• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News [Creation Kit released]

Blizzard

Banned
No search. Just browse. On the one hand, I'm disappointed in the Skyrim Workshop experience. On the other, I'm glad that Skyrim Nexus is still the best option. I think I'm going to renew my Premium membership for another 3months soon. :)

What other improvements would you suggest besides search?

No search. Just browse. On the one hand, I'm disappointed in the Skyrim Workshop experience. On the other, I'm glad that Skyrim Nexus is still the best option. I think I'm going to renew my Premium membership for another 3months soon. :)

It doesn't offer the flexibility of DIY modding, but it opens up the opportunity of bringing modding to a much larger, less enthusiast-oriented audience. In the long run, it's hard to tell if that will be a good thing or a bad thing, but on the surface it seems excellent.

S0N0S

What other improvements would you suggest besides search?

A list of mods, not a grid - The grid gives me three huge images each with 1 line of text and a sketchy rating. I'd rather a list of images and longer descriptions. Images shouldn't be given so much space considering it's impossible to convey the content of some mods in a singular image.

Download, Thumbs Up/Down, and/or Favorites counts while browsing - These can be displayed concisely while delivering a lot of information at a glance.

Restricted ratings - A rating from someone that actually used the mod is more valid than a rating from someone who didn't.

Notifications of updates to subscribed files and update logs - Knowing what has changed before updating to the latest version of a mod would be nice.

Jtrizzy

i4AvNDUccSOOh.jpg

I'm having that stuttering problem since I installed the Creating Kid / HD Texture Pack today as well... I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing it.

I have completely removed the texture pack all together, but that didn't fix it... I have no idea what the problem is.

Seems like when I'm near chests, or when I'm near things that are burning, and also foaming water the framerate halves and input lags a bit... it goes from locked 60fps to 30fps whereas previously I never had this problem before and had just locked 60fps recently and absolutely no problems at all (even with 10gb of mods).

I had been having SOOO many problems, but I deleted Wars in Skyrim recently and bang, my problems went away.

Hmmmmm.

I'm sure there will just be some things to iron out over the next week or so, otherwise I'm pretty excited by this whole thing.

The Workshop and Steam Community way of giving you mods is SO much better - each mod has it's own esp and bsa file (bsa file if it has textures) so much easier and so much simpler. Want to disable something? Just untick the esp. So good.

Just a word of warning: if you start the High res texture pack download on steam, you can't play steam until it's finished, and you can't cancel it. It's 3 gigs

So, I'm off to play....umm....fuck.

edit: whoops, I didn't refresh, so if anyone has already mentioned that forgive me.

Jtrizzy

The stuttering is like the problems on PS3. Performance suddenly degrades and persists until you restart the application.

would any of those mods that clean up the game world help with this? I saw one that did something similar to that so you don't get the huge save files.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Just a word of warning: if you start the High res texture pack download on steam, you can't play steam until it's finished, and you can't cancel it. It's 3 gigs

So, I'm off to play....umm....fuck.

edit: whoops, I didn't refresh, so if anyone has already mentioned that forgive me.

Weird. Earlier I started the download, loaded up Cave Story+, alt-tabbed to unpause the download. Had no problems.

Oh wow, did I totally read this wrong? I think I did!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
This is not intended to be trollish, but I want to know if it's possible with mods to improve the melee combat so it's serviceable. Was something ever released for oblivion that improved that games combat?

there was deadly reflexes mod. I hope people could do the same or may be even better this time.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ok, so I browsed and didn't find any useful UI mods in the workshop. Does that mean that they need some special script extender and therefore can't be uploaded to the workshop?

So, I saw S0N0S' post about texture packs but, does it apply to ALL textures? like Xenius Character Enhancement and Realistic Water? Or just ground/environmental textures?

Jtrizzy

Apocalypse shots. I need to add the fire mod that keeps ground and trees on fire longer next...

Whiterun
ibrkEbLJO6gXof.jpg

Snowing in Markarth
ibvlQ6ql84qtfC.jpg

Any good armor reskin mods?

I like to play most of my adventuring in 3rd person and Daedric Armour just looks ridiculous. I'm looking for something more realistic and "Nordic" if you know what I mean.

Can anyone help me out here? I tried out Confident's ENB profile, and it stopped rendering the grass (and hit performance pretty hard) so I uninstalled it and the grass is still not rendering. I have had this happen before and usually there is just something that has changed in the .ini file. I have checked both and everything is how it should be, any suggestions?

jbkzrEOQfsQkHY.png

Having such decision agonies whether I should use ENB or not. Sure, 30-40 FPS is fine, but having the ability to switch to 60 FPS on the fly, knowing what I COULD have is so nagging. The mouse movements are a bit slower and the map scrolling is so, so, so slow in comparison to ENB off.

I mean, it doesn't look that bad with FXAA post processor injector, but damn, I love that DoF and lighting and... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Oh, and here's a fix to those who experienced striped shadows in Breezehome: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=7481

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I had a long think whilst a work today and I've come to the conclusion that I'd love to see some T-Rex in this game. It would be great to wander through a wood and suddenly hear the roar and start running as the T-Rex comes thundering towards you with it's huge head madly attacking you as you desperately try to fend it off with your battle club or sword.

What we need is a total Turok conversion. God damn it.

After having a look through creationkit.com I can't seem to find out how you go about putting your own meshes/textures etc in, any suggestions?

edit: ^ That spiderman reboot isn't looking too hot.

Can anyone help me out here? I tried out Confident's ENB profile, and it stopped rendering the grass (and hit performance pretty hard) so I uninstalled it and the grass is still not rendering. I have had this happen before and usually there is just something that has changed in the .ini file. I have checked both and everything is how it should be, any suggestions?

jbkzrEOQfsQkHY.png

Nothing in ENB touches grass, so it has to be something on the ini end.

Mashing

I'm having that stuttering problem since I installed the Creating Kid / HD Texture Pack today as well... I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing it.

I fixed this by forcing V-Sync (with triple buffering in my Nvidia Skyrim profile in the drivers). It also seemed to another weird problem I was having which is very hard to explain (it reminds of a older TV being out of v-phase). I originally thought it was being caused by a mod, but it was also happening with vanilla as well. Mouse lag wasn't as bad I thought it was going to be after forcing V-Sync either, so I'm am pleased.

DSmalls84

With the hd texture, better dragon loot, and rich shopkeeper mods I think I have fixed most of the things that annoyed me while I played. Big Giants and Mammoths look awesome too though. Anyone tried these 2?

With the hd texture, better dragon loot, and rich shopkeeper mods I think I have fixed most of the things that annoyed me while I played. Big Giants and Mammoths look awesome too though. Anyone tried these 2?

I've got big mammoths and dragons - it's better with them being big imo :)

I haven't go better dragon loot - I've got the HD texture with the customised ini (but haven't tried it again yet).

DSmalls84

Nice I will have to try out the Big mods later tonight. They sound great but people in the comments were complaining of floating corpses and other weird physics glitches with them installed.

Top Bottom