• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash |OT| Gotta Go Fast - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I don't get why Thawne stabbed Barry's mom. He's vibrated his hand through people before, why use the knife on Barry's mom? I don't think Thawne intended to frame Barry's dad, at least it was never mentioned, and thawne said he killed her in a fit of rage since he couldn't kill Barry. So why use the knife?
Because he hates Barry.

Anyways I hope we see killer frost in season 2

The Cowboy

Stabbed through the heart
Still have time to have a normal tearful goodbye with your son from the future for like 3 minutes

This is entirely believable, she was stabbed with a kitchen knife and only once and it didn't look like a direct heart stab (from the wound location) - also was it 3 minutes?, be right back :D.

Edit.
She lasted 1 minutes 56 seconds.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I assume it was the injection of the hydrogen particle and the subsequent collision at Mach 2 that triggered the wormhole opening, maybe we'll see Barry enter the speedforce later on by himself when he travels at light speed.

God, I hope.

Oh I have no doubt we'll see Barry do it on his own at some point. They don't hold much back with this show.

He already did, remember? He had to run insanely fast to save the city from the tsunami, and he just jumped one day back in time.

The atom injected was the important part of his "Mach 2" travel. They also said that he never ran that fast before (but he did during the tsunami part).

wamberz1

Was looking through my old comics the other day and found this issue. How long till you think this happens?
Flash_v.1_305.jpg

I hope they don't go with Eobard Thawne's origin in the comics - it's really not very compelling and the Thawne we get in the show has basically transcended the source material.

Thawne kind of sucks in the comics.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Eddie: "Oh look, my descendent is super evil and wants to kill everyone. Hereby I decide not have kids for the better of everyone".

3/4 of everything avoided. But no, let's kill the guy instead 'cause we don't know where to go with the love story.

Also, how does that NOT change everything, since Eobard never was born and thus never overtook Wells and thus never created the Flash and whatever the fuck else. Do this things only happen with Flashs mum or what.

Seriously, none of this makes any sense.

Tabby

Eddie: "Oh look, my descendent is super evil and wants to kill everyone. Hereby I decide not have kids for the better of everyone".

3/4 of everything avoided. But no, let's kill the guy instead 'cause we don't know where to go with the love story.

Also, how does that NOT change everything, since Eobard never was born and thus never overtook Wells and thus never created the Flash and whatever the fuck else. Do this things only happen with Flashs mum or what.

What would you have him do? Shoot his dick off or leave everyone while they're fighting and trying to stop the wormhole from expanding ?

It does change everything, it created a paradox which I'm going to assume is why there was a giant ass wormhole in the sky.

At the risk of sounding like a dick...

I think it only doesn't make sense if you think of Flash's timeline as linear.

That said I suppose we'll see how they dig themselves out of it at the start of Season 2/

Grym

Right, it doesn't make sense. It caused a gigantic reality-bending paradox at multiple timepoints throughout history. Which is why it is also the reason that the singularity went unstable and is basically trying to eat the entire world/timeline. The paradox is destroying everything

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
At the risk of sounding like a dick...

I think it only doesn't make sense if you think of Flash's timeline as linear.

That said I suppose we'll see how they dig themselves out of it at the start of Season 2/
You absolutely don't sound like a dick, no worry.

Right, it doesn't make sense. It caused a gigantic reality-bending paradox at multiple timepoints throughout history. Which is why it is also the reason that the singularity went unstable and is basically trying to eat the entire world/timeline. The paradox is destroying everything

Well that makes sense. Did they say that and I completely missed it?

i thought the whole vibe thing was set up for the flashpoint season when barry saves his mother and fucks the world up. then vibe would remember the real timeline and have to fix it.

i dont like the way it played out. it could have been so perfect

El Topo

You know what also should've caused that gigantic reality-bending paradox? Reverse Flash going back in the first place. It's probably best not to think about it too much. Time travel cannot make sense, unless one attempts to avoid some issues by using some multiverse excuse.

Wiktor

We know that they can change the past..thus characters actually have full free will and aren't forced to do anything. Therefore, as long as Eddie survives there's always a chance he will become a father. Untill you actually remove any possibility for Eobard being born he will continue to exist, because there's always a possibility he might exist.
The way I see it, that universe deals only in absolutes.

i thought the whole vibe thing was set up for the flashpoint season when barry saves his mother and fucks the world up. then vibe would remember the real timeline and have to fix it.

i dont like the way it played out. it could have been so perfect

I don't really think it's in DC's best interest to ever refer to Flashpoint again. =(

Grym

You know what also should've caused that gigantic reality-bending paradox? Reverse Flash going back in the first place. It's probably best not to think about it too much. Time travel cannot make sense, unless one attempts to avoid some issues by using some multiverse excuse.

Maybe it did? RF travels back from his original time (at that point in time a singularity appeared and destroyed that timeline), He is currently on a new modified timeline which his actions helped create.

Yeah, whatever. I don't even know if I buy my own argument. You're right. You can think in logic circles until you don't know which way is up any more. exhausting.

EDIT - Nope that doesn't work. Didn't happen when Barry travels back. Nevermind :p I don't have the mental fortitude for this :)

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

The black hole is the representation of that timeline going away. So yeah, everything is changed.

Blader

Eddie just said, screw the future. He wants to marry Iris, start a family, have kids whose last names are West-Thawne, not West-Allen. He believed he could diverge from what Welles had shown him.

And erasing Eobard from existence did change everything, it caused a paradox that opened up a massive space-time hole in the sky.

Xemnas89

Eddie just said, screw the future. He wants to marry Iris, start a family, have kids whose last names are West-Thawne, not West-Allen. He believed he could diverge from what Welles had shown him.

And erasing Eobard from existence did change everything, it caused a paradox that opened up a massive space-time hole in the sky.

As much as Eddie may have decided to choose his own future the fact that Well/Thawne was still here meant that he didn't change anything significant. It was when he shot himself that he created a paradox. Time abhors a paradox

Dunlop

When Eobard killed Barry's mother, Well's or pretty much anyone else shouldn't the same black hole event occurred.

Unless there is a Tardis involved, time travel story arcs are always messy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom