• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Sky's build-up seems to be pretty bad. I hoped they'd improve over the year, but it's still ... lame and soulless.

You just know were going to get 2 or 3 safety cars this race. Either HRT or one of the williams cars will crash in to the wall of champions.

If vettel manages to defend first in the first corner he should be fine for the remainder of the race.

Only if Alonso doesn't take a nap to safe tyres, like he did in Monaco.

f0rk

DC's view is pretty sweet.
AvCrOu2CQAAg_U5.jpg

Omiee

The magic of tabs and/or different windows. :p

Have italy spain game on the 50inch. F1 on the second monitor and 2 windows for gaf Euro and F1 threads.

Timing on the ipad.

love technology these days.

wait what? the brake thingy has been on since the second test in barcelona and it just got banned?

fuckkkkk off FIA.

Adamm

Think I'll record the f1 & watch the Ireland game.

Although every time I miss the f1 someone always ruins the result for me :(

Sky's coverage continues to be shit. They're not getting any better, are they?

They start 1 1/2 hours before the race, which would make you think they have enough content to fill that much time.

But then they just fill it with ads, ads, ads, ads.

And yes, they presentation is still awkward as hell. It's like no-one really wants to be there.

I wonder if that's a reused segment of Sky's F1 Legends show, they're showing over and over again, because their dedicated F1 channel has no other content.

Wow, Sky even shoves ads in after the ad break. Why are people paying again?

And Jacques complaining about the lack of passion in F1 and how modern F1 got so easy with DRS and KERS. Good old Jacques.

London race? Its a one time thing with mclaren right?

Yeah, it was an Santander ad.

mblitek

Well this sucks, I have to wait until the race is over which is my local time as I watch both BBC&Sky preshow &race coverage (I like Brundle) so my friends and I are watching after dinner.

Taylor Dixson, awesome photos man! What camera/lens setup?

Omiee

Wow, Sky even shoves ads in after the ad break. Why are people paying again?

And Jacques complaining about the lack of passion in F1 and how modern F1 got so easy with DRS and KERS. Good old Jacques.

Yeah, it was an Santander ad.

Bernie even wants to cut BBC from broadcasting, it would be sky only.

I cant go back to RTL in the Netherlands =(

Omiee

Alonso has come a long way... he wasn't always this affable.

Probably the best driver in the grid still.

We are trully blessed by these drivers this year. 2012 will be a year our kids will talk about in the future like we talk about 1998 and the senna prost years.

mblitek

Alonso has come a long way... he wasn't always this affable.

Probably the best driver in the grid still.

Yeah seriously! WTF! I hated him from his whiny Lewis/McLaren and Flavio/Renault days. That said I always respected his talents and fear when Ferrari get a steady stable car.

I also wish Webber didn't drive for Red Bull. I liked Red Bull when D.C. & Webber drove for them now I find myself with two Red Bull Racing shirts because they look cool (embarrassed).

I miss Anthony Davidson driving :( I'm rooting for him in Le Mans.

Omiee

I was talking about the press conference, how he said that this win meant nothing, because they still got so much work to do. Still, nothing beats his laugh after the Korea 2010 race.

Nvm than, yeah he was pretty down to earth last year. Not pissed or what ever just working to get their pace up.

But man that joker laugh lol.

mblitek

Hmmm this is interesting regarding Sauber/Lotus.

KrrlZ.jpg

I really hope to see Sergio/Kamui/Romain progress. I'm certain Di Resta has a future "in the bag."

Omiee

Vettel is 1 win away from entering the top 10 most race wins in history.
1 more pole and he is in the top 3 for most poles in history.

He is 24 btw

Megasoum

Banned
I'm so pissed that all 3 tv channels (RDS, CTV and FOX) that show the race live in Canada (our own GP!) will have ads during the race... Seriously WTF?

Sloane

Banned
Hmmm this is interesting regarding Sauber/Lotus.

KrrlZ.jpg

I really hope to see Sergio/Kamui/Romain progress. I'm certain Di Resta has a future "in the bag."
Sky (Germany) said yesterday that Sauber is really unhappy with Koba and Perez. Guess that makes sense seeing how fast the car can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom