• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The current state of discussion

dolabla

SoulUnison SoulUnison you you've been hit by

You got struck by

A SweetNicole!

Yeah man I got got once already on an identical topic. Zero Tolerance policy, (ironically).

The internet interview Whitney Houston gave was in 2012. You kind of late to the party there

Everytime I see that name, I can't help but think just how full of themselves this person probably is just based on the name alone.

lifa-cobex

I think what really gets me is the sense of "community."

Like, I've been a GAF/ERA reader for more than a decade and a poster for 7 years.
Suddenly, because one particularly sensitive or malicious individual took needless offense to my comments, I'm cast out and separated from all the friends and acquaintances I've made on these sites over these years.

I never bothered to gather a mass of contact information or anything because I've never been one who was in danger of being "banned."
I'm not hostile or inflammatory, and I genuinely feel terrible when I learn that someone has been negatively affected by something I've said or done.
The idea that I would suddenly and somewhat randomly lose access to one of my peer groups just never really crossed my mind.

I can't help but feel that ERA, in a sense, sort of kidnapped GAF's community with the fear of being "left behind" in the transition, and now they're sort of being held hostage.

ERA is going to have a difficult time fostering a forum community.
From the beginning they have jumped onto a ship that was founded with set ideals around certain users beliefs.
It wasn't created from a blank slate with set rules that adhere to basic guild lines of how to conduct yourself within the site. It was made because the users felt betrayed and still wanted to continue fostering their beliefs.

A forum community has to be created organically and It takes a while to grow. You also have to allow for change and restructure. As new members come and old members leave, the core vibe of the site will change as time goes on.
It might even go full circle.
Some users wont like it and act out. Some will change their stance on certain topics and others will just go off into other sites looking for what they want.

From my pov it looks like ERA is going against the tide of change. It might end up crumbling them away if they don't allow inlets of different points of view.

Personally I've never seen the interest to get too attached to users on forums. But I know people that do and they seem OK with it.
But you've got to be aware that change is inevitable with forums and users. You'll make new friends in time as will they.

No never do that. I will never understand people who do this especially when they were seen as all and mighty with their moral so much into their own ass that it makes you like a spoiled brat to be honest.

I also thought you wre publicly asking for a bad which is in my opinion stupid. This is totally understandable even for the membership part.

I am one of those people that hate when people need to make a spectacle of themselves. All of the public ban me posts that cropped up when everything went down were so ridiculous. I think of all of this "look at me and my righteousness" as Hallmark Activism. People NEED others to KNOW that they care so much about an issue that they make a spectacle. The left and right extremes are all about this spectacle. I used to think it was just bumper stickers and ribbons and shit but now it has become people's entire identity.

appaws

Banned
As a person pretty far to the right, I feel like I could argue politics over beers with a lot of you all. That says pretty good things about the atmosphere here.

ERA is going to have a difficult time fostering a forum community.
From the beginning they have jumped onto a ship that was founded with set ideals around certain users beliefs.
It wasn't created from a blank slate with set rules that adhere to basic guild lines of how to conduct yourself within the site. It was made because the users felt betrayed and still wanted to continue fostering their beliefs.

A forum community has to be created organically and It takes a while to grow. You also have to allow for change and restructure. As new members come and old members leave, the core vibe of the site will change as time goes on.
It might even go full circle.
Some users wont like it and act out. Some will change their stance on certain topics and others will just go off into other sites looking for what they want.

From my pov it looks like ERA is going against the tide of change. It might end up crumbling them away if they don't allow inlets of different points of view.

Personally I've never seen the interest to get too attached to users on forums. But I know people that do and they seem OK with it.
But you've got to be aware that change is inevitable with forums and users. You'll make new friends in time as will they.
Era threads have a billion posts from tons of users.

Valve could announce Half Life 3 tomorrow and it would get 4 pages on here.

Their community literally helped save someone's life from cancer.

They'll be okay.

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

They'll be okay.

Fair enough.

But keep in mind. Gaf was easily one of the most popular gaming forums pre 2010.

Last edited:

MoFuzz

They'll be okay.
They will be okay in the sense that membership numbers give way to a lot of activity. Some topics are obviously fairly rudimentary, and others will touch on sensitive, hot button issues. On the gaming side where discussion is relatively focused and generally less likely to offend anyone, this is probably less of an issue. Except for console wars tho, amrite? lol

They won't be okay in the sense that, in the off topic section, the trend continues to be that: it's only acceptable to "save someone" as you brought up, if said party is labelled as virtuous by the community thinktank. If said person happened to be previously named in a #metoo scandal with flimsy evidence at best, or said something that was ridiculously misinterpreted as transphobic, misogynist, or otherwise intolerant, they'd be told to 'get fucked', 'die in a fire' and just about every other horrible thing you can think of. All of this, based on knee-jerk reactions and allegations. No discourse, no discussion. Just blind outrage, constantly.

Quantity ≠ Quality

Last edited:
They will be okay in the sense that membership numbers give way to a lot of activity. Some topics are obviously fairly rudimentary, and others will touch on sensitive, hot button issues. On the gaming side where discussion is relatively focused and generally less likely to offend anyone, this is probably less of an issue. Except for console wars tho, amrite? lol.

They won't be okay in the sense that, in the off topic section, the trend continues to be that: it's only acceptable to "save someone" as you brought up, if said party is labelled as virtuous by the community thinktank. If said person happened to be previously named in a #metoo scandal with flimsy evidence at best, or said something that was ridiculously misinterpreted as transphobic, misogynist, or otherwise intolerant, they'd be told to 'get fucked', 'die in a fire' and just about every other horrible thing you can think of. All of this, based on knee-jerk reactions and allegations. No discourse, no discussion. Just blind outrage, constantly.

Quantity ≠ Quality
I was arguing with someone on here last night who called the Parkland School Shooting survivors idiots.

MoFuzz

I was arguing with someone on here last night who called the Parkland School Shooting survivors idiots.
I don't know the specifics of the debate that you had, so it's difficult for me to comment specifically, but if you're meaning to say that there exists bad apples in every corner of the internet, then yes, of course that's true.

However, I still infer that the solution should be framed around trying to have an open dialogue at the beginning before crucifying one another over belief systems which may or may not be faulty. Is it difficult and trying at times? Absolutely. I would rather get in a heated debate though over immediately shutting down all discussion based on hearing something that I find offensive though. That's what that place represents in my eyes, currently.

Dunki

I got told in very "funny" way including smileys that men should just suck it up when girlfriends put holes in their condoms to become pregnant.

These conversation will of course happen with a more open forum but I will happily deal with this then always really careful thinking what I can and what I can not say.

Kadayi

Banned
All I would say to people bemoaning the lack of content. is just make a thread. No one is expecting legendary 200 page OTs. We simply don't have the active members to achieve that presently (I suspect most of us are engaged in some kind of work, so forums is a sidebar activity). However on the flipside, if you make a thread people will likely respond. Similarly, if you read a thread, add to it if possible.

Here is the quote in question.

I love that these kids are being paraded by the MSM when one of the students at Parkland (Kyle Kashuv) has been at DC, meeting with lawmakers and helping put together the Stop School Violence Act. He has done more since the shooting than any of those idiot kids on TV.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I am going to need receipts for that.

Thanks for the info. Yea, kind of a dick thing to say - but no place is perfect. The fact that this is in the minority speaks volumes compared to other forums where asinine comments like that are in the majority.

Last edited:

bigedole

I got told in very "funny" way including smileys that men should just suck it up when girlfriends put holes in their condoms to become pregnant.

These conversation will of course happen with a more open forum but I will happily deal with this then always really careful thinking what I can and what I can not say.

Hey now, that was me and you grossly misinterpreted what I typed. My use of emojis may be gratuitous but I was not at all suggesting that it was funny. I said that's pretty awful for guys in that situation, but I still disagree men should have the choice of opting-out of responsibility for a life they helped create. I don't intend to rehash the discussion here, feel free to PM me if you want to continue, I'm just trying to clarify what I was intending to communicate in our exchange.

zelo-ca

Hey now, that was me and you grossly misinterpreted what I typed. My use of emojis may be gratuitous but I was not at all suggesting that it was funny. I said that's pretty awful for guys in that situation, but I still disagree men should have the choice of opting-out of responsibility for a life they helped create. I don't intend to rehash the discussion here, feel free to PM me if you want to continue, I'm just trying to clarify what I was intending to communicate in our exchange.

Does that mean you're also anti-abortion?

way more

As a person pretty far to the right, I feel like I could argue politics over beers with a lot of you all. That says pretty good things about the atmosphere here.

Yeah, a forum should feel like a spirited pub not a therapy session led by Nurse Ratched

Composer

Yeah, a forum should feel like a spirited pub not a therapy session led by Nurse Ratched

Yeah a pub where you can have hateful opinions of people sitting right next to you. Hey, but its fine as long as you don't get all butthurt about it! Victims of school shootings are idiots btw! I can have the opinion, la dee daaaa. While I'm at it, Africans are idiots for being caught and being brought here as slaves.
Man, I've got all these great opinions. And I'm glad we can share them now. Over a pint!

Geki-D

Banned
Yeah a pub where you can have hateful opinions of people sitting right next to you. Hey, but its fine as long as you don't get all butthurt about it! Victims of school shootings are idiots btw! I can have the opinion, la dee daaaa. While I'm at it, Africans are idiots for being caught and being brought here as slaves.
Man, I've got all these great opinions. And I'm glad we can share them now. Over a pint!
I get that they're stupid opinions to have, but you want people banned for expressing them? Like, in the rules there should be one that says "Opinions deemed offensive are not allowed"? I just don't get that. People should have the right to give their opinion on stuff no matter what it is and everyone else should have the right to tear those opinions apart if they're fucking dumb.

zelo-ca

Keep talking about me instead of asking why I think they are idiots. I'll gladly use my first amendment rights ;)

bucyou

I feel that since the split, this forum has become a place to discuss and debate, and no longer an echo chamber. Many of the more liberal minded folks never had to argue their point so it was commonplace to pat eachother on the back instead of defending your position. Now that the forum is open to discussion, some posters just know how they feel, they dont know why, and they can't really defend it, so they resort to namecalling, strawmen, and look at me "ban me" threads.

Harlock

While people dont offend too much other people, and are not banned for wrongthinking, and topics (specially games topics) are not derailed from the subject, the forum looks good.

Kadayi

Banned
I feel that since the split, this forum has become a place to discuss and debate, and no longer an echo chamber. Many of the more liberal minded folks never had to argue their point so it was commonplace to pat eachother on the back instead of defending your position. Now that the forum is open to discussion, some posters just know how they feel, they dont know why, and they can't really defend it, so they resort to namecalling, strawmen, and look at me "ban me" threads.

I don't always agree with people, and if I feel strongly about a matter I'll say my piece, but I'd rather have a spirited argument and agree to disagree than an echo chamber where the management decide what I can think.

I've just had the dubious pleasure of reading the 'ban me' topic and would like to point something out.

I find it kind of ironic how certain people engage in constant drive-by shitposts by screeching 'hate' and 'alt-right' at every slightest slight, while immediately rushing to the defense of the abhorrent behavior of those pandering to their particular views. The same people who claim the moral high-ground are usually those who are easily ready to display the worst kind of aggressive behavior, as long as it is directed at the right targets. How about you people pratice what you preach and maybe people would be more willing to take you seriously?

It's pathetic how you defend the vicious verbal attacks of someone going utterly and completely off the rails because people dared disagree with him. Even worse is how the same people then attack EviLore for merely defending himself by taking a comedic jab at the very same person who attacked him in the first place. After all the unfair treatment he got from the self-righteous likes of you, you can be glad that the owner of this forum has apparently grown the patience of a saint by allowing you to keep poking him like that. A modicum of respect tends to go a long way, you know.

I also find it hilarious how the same people, who only visit here to take a dump on this forum, are also usually the same ones flipping their lid whenever *that other place* comes up. Say what you want, but at least the people who still value this community, aren't engaging in the these backhanded brigading tactics.

P.S.: If the behavior of the OP in above mentioned topic is anything to go by, it's no wonder that women/gender studies have become the ball pit pen of academia. /s

Last edited:

way more

I would punch you in the face for saying that in a pub. post reported

JK Rowling gave 160 million dollars to charity. The problem is that she liked two tweets that potentially identifies her as a TERF and 20 pages of "milkshake duck." My God, this tiny woman who's done more for children's litereacy than any person in Earth's history must be the Devil herself. These are the people you're seeking approval from?

This is an awesome post and yet I look at this stuff and I get sad. Think about all the possibilities we had living in the information age, instead we use that potential to get outraged by buzzwords. The lack of humility I see in the average "twitter discussion" is baffling, I can't help but think that maybe all the internet has done for us is turn a shitload of people into overgrown teenagers or bots.

SoulUnison

Banned
JK Rowling gave 160 million dollars to charity. The problem is that she liked two tweets that potentially identifies her as a TERF and 20 pages of "milkshake duck." My God, this tiny woman who's done more for children's literacy than any person in Earth's history must be the Devil herself.

J.K. Rowling is 52 years old.
That's 18,980 days.
455,520 hours.
27,331,200 minutes.
1,639,872,000 seconds.

How long does it take to click the left mouse button once? A fraction of a second, right?
Let's grossly overcompensate and say it takes Ms. Rowling a full half a second to perform a single click.

So basically these people want to completely trash a woman they have no idea of on a personal level for something she did that it's really difficult to confidently read into that happened twice but only took a combined single second of her time.
Does this woman deserve to be ideologically tarred and feathered and written off for life because of an off-hand action we don't know the actual reasoning behind? How can anyone claim to intimately know this woman's character and pass reasonable judgement on her for an action that took 0.0000000003% of her life?

Oh, it couldn't possibly be that she was reacting to the tweet in the sense that the writer was saying she was yelled at and never felt supported and wanted to just extend a minor bit of support through an off-hand click of the 'like' button.
It couldn't possibly be that she didn't immediately recognize the "men in dresses" crack as an insult specifically aimed at trans people.
It couldn't possibly be that she didn't even read the entire tweet or was somehow distracted and otherwise mentally occupied.

No, when someone 'likes' something it automatically means that they agree with any and everything that person has ever said and any even minor sleight was completely intentional and done with malice aforethought.

And then there's people screaming, "Well if it's just a misunderstanding she should issue a formal apology and explanation!"
No. No, she shouldn't. You know why? Because she's a famous figure with troves of people clawing for her attention every single day of her life, and to legitimize the complaint with an apology even if she knows that deep down it was a misunderstanding and did nothing wrong will just be taken as an admittance of guilt by these people, and it'll just snowball and snowball. It'll never be good enough because the people that spend all day online searching for and complaining about this sort of thing and demanding some sort of "justice" don't want "justice" - they just want a fight they can constantly feel they're in the right about and they will drag that fight out indefinitely if it means they get to keep feeling self-righteous. Answer this one baseless complain this one time and she'll be doing every day for the foreseeable future. Tons of people will crawl out of the woodwork demanding personalized explanations and apologies for perceived sleights.

Sometimes the only thing you can do is not give your detractors the time of day.

So, I'm sorry, but there's just too much doubt here to not give the benefit of it to Ms. Rowling.
For instance, the idea that she liked this single tweet and therefore must've read and agreed with everything that account has ever said is just asinine.

From what I can gather, that "Rachel" account was just a massively obvious and inflammatory troll, so what really sounds more likely:
A) Rowling had only ever seen this one single tweet from that account and extended the most minor bit of support possible to what appeared to be a woman complaining about an injustice.
OR
B) Rowling read through that account's entire history, or even just visited her profile page which would immediately make it clear that "Rachel" was a massively disingenuous individual only on Twitter to harass but she still chose to click the "Like" button.

Which of those really sounds more plausible?

Last edited:

way more

Yeah exactly. Welcome to our loving pub. Now you can see why it's so frustrating for the rest of us.

Ps. I don't actually hold that opinion.

sure, you were just being "ironic."

20b.gif

Last edited:

It's Jeff

Banned
J.K. Rowling is 52 years old.
That's 18,980 days.
455,520 hours.
27,331,200 minutes.
1,639,872,000 seconds.

How long does it take to click the left mouse button once? A fraction of a second, right?
Let's grossly overcompensate and say it takes Ms. Rowling a full half a second to perform a single click.

So basically these people want to completely trash a woman they have no idea of on a personal level for something she did that it's really difficult to confidently read into that happened twice but only took a combined single second of her time.
Does this woman deserve to be ideologically tarred and feathered and written off for life because of an off-hand action we don't know the actual reasoning behind? How can anyone claim to intimately know this woman's character and pass reasonable judgement on her for an action that took 0.0000000003% of her life?

Oh, it couldn't possibly be that she was reacting to the tweet in the sense that the writer was saying she was yelled at and never felt supported and wanted to just extend a minor bit of support through an off-hand click of the 'like' button.
It couldn't possibly be that she didn't immediately recognize the "men in dresses" crack as an insult specifically aimed at trans people.
It couldn't possibly be that she didn't even read the entire tweet or was somehow distracted and otherwise mentally occupied.

No, when someone 'likes' something it automatically means that they agree with any and everything that person has ever said and any even minor sleight was completely intentional and done with malice aforethought.

And then there's people screaming, "Well if it's just a misunderstanding she should issue a formal apology and explanation!"
No. No, she shouldn't. You know why? Because she's a famous figure with troves of people clawing for her attention every single day of her life, and to legitimize the complaint with an apology even if she knows that deep down it was a misunderstanding and did nothing wrong will just be taken as an admittance of guilt by these people, and it'll just snowball and snowball. It'll never be good enough because the people that spend all day online searching for and complaining about this sort of thing and demanding some sort of "justice" don't want "justice" - they just want a fight they can constantly feel they're in the right about and they will drag that fight out indefinitely if it means they get to keep feeling self-righteous. Answer this one baseless complain this one time and she'll be doing every day for the foreseeable future. Tons of people will crawl out of the woodwork demanding personalized explanations and apologies for perceived sleights.

Sometimes the only thing you can do is not give your detractors the time of day.

So, I'm sorry, but there's just too much doubt here to not give the benefit of it to Ms. Rowling.
For instance, the idea that she liked this single tweet and therefore must've read and agreed with everything that account has ever said is just asinine.

From what I can gather, that "Rachel" account was just a massively obvious and inflammatory troll, so what really sounds more likely:
A) Rowling had only ever seen this one single tweet from that account and extended the most minor bit of support possible to what appeared to be a woman complaining about an injustice.
OR
B) Rowling read through that account's entire history, or even just visited her profile page which would immediately make it clear that "Rachel" was a massively disingenuous individual only on Twitter to harass but she still chose to click the "Like" button.

Which of those really sounds more plausible?

I really don't know the circumstances of why she liked those tweets. A like is not a political endorsement.

That said, let me assume the worst for one second. Let's suppose that she is transphobic. Can't stand them. Do her writings have a transphobic bend? Was she on the Today show condemning trans people? No, not to my knowledge.

So, in one hand I have a person that gives time and more money than any of us could make in six lifetimes rescuing orphans for crying out loud... and in the other hand? Two liked tweets.
Rowling, get this, just might be a nuanced person that believes some shit you like and don't like. Even if she were a transphobe, I'd still have to weigh the good against the bad like we all do with our fathers, grandparents, and friends.

I've met... two trans people in real life, and considering they are like, .3 of the population and I think thats being generous, that's more exposure than most of us will actually see. One was nice, the other acted like a total ass.

That person did what the crowd at the forum next door was doing. Don't ascribe hatred when indifference will do. Your group is again, like .3 percent of the population. Most of us are too busy handling out own shit to be working on new, subersive ways to hate trans people. We don't have time for it. Rowling... is actually wealthy, powerful, influential, and has 14 million twitter followers. If she didn't like trans people, we'd all know. We wouldn't have to take a liked tweet to the CSI lab and dust it for traces of transphobia.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Hey folks,

Sarcasm often translates well, other times poorly. While I am a heavily sarcastic person myself it may be an idea to flag those 'edgier' comments with a /s or something. In real life we have expression, intonation, inflection and body language to make it fairly obvious that we are just being playful with sensitive topics.

More difficult is getting that across it in plain text. Just be aware to make it a little more obvious if possible, then we can all appreciate the humour and not be concerned that someone has taken it at face value ;)

mrkgoo

Hey folks,

Sarcasm often translates well, other times poorly. While I am a heavily sarcastic person myself it may be an idea to flag those 'edgier' comments with a /s or something. In real life we have expression, intonation, inflection and body language to make it fairly obvious that we are just being playful with sensitive topics.

More difficult is getting that across it in plain text. Just be aware to make it a little more obvious if possible, then we can all appreciate the humour and not be concerned that someone has taken it at face value ;)
Man, is this ever true.

You would think in this heavy social media society, we would've gotten better at this kind of thing, but I still see text communication done poorly enough (and often too) that things can be misinterpreted. I guess it is a pretty tough thing though.

Last edited:

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse

But an individual's opinion is just that, an opinion. If somebody holds an opinion that you disagree with then you have two options, you can either challenge that opinion using your own experience, knowledge and views in the hope that you can sway them or at least find some common ground OR you can simply disregard that other person's opinion and move on.

The freedom to express an opinion is a good thing, regardless of the nature of that opinion. At it's best it promotes an exchange of ideas, debate and shared knowledge particularily among groups with a diverse range of opinions, views, knowledge and experience. It's one of the best ways to grow and develop as a person and to avoid becoming trapped and entrenched in the kind of stagnant and rigid thinking that more often than not only serves to foster hatred and division. At it's worst you get to see the character of a person who you'd rather not associate with or place any faith in and in turn you are saved from wasting time, energy and any kind of good faith or emotional investment in that person or their views. To expect or even demand that views that you deem wrong should not be permitted to be expressed at all is harmful to everyone involved yourself included and there is nothing to be gained from it.

Last edited:

appaws

Banned

That's cool man. Now you have a choice. You can go somewhere where "hateful" opinions are not allowed, and everyone to the right of Jeb Bush is called "alt-right." You can enjoy the heavily regulated, blissful agreement circle while sipping an organic, fair-trade, soy latte.

And let me say that while zelo-ca may have chosen his words to purposely throw a bomb into the conversation and ruffle feathers, he was making a solid point about how the kids from that same school (and a Dad who lost a daughter) were excluded because they had a "wrong" opinion and didn't follow the herd.

dolabla

Well, just read that ban me thread for the first time. What a mentally fragile person, lol.

Then he went on about his women's study degree (lol) and at that point I thought he was doing a message board parody of PC Principal. Maybe he was and we've just all been fooled? Things that make you go hmm........

Last edited:

It's Jeff

Banned
Well, just read that ban me thread for the first time. What a mentally fragile person, lol.

Then he went on about his women's study degree (lol) and at that point I thought he was doing a message board parody of PC Principal. Maybe he was and we've just all been fooled? Things that make you go hmm........

It was pretty funny. You're right, it was bordering on performance art. Instead of having an interesting discussion, he was like "Hold me above your heads, plebians. I minored in women's studies." Then all the Ewoks started chanting awoo ooo.

dolabla

It was pretty funny. You're right, it was bordering on performance art. Instead of having an interesting discussion, he was like "Hold me above your heads, plebians. I minored in women's studies." Then all the Ewoks started chanting awoo ooo.

I think the real blame lies D Dunki . He used so many micro aggressions against the guy to where he just couldn't endure the abuse anymore. Dunki, you should apologize for all the abuse.

;)

I’m worried about conspiracy theories being peddled here.

Yeah, this is my boat as well. I can deal with the new influx of alt-right opinions, but opening a few more threads and seeing "false flag!1!" as the first response with several likes is simply going to drive me away out of embarrassment.

The "all transgender people have mental illness" thread was also a massive groan for me - partly because I find that view politically repulsive, but more so from a professional standpoint as it's hard to not eye-roll at all the "hey, look, I can play pretend as a doctor too with a few minutes on PubMed" garbage. To the moderation's credit, it was eventually locked.

Of course, this is probably moot because more realistically the stupid full-page ads that make the site unusable on mobile are going to drive me away first.

pramod

Banned
The other place isn't doing so well either....there's no interesting topics at all on the front page. Just the same "my life sucks and I hate Trump what should I do?" topics repeated everyday.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah, this is my boat as well. I can deal with the new influx of alt-right opinions, but opening a few more threads and seeing "false flag!1!" as the first response with several likes is simply going to drive me away out of embarrassment.

The "all transgender people have mental illness" thread was also a massive groan for me - partly because I find that view politically repulsive, but more so from a professional standpoint as it's hard to not eye-roll at all the "hey, look, I can play pretend as a doctor too with a few minutes on PubMed" garbage. To the moderation's credit, it was eventually locked.

Of course, this is probably moot because more realistically the stupid full-page ads that make the site unusable on mobile are going to drive me away first.

Do you have receipts for these "alt right opinions" that have come about? Also for the thread you are referring to, do you mean the thread that is actually titled "Nearly 1 in 3 Americans believe being transgender is a 'mental illness' or a 'sin'"? There is a wide gulf between the thread you claim and what it is actually named and the discussion that took place within it.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Banned
You know what I don't miss seeing a lot of? Quoting posts just to say "^this". Or, LOL! Or a cute picture of an airplane taking off into the sunset. Each and every one of our posts has a unique and interesting take of the topic at hand.

But, SoulUnison makes me feel a little like his rebound fling. All he talks about is his ex.:p

It's Jeff

Banned
The other place isn't doing so well either....there's no interesting topics at all on the front page. Just the same "my life sucks and I hate Trump what should I do?" topics repeated everyday.

The shit that got me were people that seemingly want this North Korea talk to go badly because Trump is involved. I don't have any love for the guy, but we really are on the same team here, right?

Top Bottom