• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
OK, put me down on the Michael Schumacher train for this season....
Schumi%27s%20Victory%20Jump%20Again.jpg

This got very annoying in the end, but now, I'd love to see it again.

I was never a huge fan of Schumacher (even though i have a huge amount of respect for his talent) and in some ways his domination turned me off the sport. I would still love to see him get a win though.

Edmond Dantès;36084618 said:

Heh it was funny seeing that picture change :p.

Ark

The discussion here is who was faster in 2007, you cannot just refer 'the paper' for that you have take into considerations a lot of things.

Sorry, but there is no 'second place' in Formula 1. You either win, or you are forgotten.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
The discussion here is who was faster in 2007, you cannot just refer 'the paper' for that you have take into considerations a lot of things.
In terms of pure statistics there's no denying the speed of the F2007.

12 fastest laps to 5 in favour of the F2007 as well as the pole count mentioned previously.

22 podiums compared to the McLaren's 24.

One non-points finish each in the races they actually finished in.

And 3 retirements and one DQ in comparison to McLaren's 2 retirements.

But for those retirements and the DQ, who's to say that F2007 wouldn't have been closer or even won outright, not to mention Felipe's terrible race in Hungary.

They were equally matched that year and both cars have a claim as the fastest car of 2007.

operon

So winning a race this year would undo all of his troubles and silly mistakes of the last couple of years would it? Nonsense.

Sorry what??
No it would show he still has it, then we might get eddit to shut up about his retiring etc etc, its boring and showed that most of them team last year really disliked schumi

Zeppu

Has everyone prepped their '****'s sake Felipe' gif for this this season? I get a feeling we're going to need it again this year.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Season is under way. Watched some Speed FP1 stream then fell asleep.

Tonight I am going to try and stay awake and watch quali. Then tomorrow night we are going to a birthday party/st patrick's day bash and I will have to stay awake for the race. Thank god I set the tivo to record because I have a feeling I will doze off here and there.

Good to see all the teams are doing well (sans HRT). It looks like we may actually have a lot more midpack battles and the top three look very strong.

Adamm

Finished watching the replay for FP1 & 2 - My conclusions

* Mercedes & Schumacher looking very good. Schumahcer also has that angry determined look on his face again like he had in his Ferrari days. The last 2 season he seemed alot laid back. I expect him to be fighting for poles/wins this season.

* The Ferrari doesnt look to have improved much since winter testing. Still looks very hard to drive

* I know red bulls are not knowing for blowing away everyone in Practice, but they didnt look too fast during these sessions. So looking good for a close season

* Nico Hulkenberg is awesome. Williams look silly for letting him go.

* All teams looking quite fast, even Marussia don't look too bad (all things considered)

* HRT are still a joke

* Kobayashi is insane

Waiting for First race will prove everything i just said wrong :(

Ark

Mercedes, Schumacher and Hulkenberg are all looking on-form from practise so far. Red Bull look as if they're not going to enjoy the supremacy they've had for the last couple of years, unless they've been massively sandbagging, everyone else is looking very strong in comparison.

acm2000

i dislike schumy, for his cheating, and for being... well... him, not that i can deny his mastery of an f1 car, i just think he is a c*nt lol

all aboard the kubic...oh wait... hulk train!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Did you guys notice the significant change in fuel points for the racemanager league this year?

http://www.f1racemanager.com/faqrules.asp

Huge reduction which makes fuel seemingly slightly less important or at least less bang for your buck. I think they realized last year that it was worth too much for too little money.

And the bets are now 600k a piece not 400k. Big change there as well.

acm2000

ahahua. of course. working this weekend though. bu bu

add me to kimi creepy fan list

the hardcore kimi fans are bloody mad

i have this image of them sitting in a dark room, wearing sunglasses, pouring coca cola* over themselves while putting a magnum* somewhere no magnum should EVER go, and self fellating

*other good brands of cola and ice creams are available

Septimius

Edmond Dantès;36084127 said:
Could say the same thing about the likes of Fangio, Clark, Ascari, Schumacher and even Senna and Prost. Championships are won while driving the best, often dominant cars.

*cough*1998*cough*

avaya

Edmond Dantès;36084618 said:

It never got annoying. His Teutonic greatness was awe inspiring. When you see him in his element with the car it was truly exciting. Only Hamilton and Raikkonen invoke that same feeling these days.

But this is practice and the old man has suffered the ignominy of being beaten by Britney. He has clearly lost the advantage he had before, he is now just a mere mortal like the others.

Finished watching the replay for FP1 & 2 - My conclusions

* Mercedes & Schumacher looking very good. Schumahcer also has that angry determined look on his face again like he had in his Ferrari days. The last 2 season he seemed alot laid back. I expect him to be fighting for poles/wins this season.

* The Ferrari doesnt look to have improved much since winter testing. Still looks very hard to drive

* I know red bulls are not knowing for blowing away everyone in Practice, but they didnt look too fast during these sessions. So looking good for a close season

* Nico Hulkenberg is awesome. Williams look silly for letting him go.

* All teams looking quite fast, even Marussia don't look too bad (all things considered)

* HRT are still a joke

* Kobayashi is insane

Waiting for First race will prove everything i just said wrong :(

Yes he is, he's my next Kimi :D

ahahua. of course. working this weekend though. bu bu

add me to kimi creepy fan list

JM, I'm MJ.. ummm .. creepy..

This thread doesn't have enough pics that make me LOL.

ferr_mass_melb_2012-4-886x590.jpg

hahaha.. you're so evil

I didn't noticed that the treads of the inters are painted green last night. Looks pretty cool. It is the same on the wets?

I've noticed that only the front right one was, can't remember on which car. I could be wrong though

It's only the front right you can see in that pic. Maybe it is just flow vis in the tread I can see then and it's coincidence that it is the same colour as the tyre markings?

Thought so. Thanks.

Would've been cool though, especially for the full wets :)

EDIT: so Redbull still using flow viz? things aren't looking good

Nintendo don't want WiiU versions of games announced yet. It'll certainly be a WiiU title, unless Codies hate money.

WiiU's gonna get it for sure.. which reminds me. I can't wait for Pikmin :D

Flow vis isn't a sign of things going wrong. Just a check to validate wind tunnel results.

so they are still not sure if the wind tunnel is fully collaborated or not. That means they're not happy with they're results

Chris R

WiiU version of the game could be interesting. Having stuff like timing, full course map, pit stop options, ect on the tablet while the race is on the tv would be great.

Who am I kidding, WiiU to get F1Kart at the end of the year :|

Ark

so they are still not sure if the wind tunnel is fully collaborated or not. That means they're not happy with they're results

All the teams do this each race weekend most of the time. The wind tunnel can never fully replicate the effect of being in the real world, totally evident from Ferrari's poor wind tunnel results and they use the old Toyota wind tunnel, which iirc is the most advanced.

HRT confirms that Myoclonic Jerk's prediction is highly likely to happy

For the sake of Ark not going bananas here's the actual title "HRT admits qualifying for the race will be difficult"

Changing the titles is fine, just don't make blind assumptions about the article you post. I love you really though <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom