality games and stay away from bullshit business practices. Honestly really excited to see how this console launch goes for both Microsoft and Sony.

Not really, not from my perspective anyway. It disappointing but doesn't really change anything in regards to the Series X for me.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. But the situations are fundamentally different because Halo Infinite's purpose as the flagship title was to drive platform sales. It had 5 years of development and it's still not ready, meeting the launch deadline was crucial. That's why the situations are different.

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. But the situations are fundamentally different because Halo Infinite's purpose as the flagship title was to drive platform sales. It had 5 years of development and it's still not ready, meeting the launch deadline was crucial. That's why the situations are different.
I'm thinking perhaps Halo Infinite was aimed at driving more gamepass subs rather than hardware, it's a multigen title which can be played on current gen so need to upgrade your hardware, now if it was a Series X exclusive then that's another story. But yes it the delay is disappointing but not the end of the world.

the_master

Exactly. We should be happy to get a game delayed if it is to significantly improve it.

Regardless of the mistakes that have made or the problems encountered, qnd responsibilities to be demanded. This was the right choice for the game.

I have not seen any gamer who is looking forward to playing Halo, being angry for the delay. I have seen them angry for the gameplay reveal, like, from mildly disappointed to very angry. But this good choice actually gives us hope for the game.

Ellery

Yes I agree. Big bold move to delay the game. I didn't see it coming given how important it is for the Xbox Series X release.

But you have to ask yourself if a 1 year (or even less) delay is enough. The biggest problem was that the game looked like a 2014 game and not like a 2020 Xbox Series X launch title. Not sure if they can fix that for 2021.

For me as a PC gamer in the Microsoft ecosystem it is a great decision, but not sure how Xbox console owners feel about it.

CrysisFreak

Banned
They are in a "damned if you do damned if you don't" situation and that means that they will get flamed on the web no matter what they do.
Not a good situation to be in let's face it.
Thing is they did the right thing it had to be delayed but that simply means they kinda did the wrong thing these last 5 years.
And I hope it ends good for them.

TheContact

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" -Shigeru Miyamoto
-Michael Scott

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
i said years ago they should have pushed multiplayer out asap and iterated with full transparency in a kind of perma flight mode

shroud the campaign in however many shadows you want, don't keep your marquee multiplayer shooter locked away like a beast

Lawyers analysis of the Halo delay. Heads will roll, XsX launch strategy was centred around Halo. Brings receipts.

In terms of high profile releases, what do they have around the first months of XSX? Whilst I get Halo is huge , it’s like well what comes after that? That’s my biggest disappointment, Gears 5 was last September too.

Last edited:
I highly doubt 343I is competent enough to fix this game. Yes, I'm still salty about what they did with the MCC. They launched a remastered broken mass with missing games and PVP that didn't work most of the time. And halo 5 campaign was ass, but had a much better PVP experience, I'll give them that.

Smoke6

Well for starters, people know what they’re getting from those developers you mentioned as far as delaying there games go! No bullshit excuses, just cut and dry and we see the work and what from it!

Halo never looked good from the get go and 5 years in and it still looks rough from a developer that from what I’ve been reading doesn’t have a good track record with this franchise at all!

Now how hard was that to understand ?

Glad they delayed it but ps5 Road to 10 million became like a cake walk for sony . Competition is needed and ms isn't giving any unfortunately. Hopefully soon .

Not really, both consoles will sell out at launch and will keep being hot items for the near future. Halo being there or not wont stop the XSX from selling out this holiday. They sellout iphones on a yearly basis simply cause people want "whats new". This is no different.

If Halo makes it 2021, it will coincide with the TV show also due out in 2021. It could be the perfect marketing storm for Halo if both make it for 2021.

Not to mention, price will be key.

Last edited:
Well for starters, people know what they’re getting from those developers you mentioned as far as delaying there games go! No bullshit excuses, just cut and dry and we see the work and what from it!

Halo never looked good from the get go and 5 years in and it still looks rough from a developer that from what I’ve been reading doesn’t have a good track record with this franchise at all!

Now how hard was that to understand ?
Blind fans, just that. I love the IP but I'll give credit where credit is due. And for all know and played from 343I halo games, they lack the talent to outmatch what Bungie did with the franchise. But that isn't the problem in itself, it's that they don't know how to manage a project, the more I look the more I find parallels between 343I and Bioware, but without the good track record that Bioware had back in the day, they are just a badly managed studio through and through.

Last edited:
Top Bottom