• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 25 Highest Earning Youtube Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exile20

This is an old story but it opened my eyes. Wow.

The Highest Earning Youtube Stars: (estimated annual earnings)

#40: TimothyDeLaGhetto – $1 million (553 million total video views)
#39: SHAYTARDS – $1 million (809m views)
#38: Shane Dawson – $1 million (1 billion views)
#37: TheRadBrad – $1 million (774m views)
#36: ElRubiusOMG – $1.1 million (610m views)
#35: Vsauce – $1.2 million (577 million views)
#34: PrankvsPrank – $1.3 million (638m views)
#33: EpicMealTime – $1.3 million (668m views)
#32: FPSRussia – $1.3 million (600m views)
#31: MichellePhan – $1.3 million (890m views)
#30: TheDiamondMinecart – $1.4 million (400m views)
#29: Potemi926 – $1.6 million (422m views)
#28: Vegetta777 – $1.6 million (586m views)
#27: WhiteBoy7thst – $1.7 million (590m views)
#26: TheLonelyIsland – $1.7 million (1.4 billion views)
#25: Sxephil – $1.7 million (1.2b views)
#24: FreddieW – $1.8 million (980m views)
#23: SpeedyW03 – $2 million (731m views)
#22: TheBajanCanadian – $2 million (574m views)
#21: HolaSoyGerman – $2 million (1.1b views)
#20: TheWillyRex – $2 million (1b views)
#19: Tobuscus – $2 million (940m views)
#18: TheFineBros – $2.2 million (1.4b views)
#17: AdamThomasMoran – $2.2 million (614m views)
#16: SkyDoesMinecraft – $2.3 million (1.7b views)
#15: BoyceAvenue – $2.3 million (1.2b views)
#14: Nigahiga – $2.3 million (1.7b views)
#13: ERB – $2.4 million (893m views)
#12: CaptainSparklez – $3.2 million (1.3b views)
#11: CollegeHumor – $3.3 million (2.3b views)
#10: RealAnnoyingOrange – $3.4 million (1.9b views)
#9: UberHaxorNova – $3.5 million (1.1b views)
#8: RayWilliamJohnson – $4 million (2.6b views)
#7: TobyGames – $4.2 million (1.6b views)
#6: JennaMarbles – $4.3 million (1.4b views)
#5: BluCollection – $4.8 million (1.4b views)
#4: DisneyCollectorBR – $5 million (1.6b views)
#3: Smosh – $5.7 million (3.1b views)
#2: BlueXephos – $6.7 million (2.4b views)
#1: Pewdiepie – $7 million (3.7b views)

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/celebrity/the-25-highest-earning-youtube-stars/

Volotaire

You have to remember, many YouTube users are using a variation of Adblock or are not clicking the ad/not watching it the whole way through which diminishes the potential earnings.

Biff

That's 40
Lol

Chop those numbers in half and those are pretty accurate estimates.

But yeah, can't believe I live in a world where sxephil makes more money than doctors, surgeons, bankers, professional athletes, etc. That's probably the single most damning sign for the fate of humanity... Even worse than war, nuclear armament, and disease put together.

Foffy

Banned
Lol

Chop those numbers in half and those are pretty accurate estimates.

But yeah, can't believe I live in a world where sxephil makes more money than doctors, surgeons, bankers, professional athletes, etc. That's probably the single most damning sign for the fate of humanity... Even worse than war, nuclear armament, and disease put together.

Don't remorse over the bad parts of humanity, try and bathe in the good.

Even if the good seems to be going the way of the dodo.

There was a video of The Evil Within... I was watching it and thinking, "man I wish this guy commentating would shut up."

That guy ended up being Pewdiepie.

The Lamp

Fuck, I didn't know you could become a millionaire off funny videos on YouTube :( I should have kept pursuing that in high school instead of being boring and going to college.

Dryk

It's not a very well put together list considering some of those channels are staffed by multiple and some of those people run multiple channels

Exile20

It's not a very well put together list considering some of those channels are staffed by multiple and some of those people run multiple channels
I know what the title says but it is more of the Youtube channel and not the Star of the channel themselves.

elektrixx

Banned
I know of three channels on that list. I assume the rest need a good slap to the face if they're all trying to act like PewDiePie.

glaurung

That annoying douche being #1 is an ominous reminder of just how fucked up and ignorant the dominating generation is at the moment.

Exile20

That annoying douche being #1 is an ominous reminder of just how fucked up and ignorant the dominating generation is at the moment.

I went to his channel for the first time just now and was flabbergasted at why he was so popular and the comment section was so depressing.

Welfare

I thought that site was very unreliable when it comes to how much money channels earn. Should take the numbers with a grain of salt.

Rootbeer

Banned
"Hmmm 1m per year is pretty damn nice for making videos all year"

Then I realized the list was in ascending order.

Fuck my life. Fuck it so much.

kirby_fox

Banned
I kept telling my parents as a kid, way before YouTube, that I wanted a video camera. But no. They didn't want to buy me one and I didn't have the money for one until after college when YouTube was too popular to even try to make it big.

I'm going to blame my parents for this one.

Rootbeer

Banned
What does a guy like PDP do with $7m a year... seriously! That's some insane dough for a gamer who spends a great deal of his time playing games at home. He is leveraging the system in the best possible way, can't blame him for that... just boggles my mind the kind of cash being exchanged.

People that I don't generally like making gobs and gobs of money doesn't normally bother me on really any level, but I can't help but feel a little twinge in the back of my neck and one of my eyes to start wiggling when I read this:

#1: Pewdiepie – $7 million (3.7b views)

I also start feeling a bit nauseous.

Spartacus

no way.
dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Volimar

What does a guy like PDP do with $7m a year... seriously! That's some insane dough for a gamer who spends a great deal of his time playing games at home. He is leveraging the system in the best possible way, can't blame him for that... just boggles my mind the kind of cash being exchanged.

If he's smart (yeah right), he puts 90% of it back for when his cash cow dries up.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Are they making these estimates like Socialblade does? Because those are wildly inaccurate.

And I say that as someone who makes around 100 bucks a month on youtube.

Kinyou

Like many others he has a contract with maker studios http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maker_Studios so I wonder how much of that money he actually gets (don't ask me why someone like pewdipie needs a producer in the first place)

Rokam

This must be a couple years old I assume? No RoosterTeeth or it's LP channel which is pulling in pretty large viewer numbers. So if it makes you all feel better all those people on the list are probably making more money now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom