• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Went and watched Black Jesus in one sitting.
It was alright but i feel like a second season would improve it alot.

Numb

I'm never gonna be able to get into black jesus. Should've been a cartoon.
I think i would have like it alot as a cartoon too like Black Dynamite or Boondocks.
Animated miracles are flashier than live action ones.
First season started off slow, but right when it got good and it seems they got their pacing is is when the season ended.
It can only get better from now on. Will check out the second season with higher hopes.

Jacir

Sups

figured Id like to start posting in a community thread, why not the perfect one.

Where you're from - Born in NY, Raised in VA
Where you live - Richmond currently
What is your age? - 22
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Half Panamanian , half Jamaican. Black on the Police Report
Do you know your roots - I need to read about the Moors
Favorite musical genre - Love mostly everything but favs are HipHop, Neo Soul, Deep House
Your profession/major/career interest - I double as a recording engineer, working on making in my profession
Your religious affiliation - I think religion is distracting, spirituality is more real.
Hobbies - Recording, Mixing & Mastering, Gaming, Tech, anything with wires I guess
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Im at the point in my life where Id honestly rather fry my own chicken

What's up. There's a lot of Richmond peeps around here it seems. I like your religion answer.

Jacir

It was my dads birthday today. When we sang the bday song to him, i had started crying. I wasn't expecting it. I love him. I want to get closer to him by traveling around the world. I'm sure he would love it. He hasn't visit his home country for decades. The feels I have I can't explain it.

I said goddamn.
jbxAOtD.gif

akira28

it's a long deconstruction, and I can't and won't disagree in defense of Cornel West. I like hearing them and reading them both, and EMD actually knows CW, so what do I know, really? But I think Cornel is allowed to have a few warts, and I don't mind seeing him kept on his toes, and corrected when he needs it. But I don't want to see the man obliterated.

Dude is steps away from calling him a false prophet. Is it that serious already?

and man it's a lot a words. I would be feeling some kind of way if I had a short novel written about my failings and non-thoughts like this.

it's a long deconstruction, and I can't and won't disagree in defense of Cornel West. I like hearing them and reading them both, and EMD actually knows CW, so what do I know, really? But I think Cornel is allowed to have a few warts, and I don't mind seeing him kept on his toes, and corrected when he needs it. But I don't want to see the man obliterated.

Dude is steps away from calling him a false prophet. Is it that serious already?

and man it's a lot a words. I would be feeling some kind of way if I had a short novel written about my failings and non-thoughts like this.

I mean, at that point, I'd feel like I'd reach the promised land. If anyone's going to write 2000+ words decrying me, I must have done major good, or major bad. Either way, I guess I made an impact.

At the very least I can hope I got paid as well.

And Cornell is paid, so I'm not crying too much.

jmood88

I'm not upset with Dr. West being upset with President Obama.
If he was just upset with him, then that'd be fine, his problem is that he feels personally slighted and his whole anti-Obama campaign has just sounded like the ramblings of a bitter old man.

Can't attack Michael Eric Dyson and not expect a novel in return. He's the black Stephen King.

KumaJG

This is a random question but if it isn't randomnit not Kuma.

What you guys favorite sandwich?

Mine are is the reuban sandwich

"black, white it doesn't matter. They are coming to get you. Just now white people realize they are coming to get your ass. You guys have been getting oppressed for a long time, just now this is new for us"
lV2kE.png
lV2kE.png
lV2kE.png
lV2kE.png
lV2kE.png

lmao!! he on some "for seven minutes, we have been getting oppressed by the man!!" shit, foh dude

Ain't nobody get their ass beat or shot so they haven't really experienced the true wonders of police brutality

Jacir

Just saw this thanks to another corner of the net

The privilege

Does it say something that by the end I forgot how this dumb shit started? I really don't understand their state of mind. I wanted to stop when he took the female angle as to why she was getting arrested. Also his statements about winners and losers....idk what to say.

YoungHav

Banned

Do burgers count? If not, Ham (or any sliced meat) cheese and mayo.
I was going to read this before going to bed. Going to have to pass up and read it tomorrow. MED is such a long winded speaker, what was I expecting as to this article's length?

LOL the article's title though. Diss track in paragraphs.

Village

hot or cold?

Hot: Cheeseburger Sub or this Sausage sub I get from this place on the outskirts of D.C

Cold: I dunno some weird amalgamation of deli/lunch meats. I like and eat a lot of cold sandwhiches , usually something like that.

Merc_

Just saw this thanks to another corner of the net

The privilege

Y'all should watch some sovereign citizen videos sometime. It's full of further incredible displays of white privilege. The world sure does seem different when you're not raised knowing that the slightest misstep could get you beaten and/or murdered.

KumaJG

hot or cold?

Hot: Cheeseburger Sub or this Sausage sub I get from this place on the outskirts of D.C

Cold: I dunno some weird amalgamation of deli/lunch meats. I like and eat a lot of cold sandwhiches , usually something like that.

Cold sandwiches my fav

Do burgers count? If not, Ham (or any sliced meat) cheese and mayo.

I was going to read this before going to bed. Going to have to pass up and read it tomorrow. MED is such a long winded speaker, what was I expecting as to this article's length?

LOL the article's title though. Diss track in paragraphs.

Burgers count. I went to places where the burgers just wasn't good.

Sou Da

It wasn't until I took a group photo at a convention that I realized what being the black neighbor in a sitcom is like.

andthebeatgoeson

My man. Goat sandwich.

Fyi: cheese steak is on another level.

At some point, you say,'we just started getting oppressed', you have to feel like a dick, right? Like, I can't let some stupid shit come out of my mouth, like, 'I've suffered a five minute holocaust'. Or hipster is the new n word.

Wait.

Best (struggle) sandwich:

Take 3 pieces of bologna. Fry them shits into a dome. Slice it. Put it on a steak roll that you toasted in the bologna grease. Cabbage, swiss cheese.

Trey

I don't know how to feel about this piece. It doesn't give me a whole lot of insight into the fall of what was once supposed to be a great scholar. Read more like a hit piece that can be summed up as "you don't have the juice any more, OG." Much of the article's value is served in Dyson's personal account of his upbringing and friendship with West.

It's interesting (and slightly humorous) to me that the only things I've ever read from Dyson are pointed teardowns of once-celebrated black icons.

Who was the Jackie Robinson of Fighting Game Commentary. B/c without the black guy trash talking commentary for these Pro matches it'd be so much more boring

but yea olde girl was straight up resisting hardcore and the Cop was doing his best not to do the typical thrown to the ground, knee in back to get both her hands. He gently had her on the car trying to get it thena little more forcefully on the building

Who was the Jackie Robinson of Fighting Game Commentary. B/c without the black guy trash talking commentary for these Pro matches it'd be so much more boring

Yipes, Chris Matrix, and Lee Chung seem to be the commentators people love the most in terms of color, while UltraDavid, James Chen, and Seth Killian are the ones for general knowledge. Spooky does well with both sides, too.

Yipes probably was the first internet-famous commentator with this video though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

Shy

Sups

figured Id like to start posting in a community thread, why not the perfect one.

Where you're from - Born in NY, Raised in VA
Where you live - Richmond currently
What is your age? - 22
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Half Panamanian , half Jamaican. Black on the Police Report
Do you know your roots - I need to read about the Moors
Favorite musical genre - Love mostly everything but favs are HipHop, Neo Soul, Deep House
Your profession/major/career interest - I double as a recording engineer, working on making in my profession
Your religious affiliation - I think religion is distracting, spirituality is more real.
Hobbies - Recording, Mixing & Mastering, Gaming, Tech, anything with wires I guess
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Im at the point in my life where Id honestly rather fry my own chicken
Welcome new fam, hope you have a great week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom