• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Terrific write up. I still need to watch the 2011 race some day. I had just moved into my new residence and didn't have internet or tv setup yet :( Tried to tether my phone to my laptop and find a stream so I watched maybe 3 or 4 laps, but then the stream died and my signal went to shit.

Shaneus

Waking up to Webber qualifying fourth. I'm not disappointed, strangely enough. Am at Vettel getting pole, though :/

If Webs can get a start like he did at Monaco, no reason he couldn't be first at the first corner, but we'll see.

useless? last years race had 2 drs zone's and was one of the reasons why button won that year.

the drs zone's were overpowered at last years race.

I'm just saying that they've done it (reduce/change drs zones) in Barcelona I think and the drs became useless. If that's the case tomorrow we could be in for a boring race. Hardly possible in Canada but still

Watched the videos and wow at 1998. Last year was crazy too. I would have loved to see the reactions on GAF when Button put Hamilton in the wall. :lol

Tomorrow will be crazy.

Omiee

Watched the videos and wow at 1998. Last year was crazy too. I would have loved to see the reactions on GAF when Button put Hamilton in the wall. :lol

Tomorrow will be crazy.

let me tell you it was hilarious, i think there was a discussion about it for 3 or 4 pages(100 pp).

Yen

I don't know how to justify watching the Canadian GP and then Ireland v Croatia right after each other when I have an exam first thing Monday morning.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I don't know how to justify watching the Canadian GP and then Ireland v Croatia right after each other when I have an exam first thing Monday morning.
Skipping the race live and watching the Ireland game.
I'll be bailing out of GAF around 6pm BST tomorrow.

At the front, Vettel, even though Button was close behind, was looking comfortable until he made a mistake and hit some water off line at Turn 6, handing Button the lead

Personal opinion but I don't think Vettel was looking comfortable. He was wringing the neck of the car to desperately try and stay ahead by enough to escape the (overpowered) DRS zone. Even without the mistake he'd have lost that position quite easy if Button was close enough to use DRS.

That aside, nice writeup as always. :)

bkw

Sweet... for Canadians, looks like CTV is broadcasting the grand prix since TSN is covering Euro. That means OTA HD for me. Bonus!

mblitek

Disappointed with qualifying, I was hoping to see the Saubers higher up. But, glad to see Grosjean & Di Resta up there!

I download the races & qualifying after so I'll be out once again until then!

Megasoum

Banned
Sweet... for Canadians, looks like CTV is broadcasting the grand prix since TSN is covering Euro. That means OTA HD for me. Bonus!

What I wonder is if CTV will had ads... I imagine since RDS will have them. It's so annoying to have the amazing HD quality on my tv but being stuck with ads every 10minutes.

Flo_Evans

Are you this "Taylor Dixson"? Awesome photos, dude. Was going to say the same with the last set, but wasn't sure if that was you or not.

Yes.

I have a ton more but the Internet here sucks! Let me know if you want to see a specific car or any support race photos (figured I would post those in the general race thread when I got back).

photo by Taylor Dixson, on Flickr

Going out to have a drink and getting some protest photos :)

I still can't believe Alonso is leading the championship and Ferrari managed to improve their car so much since the start of the season. I think I'll die of happiness if Alonso wins the championship this year.

Excellent. Very good quality pics, thanks.

Alonso so has this race!

Thanks, if I knew how sweet these seats where I would of sprung for the nicer telephoto lens. I saw some dudes with the $10,000 600mm f4 Nikon here. /drool

paskowitz

Yes.

I have a ton more but the Internet here sucks! Let me know if you want to see a specific car or any support race photos (figured I would post those in the general race thread when I got back).

Going out to have a drink and getting some protest photos :)

Alonso so has this race!

Thanks, if I knew how sweet these seats where I would of sprung for the nicer telephoto lens. I saw some dudes with the $10,000 600mm f4 Nikon here. /drool

Sorry for the big quote. Some photos of the Porsche cup support race would be awesome.

Shaneus

Just keep doing what you're doing! Obviously I'd put in a vote for Webber, but what you've been taking so far have been awesome enough.

Flo_Evans

Fantastic preview.

They must've done something to the track, because Vettel's pole lap is close to Barichello's fastest lap from 2004.

I also chuckled when I watched the 1998 highlights and Murray said that Fisichella could be the next WDC one day.

Orgun

Wow, De La Rosa must be working some kind of magic to get that HRT ahead of Glock and Pique. Over a second faster than cucumber too.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I'm betting on 3 safety cars incidents today.
The Williams looks a bit tail happy and one will end up in the Wall of Champions and one the HRTs will crash too.

Omiee

Watching the 2011 race, amazing how koba got lucky with the rain. He was 2nd and got to change his tires.

Webber+killer+lap.jpg

Black-Flag-2011-06-08-Parking-for-Winners.jpg

Jenson button crying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KGcaYavBnuY#!

This looks weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lCQtzqPfleM

I forgot that Italy is playing today.

Man, this will be quite the Sunday. Hopefully not too terrible. My heart can't take a double Italian failure.

Omiee

durex-extra-safe-condoms.jpg

Dont do it pirelly!! Who wants to come in and change rubber every 10 minutes?

tumblr_m483gaIgh61rwo4jio1_400.gif

This will be handy come race day.

Alonso 5 min before the race.

tumblr_m3vebdg8HH1qcpen9o1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom