• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News [Creation Kit released]

Karak

And now today - my birthday - AMD deciced to provide me with proper drivers for my 7970's (12.1) first thing as I wake up... how nice is that!

Edit - then the first thing I see on the Nexus is this... Heavenly Legion Armor so nice!

jbff2M16ZyMhHJ.jpg

Did you see my post about the Russian mod site? How dou you download from there?

Did you see my post about the Russian mod site? How dou you download from there?

Sorry haven't seen it yet... going back over the last couple of pages now.

I haven't had perfect luck with the Russian site mods, I've had to often edit the .esp's myself because the name's of the items are in Russian. Sometimes this causes CTD depending on the item, however with the CK it's working better for me.

I'll find your post.

Edit - can't find the one you're talking about, but still looking atm.

This is really how it should have been implemented in the first place :/

work continues (and by continues I mean just started :p) on my triss companion mod. Basically waiting for permission to use the outfit then I'll upload something. Haven't got the face yet, but I got her wearing the right outfits and she'll follow you when you ask her to :D

2012020700005d.jpg

either going to use this
http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/images/7890-2-1328549968.jpg
or this
http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/images/5917-2-1326273091.jpg
for the face.

Dude that's freaking awesome... I love it! I hope you can get her voice as well? I love Triss! I have a couple of Triss posters on my wall :D I only wish that the combat system in Skyrim was a little bit more difficult like it is in the Witcher 2 and it would pretty much be my favorite game ever. It's already pretty much my No. 2 behind Witcher 2.

Edit - fixed correct quote - thanks brus

Does starting via skse sync up workshop mods just as starting via steam?

As long as you first go into the Skyrim Launcher, download the mods and make sure they are selected in the 'Data Files' part.

I would suggest downloading a program like Mod Organiser and using that to organise your .esp's and integrating any mods outside the Workshop with that program, then use the SKSE integration of Mod Organiser and launch SKSE through MO.

If that doesn't make sense, ask more and I'll try explain better.

Or you could use Hvergelmirs one and it could looks like this:

itRMYjmrodbsq.jpg

BTW guys... with regards to using the High-Res Texture pack, SONOS said that you need to put those few bits of information in your skyrim.ini file.

There is some more to that...

ATTENTION! If you're using the official High-Resolution Texture Pack DLC from Bethesda:
To properly be able to use mod community texture packs while using the high-res texture pack DLC you have to do some minor tweaks to your skyrim.ini file(s) or they will be overridden by the Bethesda textures.
All you have to do is deactivate both HighResTexturePack01.esp and HighResTexturePack02.esp from your mod list and go to the [Archive] section inside your skyrim.ini AND skyrim_default.ini files and modify them like this:

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

That is, include the HighResTexturePack01.bsa and HighResTexturePack02.bsa into the list.
I recommend putting the lines as shown, so they load after the original skyrim - textures.bsa file.

skyrim_default.ini is found in Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\skyrim_default.ini
skyrim.ini is the one found in Documents\My Games\Skyrim\skyrim.ini

Hope this helps; it works for me and most people - although a few people have reported this tip as not working. I'm pretty sure they're doing something wrong, though.

I would suggest that EVERY SINGLE PERSON HERE TO DO THIS!!!! Because this puts the Bethesda High Res Texture Pack at the LOWEST priority in the load order. They have re-textured a bunch of textures that really needed to be done, however I am keeping ALL of my high res texture packs and just putting these in the background. Personally I feel this is really how the textures should have looked for the PC from the very beginning, but at least they are there now. I also think that this is how Bethesda should have released the textures (as an optional patch) rather than in the form of a 'mod' style upgrade because it's going to clash with so many things.

Get it out of the way now and never look back.

How do I make nights and interiors in Realistic Lighting brighter like vanilla? I know there are variables for this in the INI but there's so many I don't know what to do.

Enco

I really want to try the non essential NPCs mod so I can kill anyone.

Would make things a lot more realistic but I don't want to break an important quest.

My mods (haven't played yet):

Enco

Enco - where can you see your list of mods like that?
In Steam go to Community > View Workshop Files > Subscribed Items

Pretty neat.

I like how you can unsubscribe and keep the mod so you don't have to worry about an update breaking things. Especially with new houses where a change in chests can cause you to lose stuff.

edit: another great thing is how small a lot of the mods are

Guys, is there any easy way to uninstall all the mods I installed manually, rather than doing each one by one?

edit: I don't mind redownloading files

Any reason why I have to launch the game through SKSE to make SkyUI work? I don't remember having to do the same with NVSE on New Vegas, is this going to be changed any time soon? It sucks because if you launch through SKSE you don't get the workshop updates.

I can't even load data in the Creation Kit without it freezing up, giving me an error, then freezing up again. What the hell is going on.

EDIT: No wait, it just acts like a jerk and pretends it's freezing.

Enco

Guys, is there any easy way to uninstall all the mods I installed manually, rather than doing each one by one?

edit: I don't mind redownloading files
Kinda why you should have used NMM :p

But just delete all your folders in the Data folder apart from Interface, Strings and Video. You can then verify game cache with steam to get back any important files you may have lost.

Any reason why I have to launch the game through SKSE to make SkyUI work? I don't remember having to do the same with NVSE on New Vegas, is this going to be changed any time soon? It sucks because if you launch through SKSE you don't get the workshop updates.
Some features require SKSE but I don't bother. Sky UI still works fine.

Kinda why you should have used NMM :p

But just delete all your folders in the Data folder apart from Interface, Strings and Video. You can then verify game cache with steam to get back any important files you may have lost.

Some features require SKSE but I don't bother. Sky UI still works fine.

Perfect. Thanks

I'm a bit confused on how these mods work. By subscribing, it automatically downloads and it will start running when I run the game? I subscribed to SkyUI and installed SKSE but everything is still the same.

Enco

I'm a bit confused on how these mods work. By subscribing, it automatically downloads and it will start running when I run the game? I subscribed to SkyUI and installed SKSE but everything is still the same.
Yes. When you load up the game through Steam, on the bottom right of the launcher you should see the mod download progress.

Everything is automatic. You can double check if they're enabled by clicking on Data Files in the launcher.

Just delete 'textures' and 'meshes' if possible... that's the best way.
I suppose it depends on what mods you have.

The three folders I mentioned are the vanilla ones though.

Yes. When you load up the game through Steam, on the bottom right of the launcher you should see the mod download progress.

Everything is automatic. You can double check if they're enabled by clicking on Data Files in the launcher.

Perfect, got it working. Thanks!

Enco

Perfect, got it working. Thanks!
Sweet!

Mod synching should happen in steam, not in the launcher. I'd hate a having a large HD mod update, the moment I want to play.
Not sure if you can just start without waiting for the download.

I think you can unsubscribe from updates and still keep the mod so that would fix the problem.

The worst thing is there not being a search feature. Pretty fucking important!

Karak

Are you using google translate?

iGQIIwino3YnB.png

Download link is circled.

Yoinkes. Sir I was not:( Didn't even think of it thanks. Duh. And do you have to register?

Got my first mod done. Added a mini dragon as a follower. Pyrite. Working so far but still testing before submission. Got my mini dragon roar recorded hahahahaha. Sounds like an angry squirrel. Can't wait to upload it.

Mashing

I love the potion weight mod. The way vanilla works, and the number of individually listed potions made potion/poisen management completely untenable.

I've been using this and you are so right. It was very difficult to gather much loot becuase of the weight of hte potions weighing you down. The one I use is based on the size/potency of the potion from .1 - .5. Crafted potions are always .1 though.

Yoinkes. Sir I was not:( Didn't even think of it thanks. Duh. And do you have to register?

Got my first mod done. Added a mini dragon as a follower. Pyrite. Working so far but still testing before submission. Got my mini dragon roar recorded hahahahaha. Sounds like an angry squirrel. Can't wait to upload it.

Nice! Link me this Mini Dragon Follower - I don't have that! Sounds cool as.

Don't have to register.

Edit - BTW ppl if you're using 'Open Cities' and you haven't gotten very far in the game I suggest you turn it off because it's hard to remove it and it breaks quests.

MNC

Sounds pretty awesome! Love to try that out.

If I subscribe to a mod, will it update it whenever a new version is pushed out automatically?

Detailed Cities looks good, but he's only done 50% of one city so far. If I have to keep re-downloading I might wait.

If I subscribe to a mod, will it update it whenever a new version is pushed out automatically?

Detailed Cities looks good, but he's only done 50% of one city so far. If I have to keep re-downloading I might wait.

Yep, when a new version is put out, the Workshop automatically downloads and updates the mod. Awesome, eh?

Karak

Ya I will Post "Pyrite the Mighty!" Mini Dragon Follower Mod. As soon as I can.

I am trying to clean up his follow pattern in some way.

I also am posting my first "Lost Dragon" mod this weekend. 7 Elemental Dragons each in their own lair each with specific weaknesses and background story. The first is in a massive...MASSIVE underground swampy lair. Imagine Smog in The Hobbit but the lair is big enough for a bit of flying and landing. Hoping to clean him up tonight and also trying to clean up holes in the lair architecture is a bitch.

Bruiserk

Ya I will Post "Pyrite the Mighty!" Mini Dragon Follower Mod. As soon as I can.

I am trying to clean up his follow pattern in some way.

I also am posting my first "Lost Dragon" mod this weekend. 7 Elemental Dragons each in their own lair each with specific weaknesses and background story. The first is in a massive...MASSIVE underground swampy lair. Imagine Smog in The Hobbit but the lair is big enough for a bit of flying and landing. Hoping to clean him up tonight and also trying to clean up holes in the lair architecture is a bitch.

Lost Dragon sounds awesome. Be sure to post a link!

Karak

Lost Dragon sounds awesome. Be sure to post a link!

I will for sure. Bethesda didn't really prepare for massive caverns like I wanted. Dragonslayer(the movie) style. So its been a bit hard identifying leaks and such. Then I have to hammer down the 7 elements, 1 per dragon, and their breath weapons. So far its been pretty easy and I am on time.

Really a hats off to Bethesda. Great editor really.

Also hold off on Midas Magic if I were you guys. That mod needs some cooking, and it should because its aim is VERY high.

I fixed this by forcing V-Sync (with triple buffering in my Nvidia Skyrim profile in the drivers). It also seemed to another weird problem I was having which is very hard to explain (it reminds of a older TV being out of v-phase). I originally thought it was being caused by a mod, but it was also happening with vanilla as well. Mouse lag wasn't as bad I thought it was going to be after forcing V-Sync either, so I'm am pleased.

Are you talking about a weird "view" stuttering that occurs when you drag your mouse around? Because if that's what you're talking about I've had that for some time and it's driving me insane. I've noticed it happens when you're looking in certain directions, as if the game is having problems rendering something with the lighting.

JohngPR

I'm just going to use the workshop. I tried using both Mod Organizer and Steam Workshop together and either my FPS dips or my launcher stops working after wards.

Hopefully they release some of the graphical mods I had soon on SW.

Tesseract

Banned
Are you talking about a weird "view" stuttering that occurs when you drag your mouse around? Because if that's what you're talking about I've had that for some time and it's driving me insane. I've noticed it happens when you're looking in certain directions, as if the game is having problems rendering something with the lighting.

D3D antilag v1.01

try this. extract to your skyrim folder.

SteveWD40

What's the quickest way to access the workshop? Can't find a link in the steam library page, only on the store which links to community.

Top Bottom