• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't posting no pictures of me on the internet!

Sideburns, goatee and a mustache, just lighter because it's trimmed. Believe!

0mtdB.jpg

Ark

Ah the race conflicts with the League of Legends MLG Anahiem tournament today, I'll have to find a way to watch both at the same time.

Vettel
Alonso
Hamilton

Somehow going to try and watch f1, football, sc2 and dota 2 all at the same time.

So much sport today, currently watching Roland Garros, then its Spain-Italy during the tennis. Then F1 and the ireland match. Crazy, but of course Formula 1 is the main priority

Lucius86

Banned
So much sport today, currently watching Roland Garros, then its Spain-Italy during the tennis. Then F1 and the ireland match. Crazy, but of course Formula 1 is the main priority

I'm doing the same thing, but swap the tennis for watching quali from yesterday as I was out at a party. Love these sport days.

Deadman

I was hoping the tennis would be fast and end before the football, but it doesnt look like it will anymore.

I need more screens.

Omiee

I'm doing the same thing, but swap the tennis for watching quali from yesterday as I was out at a party. Love these sport days.

Remember last year with F1 and Le mans? Thats was one great weekend.

but this weekend is amazing as well. Roland garros, F1, spain italy and than ireland.

love it!!

I was thinking the same thing just now. Tennis is the lowest priority though and Spain vs Italy the highest.

One screen for football, the biggest screen for F1 and the other one for GAF. It's the only way to handle this.

Soem good news for the US GP.

F1: End of legal action 'bodes well' for US GP

The local Austin American Statesman newspaper reports that race founder Tavo Hellmund and the Circuit of the Americas' new project leaders have settled a lawsuit.

No further details were forthcoming, but the newspaper said the settlement "could lift a cloud that has been hanging over Austin's first F1 race".

"I hope this puts the matter behind us all," Hellmund commented.

His lawyer agreed that the confidential settlement "bodes well for Austin's F1 project, and we look forward to seeing Tavo's dream of a fantastic race happen in November".

The good news is timely for the $300 million project, with FIA officials set to inspect the site on Monday ahead of the scheduled mid November race debut.

Tickets are now going on sale.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/end-of-legal-action-bodes-well-for-us-gp/?i=3?i=3

Omiee

The climbing temperatures in Montreal were very much on Lewis Hamilton's mind after qualifying, as he admitted that his car hadn't taken well to the warmer conditions on Saturday.

"It was definitely a bit harder for us today. We definitely struggled with working with the tyres in FP3 and in qualifying," the McLaren driver confessed. "Yesterday we had very good pace in the cooler conditions but as it got hotter today we really, really struggled.

"It was tough trying to get the tyres to switch on properly: today's warmer temperatures made that trickier for us, I think," he added.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/180695...tm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

Today should be hotter, they might struggle with race pace. Ferrari on the other hand are very quick in these conditions.

torontoml

Does anyone know of a good stream? I was just going through my channels and it doesn't look like my shitty cable gets CTV, and they aren't showing it on TSN.

This is my favorite race on the calender and I really don't want to miss it.

Omiee

I think the Ferrari prefers the colder conditions as well. I know they were quick yesterday, but that would be the first time, iirc.

And goddammit, Italy is already killing me.

Ferrari were quick in barcelona though. Red bull seem to be faster in these conditions though.

Not the spain team im used to, they are playing pretty bad so far.

Ferrari were quick in barcelona though. Red bull seem to be faster in these conditions though.

Not the spain team im used to, they are playing pretty bad so far.
But they brought some big upgrades to Barcelona, so that was expected.

Fine by me. Problem is, it's exactly the Italy I'm used to. :/

Omiee

So again, it's expected that Ferrari is quick this weekend, despite the conditions. ;)

Hmm lol your right.

Anyhow the race should be so enteratining. Williams have the pace no matter what qualy showed us. Maldonado was purple in the first sector before hitting the wall.

Alonso and Hamilton battle should be fun to watch.

Vettel will probably pull a gap in the first part of the race.

Look out for button to overtake a few. Webber should be 8th by the first corner.

Mercedes will make things interesting for the fight for podium though. They seem to have the same race pace as mclaren.

AndyD

aka andydumi
RBR Ferrari and Mercedes will probably duke this out, I think McLaren will suffer quite a bit in the heat. And Lotus is just not looking good on this track for some reason.

RBR Ferrari and Mercedes will probably duke this out, I think McLaren will suffer quite a bit in the heat. And Lotus is just not looking good on this track for some reason.

I think it's time to stop betting on Lotus. They don't seem to be able to keep up with the development pace.

Its 2011 all over again, they were so good at the first half of the year and completely lost the pace for the rest of the year.

Even Williams kinda starts to look better than them. They almost pulled a Ferrari with the development of the car. Now if they only had capable drivers. Someone like Kimi might've been a good idea ... Oh well!

Sloane

Banned
Going by yesterday, Vettel should win the race easily. Alonso might be able to stay within 10 seconds or so from him, not expecting much from the McLarens to be honest. Hoping for a Schumi podium, although just finishing the race could be considered a success at this point. Doubt the race will be exciting though unless someone screws up royally.

Omiee

Even Williams kinda starts to look better than them. They almost pulled a Ferrari with the development of the car. Now if they only had capable drivers. Someone like Kimi might've been a good idea ... Oh well!

Sauber and Williams improved a lot from last year. I think Sauber might be faster than lotus this race.

Going by yesterday, Vettel should win the race easily. Alonso might be able to stay within 10 seconds or so from him, not expecting much from the McLarens to be honest. Hoping for a Schumi podium, although just finishing the race could be considered a success too at this point. Doubt the race will be exciting though unless someone screws up royally.

Once Vettel stays on P1, it will be hard to get him again, but the first corner won't be easy for him. Also, lets not forget the chance of the safety car bringing the pack back together again.

Omiee

Once Vettel stays on P1, it will be hard to get him again, but the first corner won't be easy for him. Also, lets not forget the chance of the safety car bringing the pack back together again.

You just know were going to get 2 or 3 safety cars this race. Either HRT or one of the williams cars will crash in to the wall of champions.

If vettel manages to defend first in the first corner he should be fine for the remainder of the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom