• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash |OT| Gotta Go Fast - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
When Eobard killed Barry's mother, Well's or pretty much anyone else shouldn't the same black hole event occurred.

Unless there is a Tardis involved, time travel story arcs are always messy lol

It wasn't a paradox.

Changing history is fine so long as time can wrap around to allow the core events to happen. But Eobard cannot exist without Eddie, and Eddie killing himself stops Eobard from existing - which cracks time wide open. Because now Eobard can't come back in time, which means everything from that day onwards in Central City never happens. And time can't repair itself.

KalBalboa

Banned
When Eobard killed Barry's mother, Well's or pretty much anyone else shouldn't the same black hole event occurred.

Unless there is a Tardis involved, time travel story arcs are always messy lol

Tardis-based stories tend to feel like the most low-stakes/weightless/uninteresting time travel tales for me, personally.

Not a Dr. Who guy, and I tried.

Mariolee

Yeah, how many people died at the end so that Barry's friends could live? It's forgiveable considering they didn't know what would happen and that Eddie's death came outta nowhere, but still something to think about.

El Topo

Did Eddie killing himself cause it? Or is it one of those "we thought we got rid of it but oh noes we actually didn't"?

Well, they started the countdown for the wormhole late and stopped it just barely before it would have run out, technically you could always point at that and say "Yeah, you guys fucked up the timer".

PreFire

We should stop speculating anyone is dead. It's a cliffhanger for a reason. Also, Barry can go back in time.. He can just stop Eddie from killing himself

Or maybe time is trying to repair itself. Eddie caused the black hole because of a temporal paradox when he killed himself, essentially undoing everything Eobard did the last 15 years. Time is trying to correct itself. Will Barry actually reverse the black hole or will he once again disappear into an alternate reality like he did with the tsunami?

We don't know. Btw
Tom Cavanaugh
confirmed to be an everyday regular next season. So, either time corrects itself or Barry goes back. The only thing that wasn't certain is the return of
Rick Corsett

Xemnas89

Did Eddie killing himself cause it? Or is it one of those "we thought we got rid of it but oh noes we actually didn't"?

It was never said one way or the other but I believe it was Eobard being erased from existence that caused it. It started back up as soon as he was gone but that doesn't really prove anything one way or the other. Still I think that caused it because Eddie created a time paradox.

ZeroX03

Banned
We should stop speculating anyone is dead. It's a cliffhanger for a reason. Also, Barry can go back in time.. He can just stop Eddie from killing himself

Or maybe time is trying to repair itself. Eddie caused the black hole because of a temporal paradox when he killed himself, essentially undoing everything Eobard did the last 15 years. Time is trying to correct itself. Will Barry actually reverse the black hole or will he once again disappear into an alternate reality like he did with the tsunami?

We don't know. Btw
Tom Cavanaugh
confirmed to be an everyday regular next season. So, either time corrects itself or Barry goes back. The only thing that wasn't certain is the return of
Rick Corsett

Tom can come back as OG Wells or Eobard. Pretty open ended where they can go with him.

Rick Cosnett's contract is up as far as I can tell. If he comes back it'll be as a guest star.

Not going to spoiler tag cast related news because over 4 months and official announcements it's not going to stay hidden.

Xemnas89

I wonder if we'll ever get two versions of Wells on screen at once in the future. I think we all assume that Cavanagh is coming back as the real Wells next season but Andrew Kreisberg has said if they bring back Reverse Flash in the future it could still be either version of him under the mask. With all the multiverse stuff happening I'm guessing a Wells version of the Reverse Flash still exists somewhere as well as the original version of Eobard. Will be interesting to see what they do in the future.

PreFire

I still sorta think Eddie might end up in the future, with speed force which revives/heals him, makes him crazy, and he becomes Eobard / RF
something definitely happens. That necklace he had on.. It means something.

I think this is all part of Eobard Thawne's plan. Even if Ricky thinks he was the wild card, the coincidence, and that he did that out of no where.. He didn't. You can't just change the future unless you change the past. Eobard would have known about the future of Eddie shooting himself.

What if Eddie gets sucked into the future where Eobard is from (I guess not the 25th century like the comics) where they have advanced medical procedures.. And possibly save/revive Eddie.. Where all of a sudden Eobard reappears.. Nah, I doubt it.l lol

That's what I love about this show though. Makes us really think

Well, they started the countdown for the wormhole late and stopped it just barely before it would have run out, technically you could always point at that and say "Yeah, you guys fucked up the timer".

It was never said one way or the other but I believe it was Eobard being erased from existence that caused it. It started back up as soon as he was gone but that doesn't really prove anything one way or the other. Still I think that caused it because Eddie created a time paradox.
My immediate assumption was the fact that they closed the portal late, but it could go either way. It may even be a combination of the two. The way I see it, they needed to go to a great deal of effort to open a wormhole in the first place. I doubt Eddie killing himself alone would have opened the wormhole, just as Barry running super fast would open a wormhole. My guess is that, since Eddie killed himself IMMEDIATELY after the wormhole close, that re-ruptured the time barrier.

So my guess is that it's a combination, as opposed to just one of those.
Well, we have an Archer in the CW superhero universe... :D

Olli: "Hey, hey, Laurel!"
Laure: "WHAT?"
Olli: "Dangerzone!"

edit: Wait a damn minute!

Sterling Archer
Starling Archer

:OO
Felicity starts to use "phrasing."
Earth 2 Wells. Watched Central City get destroyed by Darkseid.
Wells being scared of Jay brings my hype levels to maximum

PreFire

Also, what happened to the "2 flashes with the speed force can't be in the same time together because one of them disappears" or something like that

There were 2 of them when Barry went back.
Anyone else notice the future flash is basically on par with now reverse flash. They continuously vibrate even when standing still, like in the comics

The specific mention of Thawne telling Cisco to add Cobalt into the time sphere and Eddie being sucked into the singularity makes it seem like he'll become Cobalt Blue.

PreFire

That thing around Eddie's neck in the finale. What if it was the Cobalt Blue talisman?

Hmm
Cobalt_Blue_0004.jpg

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121015010426/marvel_dc/images/9/9f/Cobalt_Blue_0004.jpg

Idk why it's so small there

Xemnas89

That thing around Eddie's neck in the finale. What if it was the Cobalt Blue talisman?

http://www.thearrowverse.com/flash---going-over-what-happened-in-the-finale.html

I went to the sites finale article and he does in fact think it's the Cobalt Blue talisman. He claims that Rick Cosnett has mentioned that they have plans for him in season 2 but I've never seen that said anywhere.

http://www.thearrowverse.com/flash---going-over-what-happened-in-the-finale.html

I went to the sites finale article and he does in fact think it's the Cobalt Blue talisman. He claims that Rick Cosnett has mentioned that they have plans for him in season 2 but I've never seen that said anywhere.

Eh, it's reaching. I'm more sound in the idea that Eddie will effectively become Hunter Zolomon over Cobalt Blue. I'm not dismissing it, and I think both could happen. But a lot of his supporting evidence is shaky, and doesn't hold up well.

Plus both articles were really tough to read, for some reason.

Xemnas89

Eh, it's reaching. I'm more sound in the idea that Eddie will effectively become Hunter Zolomon over Cobalt Blue. I'm not dismissing it, and I think both could happen. But a lot of his supporting evidence is shaky, and doesn't hold up well.

Plus both articles were really tough to read, for some reason.

I personally think they're going to let his death stick but if not I feel like he has more of a chance to become Zoom the Cobalt Blue.

I personally think they're going to let his death stick but if not I feel like he has more of a chance to become Zoom the Cobalt Blue.

I don't know. Maybe. It depends. Though I do think someone posted an article link to Cosnett about S2. What he mentioned is familiar.

The big issue I have with this show is also it's most intriguing component: alternate timelines/realities. They can do so much with this concept, but it could also lead to equally disastrous results.

I'm betting Zoom over Cobalt, but I'd also like to hold out for my Michael Rosenbaum as Hunter Zolomon. So we'll see.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Barry grabs an Eddie from the multiverse. Iris rejects him. Turns out this Eddie has super speed and Eobard is back in continuity.

This is exactly what I said to my nephew when I watched it with him. If you need to be exact with something that important then make sure the timer starts automatically.

ZeroX03

Banned
So what are everyone's favorite episodes? I was thinking of doing a top five but there's just so many to choose from.

• Pilot
  • Going Rogue
  • Flash vs. Arrow
  • The Man in the Yellow Suit
  • The Nuclear Man
  • Fallout
  • Out of Time
  • Rogue Time
  • Tricksters
  • The Trap
  • Grodd Lives
  • Rogue Air
  • Fast Enough
That's literally over half the season I consider exceptional episodes. This fucking show!

Also my best friend got the Flash & Reverse Flash funko pop things. I'm going to pick up the set too. Gotta get Cold!

11312488_1609166762663670_1776567392_n.jpg

Xemnas89

So what are everyone's favorite episodes? I was thinking of doing a top five but there's just so many to choose from.

• Pilot
  • Going Rogue
  • Flash vs. Arrow
  • The Nuclear Man
  • Fallout
  • Out of Time
  • Rogue Time
  • Tricksters
  • The Trap
  • Grodd Lives
  • Rogue Air
  • Fast Enough
That's literally over half the season I consider exceptional episodes. This fucking show!

The man in the yellow suit
Out of Time
Tricksters
The Trap
Rogue Air
Fast Enough

Those are my top six in no particular order. Every episode you listed is great and I even like some of the ones other people were down on like the Pied Piper episodes.

El Topo

This is exactly what I said to my nephew when I watched it with him. If you need to be exact with something that important then make sure the timer starts automatically.

Didn't the timer stop automatically? Anyway, I found the whole predicament, including not having anyone down there (from the very beginning) for an emergency deactivation, kinda amusing. Then again, it's a TV show, so I don't mind it at all.

Tabby

• Pilot
  • Going Rogue
  • Flash vs. Arrow
  • The Nuclear Man
  • Fallout
  • Out of Time
  • Rogue Time
  • Tricksters
  • The Trap
  • Grodd Lives
  • Rogue Air
  • Fast Enough

Also my best friend got the Flash & Reverse Flash funko pop things. I'm going to pick up the set too. Gotta get Cold!

If I had to choose it would have to be

• Flash vs Arrow
  • The Man In The Yellow Suit
  • Out of Time
  • The Trap
  • Fast Enough

I've been thinking about it and for the life of me, I don't get why Barry attacked Well/Thawne when Barry was returning from the past. Just plain anger?

G-Fex

I've been thinking about it and for the life of me, I don't get why Barry attacked Well/Thawne when Barry was returning from the past. Just plain anger?

cause he just heard and saw his mother being killed and understandably that might piss off some sons who love their mom.

• Pilot
  • Going Rogue
  • Flash vs. Arrow
  • The Nuclear Man
  • Fallout
  • Out of Time
  • Rogue Time
  • Tricksters
  • The Trap
  • Grodd Lives
  • Rogue Air
  • Fast Enough

Out of Time is numero uno
Everything else is gravy

Top 5?
Out of Time
Fast Enough
Rogue Air
The Man in Yellow
Fallout

I'd also throw honorable mention to The Brave and the Bold episode of Arrow. I enjoyed Flash and Arrow vs. Captain Boomerang way more than Flash vs. Arrow.

While I think those episode individually are the best, I could honestly pick a moment from every episode. The super-heroics, that's the stuff that makes me cheer. Moments where he talks about life with Joe or Henry. Asking advice from Dr. Wells. Being friends with Caitlin, Cisco, Eddie, and Iris. It's all good.

If they can nail down better writing for any future romance, that would be the cherry on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom