• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News [Creation Kit released]

aasoncott

Kind of a weird question, but has anyone come across a mod that increases head bob? Especially when running. Bethesda games always make me feel like I'm skating everywhere, and I kind of wish there was a way to add a little extra swagger to my jog. Kind of like how running looked in the original trailer.

theskat

Banned
Nevermind, I was able to fix it, dumb me forgot to load the game via TESV link, and I was loading it from NMM. Now back to 45FPS goodness. :D

Is there anyone on GAF or related I can get in touch with in regards to future mod plans?

I have an idea for a (mostly post-game) addition to the core experience to make Skyrim more believable in terms of social interaction with NPC's. Basically my idea is to create Animal Crossing within Skyrim. This would include having in-game time run off real-time (either computer's clock or otherwise) so that if it is 8 pm irl, then it is reflected in game and also that time passes even when you don't play (I assume it would have to do updates about that kind of information as you load your previous save..). But, the meat of what I want to do is conversational, relationship building, drama inducing, and hopefully experience enriching through social interaction and dialogue choices with any and all NPC's.

This would mean extensive writing to include various factors into conversations, such as the player's race, social connotations of that with other races, gender, preference to certain schools of play (magicks/warrior/thief) perhaps even more focused (alchemy, enchanting, smithing), political beliefs and standing, etc. Basically fleshing out every character within Skyrim.

I thought of this mainly because I wanted to work on my dialogue writing, social interactions, and so on. One of the first thoughts I had of this being relevant from a gameplay perspective was that I thought of a hermit under a bridge, who a player could gradually become more familiar with through continued social interaction. Each day (real time) he would talk to the player, or on bad days not want to see them, and as a potential relationship grows he could send the player on radiant quests, give valuable information about rumored treasure, or even give a prized possession of his to the player. These kinds of interactions with all sorts of characters in the game could provide valuable content to the player, perhaps even unique items or enchantments to items.

It's still in the infancy in my mind, but I would really love to do as much of the writing as possible as I know next to nothing about the technical aspects of modding. I have a lot of creative writing experience and this would be a great exercise for me in my spare time to keep me working at bettering myself.

If anyone is interested or is able to provide more information on how to go about this, please let me know. This is definitely something I want to pursue.

tl;dr:
How to make Skryim: Animal Crossing.

You might want to get in contact with the creator of the Tytanis mod as that would probably roll into the Skyrim Online functionality well and he is creating the Skyrim online works along with three other major Skyrim modders.

It's a good idea, and time passing online when you're not there is the type of thing that would work.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Going to try the skyboost thing. The game runs at ultra or max or whatever, its not like chugging but i can tell its not running as smooth as it should be

Anything else i should try with skyboost?

cdyhybrid

Is there a downside to installing Jaysus swords and the Blacksmithing 300 mod? It would just mean more options/weapon models right?

Is there a downside to installing Jaysus swords and the Blacksmithing 300 mod? It would just mean more options/weapon models right?

No downside, it just gives you more weapon options, this = ultra good thing IMO.

I just can't wait / hope that Tytanis and Blacksmithing 300 combine because I want them both.

Complistic

I already tried uninstalling the mod, and installing it manually and via Nexus Mod Manager. It will SUCK if I have to reinstall/start all over again. :(

Verifying just makes sure all the files that it actually downloads are the same. It doesn't delete other mods you have in those folders, like skyboost.

Enco

I have a new favorite lighting mod.

It's only an ESP and doesn't use post processing. Looks really cool but it's not perfect. Some might feel the torches are too strong.

iTPPDMn84kkUU.jpg

I love how Skyrim has two moons, it's awesome - because it looks so cool having two moons at degrees of eclipse at certain times of the day.

However, I don't like that they're only visible during the night - they should be still visible during the day in some circumstances. I want to still be able to see that red dragon moon hanging up in the sky during the day as I adventure - I hope there is a way to adjust this and that someone can do this with a mod.

Enco

I'm going to try that asap, looks good and I can't stand ENB right now. Is it much different than "realistic colors and darker nights"?
Yea I think so.

Nights are darker and light sources are more powerful. Don't have a comparison shot but it generally feels different.

Holy crap... 101 HD Bugs Texture pack, crazy mofo!!

Deadly Dragon's is also now OFF THE HOOK, more Dragons, Harder Battles, more loot, it's freakin awesome.

I'm on a bit of a moon bender at the moment, there's so much cool shit you can do with the moons!! This is not very lore friendly, but it's kind of cool - first of all, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE needs to use this moon size mod, use at least 1.5x but have some fun and try making the moons fucken gigantic, it's fun. This mod has the best set of mods IMO, it's got the best quality textures and the modder has gone to the most effort to make the Moons behave 'real' - 2012 Moons. This pack has a lot of options, good to check out, but frankly, I'm not using any of those moons, but you might like one of them 20 Moons Pack. This one has a bunch of the planets in our solar system as our moons - Various Moons Pack. Earth and Moon as Moon's. Or if you're a Halo Fan, Halo Ring Moon's. Or if you're a Zelda fan you can have the Majora's Mask Moon. A Star Wars fan? This pack has a Death Star Moon. For Transformers fans, here is CYBERTRON! And the one I'm using as my primary moon at the moment - the Dragon Moons, it's red and it's just cool. I'm potentially going to change to Hell 2 and NuEarth for a while though.

Some more - Broken Moon, Kingdom Hearts Moon, Mighty Boosh Moon (Rolls eyes).

Eh... and while I'm at it I might as well make some more recommendations ay?

1. Skyrim Redesigned
This mod rocks - period, replaces so many little shitty things that most others are overlooking, helps to 'pick up' the look of the game by fixing the little shit things.

2. HQ College of Winterhold
This texture Upgrade is freaking awesome, it might already be in the OP now that I think of it, but if you don't have it. GET IT.

3. HD Sacks
Makes Sacks look way better, I personally chose Style B.

4. Makers Mark Ingots
This might not be for everyone, but it's very cool - it gives all of the Ingots a texture bump and a 'stencil' mark for their place of origin based on where those types of ingots are mainly mined in TES world and LORE, the guy put a LOT of work into it, it's crazy cool.

Has anyone tried Crafting 300 with Tytanis?? I really want both.

I remember trying that one, it just made everything dark/desaturated and cranked up the exposure to lighten the daytime. Looked great at dusk and dawn though.

I want to uninstall the third-person animations mod (seriously, it sucks) and I'm still stuck with it after uninstalling it with NMM. The readme suggested backing up my files. What do I do if I don't want to uninstall my game?

Jtrizzy

How can I tell if Skyboost is working? I'm not seeing a boost at the top of White run, but I could be doing something wrong, as I'm new to mods.

Dmax3901

Download FRAPS, it'll put your FPS on your screen while you play games. Play without skyboost and then with it to see the difference.

Jtrizzy

That is how I made the comparison at the top of White run, and it was around 45 fps both ways. Any other places known for bad frame rate? Riften I guess.

Dmax3901

Oh right sorry lol, didn't mean to speak down to you.

Markarth is usually pretty harsh, looking up at the waterfalls from the bottom.

I upgraded Realistic Water Textures, Jaysus Swords, and installed Weapons of the Third Era, and now my loading times are excruciatingly long (1st is over a minute). What did I do wrong? Here are my mods and load orders.

2RI75.png

sjm00.png

I still can't get rid of Real 1st Person View either.

Ledsen

I have a new favorite lighting mod.

It's only an ESP and doesn't use post processing. Looks really cool but it's not perfect. Some might feel the torches are too strong.

iTPPDMn84kkUU.jpg

I don't know man, it's rarely that dark in winter with snow all over the place. Especially if the moon is out, and there are TWO moons in Elder Scrolls. It's probably really bright at night.

Breezehome First Wing

Extra content / quest to upgrade Breezehome further with a Smithy and extra's. Instead of it being simply unlocked, it is a quest to find the key to get inside. Pretty cool.
I went to download this a couple of nights ago. Apparently however the mod is no longer supported or in development and, instead, it's been rolled into a mod called Dovahkiin Hideout.

What it does is basically add a large multiroom hideout to the game that you own. Inside there's a storage room with tons of chests, barrels, and mannequins; a display room with mannequins and weapon racks lining the walls; a hallway with display cases; an enchanting/alchemy lab; and a smithing chamber. The cool thing is that this place is connected to every house in the game, there's a basement trap door added to each home that all lead here and, in the foyer of the hideout, there's a door to every house (you need the corresponding keys to enter the various homes). Obviously the teleporting doors don't make sense logically or lore wise but if you're like me and own multiple homes already (I have 3 different houses) it's really a great convenience to have everything in one spot. Walking to my Alchemy Lab in Breezehome only to realize half my ingredients are in Honeyside was always slightly annoying.

The one thing I didn't notice is any sort of key quest though, not sure if that's part of another download or if it's not in this one.

I went to download this a couple of nights ago. Apparently however the mod is no longer supported or in development and, instead, it's been rolled into a mod called Dovahkiin Hideout.

What it does is basically add a large multiroom hideout to the game that you own. Inside there's a storage room with tons of chests, barrels, and mannequins; a display room with mannequins and weapon racks lining the walls; a hallway with display cases; an enchanting/alchemy lab; and a smithing chamber. The cool thing is that this place is connected to every house in the game, there's a basement trap door added to each home that all lead here and, in the foyer of the hideout, there's a door to every house (you need the corresponding keys to enter the various homes). Obviously the teleporting doors don't make sense logically or lore wise but if you're like me and own multiple homes already (I have 3 different houses) it's really a great convenience to have everything in one spot. Walking to my Alchemy Lab in Breezehome only to realize half my ingredients are in Honeyside was always slightly annoying.

The one thing I didn't notice is any sort of key quest though, not sure if that's part of another download or if it's not in this one.

Saw this today, I'm considering to get this... it sounds pretty good to have all of your homes connected by a secret magic door.

I'm going to wait until this project advances a bit more before I put it in however as he updates almost daily.

Hey guys, I did a little thing...

I took a picture of my mods directory for you all to see... I crazy.

iBsOZqcj4QTJQ.png

Total 217 mods through the Organizer, 69 esp, esm mod files. To make a total of 286 mods and going strong! It's a fucken mother fucker when one screws up but hey... I love it.

Piano

Banned
So is the HD Landscape Retexture any good or does it break the look of the game? And how much does it impact performance?

goodfella

Saw this today, I'm considering to get this... it sounds pretty good to have all of your homes connected by a secret magic door.

I'm going to wait until this project advances a bit more before I put it in however as he updates almost daily.

Hey guys, I did a little thing...

I took a picture of my mods directory for you all to see... I crazy.

Total 217 mods through the Organizer, 69 esp, esm mod files. To make a total of 286 mods and going strong! It's a fucken mother fucker when one screws up but hey... I love it.

I was going to call you crazy...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So is the HD Landscape Retexture any good or does it break the look of the game? And how much does it impact performance?

HD retexture is good and I've experienced no issue. 2k textures are the ones some are reporting issues with. You can try it out and see though.

MaKooin

Neo Member
In the old mod thread somebody was kind enough to post a list of 'good' mods that didn't impact too much on performance. I'd be interested in getting some of the texture packs and stuff but I don't want to reduce my FPS. Can anyone make a recommendation?

In the old mod thread somebody was kind enough to post a list of 'good' mods that didn't impact too much on performance. I'd be interested in getting some of the texture packs and stuff but I don't want to reduce my FPS. Can anyone make a recommendation?

I'll give it a try but it might not be until tomorrow.

rockx4

I just started using Nexus Mod Manager, and I'm getting this weird issue where a "$" appears in front of things like in the start up and menu.

http://i.imgur.com/HRYXh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SqLkr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RLME4.jpg

Anyone know what causes? If I use Steam to verify and redownload files it finds 1 file to redownload (seems to be the ini file, since my settings go back to default), and the problem goes away.

Edit: NVM, I got it fixed. I completely uninstalled NMM and installed the newest version instead of updating an old version I had through the program. Works perfect now.

rockx4

Using skyboost r4, and a bunch of texture mods (2k, landscape, character and armor mods, flora, water, etc) and confidence ENB. Getting 60FPS almost all the time with vsync on, lowest drop was down to 50. I used to get drops down into the 30s in Solitude and Markarth, and that was without some of the mods and the ENB.

Hey guys...

I've been playing a LOT the last few days and capping a lot of really awesome screens.

Check out this bad boy, I'm really quite proud of this one.

iblmjaw5ii4J9f.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Why does ColonialRaptor keep posting JRPG screenshots in the Sky-oh. Oooooooooh.

nataku

What is the recommended controller mod now that works with SkyUI? I was using the 360 Controller Remap, but I can't switch between myself and the container inventory. It seems like the newest version fixes that, but he moved Sprint to left analog click, which is really awkward. I could edit the file to change things back but I thought I'd ask here if there was something people liked better before I do.

LiquidMetal14

What is the recommended controller mod now that works with SkyUI? I was using the 360 Controller Remap, but I can't switch between myself and the container inventory. It seems like the newest version fixes that, but he moved Sprint to left analog click, which is really awkward. I could edit the file to change things back but I thought I'd ask here if there was something people liked better before I do.

I get the same thing btw. It only started happening with SkyUI though. The mod/cfg edit works like a clock otherwise though. It will kill you if you're doing heist of shill missions though.

LiquidMetal14

Patch notes from 1.4 (which are already added to the OP) should mean that either next week or very soon after the update hits, we will be in a new phase for mods. The time is near.

Sethos

Banned
Been out of the loop for some time, is there a new kid on the block when it comes to post-sharpening? FXAA Injector seems to have been hidden by author on nexus: http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=131 so I thought an alternative had come along?

Also, I can't remember, how's the game with AA? Just want some smooth edges ( Nvidia ) any recommended setting?

Top Bottom