• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Shy

Morning brehs.
Mornin' everyone.
Mornin' all.
Evening.
What's the next big game coming out
Wolfenstein II: New Colossus.
Mario Odyssey.
Mario X Rabbids.
Assassin's Creed: Origins.

That's all i can think of, at the moment.
Arrow fans, the woman that played Shadow dipped on Hollywood and is now in one of the biggest movies in the world.
Good for her.

I tapped out of Arrow early season 4.

It became for too silly.

Shy

Ohh yeah. I genuinely forgot about Destiny 2. Sorry about that.

Also Yakuza: Kiwami. (The PS4 HD remake of Yakuza 1)

Shy

Came across this on my net travels.

You guys should read this. It's about the man who was beaten in the parking lot during the Nazi rally.

It's very scary as to what could have been.

It's refreshing to see the alt right get smoked out of there internet holes.
tumblr_o4o8p83JYY1tslewgo1_500.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned

Should've happened YEARS ago, I'm talking like 2008.

Everyone just allowed places like Stormfront & /pol/ to fester for years and never thought it would leak over into everywhere else. Well surprise surprise!

Faustek

Evening beautiful people. Vacation is officially go.

Oho, fill me in. Anything specific? I need to gloat. Not sorry but I need this.

Lol Lightskintwin is chill. I mentioned earlier that a woman called me a snack. I wonder what Lightskintwin's advice would've been. Almost everybody here told me to run.

I told you to go for it and learn something.

Faustek

Evening.

Hope you have a great Holiday.

Thanks but it's gonna be more work around the house than anything. That and having family over. I actually think I might play some Civ as well. Need to get in this new one so I can hold my own against Slay and Sc1sm.

Slayven

she always get the craziest moments with black folk on cnn i swear lol

Feel sorry for her trying to keep everyone calm lol yeah right

"GET YOUR GUESTS UNDER CONTROL! GET 'EM UNDER CONTROL!"

She looked like she was about to cry.

But i would too if i had to listen to Paris all damn day

RedSwirl

I was thinking the same thing today, seeing stories about different groups starting to take white nationalism a lot more seriously after this weekend. We'll see how far it goes though, how much real action we see. I heard about what happened with GoDaddy and I think one other internet hosting service getting rid of a lot of that stuff.

Should've happened YEARS ago, I'm talking like 2008.

Everyone just allowed places like Stormfront & /pol/ to fester for years and never thought it would leak over into everywhere else. Well surprise surprise!

Definitely. People back then though either didn't know what it was or didn't take the internet seriously. Others thought everyone on 4chan and other internet communities back then was just being ironic, and maybe a lot of the "first generation" was. Was there even twitter in 2008? People were still sorta talking about MySpace back then. Facebook and YouTube weren't what they are today community-wise.

So what's gonna happen? Are the big internet companies actually gonna try to tear all that shit down, or will that just force them to dig deeper?

And what happened to Anonymous? I haven't paid much attention to Anonymous since around that 2008 time period, but since then it seems like that group went in the opposite direction politically. If so, I guess the anarchist roots of the V For Vendetta imagery actually took hold. Stories are going around that they may have taken down some white nationalist sites after the rally, but I'm not sure if that was real.

Faustek

So what's gonna happen? Are the big internet companies actually gonna try to tear all that shit down, or will that just force them to dig deeper?

I'm looking at Germany and see how that plays out.
Atm Facebook is arguing that Germany's Fake News law isn't following the European laws already set and that they would be forced to delete "real news" as well.
And that is the crux of it according to FB. Who decides what is real and not?
Same as for Germany's hate speech laws as in Facebook will have 24h to remove it or be fined. This I'm 100% for though. People really need to learn how to behave. Can't be running around online behaving like scum just because no one really knows if it's you.

So I'm looking at how this plays out and being the ass I am I'm calling my Rep from time to time to just leave a message asking him to stop dilly daddling and start earning that vote.

D i Z

Why are we talking about that Child of Mr. Ruckus?

Paris is lost. Forget him.

Because he's not the only one showing up. He just happens to be on top of the pile now. Also, Sara Sidner knows her shit and is fine as fuck, and should have led that discussion.

D i Z

I love how that Colin M thread went down.

I wouldn't watch anything produced by that shitheel, but I assume he's showing his ass again.

Edit because I'm not done yet. Fuck that dude. For years his maladjustment's have been fucking up actual conversation about topics as they happen. Now he's decided to go to the deep end of the pool on his "anxiety" like all of these other shitbags, and he needs to be checked along with them. He had every opportunity to be better than this, all of the community he needed to learn something, and he just refused.

Dickhead knew that he'd get clicks from Gaf for it too and is gloating.

Top Bottom