• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Conduit Discussion Thread (Videos + Other Media)

Scrubking

I liked the movie AD feel of that story trailer. I wonder if they designed it like that on purpose as a TV ad or something.

Anyway, I'd really like to see more multiplayer video. Preferrably an entire match from start to finish with no cuts.

markatisu

That new trailer was awesome, having lived most of my life in the DC area I am super excited to play through this. And the story sounds like a mix of 24 and ID4

scitek

That had better be a commercial, and they had better air it during X-Files reruns on Sci-Fi. I bet it would garner some interest, especially since they got the Sci-Fi Channel voice-guy in it. :p

EDIT: Fixed

If that latest trailer airs on TV, with some splices of people playing the game (i.e. the Red Steel marketing campaign that pushed it into the million-seller mark), the Conduit will do really well at retail.

markatisu

EDarkness said:
Damn, that trailer was awesome. They really need to use that as a commercial for the game.

They should also run it in theaters, I have seen less epic video game commercials in the last year.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Trailer was very well done, especially if it's used on television.

Nice trailer. My only complaint would be is that it gives you too many dates to establish a timeline. And I would omit the September 11th reference. Very nice though.

Just thought I'd pop in and give my two cents...

Has anybody bothered to take a look at High Voltage Software's previous releases? These guys are not capable of making a AAA game. In fact, when The Conduit was first announced, I almost wet myself in excitement... but then I saw who was developing it.

pakkit

Banned
The Mageling said:

Has anybody bothered to take a look at High Voltage Software's previous releases? These guys are not capable of making a AAA game. In fact, when The Conduit was first announced, I almost wet myself in excitement... but then I saw who was developing it.
Welcome to a year ago.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
The Mageling said:

i'm pretty sure we had this discussion, like 10 times, when we first saw the game. we've already come to a general consensus that HVS's previous releases do not necessarily paint the quality of this particular product, as they have had naught but licensed properties before the Conduit reared its then ugly head. since then, the game has evolved nicely with much critical acclaim. now would you kindly stop inciting riot? like this thread needs another flamewar...

Threi

notag
The Mageling said:

I don't even know why they bother with this Revolution game at all. It is obvious Red Steel will be the GOTY anyways.

Sorry, I didn't know it had already been discussed. I normally don't browse video game message boards.

To clarify, I'm not trying to incite a riot, I'm just saying some tempered enthusiasm may be in order. It seems like they're doing everything right so far, but there's no way to know for sure until we have our hands on the finished product.

I'd love to be proven wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed MP3, and I really want another solid FPS experience on the Wii. Guess we'll see.

markatisu

The Mageling said:
To clarify, I'm not trying to incite a riot, I'm just saying some tempered enthusiasm may be in order. It seems like they're doing everything right so far, but there's no way to know for sure until we have our hands on the finished product.

I'd love to be proven wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed MP3, and I really want another solid FPS experience on the Wii. Guess we'll see.

You should really look at IGN and Gametrailers to see how Conduit has developed. I think you might be surprised at how talented High Voltage really is.

hellclerk

Threi said:
I don't even know why they bother with this Revolution game at all. It is obvious Red Steel will be the GOTY anyways.
the funny (sad?) part is, Red Steel 2 will be coming out this year as well, likely only a few months after The Conduit. then again, even Haunted will back me up that the CLEAR GOTY winner is going to be Little King's Story.

RyuKanSan

Trailer=Awesome. The masses are sure to be interested or at least curious to find out more about this game. if it's coming out in June, I say start promotion middle of May. Get that name out there so people can be familiar with it and have it on their radar. Use that trailer as gateway.

hellclerk

RyuKanSan said:
Trailer=Awesome. The masses are sure to be interested or at least curious to find out more about this game. if it's coming out in June, I say start promotion middle of May. Get that name out there so people can be familiar with it and have it on their radar. Use that trailer as gateway.
late June. Late May, early June would be the best time to start, and during prime time spots too.

RyuKanSan

doomed1 said:
late June. Late May, early June would be the best time to start, and during prime time spots too.

Ah gotcha. Prime time would be good. I get sick of watching trailers for "hardcore" rated Wii games on Adult Swim or after 10pm. I hope SEGA really pushes this.

hellclerk

RyuKanSan said:
Ah gotcha. Prime time would be good. I get sick of watching trailers for "hardcore" rated Wii games on Adult Swim or after 10pm. I hope SEGA really pushes this.
well, adult swim is what i generally watch, but yeah, to run this during certain prime time sports slots and action show slots (Heroes, Lost, 24), as well as during teenaged boy targeted shows would bring in the main audience for this type of game.

Scrubking said:
Oooooh. So that's what that meant.

That was actually just a poorly written sentence, after being revised when I realized I shouldn't say TOO much about what I know. What I meant was "From what I've seen given their past..."

Scrubking

http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/20...the_conduit_multiplayer_madness#comment101030

But playing the Conduit didn’t feel like any other FPS out there: it felt natural. From shaking the nunchuk to throw a grenade, using down on the D-pad to zoom in on an enemy, and even simple things like pointing the remote to turn around or using A to jump, everything came together exactly how you would want it to. Moreover, the controls are totally customisable to the point where you can create whatever setup you want. It’s a truly unparalleled experience.

Eight of us were playing over the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection where everything was working seamlessly despite playing a non-final build of the game. After each match we were returned to the lobby where players can vote for the type of game, what weapons will be available, and which map the match will be held on. The range of choice is simply immense, and the different game modes rich and diverse. I didn’t get a chance to sample every aspect of the multiplayer, but everything I tried was truly engaging. There were enough matches to confidently say that this looks to be a truly magnificent multiplayer title

New impressions.

pakkit

Banned
Okay, so now we have pessimistic impressions and obvious fanboy impressions. Should we just average them out, pretend we've played the game and call it a day?

ksamedi

I think the multiplayer is going to be better than the single player game. Finally also Wiispeak support in a Wii game.

Davey Cakes

People have noted that the game seems like a generic shooter, but there's just something about it that just makes it look like boatloads of fun.

It's probably the controls. From what I've seen and heard, the game just looks and sounds fun to control in comparison to typical FPS. I really want to see how awesomely fluid it is with my own hands, especially since High Voltage is really pushing things on the customization end.

As a guy who does enjoy a good match of Halo 3, I can honestly say that The Conduit's multiplayer looks more fun.

markatisu said:
You should really look at IGN and Gametrailers to see how Conduit has developed. I think you might be surprised at how talented High Voltage really is.
Not only that, but they're both talented and willing to listen to feedback and suggestions.

Jon

Looks fun but I'm skeptical it will look that way when there are lots of people on the servers. I mean, what if all 5,000 people who buy this game play at once!

I am rooting for this game, but I just don't know...

IGN has written impressions: http://wii.ign.com/articles/979/979932p1.html

First thing's first: yes, to play with friends you'll need each system's friend code generated by The Conduit. Our multiplayer session featured twelve Nintendo Wii systems that had all the Friend Codes entered, with each system named a president of the United States – so, yes, frequently Obama gunned down Bush. But when the game's released that text field is fully customizable so you won't be stuck with the name of a previous leader of the free world.

da lfest of games

DeaconKnowledge said:
:lol Strafing and shooting at the same time seems to be too much for the average console gamer. The players are so bad you can't see if the maps provide for some tactical play.

It seems that everyone spawns with their favourite weapon, so no way to shut a map down - boring. Hopefully more powerful weapons like the rocket launcher are restricted to pick-ups.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have ability to show your killer in a "Call of Duty" like three second rewind, an option I wished the game had as many times I had no idea where my murderer was.
Good thing, kill cam is stupid.

Top Bottom