• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash |OT| Gotta Go Fast - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

BokehKing

Banned
Just watched the last two episodes....

Wtf kind of ending was that?

he runs into a black hole.... And... What? Do I have to read the comics to know what happens next?

BokehKing

Banned
You wait for next season?

That's how TV shows work.
I know how they work
But no one has any guesses as what this could lead to?

Or will season 2 start with
Barry running super fast in the first 2 minutes, saving the day and then they all go to Eddies funeral and have cake afterwards

I know how they work
But no one has any guesses as what this could lead to?

Or will season 2 start with
Barry running super fast in the first 2 minutes, saving the day and then they all go to Eddies funeral and have cake afterwards
Season 2 will explore the
multiverse
, so expect some crazy shit to go down

I want to say both. So far all we've seen is time travel but the finale teased parallel universes (Jay Garrick)
There was a timeline, Eobard travelled back in time creating an alternate timeline (The one that we're watching). The one that Barry created in episode 15 is another timeline I'm guessing.
Andrew Kreisberg even refers to it as a seperate timeline.

Also, Flash Season 1 Review by everybody's favourite JeremyJahns.

But if it's a parallel timeline Eddie's suicide wouldn't erase Eboard

Also we already had this conversation

Pachimari

I'm catching up on both The Flash and Arrow right now, and have about 4 episodes left to go on each show. And then I quickly skimp through my list of RSS feeds on mobile, and right there in ONE headline I get spoiled about the whole timeline thing.

Fuck me, and the internet sometimes. Heh. Eh. :(

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm catching up on both The Flash and Arrow right now, and have about 4 episodes left to go on each show. And then I quickly skimp through my list of RSS feeds on mobile, and right there in ONE headline I get spoiled about the whole timeline thing.

Fuck me, and the internet sometimes. Heh. Eh. :(
Eh

its not that much of a spoiler honestly. This will make sense when you actually see it

Pachimari

Eh

its not that much of a spoiler honestly. This will make sense when you actually see it
Okay, good to know. Hope I won't get anything spoilered. I'll finish it all tonight.

And I gotta admit, to me, Arrow is picking up now, and Flash is getting more interesting as I move forward. I love all of the crossovers and connections between the shows.

It is really awesome right now. Though the whole "a meta-human" a week can become a little tiresome to me.

Cynar

This Wally love needs to stop.

Although, an opportunity to recast the lead in a show and have it make sense canonically doesn't come around very often.

Time travel + a recast lead every few years? This is America's Dr. Who yall.
Agreed. Stop the Wally love before it gets worse.

Re-watched the finale. Shit still got me like:

Liam-Neeson.gif

Ah okay I didn't know the old timers were still around in new 52 comics ( I haven't read any new 52). Sounds good.
Well, they aren't old timers at that point. Just a different Earth.
Barry wasn't connected to the speed force at first either. It's a relatively recent concept. It retroactively applied to all Flashes.

This is true, but they could play it off by making Barry "The creator of the Speed Force."

Since Jay came before he just didn't really fit in.

I got 10 right. It was when it threw some names that I didn't know that tripped me up. The Supernatural and Arrow ones were easy because of posters and tattoos.

guek

Banned
Man, Star Labs needs to invest in some locks for their front doors. A building full of future-tech and they can't put deadbolts on the entrance.

edit: also, Iris is worse the more screen time she is. The character, not the actress.

squadr0n

I've been marathoning the entire series off my dvr for the first timesince this show has been getting so much praise. I'm up to episode 11 and have been shocked how much better this show is from the rest of the crappy B rate super hero shows. I'm espically happy with the return of Wentworth Miller and his costar from Prison Break! They work so well together and no matter how cheesy some of the props are, these two will make it badass.

Do they explain later how Wells was able to talk to reverse flash while he was trapped in the force field?

Nabs

I've been marathoning the entire series off my dvr for the first timesince this show has been getting so much praise. I'm up to episode 11 and have been shocked how much better this show is from the rest of the crappy B rate super hero shows. I'm espically happy with the return of Wentworth Miller and his costar from Prison Break! They work so well together and no matter how cheesy some of the props are, these two will make it badass.

Do they explain later how Wells was able to talk to reverse flash while he was trapped in the force field?

You might want to leave this thread until you finish up.

guek

Banned
I'm on episode 22 and I know they're incredibly budget restrained this episode in particular due to the larger number of baddies but nonetheless, I found this moment so hilarious, I had to make a gif of it.

uorhP4z.gif

Also, it made no sense that they didn't keep these guys sedated the entire time during the transport. Bah!

Tabby

Keep watching and find out, also get out of this thread.

guek

Banned
The finale was hype but I guess I'm one of the few people who didn't like it overall. I like this show but the last third of the season was worse for me than everything that came before it. Too many contrived plot points with characters making needlessly illogical decisions. The finale
was mostly warning after warning urging Barry not going through with the plan and then doing it anyway. Eddie died needlessly. All those people in those buildings died needlessly. I'm guessing there's going to be more time travel shenanigans which will hopefully rectify some of what happened. The cliffhanger is annoying as fuck though and was a poor way to end the season.

I rewatched the finale a few days ago. The only thing I don't like about it is that the bulk of the first half is really boring/slow. It's basically Barry running to EVERY other character crying over what to do. He even has a heart to heart with Joe TWICE. With the same "oh he's upset, I'll go talk him" thing, lol.

But then the last half hits and you completely forget about the rest.

scabro

the show lost me after the episode with the robot bees, but i just went back and binged the rest. Was pretty good. I couldn't believe how well they pulled off Grodd.

I'm on episode 22 and I know they're incredibly budget restrained this episode in particular due to the larger number of baddies but nonetheless, I found this moment so hilarious, I had to make a gif of it.

uorhP4z.gif

Also, it made no sense that they didn't keep these guys sedated the entire time during the transport. Bah!

this episode was terrible though.

Hey bro, lets get supervillain and terrible and untrustworthy person Captain Cold to help transporting these prisoners who are powerless and that no one even knows are being trasported because we might need his cold gun.

The same cold gun we have seen Cisco build not once, but twice, the latter with comical ease.

Yes, lets do that.

And the finale was awesome but made no sense on several points but hey its the speedforce go fuck yourself, i guess. Regardless that last effects shot was pretty great.

I rewatched the finale a few days ago. The only thing I don't like about it is that the bulk of the first half is really boring/slow. It's basically Barry running to EVERY other character crying over what to do. He even has a heart to heart with Joe TWICE. With the same "oh he's upset, I'll go talk him" thing, lol.

But then the last half hits and you completely forget about the rest.

Well, the second half really shouldn't have happened, because the fact that anyone let Barry do that at all is kind of ludicrous.

kurahador

Yeah that Grodd episode was legit. It might be the best in the season for me.

Urghhh...no. Grodd episode was among the worst ---- unnecessary Grodd jump, conflict resolve by a train that somehow on the same track as the train passing by few seconds prior, Joe overacting, terrible Grodd CGI...etc

guek

Banned
Urghhh...no. Grodd episode was among the worst ---- unnecessary Grodd jump, conflict resolve by a train that somehow on the same track as the train passing by few seconds prior, Joe overacting, terrible Grodd CGI...etc

I thought the CGI was great!

To be quite frank, I think most people turn a blind eye to the idiocy inherent to nearly every episode of this show. The Grodd episode was lighter in the stupid department and I thought it nailed Grodd's look and imposing presence. Joe overacts a lot in this show too :p Maybe I've just gotten used to it.

Penguin

uorhP4z.gif

Okay, yes

This was the one scene... I'm like... yeah... this looks awful

I forgave it but only real time when I'm like TV budget has limits haha

The Adder

Banned
Someone on SA Forums said:
I had a dream of Gorilla Grodd listening to his favorite group, Gorillaz, singing along to Clint Eastwood.

I think they lyrics could be tweaked a bit to create a masterpiece. Someone get on it.

My response:

Grodd ain't happy, Grodd raging mad
But Grodd have this in the bag
They're useless but not for long
Grodd future is coming on
Grodd ain't happy, Grodd raging mad
But Grodd have this in the bag
They're useless but not for long
Grodd future is coming on
It's coming on
It's coming on
It's coming on

Yeah... Ha ha!
Finally, Father let Grodd out of Grodd cage
Now, your mind to Grodd is nothing against Grodd psychic rage
Come and look for Grodd there
Grodd can see that you're scared
Lure you into Grodd lair
Then your mind Grodd ensnare
Intangible
The link that makes you do what Grodd command you do
Then Grodd will use you to
Go and make it all manageable
Pick and choose
Brained or bruised
Either way you lose
Find the clues
Grodd still catch you in Grodd mental noose
Break your shield then Grodd beat you in a subway tube
Put you in Grodd zoo
You think it's fictonal?
Mystical? Maybe
Dim-witted
Hero who trys to subdue father too Grodd drive him crazy
Lifeless
Grodd life before Grodd knew what living life is
Priceless
Your hope to stand against coming Grodd crisis
Flash fight Grodd?
Funny joke.
Grodd crush him in one blow
A psychic with muscles
Banana? Grodd hate those!

Xemnas89

So the way I understand it they're re-airing the whole season during the break. If the show comes back during the first full week of October I don't see how they'll be able to air the whole season unless they show two episodes on some nights. If they air just one a week then the finale would re-air on October 27th which would mean season two would start November 3rd and that's just not going to happen.

I actually really really liked Joe's acting in this episode.

When a telepathic gorilla gets you to almost shoot yourself in the face, I think anyone would react the same way.

Ri'Orius

Did I miss an explanation for why they let Thawne/Wells use the wormhole, too? Especially since it apparently could've taken him to any time he wanted, letting him go instead of at least trying to renege seems... pretty dumb.

Xemnas89

Did I miss an explanation for why they let Thawne/Wells use the wormhole, too? Especially since it apparently could've taken him to any time he wanted, letting him go instead of at least trying to renege seems... pretty dumb.

Probably just Barry living up to his end of the deal. Wells said if Barry gave him what he wanted he'd give Barry what he wanted.

Nodnol

So the finale aired tonight in the UK.

Very emotional; it had me welling up at times.

I hated the ending though; the bastards! What a cliff hanger.

Also the huge paradox that was created, unless/until they explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom